Hey ESO Housing Community!
As many of you probably know, I'm still *relatively* new to the ESO community, as I started playing just over a year ago after the closure of another game. As it has now been a year (and 4 days) since that game closed, I wanted to start a tradition in ESO that I loved and missed from that prior community: community custom build décor showcase threads, where anyone can post pictures of individual décors that they "cobbled" and want to share.
As such, I will be creating a new Community Cobble Showcase thread every few weeks. Each thread will be numbered, and will have a different theme. I really, really
hope that others will post some of their favorite cobbles in these threads, as I would love for these showcases to be true community creations that we can all be inspired by. ESO's housing community is amazing, creative, and so incredibly supportive of each other, and I hope that these threads will serve as a centralized, easily searchable method of showcasing and iterating on various cobbled designs.
For the first showcase theme, I chose my personal favorite type of décor to cobble: fireplaces! I think I have made... *counts fingers*… 17 fireplaces since I started housing about 9 months ago, so clearly I have a fireplace obsession! I'll be hitting other themes in future showcase threads, but if you have any suggestions please feel free to PM me.
So please post pictures of your amazing, or humble, cobbled fireplaces! I can't wait to see what you have created Original Post, House-Keeping Stuffs:
(1) If you want to post a picture of someone else's cobbled design, please credit the builder in your post.
(2) No cobble is too "simple" or too "obvious" to be included. Sometimes the most brilliant, unique, and creative ideas come in the simplest package!
(3) Please continue to be the kind, creative, and supportive community you already are!
Step-by-step instructions regarding an easy way to post pictures (note there are tons of other methods if you prefer another way of doing it)
(1) Take a screenshot in game.
(2) Make a copy of the screenshot. If you used your computers basic "print screen" function to take the screenshot, you have already copied the screenshot and can proceed to step 3. If you used an in-game command to take the screenshot, use your file explorer to navigate to the following location to open and copy the picture: This PC -> Documents -> Elder Scrolls Online -> Live -> Screenshots.
(3) Post the screenshot into any Discord Channel by using the command "control+v" in the channel's message box. I typically use a personal Discord channel, which is free to create, but if you would prefer a housing-friendly discord to post into, feel free to send me a PM and I will shoot you an invite to my housing guild's discord channel (its open to anyone).
(4) In Discord, click on the picture you just posted; an expanded view of the image will open.
(5) Click "Open Original", which appears underneath and to the left of the expanded image you opened in step 4. This will open the image in your default internet browser.
(6) Select the entire URL of the webpage that opened in step 5. Copy the URL.
(7) In the ESO forum thread, "leave a reply" box, click the drop down arrow to the right of the tool that looks like a mountain and a sun in a portrait frame, labelled "attach image". Click on the "image URL" text box that opens, and paste the URL you copied in step 6.
Links to all Community Cobble Showcases: