Maintenance for the week of November 30:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – November 30

Misty Grove Orchard & Chateau (Full Cobbled Reskin and Expansion of Old Mistveil Manor)

Chryseia
Chryseia
✭✭✭✭✭
Here are some screenshots from a home I finished recently, Misty Grove Orchard and Chateau. This build involved a full reskin of Old Mistveil Manor (interior and exterior), expansion via enclosure of the upper porch, and lots of cobbles.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

This build uses no FX, other than to add extra apples to the trees outside (only a few of those are real décor) and to hide readable book prompts inside the existing bookshelves (not pictured in the screenshots). Oh and I added two Darien pictures because... reasons... <3

Since only some of the exterior apples and the two Darien pictures are FX, I am not including with-FX/without-FX versions of the screenshots.

Here are some detailed shots, going through each area in the order it is encountered, with close-ups of the many cobbles at the end.

Exterior:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Entry Hall & Living Room:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Dining Room:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Eat-In Kitchen:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Study, Bathroom, and Master Bedroom:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Four Seasons Porch, Simple Artist's Bedroom, & Messy Kid's Bedroom:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Individual Décor Cobbles:

Fancy Crystal Chandelier (uses 40 items):

unknown.png

unknown.png

(and a rainbow version!)
unknown.png

Needlepoint Set:

unknown.png

Maormer Sea Monster Bed:

unknown.png

Stained-Glass Art Deco Chandelier:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Table Lamp:

unknown.png

Easel:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Art Deco Dining Table Top:

unknown.png

Gilded Pendant Light:

unknown.png

Mirrored End Table:

unknown.png

Mirrored Coffee Table:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Fancy Tufted Settee:

unknown.png

Structured Planter Bed (Birds Eye View):

unknown.png

Butterfly Cage:

unknown.png

Fireplaces:

Brick and Marble Fireplace:
unknown.png

Art Deco/Maormer Fireplace:
unknown.png

Arched Hew's Bane Fireplace:
unknown.png

Elsweyr Fireplace:
unknown.png

Architectural Feature Cobbles:

Gold and Lapis Floor Inlay:

unknown.png

Diamond Pane Windows:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Gilt Wall Paneling:

unknown.png

Arched Alinor Wall Paneling:

unknown.png

Gilt Art Deco Coffered Ceiling:

unknown.png

Butterfly, Dual-Hinged Window:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Sea-Inspired Wall Paneling:

unknown.png
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chryseia I remember watching this house on JHarts tour a couple of weeks back. I was just mesmerised at how brilliant it was. Almost everything I saw in the video was a re-skin. There were so many ideas in this video. Particularly, I love your chandeliers.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am available for hire for custom house builds, just PM me.
  • Nila
    Nila
    ✭✭
    Amazing! I love everything about this build, so creative :o

The Maormer Sea Monster Bed is so cute! <3

The Stained-Glass Art Deco Chandelier is so pretty :)

Great work ;)
    PC EU
  • MadHatterMike
    MadHatterMike
    ✭✭
    Love teh house, but how in the name of Caldwell did you get everything lined up so nicely, all my stuff is misaligned and what not
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Love teh house, but how in the name of Caldwell did you get everything lined up so nicely, all my stuff is misaligned and what not

You have to put your char on walk, back up as far as you can, make sure you are lined up with the wall in front of you (or the floorboards) and then grab the item in the middle.

Then, just keep doing that until you have moved the item to roughly where you want it.

Surface drag normally helps, but sometimes you have to switch it off, as other objects can interfere with it and some items don't sit directly on surfaces with it (there is a gap).

To move an item that is already aligned with a surface, but too far away from/too near to it (and that you are aligned with), after you have used the above method, if necessary, drop the item, don't move your char, or the cursor and then gently pick the item up again.

This should make sure that it hasn't moved even slightly as you pick it up, so you can then gently nudge it forward, or backwards, without any lateral movement.

For greater control, you can crouch before doing all this.

You can also go into first person, on crouch and walk, to move things tiny amounts.

It's just practice really - finding out what works and what doesn't.

Even when you know what you are doing, things can go wrong, so you just have to experiment and be prepared to undo and redo, when they do.

I believe the EHT addon can also help you, if you struggle, although I have never used it for that.

If you have the current bug where items are turning themselves directly after placement, I doubt there is anything you can do about that.

Just have to wait for a fix.

There is also another bug where linked items can move randomly, after you have placed them (when you're not in the home!).

You just have to grit your teeth and redo them.

