Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cheating and Exploits

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hits with several skills within 1 second - including ones with cast times.
    extreme speed.
    incredibly difficult to damage ('super-tank').
    hits for extremely high damage - even with light attacks.
    heals to full health within one second.
    non-stop sustain.
    constant dodges - consistantly dodges 9 out of 10 shots at them.
    casting ultimates every 10 seconds (or less!).
    Voltranox wrote: »
    Here's a list of traits that make it easy to spot a cheater in pvp.
    Each point below might be explainable on its own...but not all on one character!
    Even the most clever build has some kind of limitation or weakness.
    The cheating 'super-character' is commonly visible in pvp, and often several in a group.
    • hits with several skills within 1 second - including ones with cast times.
    • extreme speed.
    • incredibly difficult to damage ('super-tank').
    • hits for extremely high damage - even with light attacks.
    • heals to full health within one second.
    • non-stop sustain.
    • constant dodges - consistantly dodges 9 out of 10 shots at them.
    • casting ultimates every 10 seconds (or less!).
    You can also easily spot any players who aren't cheating, because they behave as you'd expect.
    They conform to the game mechanics, have limitations, and can be beaten with smart, concerted attacks.

I played with a full pug group the other day, and we were attacked by a small group of 4 players.
    This small group totally wiped every one of us (24) five times in a row, with ease. We utterly melted each time.
    Is it any wonder really? What kind of competition is that?

I sometimes identify a cheating player within my own group, that displays the same traits.
    Increasingly, the only competition in pvp is cheater vs cheater, and it comes down to who dares to have their settings most blatantly turned up.

The players who cheat but to a more subtle extent are harder to spot.
    One of the worst things about the cheating is that when you are beaten by a truly legitimate player, you instantly wonder if it was their skill and their build...or if they too were cheating.

Sigh. Come on Zenimax Online Studio. Can you at least state whether it is being worked on?
    Maybe you want to keep quiet so you can work on it in the background, and not draw attention to it.
    Maybe you want to keep silent so that you can bust the cheaters in a big 'surprise attack'.
    A single reassurance would go a long way though.
    I think this will be my last post on the subject.

Until this is fixed, I will not play in TECO. I'm sick see exploiters.

Welcome to every day in cyrondil!

The sheer amount of players that exhibit those "abilities" is staggering.
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily update 1April:

Found a botter in Alikhr doing 2+ light attacks per second and cleverly on top of a building so noone can kite over any mobs.... Reported!!
  • kaotikross
    kaotikross
    Soul Shriven
    hits with several skills within 1 second - including ones with cast times.
    extreme speed.
    incredibly difficult to damage ('super-tank').
    hits for extremely high damage - even with light attacks.
    heals to full health within one second.
    non-stop sustain.
    constant dodges - consistantly dodges 9 out of 10 shots at them.
    casting ultimates every 10 seconds (or less!).
    Voltranox wrote: »
    Here's a list of traits that make it easy to spot a cheater in pvp.
    Each point below might be explainable on its own...but not all on one character!
    Even the most clever build has some kind of limitation or weakness.
    The cheating 'super-character' is commonly visible in pvp, and often several in a group.
    • hits with several skills within 1 second - including ones with cast times.
    • extreme speed.
    • incredibly difficult to damage ('super-tank').
    • hits for extremely high damage - even with light attacks.
    • heals to full health within one second.
    • non-stop sustain.
    • constant dodges - consistantly dodges 9 out of 10 shots at them.
    • casting ultimates every 10 seconds (or less!).
    You can also easily spot any players who aren't cheating, because they behave as you'd expect.
    They conform to the game mechanics, have limitations, and can be beaten with smart, concerted attacks.

I played with a full pug group the other day, and we were attacked by a small group of 4 players.
    This small group totally wiped every one of us (24) five times in a row, with ease. We utterly melted each time.
    Is it any wonder really? What kind of competition is that?

I sometimes identify a cheating player within my own group, that displays the same traits.
    Increasingly, the only competition in pvp is cheater vs cheater, and it comes down to who dares to have their settings most blatantly turned up.

The players who cheat but to a more subtle extent are harder to spot.
    One of the worst things about the cheating is that when you are beaten by a truly legitimate player, you instantly wonder if it was their skill and their build...or if they too were cheating.

Sigh. Come on Zenimax Online Studio. Can you at least state whether it is being worked on?
    Maybe you want to keep quiet so you can work on it in the background, and not draw attention to it.
    Maybe you want to keep silent so that you can bust the cheaters in a big 'surprise attack'.
    A single reassurance would go a long way though.
    I think this will be my last post on the subject.

Until this is fixed, I will not play in TECO. I'm sick see exploiters.

Welcome to every day in cyrondil!

The sheer amount of players that exhibit those "abilities" is staggering.

Sigh. I wondered how i croaked with all legendary gear in one second. :neutral:
    8 Hamster-Growth Hormone Injected Rodents (2x4)
    1 8088 Motherboard with 8 "TurboWheel Hamster Wheels with Ceramic Ball bearing Races" (2x4)
    2 RCA-Victor Tube-Fed Power Supplies Removed from 1922 Victrolas
    80' x 120' Outbuilding containing 16GB RAM pieced together from various 1960's Space Programs
    144 Video Chips from Atari 2600's hardwired together, placed in Beer Fridge Freezer and cabled to Computing Device
    Keyboard from Nokia 6100 (for indestrucibleness)
    1986 Pioneer 52" Rear Projection Tv (Monitor)

• Uural
    Uural
    Soul Shriven
    My bf got suspended, never laughed harder in my life...

Not that he usally does such things but...
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Small group of bots running around drowned coast dolmen island, Greenshade, on PC/NA. Running a route, killing crabs.
    Edited by phairdon on April 4, 2017 11:23PM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Small group of bots running around drowned coast dolmen island, Greenshade, on PC/NA. Running a route, killing crabs.

report them in game with location in game, time, platform, and server.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^ I also warmly recommend the Add On "FastReport". It creates an automated report that includes time stamp and map coordinates.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1370-FastReportContinued.html

You bind a key to the add, and the player you last aimed (or are aiming) your cross aim at will automatically have the playername as well as character name placed in a report template which opens with the Report window. No matter what signs/characters have been used in the names, every character will be in order.

You mark the template text on the left window, pres CTRL+C to copy the selection, then place the marker in the report box in the right window and press CTRL+V to paste it into the report. You can add further descriptive text, check that the right subcategory has been selected in the drop down windows, and send.

Your report can be further completed with attachments, such as Screencaps, videos and text, online. From i.e. the ESO Forums, select Support in the top menu, log in, select Account Overview, and click on the appropriate ticket to add files or further descriptions.
    Edited by Idinuse on April 5, 2017 2:22AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • wookiefriseur
    wookiefriseur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    ^ I also warmly recommend the Add On "FastReport". It creates an automated report that includes time stamp and map coordinates.

I think it is very likely that information such as timestamps, map coordinates and more is included in every ticket or somehow linked to log entries. Otherwise that wouldn't be a very good ticket system.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patros wrote: »

I think it is very likely that information such as timestamps, map coordinates and more is included in every ticket or somehow linked to log entries. Otherwise that wouldn't be a very good ticket system.

You can go back and look at your reports to see what gets included. They include a small file with your submission that includes your GPS coordinates, including the direction you are facing. That said, it is probably helpful to describe, in words, where you are when you do the report.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patros wrote: »

You can go back and look at your reports to see what gets included. They include a small file with your submission that includes your GPS coordinates, including the direction you are facing. That said, it is probably helpful to describe, in words, where you are when you do the report.
    The more you know... That's pretty neat.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this was posted here yet but it definitely should be. There is this one big hole in the way cyrodiil PvP is build that I don't know why ZOS haven't changed yet. It is a gigantic exploit...

Re-logging

It is fine if you log-off and log-in with different character (lets say you want to play as a tank, so you log-off with your healer and log-in with your tank character. Simple right ?

Now... what happens if you log-off with one character and then log-in with a different character, with a different alliance but still in the same campaign (lets say you log-off from Aldmeri Dominion Trueflame campaign and then log-in with a Daggerfall Covenant Trueflame campaign) ?

When individual player do that - it is not a big issue - but it leads to "team switch" problem.
    It is getting like 1000% worse when whole groups / guilds do so. It leads to situations when campaigns become "rigged".
    1 - 2 large groups that re-loging basically "control the flow" of the campaign - leading to one side wining over and over.
    The fact that you can simply re-log to different side of conflict also leads to one side having all good players - and the other side to have less experienced players - it causes huge imbalances within PvP campaigns.
    (I don't want to propose solutions - it is up to you ZOS ! - but making campaigns alliance-locked could fix this exploit).
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 9, 2017 11:29AM
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know if this was posted here yet but it definitely should be. There is this one big hole in the way cyrodiil PvP is build that I don't know why ZOS haven't changed yet. It is a gigantic exploit...

Re-logging

It is fine if you log-off and log-in with different character (lets say you want to play as a tank, so you log-off with your healer and log-in with your tank character. Simple right ?

Now... what happens if you log-off with one character and then log-in with a different character, with a different alliance but still in the same campaign (lets say you log-off from Aldmeri Dominion Trueflame campaign and then log-in with a Daggerfall Covenant Trueflame campaign) ?

When individual player do that - it is not a big issue - but it leads to "team switch" problem.
    It is getting like 1000% worse when whole groups / guilds do so. It leads to situations when campaigns become "rigged".
    1 - 2 large groups that re-loging basically "control the flow" of the campaign - leading to one side wining over and over.
    The fact that you can simply re-log to different side of conflict also leads to one side having all good players - and the other side to have less experienced players - it causes huge imbalances within PvP campaigns.
    (I don't want to propose solutions - it is up to you ZOS ! - but making campaigns alliance-locked could fix this exploit).

Campaigns used to be alliance locked, you could only have one character per campaign for however many days it ran for. Due to dwindling PvP population it became to restrictive, so they did away with it. And it will likely stay that.
  • TigerSeptim
    TigerSeptim
    ✭✭
    I'm a bit confused. How can one know what cheating is if they don't understand the rules in the first place?

To clarify- I play this game without knowing what all those magic numbers are (read: stats.) There's a bewildering number of them, and no go-to reference on them- no manual. So I blunder along with inferior armor (why can we only craft for even-numbered levels? The gear in quest rewards/stores is inevitably worse.) and not understanding how to use my skills to best advantage. I know becoming a lightning bolt is useful (Sorcerer is my favorite class) but dread going into a fight- any fight- armed with a sword and board as my Khajiit nightblade. Why? Because, inevitably, I get killed.

So being a lightning bolt is enjoyable, but being a normal close-range fighter is a pain in this one's tail. Why? Does the nightblade class have a skill that automatically damages enemies within five feet, too?
  • TigerSeptim
    TigerSeptim
    ✭✭
    Thank you, sir; you are a wonderful human being.
  • Bryong9ub17_ESO
    Bryong9ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    They will always be here. Chop off the head of one bot and two more replace it.
  • jpeg
    jpeg
    ✭✭
    If you mean like dolmen grinding as an exploit i disagree. If people want to spend their time grinding thats fine.
  • Lucasalex92
    Lucasalex92
    ✭✭✭
    If I'll be again in cyro I'll make video and screenshoots to show you all what's happening in imperial city and cyrodill , basicly yesterday evening , there was as fighting with dc and EP and same EP with dc and ad all big fight , suddenly my friend got stuck so I run help him , and he while we crouch there was guy I can remember his nick name but most of "players" standing around him and moving when he moves only and my friend started to run to attack them and when player with normal name moved the CLONES move too al same set sand they all used same skills kill my friend on one hit spotted me and all hit me with poison arrow lol about 10 of them with names like random letters something like that : mamdadhgshs sasdsaeswsee ,

What's happening with this game ? If they not running and collecting mats all the time now this ? :( sad sad sad
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'll be again in cyro I'll make video and screenshoots to show you all what's happening in imperial city and cyrodill , basicly yesterday evening , there was as fighting with dc and EP and same EP with dc and ad all big fight , suddenly my friend got stuck so I run help him , and he while we crouch there was guy I can remember his nick name but most of "players" standing around him and moving when he moves only and my friend started to run to attack them and when player with normal name moved the CLONES move too al same set sand they all used same skills kill my friend on one hit spotted me and all hit me with poison arrow lol about 10 of them with names like random letters something like that : mamdadhgshs sasdsaeswsee ,

What's happening with this game ? If they not running and collecting mats all the time now this ? :( sad sad sad

Sounds like a multi boxer
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Know how the reporting function works. Reported the same groups of bots again, yesterday (9 days later).

Found a group of three in the Hoarfrost Downs area of Rivenspire, tonight. Sitting almost on top of a spot, where a group of zombies spawn. Reported them as well.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • CharybdisJim
    CharybdisJim
    ✭✭

