Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Customize Your Home with 3D Essential Effects(tm) (BETA) from Essential Housing Tools

• Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2019-04-01 - 12.2.0

[ New Features and Changes ]

Essential Effects(TM)

- Share your FX with your entire guild - silently and effortlessly!

* To share the current home's FX with all members of one of more guilds:

- Mouse over the EHT button
    - Click the Essential FX button
    - Click Share
    - Click Share with Guilds
    - Select one or more guilds and click Share

* A few things to note:

- Sharing with Guilds does not require you to send any chat messages
    and is therefore a more considerate alternative for sharing FX with
    guilds that have many members that do -not- have Essential Housing Tools
    installed. (But why wouldn't you have it installed? :P)

- As with sharing via Chat, only guild members that are online will
    receive your FX data.

- You must have permission to edit your Guild Member Note in order to
    use the Share with Guild feature. If you do not have this
    permission for a particular guild, please contact the guild's
    Guild Master or an Officer to request the permission.

- Share with Guilds operates in the background effortlessly.
    After you select which guild(s) to share with, Essential Housing Tools
    takes care of the rest -- you will receive a simple confirmation
    when the process is complete in your Chat Window.

2019-03-31 - 12.1.8, 12.1.9

[ New Features and Changes ]
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s awesome uploaded all my homes fxs with my guildies
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K you the best i cant believe you made them sway with breeze i didnt even ask for it but thanks
    gfx9x9bvcdgm.png

@Krainor1974 <3 ;-)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chryseia wrote: »
    Its official. I will never use real decor slots for desktop clutter ever again.

unknown.png

I love how the new framing pieces let me cobble 3D decorative objects out of FX. Its really amazing how you have given us this option @R_K !!!!

There are no real decors on that desk. Just hundreds of FX. literally.

Pics from other angles:
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

@Chryseia <3 to you too! :-)
  • TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K OMGUSSSSSSSHHHHHH!! You are def THE WIZARD of ZOS!! :wink:<3

Console pleb salivating here!!! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , Please for the love of the divines, tell me this is coming to base game soooooooon!!!! You guys are awesome and thanks for your time!!! <3
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K nice to see you on forum, could you also please help me out.contacted you 2 weeks ago? lost all my data and that will happen to more people in the future if we dont solve this
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭

immozz01 wrote: »
    @R_K nice to see you on forum, could you also please help me out.contacted you 2 weeks ago? lost all my data and that will happen to more people in the future if we dont solve this
    I will pass it on and hopefully he get back to you soon. I think this is known, I heard a few guildies mention as well in guild chat.

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@immozz01 Hi Immozz! I tried to message you on Discord with the name that you sent me but each time I do, I receive a "blocked" error message. Let me know if you still need help and I'll do what I can - but for now, Discord doesn't seem to be an option.

Also, I received your message regarding the folder name; EHT only references files starting with the EssentialHousingTools\ folder itself. None of the parent folders, such as Live\ or Addons\ are referenced at all, so having a different Windows or Mac user name would not affect EHT (or virtually any other add-on).

Finally, I'll send you my email address so you can ZIP your SavedVariables file and send it to me if you'd like and I can take a look to see if anything looks incorrect in it.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »

@immozz01 Hi Immozz! I tried to message you on Discord with the name that you sent me but each time I do, I receive a "blocked" error message. Let me know if you still need help and I'll do what I can - but for now, Discord doesn't seem to be an option.

Also, I received your message regarding the folder name; EHT only references files starting with the EssentialHousingTools\ folder itself. None of the parent folders, such as Live\ or Addons\ are referenced at all, so having a different Windows or Mac user name would not affect EHT (or virtually any other add-on).

Finally, I'll send you my email address so you can ZIP your SavedVariables file and send it to me if you'd like and I can take a look to see if anything looks incorrect in it.

@immozz01 I sent you back a new ZIP file. Use that SavedVariables LUA file -- it has all of your old @name's data migrated to your new @name.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K OMGUSSSSSSSHHHHHH!! You are def THE WIZARD of ZOS!! :wink:<3

Console pleb salivating here!!! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , Please for the love of the divines, tell me this is coming to base game soooooooon!!!! You guys are awesome and thanks for your time!!! <3

Thank you so much @TwIsTeDReDQuEeN <3;)
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newly added to eht
    pqkkhnn291pe.png
    0qji6zjzx4l9.png
    igfokdgi3h2k.png
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K
    Newly added dino
    zcb2ebalb4ce.png
    tjb38nwu6sb6.png
    ztglnmefeitn.png
    b8tybcf04gt4.png
    Edited by Krainor1974 on April 22, 2019 1:01PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    updated my necro twin arches house.
    rx1fbq0av2gt.png
    p49oa35vbghu.png
    wv5ih3a0djb8.png
    0q0i2q2423j3.png
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K My updated Linchal which i uploaded to yesterday's newly added to eht : Essentail housing community beta. It for now allows you to upload one house in which anyone with the new EHC addition can visit. Here’s a link to EHC with more info:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1959-EssentialHousingTools.html#changelog

q4n43lrjfqm0.png
    u737lmo2tef4.png
    hiftc8jjuyiy.png
    o3wjuzhmwudy.png
    rse3lmzp6ska.png
    Edited by Krainor1974 on April 23, 2019 2:51PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @R_K, I have a question about special effects: when I place one down, it seems to follow my point of view for that area, such that it doesn't appear static and moves around depending on my camera rotation and positioning. Also I can see the effect from far away through walls from all around the house. Any idea what I'm doing wrong, and why this is happening? :sweat_smile: Thank you for your help!
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K amazing job creating a community and such.

however i told you all my data is lost and unrecoverable and i read that i am not alone in this. you suggested trying something but that doesnt work, all data is lost

creating a data file that can be stored and restored on a (new) pc (shared on a 2nd pc would be also great)
    should be priority no 1. there is no point in using EHT if all the effort you put in it can be lost and is not recoverable
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @immozz01 I'm not Cardi (obviously - I'm not nearly so fabulous), but I have experienced the same bug that you have and can maybe help clarify a bit there.

From what I understand, the bug is something that happens on ZoS's end under certain circumstances, and it actually wipes addon save data for all addons - not just EHT. Based on what Cardi has said, its not something he can really fix, since its not an issue with his code but is instead a limitation/bug with the game itself. I might be wrong about this, and maybe Cardi has had smart and innovative ideas since we last talked, but that was my takeaway at the time of the conversation.

As with all things you work on and put a lot of effort into, its good to remember that data can be lost, corrupted, or destroyed--just like with our regular file systems. It sucks, but it happens, and there ARE things we can do to mitigate the consequences of data loss. I always, ALWAYS, recommend that players back up their addon data regularly. It is simple enough to restore a prior state of your addon data if it is wiped due to the game bug, and it takes just a couple of seconds to create a backup.

Personally, I back up every time I do work on a house that I do not want to repeat. Sometimes this means I backup multiple times in a single play session (as, if I remember correctly, the bug is related to crashing before a reloadui or proper log out - but I might be misremembering). Sometimes this means I do not backup for several weeks. But that is just me. I know other people who backup on a timer (like every Sunday, for example). It's not perfect -- perfect would be that ZoS fixes the issue so the data doesn't get wiped in the first place -- but it is realistic, and it will (along with spreading information about the potential for data loss) help resolve this issue for people going forward.

By the way, I am not trying to be dismissive of your situation. I used to play Wildstar, and we had a very similar bug in that game, where addonsavedata was regularly wiped and not recoverable. I lost multiple homes in that game before I learned to mitigate the data loss by backing up regularly. I know its really frustrating and upsetting to have to start over from scratch, and I am sorry it happened to you.

I'm putting detailed instructions regarding how to manually make backups and restore prior versions of your addon data in the spoiler, below, in case anyone wants it. I understand that Minion has a way to create backups of addon data, but I do not use Minion (I prefer to manage my addons manually) so I cannot comment on that.
    Creating a Backup:

(1) If you are currently in game, type "/reloadui" in your chat box to save your current addon data. Addon data is not "saved" to your saved variables folder until you reloadui or log out, so make sure you reload to manually save it before creating a backup. This step can be skipped if you have already logged out of the game. Note: you do not need to log out of ESO to create a backup - just reloadui before tabbing out to do step (2).

(2) Locate your "Saved Variables" folder. By default, Windows users can locate this folder at the following file path within File Explorer: PC -> Documents -> Elder Scrolls Online -> Live -> SavedVariables.

(3) While in the "Live" folder, which is the direct parent folder of the "SavedVariables" folder, right click on the "SavedVariables" folder and select "Send to -> compressed (zipped) folder" from the dropdown menu. This will automatically create a compressed copy of your SavedVariables folder within the "Live" folder called "SavedVariables.zip" (by default - feel free to change the name if you want).

(4) Confirm that the SavedVariables.zip file has been created - congratulations! this is your backup. If you want super backup data points, feel free to make a copy of this zip folder and store it on the cloud, or wherever you store your backup data normally.

Restoring a Backup:

(1) Completely log out of/quit the game. (I am not 100% sure this is necessary, but I have had the transfer fail before while I had the game running, so I prefer to log out and keep it simple).

(2) Locate your backup folder from wherever you stored it in step 4, above. For simplicity of instruction, I will assume you used the default name and location for your backup folder (SavedVariables.zip within the "Live" folder)

(3) Double click the "SavedVariables.zip" folder to open it. There should be one subfolder within it called "SavedVariables"

(4) Double click the "SavedVariables" subfolder.

(5) Within the "SavedVariables" subfolder, there will be multiple .lua files. The exact files will vary based on your addon setup, however, for the purposes of restoring your EHT data, we are only concerned with the file named "EssentialHousingTools.lua". Copy this file to your clipboard either by right clicking the file and selecting "copy" from the dropdown menu, or highlighting the file and using the shortcut command "control+c". DO NOT "cut" the file - you will want to maintain your backup in case anything goes wrong with the transfer.

(6) Use the file explorer to navigate back to the "Live" folder, identified in steps (2) and (3) of how to create a backup, above.

(7) Within the "Live" folder, double click the folder titled "SavedVariables." (note, for those who kept the default name and location for their backup folder, make sure you select the folder called "SavedVariables," NOT "SavedVariables.zip")

(8) Within the SavedVariables folder, delete the filed named "EssentialHousingTools.lua" (again, be sure this is the "Live" -> "SavedVariables" folder, NOT "Live" -> "SavedVariables.zip" -> "SavedVariables" folder. DO NOT delete things from the "SavedVariables.zip" folder or subfolders, as this is your backup).

(9) Paste your backup "EssentialHousingTools.lua" file, which you copied to your clipboard in step 5, above, into your "SavedVariables" folder by either using the windows shortcut "control + p" or by right clicking within File Explorer and selecting "paste" from the dropdown menu.

(10) Launch ESO. If everything transferred properly, your addon data should be restored as of the point you created your backup folder.

Hope this is helpful, maybe, and @R_K please feel free to correct or clarify if needed.
    Edited by Chryseia on April 23, 2019 10:27PM
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @Chryseia ty for nice detailed reply.

issue for me is/was that i needed a new pc, guess can happen with windows reinstall also. it can happen that you are forced to make a new login and you will have a new username (no, you can not correct it back).
    your old saved data will not work.
    anyone here ever tried saving data on 2 pc's who use different usernames? i didnt, just wonder if you can get that working because i know a lot of players who play on 2 locations.
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @immozz01

That makes sense RE the new PC, as your SavedVariables folder would have stayed on the old computer unless you made a copy and transferred it to the new computer. Storing your SavedVariables backup on the cloud or on an external drive (as with all data) will help mitigate data loss in that situation.

Regarding a new username... I might be completely wrong about this because I am not a coder or anything, but I think its possible to take a backup you made of your saved variables and change the @name within that .lua file. I'm basing this on the fact that, while troubleshooting one of my builds (I break EHT a lot) Cardi had me send him a copy of my .lua backup file, and he then loaded it into his own EHT. I believe he said in passing that, to do this, he had to go through that .lua and change my @name to his @name. I don't know for sure if this fixes the problem you mentioned, but theoretically it might work since its an analogous situation to having a new username. When you said "your old saved data will not work," does that statement encompass changing the @name in the old saved data before trying to load back into it?

I know for sure you can remove @names and otherwise edit that .lua file, because once Cardi had to scrub another player in my household's @name from my .lua file when, somehow, his @name got mixed up in my EHT data, which was interfering with my ability to share data.

Again, I have never tried to do this myself, but theoretically having the same EHT data on two PCs for the same account should work. To do this you would need to copy the .lua's between PCs and then load the .lua file into your SavedVariables on each PC to keep them up to date. It would be a pain, but it should work. (I'm basing this on the fact that Cardi often asks people with broken EHT data to send him a copy of their .lua, which he is then able to view, edit, and load into his game, and also because it makes sense logically).

Regarding two different usernames... are you referring to computer usernames? or ESO account names? Regarding computer usernames, I think it should be fine, assuming you copy the .lua into the correct location on each username/computer.

However, regarding two different ESO account names... I know historically this has the potential to cause share issues based on my own experiences. It's possible this has been fixed, as this was some time ago. It's also possible that, even if it were not fixed, you would not have any issues as several people in my housing guild play on multiple accounts, using EHT, and do not experience share issues due to having multiple @names within their .lua files. If you DO experience a share issue due to this, it is possible to remove one of the @names from your .lua, which partially corrected my issue. However if you were actively using EHT with the removed @name, presumably, you would lose your data for that account if you removed it from the .lua. Also, as a caveat regarding this paragraph, I am not 100% sure that the extra @name in my .lua was the full cause of my issue, because not all of the share issues were fixed by removing the @name, and because Cardi discovered, later, that the full cause of my issue had to do with character limits in text FX. (for context, this build had 1,906 FX in it, so there were a lot of variables to consider/things that could have been causing the problem - as I said, I break EHT a LOT).

As I mentioned, I'm not a coder, so all of this is merely based on my experiences troubleshooting things I broke/conversations with Cardi regarding same, so @R_K please correct or clarify, as needed.
    Edited by Chryseia on April 24, 2019 3:25PM
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    new pc generated new username, was no way to change and do it different. i copied the old file to the folder, that doesnt work. @R_K tried something to change withing the file, also doesnt work. so i assume saving data to the cloud also doesnt help, unless you dont pc changes.

as mentioned i know quite a few people who play on different locations/pc. would be nice if addon data would be generated so it can be migrated
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... so... it's not exactly what you would want (i.e., a full copy of all EHT data), but Cardi added one new feature recently that can at least save an exportable backup of an entire build as a text file. This is not part of the SavedVariables/.lua, if I understand correctly, so it could at least help in the case of total data loss to restore a completed home to its completed state (assuming missing FX rather than missing animations/triggers is the issue).

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/468111/copy-paste-and-share-your-builds-between-homes-servers-and-even-other-players#latest

I have not used this feature, but based on the discussion in the linked thread, it sounds like once you have completed a plot, or reached a milestone that you don't want to lose, you can save the entire plot (including FX) as a save set, export that save set, and save the exported data in any text based file. If you lose it, you should be able to rebuild by importing your exported text to the EHT clipboard and using the various paste options there. Since you would be importing the data from a file that is not connected to your .lua or saved variables, it should not be subject to the same vulnerabilities (as you are adding the data for the first time when you import rather than looking for data that no longer exists).