They stop moving after a while.
    Edited by Tigerseye on December 9, 2019 9:51PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing work, by the way! :heart:

Really impressive.
  • MadHatterMike
    MadHatterMike
    ✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

You have to put your char on walk, back up as far as you can, make sure you are lined up with the back wall (or floorboards) and then grab the item in the middle.

To move an item that is already aligned with a surface, but too far away from/too near to it (and that you are aligned with), if necessary, drop the item, don't move your char, or the cursor and then gently pick the item up again.

This should make sure that it hasn't moved as you pick it up, so you can then gently nudge it forward, or backwards, without any lateral movement.

You can also go into first person, on crouch and walk, to move things tiny amounts.

Even when you know what you are doing, things can go wrong, so you just have to experiment and be prepared to undo and redo, when they do.

I believe the EHT addon can also help you, if you struggle, although I have never used it for that.

If you have the current bug where items are turning themselves directly after placement, I doubt there is anything you can do about that.

There is also another bug where linked items can move randomly, after you have placed them (when you're not in the home!).

does your EHT give you the grid lines at an angle as well or straight foward
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

You have to put your char on walk, back up as far as you can, make sure you are lined up with the back wall (or floorboards) and then grab the item in the middle.

To move an item that is already aligned with a surface, but too far away from/too near to it (and that you are aligned with), if necessary, drop the item, don't move your char, or the cursor and then gently pick the item up again.

This should make sure that it hasn't moved as you pick it up, so you can then gently nudge it forward, or backwards, without any lateral movement.

does your EHT give you the grid lines at an angle as well or straight foward

As I say, I've never really used it for that.

It only seemed to put the grid in at weird angles, for me (so it wasn't really of much use, anyway), but it's possible there is a way of adjusting that.
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭
    Just stunning and so creative. The talent in this community never ceases to amaze me. How did you make that floor inlay - it's gorgeous!
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Lovely job! Thank you for sharing :)@Chryseia
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭
    Chryseia wrote: »
    @carly Thank you! The lapis inlaid floor was made with an upside down Crystals, Midnight Cluster with the gold orcish seal luxury items, like this one, for example, though it could have been any of the 4 - they all have the same shape - sunk into it until just the rim is showing. I then copy and pasted the seal and offset the copies in various directions to create the geometric pattern.

Again..wow! That you even thought of bringing those items together to create that inlay speaks to your creativity. Just brilliant! Thank you for sharing that.
  • GChaseXmas
    GChaseXmas
    ✭✭✭
    Not only is the house beautiful, it is a phenomenal example of your creativity, skill with the housing tools, your patience (I'm sure this took a great deal of time) and your kindness in helping those of us less creative of some tricks of the trade. Kudos all around @Chryseia
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These decorations are stunning! The custom walls, floors, tables, and windows are incredibly beautiful, and I love everything about the nautical room! Amazing creativity! May I ask which items were used to make the walls in the entry hallway? They mesh really well!
    @stargold

PC/NA CP810

AD Nefelyn - Altmer Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Master Angler ǀ Spirit Slayer ǀ Hero of all the things (fine, some of the things)
    DC Bastiene - Breton Templar - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Prefect ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    AD Niobeh - Dunmer Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Black Market Mogul ǀ Blackrose Executioner ǀ Master Thief ǀ Silencer (but we don’t talk about that) ǀ Spirit Slayer
    AD Ashayam - Khajiit Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Sydhe Narjes - Redguard Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    DC Eva Saint Claire - Breton Warden - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    EP Rruns-With-Scissors ­- Argonian Dragoknight - Tank ǀ He’s a good boy, OK Bront?
    EP Moiranni Deyr - Dunmer Dragonknight - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Anur Imagua - Redguard Templar - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Spirit Slayer
    AD Azoke Sen - Imperial Sorcerer - Tank ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Sàverin - Orc Warden - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    DC Zuwane Okoye - Redguard Dragonknight - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Telella - Orc Nightblade - DD ǀ The more the merrier ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Dro-m'athra Destroyer ǀ Spirit Slayer
    DC Mal the Ghost Whisperer - Orc Necromancer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Riad Phoenix-Song - Breton Necromancer - Healer