And now strangely a lot of the guild vendors seem suddenly flush with people selling nothing but 200x stacks of mudcrab chitin. This seems like it should be something that should be easy for the system to identify and flag (not for automatic punishment but human review). If groups of accounts are placing 200x stacks of something in most of their slots at the same time at the same below-average price it seems like an automated system could note that for the ZoS team.
  • Wolverton808b14_ESO
    Cheaters caught hacking even with video proof and evidence=Temporary ban. If you can't make an example out of someone who is blatantly insulting your triple A game, then you don't care what happens with your game. If they do it once, they'll do it again. Due to the "Name and shame" policy, I can only say I've seen at least 3 people back in the game with the exact same @ names that were caught cheating on video and let back into the game with nothing more than a temp ban. There's this thing we have in the Army called canning a soldier faster than they can comprehend time itself if they do anything along the lines of misconduct and flaming them hard. It's made an example of them and makes people fear the thought of misconduct in many ways as it should. If cheating is dealt with in this game as a slap on the wrist, you're just enabling them to push the envelope.
  • alsonotan0rc
    alsonotan0rc
    ✭✭✭
    I ran into another 2-person bot group killing crabs around Drowned Coast Dolmen in Greenshade. Every single time I got there, there are bots there. I report them all every time. But I'm beginning to feel like nothing is being done about it. A person in zone chat told me that they had to be devs, because anyone else would have been banned by now, and that if you reported them, your account would be banned. I told him/her that that was ridiculous. But the situation itself is getting pretty ridiculous. When you've got ludicrous rumors like that flying around, and people actually listening to them, you know it's bad.

Also, I would like to point out to those who say "they're just multi-boxing" that multi-boxing violates the TOS.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that the locked thread on cheating was removed from the PvP forums. It doesn't take long to find cheaters, and ignoring it won't fix it.
  • tradewith2017
    at least some gamemasters back!
    found in in the internet

ae9f493e91b2697ccf447f7f9d7ed821.png
  • Norakai
    Norakai
    ✭✭✭
    I dont get your Report Player tool as described in the first page... but i want to tell you guys there are a lot of bots running in bangkorai - kerbols hollow questhub on PC / EU

heres a video link of at least 15 bots https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeepYzadktk
    just delete it if its vialating anything...
  • hopkinsstephen1983ub17_ESO
    A raid of friends and I confirmed an exploit, today. We were wondering how EP is always population locked despite an almost non-existent EP populationin in Cyrodil meanwhile AD has a low population bonus but has full control of the map and undeniably at least 4 full raids. When EP was population locked, 23 of us were EP and we had one of our number log into an AD. We gave our AD crown and let him que us. We immediately got into the server and AD's population bonus was gone. We immediately left Cyrodil and the low population bonus was restored. We changed factions several times with different variations to our group makeup. We achieved the same results every time.

Essentially, it is possible to use a different faction's population restrictions as your own and it is possible to manipulate the low population bonus to unfairly favor your faction. This is a game breaking exploit and it would be better to completely remove the low population bonus until this exploit is fixed.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A raid of friends and I confirmed an exploit, today. We were wondering how EP is always population locked despite an almost non-existent EP populationin in Cyrodil meanwhile AD has a low population bonus but has full control of the map and undeniably at least 4 full raids. When EP was population locked, 23 of us were EP and we had one of our number log into an AD. We gave our AD crown and let him que us. We immediately got into the server and AD's population bonus was gone. We immediately left Cyrodil and the low population bonus was restored. We changed factions several times with different variations to our group makeup. We achieved the same results every time.

Essentially, it is possible to use a different faction's population restrictions as your own and it is possible to manipulate the low population bonus to unfairly favor your faction. This is a game breaking exploit and it would be better to completely remove the low population bonus until this exploit is fixed.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Several guild have confirmed and reported this.

• StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QT_DevTeam wrote: »
    at least some gamemasters back!
    found in in the internet

ae9f493e91b2697ccf447f7f9d7ed821.png

Don't they need to investigate this beyond merely 'witnessing automation' ?
    Is that screenshot really from Zenny - hmmm
  • TattdPocahontas
    Is NOONE going to do something about these bot farmers?..!?!? This is a serious issue! I can report and post and record and snap pictures until I turn blue, literally, but I continue to see these people show up EVERYWHERE that they can exploit the regeneration of animals or delve bosses....
    "Who am I... This One does not believe it is necessary to answer such questions when first meeting strange fellows...” *shakes her head in silent contemplation* "This One also believes that such a strange fellow as you should not be poking around in places asking such questions where one does not... belong, yes?”

Is'may - AD level 698CP
    Master Crafter
    Sneak Thief Extraordinaire of Felonious Recompense
    A Crown of Your Own Trousers With Butterflies A-Retching shouting Stay Out of Tamriel
    Executioner of Legend (in her own mind)
    Delver of Dungeons looking for M'aiq
    Completist of All the Shiny Shiny Achievements
    Aimless Meanderer
This discussion has been closed.