Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Toymaker's Workshop (or, as I like to call it, how to cram over 1900 FX into a tiny apartment!)

Chryseia
Chryseia
✭✭✭✭✭
I just "finished" my first ESO house! And its a little bit weird...
I did submit a different build for the What the FX contest, but that build was not finished at the time of submission, and I am still working on it, making this my first "complete" house

***Edited 7/7/2019** THANK YOU @R_K for making your amazing video of this home!! I am reposting it here under the spoiler tag because I <3 it!! (hope you don't mind!)

The build is made almost entirely of CardinalO5's Essential FX. 1,904 FX, to be exact. AND I built it all inside of the Sister of the Sands apartment. Here is what the home looks like when you walk in, without using any of the triggers/switches:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

For those who are not already familiar with Cardi's Essential FX, FX are two dimensional UI overlays that appear to be in your house. You can share them with visitors, so visitors can see your FX in your home, they are size-scaleable, colorable, and don't take up any item slots. When you place them, they are also completely flat without any depth, so to build 3D objects like the dollhouse, and the dollhouse furniture in these pictures, you have to place multiple FX at different angles, all touching each other at the correct points, to, for example, create a "cube" out of 6 FX squares. Every item inside this dollhouse has been created in 3D.

Here is a closeup of each room:
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I also set up triggers throughout this build to "edit" the dollhouse the way we edit our housing builds. Some of the triggers can move the furniture in and out of the dollhouse, one room at a time, putting the furniture on the shelves when it is not in use:
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

This trigger removes or replaces all of the interior surface details (walls and floors):
unknown.png

unknown.png

It can be activated while the furniture toggles are off as well, to make the dollhouse completely empty:

unknown.png

You can add landscape:
unknown.png

And, if you don't like the look of white stone, you can even change the color of the exterior walls!
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

The build was created for the DDA guild anniversary event, so I also created a metaphorical "story" to go along with it, shamelessly pulling some elements from Sotha Sil's dialogue. The book and text are also created using Cardi's FX. Activating the switches under the book changes the text for pages 1, 2, and 3:
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Activating the button on the last page sets off fireworks and causes subtitle messages to appear across the screen:

unknown.png

unknown.png

... And that is how I crammed over 1,900 FX into a tiny apartment!

If anyone wants to see the build in game, feel free to message me (PC NA). Note, it will take several minutes to share the FX data, and you must have the latest version of the Essential Housing Tools addon installed.

Also note, while the switches and triggers work for me, they will not work for visitors (yet), due to certain limitations in how the engine works and how FX data is shared and rendered for visitors (though Cardi said he might have ideas RE how to work around that, eventually). As such, at this point, in-game visitors will only see the regular, white walled, fully decorated dollhouse. At some point I will try to update this post with a video showing the triggers in action, since no one besides me can test them in-game.

Also THANK YOU @R_K for making this build possible through your amazing addon!
Edited by Chryseia on July 7, 2019 4:50PM