Granted, since its based on a save set, I believe this will not restore your animations/triggers (if I understand correctly), nor will it restore any save sets you did not export, but it can at least help a bit if you just want a backup of a whole house, or maybe some important save sets. Since FX can be saved as a set this would work to restore lost FX in the case of total data loss that is not recoverable for whatever reason.
    Edited by Chryseia on April 24, 2019 4:49PM
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    new pc generated new username, was no way to change and do it different. i copied the old file to the folder, that doesnt work. @R_K tried something to change withing the file, also doesnt work. so i assume saving data to the cloud also doesnt help, unless you dont pc changes.

as mentioned i know quite a few people who play on different locations/pc. would be nice if addon data would be generated so it can be migrated

I play on two completely (actually three) different pcs yet use the same SavedVariables. Works for me. I just copy them from one pc to another. No rocket science.
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭

I play on two completely (actually three) different pcs yet use the same SavedVariables. Works for me. I just copy them from one pc to another. No rocket science.

no rocket science for sure but do you use same username? somehow something goes wrong for me when trying to copy old data.

was hoping cardi could clarify a bit how to setup when ppl play on 2 pc's or what happens when 2 ppl play on 1 pc?
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newly added to eht

5p3i8wpba51o.png
    54jflguxjkhl.png
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no rocket science for sure but do you use same username? somehow something goes wrong for me when trying to copy old data.

was hoping cardi could clarify a bit how to setup when ppl play on 2 pc's or what happens when 2 ppl play on 1 pc?

Yes I use different usernames. Though every time I copy stuff I also copy general AddOnSettings.txt in folder "live". Worth trying?
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone help with a couple of questions? When I place an effect (I'm trying to make a rectangular water surface), after I'm done and exit the editor, the effect still moves with my camera around the area, and I can also see it from everywhere in the house, even through walls. This is the effect showing as tiny from the entrance of the house when it's supposed to be in a different location:

[img][/img]4r3qj4.png

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? :sweat_smile:

On another topic, is it possible to play two scenes with one trigger? I have a door made up of two same items, and I want the top item to go up as the bottom item goes down, to make the door open, but I can only animate one or the other.

Thanks for the help!
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Can anyone help with a couple of questions? When I place an effect (I'm trying to make a rectangular water surface), after I'm done and exit the editor, the effect still moves with my camera around the area, and I can also see it from everywhere in the house, even through walls. This is the effect showing as tiny from the entrance of the house when it's supposed to be in a different location:

[img][/img]4r3qj4.png

On another topic, is it possible to play two scenes with one trigger? I have a door made up of two same items, and I want the top item to go up as the bottom item goes down, to make the door open, but I can only animate one or the other.

Thanks for the help!

The first issue may be related to your game settings, try setting Sub sampling quality to HIGH. Should do the job.

If it comes to second issue - the answer to your question is yes, however I believe you wanted to ask if it's possible at the same time, and no, you can only play one scene at the time.
    On the other hand, you can move two objects into different directions within one scene BUT it is not going to be as smooth an animation as for just one object. You have two options a) recording a new scene (i would suggest recording frame by frame following the pattern: insert frame, move item 1 up, move item 2 down, save frame) or b) merging existing scenes (one of the options in the editor, it's good to keep the original scenes as backup).
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[img][/img]4r3qj4.png

Thanks for the help!

The first issue may be related to your game settings, try setting Sub sampling quality to HIGH. Should do the job.

If it comes to second issue - the answer to your question is yes, however I believe you wanted to ask if it's possible at the same time, and no, you can only play one scene at the time.
    On the other hand, you can move two objects into different directions within one scene BUT it is not going to be as smooth an animation as for just one object. You have two options a) recording a new scene (i would suggest recording frame by frame following the pattern: insert frame, move item 1 up, move item 2 down, save frame) or b) merging existing scenes (one of the options in the editor, it's good to keep the original scenes as backup).

@bayushi2005 It was indeed the sub-sampling quality, mine was set to low, but the effects were fixed once I set it to high--thank you so much for the heads up! :smile: About the animation, I tried doing it frame by frame, for eg., saving the frame after raising the top part and lowering the bottom part a little, and so on, but in the end only one part would end up moving, so I just made the door open in one direction :sweat_smile: Thank you again for the advice!
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About the animation, I tried doing it frame by frame, for eg., saving the frame after raising the top part and lowering the bottom part a little, and so on, but in the end only one part would end up moving, so I just made the door open in one direction :sweat_smile: Thank you again for the advice!

Mind: you need to add both items to the animation. The most convinient way is to make a new selection in their initial position, then start a new scene. However, as I mentioned before, animations using one object are way smoother.

Happy to help :)