PC/EU CP810

AD Ariadne Teledine - Altmer Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    EP Máyim - Dunmer Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Spirit Slayer
    DC Surjan - Orc Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Spirit Slayer
    DC Maven Asari - Orc Necromancer - DD
    DC Aliya Voltaris - Orc Sorcerer - DD
    DC Mesríne - Orc Warden - DD
    EP Speaks-In-Riddles - Argonian Dragonknight - Tank
    DC Abelia Cassine - Breton Templar - Healer
    DC Kirin Swiftblade - Khajiit Nightblade - DD

vSO HM · vAA HM · vHRC HM · vMOL HM · vHOF HM · vAS HM · vCR HM · vSS HM· vKA · vDSA · vBRP · vMA · vVH

It's not zerging if we are all solo and just happen to go to the same place independently xD
  • ermenaa
    ermenaa
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with all, amazing house - beautiful, elegant, classy. With one word - masterpiece! Outstanding build Chryseia!
    Edited by ermenaa on January 28, 2020 1:59PM
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing build! To me the most inspiring combo is the window made from that steel sign holder. That is really clever!

[PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Chryseia

Once again, a magnificent home!

You've taken an otherwise drab (my opinion) home, and turned it into something worthy of the elite. And you've done it all without fx. Great work! This build, demonstrates how cobbling and layering can transform a house, and showcases your brilliant talent for design. :)

Thank you for sharing your gift of design with us.

Shar <3
    Edited by Sharalei on January 28, 2020 11:37PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you Jaimeh, ermenna, and kind_hero!

@Jaimeh, the entry hall walls is made of multiple hourglass rugs offset by 1 rotational degree to ensure there are no visible border seams. The lower wainscoting is just the base of the Tojay-Raht Statue, Monk.

Thank you for letting me know Chyseia! Amazing placement of the carpets!
    @stargold

PC/NA CP810

AD Nefelyn - Altmer Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Master Angler ǀ Spirit Slayer ǀ Hero of all the things (fine, some of the things)
    DC Bastiene - Breton Templar - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Prefect ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    AD Niobeh - Dunmer Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Black Market Mogul ǀ Blackrose Executioner ǀ Master Thief ǀ Silencer (but we don’t talk about that) ǀ Spirit Slayer
    AD Ashayam - Khajiit Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Sydhe Narjes - Redguard Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    DC Eva Saint Claire - Breton Warden - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    EP Rruns-With-Scissors ­- Argonian Dragoknight - Tank ǀ He’s a good boy, OK Bront?
    EP Moiranni Deyr - Dunmer Dragonknight - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Anur Imagua - Redguard Templar - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Spirit Slayer
    AD Azoke Sen - Imperial Sorcerer - Tank ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Sàverin - Orc Warden - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    DC Zuwane Okoye - Redguard Dragonknight - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Telella - Orc Nightblade - DD ǀ The more the merrier ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Dro-m'athra Destroyer ǀ Spirit Slayer
    DC Mal the Ghost Whisperer - Orc Necromancer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Riad Phoenix-Song - Breton Necromancer - Healer

PC/EU CP810

AD Ariadne Teledine - Altmer Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    EP Máyim - Dunmer Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Spirit Slayer
    DC Surjan - Orc Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Spirit Slayer
    DC Maven Asari - Orc Necromancer - DD
    DC Aliya Voltaris - Orc Sorcerer - DD
    DC Mesríne - Orc Warden - DD
    EP Speaks-In-Riddles - Argonian Dragonknight - Tank
    DC Abelia Cassine - Breton Templar - Healer
    DC Kirin Swiftblade - Khajiit Nightblade - DD

vSO HM · vAA HM · vHRC HM · vMOL HM · vHOF HM · vAS HM · vCR HM · vSS HM· vKA · vDSA · vBRP · vMA · vVH

It's not zerging if we are all solo and just happen to go to the same place independently xD
  • Aluluei
    Aluluei
    ✭✭✭
    I have provided a basic explanation of the settings and features of the editing tools I use most often in the spoiler.

Thank-you so much for this! As someone who learns more easily through reading than watching, this post has helped me with EHT more than all of the videos I've struggled through. Using Orcish gazebos, limestone stairs and limestone curved fences, I just built a tower with a circular staircase winding around it and I feel so proud of myself!

Now if only you could teach your astonishing eye for decorating possibilities that lets you see how a signpost can become a beautiful window!
    IRL: Elizabeth. AD: Aluluei, Eiledh, Yreshi, Zabetheli. DC: Lededje, Pilun, Semley. EP: Ieulula, Tenarha, Tisaarwat, Veralia.
    CP 1300+, playing since beta.
  • Feendish
    Feendish
    ✭✭✭
    A beautiful house very well built. You're always an inspiration. Great work.