The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cheating and Exploits

• InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erickhwk wrote: »
    BeNashty wrote: »
    So i'm assuming this is where i report this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtLN6sgJUz4

Oh, they're still here, i just crossed paths with the bot train.

ZOS, are you there?

No, they aren't here. wrong thread. it had been created to get all the cheating comments in one thread that can be forgotten.

Or am I wrong @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ? :trollface:
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Tibbearius
    Tibbearius
    Soul Shriven
    Can you guys please do something about all the Bots showing up at the Dolemans? Please get rid of them. I know make me a bounty hunter with the appropriate skills and I will hunt them down!!!
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best part of ESO: defeat eventual cheaters in Cyrodiil.
  • Stickbow
    Stickbow
    ✭✭✭
    The easiest solution to reduce (not solve) the dolmen botting would be to remove the structures that they set up on. At least then they would die more often, and require that someone be at the keyboard/console to res themselves . Notice they don't do it in (much) in places that don't have such structures. Heck, there are only about three or four dolmens that have it regularly, and they have something in common - a place to stand where AOE effects and pathing mechanics prevent or reduce significantly the chance of them taking damage.
  • wolveman
    wolveman
    ✭✭✭
    I caught a dominion liking a who group of reds without using up any of there HP .Then the idiot post it up on his or her page on Xbox live so unfixed there ass reported that for cheating
  • mrpsyker
    mrpsyker
    Soul Shriven
    I want to take a step back and just share my perception on all this and how amazing it is... We have a world created from the collective consciousness of many minds populated with "Cheater-a person who acts dishonestly in order to gain an advantage." I was listening to a podcast talk about how originally the game did all it's "dice rolling" locally and people used this to advantage for the longest time. Then they started using the servers to communicate the dice results back to the player. It's interesting to go down this rabbit hole for me so far....
    It starts to look like the cheetah and the gazelle locked in a evolutionary arms race! So I looked to gain some insight into that analogy
    So about wasps and how it really destroyed this guys faith in god. I find this appropriate to players in a game because the creators are like "God" in a sense and it falls on them to make things "right" just like for the man with the wasp the player with the cheater is filled with a paradigm ending loss of faith. The illusion of the world as we know it is shattered and are place in it becomes uncertain.
    "The Wasp is to the cheater as the man is to the player."

FEMALE DIGGER WASP-lays her egg in a caterpillar (or grasshopper or bee) so that her larva can feed on it. She also carefully guides her sting into each ganglion of the prey's central nervous system so as to paralyse it but not kill it. This way, the meat keeps fresh.
    Is to
    ONLINE GAME CHEATER-pretending to obey the rules of the game, while secretly subverting them to gain an unfair advantage over an opponent.
    as
    Clinton Richard Dawkins-introduced the term meme.
    Is to
    ESO player-meme the term introduced

"creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now"

My understanding of the vast microcosm of player vs cheater leads me to believe that there is no ZOS and we are completely alone because ZOS is not real.
    Or maybe I just proved the existence of God and he just doesn't care and just wants to make money off sinner and saint alike in his never ending triathlon of pain...

• Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You make it really hard to resist cheating and exploting...
    as pver mainly who occasionally pvps, i would love to unlock the pvp related dyes, but i fear when i start to cheat,
    zos will finally do something.
  • wolveman
    wolveman
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that always without a doubt daggerfel has all Scrolls all keeps it's constantly they have also been caught cheating yes you heard that correctly and they post this on YouTube .
    I over heard to daggerfel players that they use cheat engine a lot now I do get a bit nosey so I decided to listen in this one player says to the other what they do is down load the software on PC then sense Microsoft can stream games from Xbox to PC they take advantage of it to cheat so I heard .
    I seen dominion do it to as well I seen this one dominion kill and wipe out entire group off reds ebonheart pack without loosing there vitality .
    Some seems like there in god mode I seen it I have it posted on my wall and the messed up is Zena Max don't care they stated they don't get involved with politics in pvp and once I mentioned about the yellow helping the blue attacking the reds again they don't care .So I questioned them from customer service so if your allowing them to cheat etc. That's means we can all do it I never heard from the customer service rep again.
    According to Microsoft it is in fact cheating and to report them so I have .
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So has the cheating and exploiting decreased after recent patches and the completion of the no-CP event?
    What have folks been noticing?
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So has the cheating and exploiting decreased after recent patches and the completion of the no-CP event?
    What have folks been noticing?

Why would it decrease?. You hear many cheaters got caught?. No you didn't because Z0$ has 0 transparency on this issue, which means they dont talk about it which means players know next to nothing.

The last person who publicly got caught using Cheat Engine, got suspended for 2 weeks, that player won the dueling tourney for PC EU. The message sent out here was, cheat like mad and worst case you get 2 weeks suspension, which by no means combats cheating just encourages it.,

Cheating will always exist in ESO, through 3rd party programs and through them releasing/rushing/selling untested content to be exploited.
    I was going to repost, but couldn't be bothered. I was posting when this sham of a topic was created. (Been suspended from forums though for posts too close to truths).

