Heyas. I have the latest update and did some work in FX, but apparently I am dense because I can't figure out how to allow guests or even Group memebers to see the effects when they visit? Do I need to create a Trigger or something? The others have the updated EHT so obviously I am not doibg something right. Any other mods (minion) I should check that may interfere?
@C3ntury There are few things which need to happen before your guests can see the FX you've placed in your house:
1. Make sure they have EHT installed. They need it to display the FX.
2. Check if the Subsampling Quality is set to HIGH nad their game and graphics card are set to 1920x1080.
1. Click the "magic wand" around your EHT button and hit "share" (upper right corner).
2. Choose your poison aka ways of sharing:
A few notes:
1. Publish to Community is the safest and the smoothest option of sharing, especially if your house is FX heavy, though it requires you and your guests to install Essential Housing Community App which manages the automatic share. Totally worth it!
2. Share with Guilds - shares the FX with your guildmates using the "note" section of the roster. Your guildmates still need EHT of their own to receive and display the FX. It takes a bit longer than other methods of sharing.
3. Share with Chat - if you choose this option, you can share with a group or just one person depending which chat mode you pick up. It requires you to hit enter every time you send a batch of data. Can be quite laboruous if your house is FX heavy.
4. Share with Mail - fast and reliable as long as your guests do not have their mailboxes perma-full. Be aware that sending data of 500+ FX multiple times in a short time may get you a social ban.
Sharing with Chat is a great option if you just have a handful (<100) FX to share and you know that your guests do not have the Community App.
After the process is completed I ask my guests to /reloadui to avoid glitches and whatnot.
It says "Share a snapshot..." so all you are able to do is Share a snapshot?...they can't come into my home and actually see what I did "in person?" ...just trying to clarify.
@C3ntury Snapshot means "the current state of your FX".
Lets take an example: you have your FX ready and share them with friends. They receive your FX data, come over and see them in person. If you decide to change something and move one or two FX they won't see the change until you share another "snapshot" (the new state) of your FX.