But for a quick health check. Count how many posts/views this topic has since starting and then count how many Z0$ representatives posted in here to address the players discussing cheating and you will witness how much Z0$ cares/addresses cheating.

• Zedrian
    Zedrian
    ✭✭✭
    The insane RNG invites people to exploit. I now feel it is by design as I saw some players farming chests Lorkhaj day-in day-out on their own and they don't get banned for such action on PS4.

I am considering stopping the game because after a year of legitimate farming I still can't get a sharpened moondancer/aether/vma/vicious ophidian/2 fangs weapon for any of my DPS characters (daggers, axes, bows, lightning and infernal staves)... not one after hundreds of hours in Trials and Maelstrom. What are the odds heh? The addiction is turning into depression.

Meanwhile exploiters have a free ride and get to show off their collection of Sharpened Moondancer Staves/Swords. I stopped reporting people as I have no proof that my actions bear their results. If I don't get paid to police the game, why bother?
    Edited by Zedrian on March 11, 2017 9:00AM
  • EtonZilla
    EtonZilla
    It took me a year of PvE to even get a desire to try PvP (ps4). Cheating , Exploits, bragging their videos on YouTube, and lack of discipline from ZOS lead me to uninstall the game. I apologize for the mis-use of the word "game".
    I will never buy another Bethesda product again.
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile exploiters have a free ride and get to show off their collection of Sharpened Moondancer Staves/Swords. I stopped reporting people as I have no proof that my actions bear their results. If I don't get paid to police the game, why bother?
    Farming Chest in Mol is fixed , yes you can still farm them with Farmgroups of 12 people on Normal a Run is like 10 min.
    The only thing which appeared where people which exploited Msa, there were Video about people which were able to skip stages to get straight to the endboss.
    Well but Zenimax never talks about such stuff, appearently they fixed it as i heard, without mention it in the patchnotes.
    Edited by Aiphaton on March 13, 2017 11:39AM
  • EtonZilla
    EtonZilla
    I have very little concern about skipping stages in group dungeons & trials. Only player affected is SELF.

Cheating in PvP affects all the other players. It's like Honest Citizen mugged & gang rapped by street thugs. Then the police slap the thugs on their hands & released 72 hours later to do it again. No penalty & no reform.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtonZilla wrote: »
    I have very little concern about skipping stages in group dungeons & trials. Only player affected is SELF.
    Depends if it has a leaderboard or not. Anyone using unintended mechanics that improves their leaderboard position will definitely affect others.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • EtonZilla
    EtonZilla
    Excellent point Enodoc. I rarely look at leader boards to consider that point.
  • ShdwMstr
    ShdwMstr
    on PS4 NA server a guy named "duskranger69" is advertising in zone chat a blacksmith writ for 82 vouchers, which you can highlight in text chat and see. I say I will buy and he send COD. Using R3 to view the attachment, I can see it is blacksmith writ, but not how many vouchers it is worth. I accept for the agreed upon 150k and he had sent me a writ for 7 vouchers. When I hit him up about it in text chat (all screen captured of course) he admits to doing it.

The "review attachment" function is designed so that the recipient is able to verify the contents of the mail, prior to accepting it. In this case, it is known (now known by me) that you cannot see the details of crafting writs...therefore, this person knowingly sent me the wrong item, with the intent of defrauding me by way of the "review item" mechanism not working appropriately. This is a violation of the ZOS code of conduct. I reported him and attached screen shots.

Federal law defines computer fraud as any use of a computer to create a dishonest misrepresentation of fact as an attempt to induce another to do or refrain from doing something which causes loss. There is no differentiation between tangible or intangible loss, nor is there an definition or case law that states that Federal Statutes (USC Title 18, Part I, Chapter 47) does not apply to virtual currency, virtual items nor anything else that disqualifies these types of thefts.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShdwMstr wrote: »
    on PS4 NA server a guy named "duskranger69" is advertising in zone chat a blacksmith writ for 82 vouchers, which you can highlight in text chat and see. I say I will buy and he send COD. Using R3 to view the attachment, I can see it is blacksmith writ, but not how many vouchers it is worth. I accept for the agreed upon 150k and he had sent me a writ for 7 vouchers. When I hit him up about it in text chat (all screen captured of course) he admits to doing it.

The "review attachment" function is designed so that the recipient is able to verify the contents of the mail, prior to accepting it. In this case, it is known (now known by me) that you cannot see the details of crafting writs...therefore, this person knowingly sent me the wrong item, with the intent of defrauding me by way of the "review item" mechanism not working appropriately. This is a violation of the ZOS code of conduct. I reported him and attached screen shots.

Federal law defines computer fraud as any use of a computer to create a dishonest misrepresentation of fact as an attempt to induce another to do or refrain from doing something which causes loss. There is no differentiation between tangible or intangible loss, nor is there an definition or case law that states that Federal Statutes (USC Title 18, Part I, Chapter 47) does not apply to virtual currency, virtual items nor anything else that disqualifies these types of thefts.

Really? You gonna press charges?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EtonZilla wrote: »

Cheating in PvP affects all the other players. It's like Honest Citizen mugged & gang rapped by street thugs. Then the police slap the thugs on their hands & released 72 hours later to do it again. No penalty & no reform.

Except that VMA has best in slot items, which people use in PVP. So people cheating any kind of PVE still effects players in PVP
  • EtonZilla
    EtonZilla
    I am beginning to suspect ZOS is running for US Congress - no punishment for the elite and constantly in a cover-up.
  • EtonZilla
    EtonZilla
    It appears they don't care about cheaters impact on the devoted players. The hostility promotes in game battles instead of stagnant boredom of a game world that cannot evolve. So cheating is the only way to promote change.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From almost three years of watching I have become insanely cynical of ZOS regarding this issue.

I always try my best to remain fair and understanding of ZOS as I do genuinely love the game and can see the passion the developers have for it, however...

For some reason they've had a backwards system of addressing cheating/exploiting in the game since launch. Rather than step in with bans and penalties they just patch the problem away and leave everyone who abused to enjoy their rewards.

This has just created a culture among many of "abuse until it's fixed, you won't suffer any penalties" which everyone follows now.
    Of course part of the issue is players calling foul of literally everything which beats them in the game these days.

I just wish ZOS would do something to reassure me that this will ever be a serious issue to them, aside from a quick spurt of activity and promises when the forums get too over flooded.

Any way enough of my grumblings on this topic (again) back to looking for threads where I can be constructive and helpful.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Voltranox
    Voltranox
    ✭✭✭
    Another typically stupid pvp session in ESO...

Played in BWB pvp. 15 players attack one guy for about 10 minutes. We finally get him down to under 20% health. We spam multiple execute abilities on him like lightning. He performs a single Vigor, and heals right through all the executes, and all the way to tippity-top full health, within one second. Great. So enjoyable.

So I swap over to TF vet pvp. Standing on the wall of a keep, I watch a group of enemy players race from resource to resource like they are on turbo-charged motorbikes. They have their speed-hack turned waaay up.

Entire factions and groups seem to be cheating now. Even some recogniseable players who have played for a long time (disappointing). I absolutely refuse to cheat. I just will not do it. But where does that leave me? Sinking money into their stupid subscription month after month, while the cheating continues like uncontrolled wildfire, and the company remains totally, utterly silent about it.

The only reason I haven't thrown this game into the wind is that I have already spent so much time and money on it. My crafter is researching his final traits. Half my toons are vet. I have slowly gathered materials and gear over time. However the critical point of abandoning this garbage fast approaches for me, as frustration builds.

Even if ZOS manages to finally develop a workable anti-cheat system, what are the chances they will ban all the cheating players? Who knows what the percentage of players are who are cheating is...40%? 60%? 80%? I doubt they could ban that percentage of their income and survive financially.

Since the company remains totally silent on the subject, I guess we are just expected to accept the situation in silence, trusting that it is the top priority (higher than gambling-crates for instance). Then if it gets fixed, does everyone who has cheated get to keep their dishonourably gained rewards? I suspect the answer is yes.

In business, if a company is not delivering a good product, they should either fix it, or communicate to their customers. With neither happening, I'm struggling to find a reason to stay a customer. Throw me a bone ZOS.
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_AlanG...

This thread has been open since June 2016 (!) and I wonder if it is still fulfilling it's initial intention by now?

Can you please summarise where ZOS is with dealing with Cheating and exploits?

It would be great if there is more information from you rather than an 18 month thread with disparate discussions exclusively amongst players lately about this..

Thanks!
  • EtonZilla
    EtonZilla
    At least ban the cheaters from PvP for 2 months. Long enough to scare the other cheaters.
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Zenny,

Thanks in advance for an as yet absent response!
  • Zedrian
    Zedrian
    ✭✭✭
    Aiphaton wrote: »
    Farming Chest in Mol is fixed , yes you can still farm them with Farmgroups of 12 people on Normal a Run is like 10 min.
    The only thing which appeared where people which exploited Msa, there were Video about people which were able to skip stages to get straight to the endboss.
    Well but Zenimax never talks about such stuff, appearently they fixed it as i heard, without mention it in the patchnotes.

Since when?
    Last week still 3 know exploiters were farming chests in groups of 2 or 3 in vMOL on PS4. And still no bans on them, amazing.
    Edited by Zedrian on March 17, 2017 9:45AM
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zedrian wrote: »
    Aiphaton wrote: »

Since when?
    Last week still 3 know exploiters were farming chests in groups of 2 or 3 in vMOL on PS4. And still no bans on them, amazing.

This bug was reported to Z0$ ages ago, they fixed where you cant get the skin and title but left it that you could continue to farm the end chest.

Just another example of pure incompetent behaviors from Z0$. I doubt they could ever seriously post again as they amount of shoddy work just leaves them fully open to criticism, which is totally deserved.
  • EtonZilla
    EtonZilla
    This is a marketing strategy - bad publicity is good publicity . As long as player pay for ESO+ and the website generates traffic, the bean counters think it is good.
    If this was illegal dog fights, PETA would bully ESO into compliance.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    txY6sHH.jpg

Yet another bot train.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
This discussion has been closed.