Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Invisible Postern Wall Glitch

Agrippa_Invisus
Agrippa_Invisus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
It was only a matter of time until we saw an entire guild take advantage of it.

Last night an entire guild walked into Bleakers through an invisible postern wall (invisible only to them, mind you), set a ram on the front flag and killed every player that ported in since they could just sit on the transit. Once the outpost flagged, they flipped it with little effort.

For those that are unaware, this counts an exploit since it is taking advantage of a glitch / bug in the game. [edit to remove baiting comment]
Edited by ZOS_JesC on June 11, 2018 8:49PM
Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
Once a General, now a Citizen
Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already have screenshots of another guild doing this.
    It is utter BS and they should be called out for it.

They KNOW this is an exploit - there's a damned door in the way.
    Some of these people just genuinely think that they are 'above the law' - its pathetic.
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    inb4 "YOU CAN'T BAN US FOR DISCOVERING BUGS! IT'S ZOS FAULT! THEY PUT IT IN!"
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another interesting thing is that certain groups cram into the side walls of the inner keep main gate where they almost vanish in the wall but still can operate the ram that way. You can avoid all the oils with this.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The desire to troll was high and the temptation to great. Really sad a whole guild did this..
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone that exploits the bug and gets banned because of it shouldn't be yelling about martyrdom or ignorance. It's very obvious its not how a keep is supposed to be taken, and very annoying that its possible to use the bug for gain. Any "justification" used by people who do it is BS and they know it, especially with the already terrible moral compass ESO PvP-ers tend to have. (which isn't saying much about an AvA video game)

It's a really dumb bug that should have been fixed the first time it was reported long before now. It's more upsetting that parroting "bad players" gets more traction among PvP-ers than "bad devolpers" IMO.
    Marek
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if anyone @ ZOS is even aware. Remember back in 3.0 when resource NPCs were bugged and all players were aware -- although we weren't sure if it was intentional -- but Brian Wheeler was not? For weeks....
    Edited by zyk on June 6, 2018 5:22AM
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Another interesting thing is that certain groups cram into the side walls of the inner keep main gate where they almost vanish in the wall but still can operate the ram that way. You can avoid all the oils with this.

Yes you can but there are ways to set up up so they cant. Just have to test more placements.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone @ ZOS is even aware. Remember back in 3.0 when resource NPCs were bugged and all players were aware -- although we weren't sure if it was intentional -- and Brian Wheeler was not? For weeks....

Remember at launch when you could stealth drop 20 mages and they would swarm groups?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it a blue or yellow guild ? I've not pvp'd for over a week . Waiting for performance improvements .
  • wildbear247
    wildbear247
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah this is a weird bug to see in action. I haven't been able to test it myself, but I've seen folks walk into & out of the walls besides the postern doors at Nikel & Bleakers. To me the wall looked whole & complete, but they said they saw the door intact and just the wall broken around it.
    PC NA
    The Ironwood Clan (all DC): Karbal Ironwood (Stamblade, PvP); Galtan Ironwood (Magblade, crafter, PvE, some PvP)

MY #1 ESO REQUEST: An overhauled way in which ZOS gathers, assesses, responds to, and incorporates player feedback on the current and future state of the game.
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea it's an annoying bug and I hope it gets fixed. I ran around the corner to sej and jumped in for a sec then saw the floating door. It's pretty obvious. I jumped back out and helped siege. I get you "can" do it but you "shouldn't". The whole argument someone I'm sure will make is that it's ZOS's fault is pure nonsense. It's a game, you know the rules, especially if you're running in a pvp guild.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for being considerate in keeping this thread active.

I want to make sure folks are aware that this is an active bug in the game and that if they see this they should avoid taking advantage of it. Running away and out of draw distance and back into it appears to be correcting it at least some of the time.

There is a similar bug in that doors that have already been broken open show as still closed, preventing a player from passing through them. If you drop siege and fire it at the door it just fire right through. Again, running away and then back sometimes fixes this if you get out of draw distance, but in a live PVP environment this is often very difficult to do safely.
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bug needs to be fixed. That's the only reason I'm speaking for and being considerate of this OP. If you want to queue the forum echo chamber and vent about a guild do so in a thread dedicated to it to avoid topics actually relevant to game improvements from being closed. Or, just be mature enough to approach people in person/in game before publicly talking trash in conjunction with TOS violations. Layering in immature venting with an actual bug thread and being backed up by someone validating the report via a "good ole boy" guild isn't a great way deal with this bug.
    Marek
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to find a wall of a friendly keep bugged like this. Here's an image of Kingscrest Keep bugged in such a way. Notice the wall is at 86% and the door is floating right there. I can walk right back and forth through it and others cannot.

u0NF0j7.png
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it a blue or yellow guild ? I've not pvp'd for over a week . Waiting for performance improvements .

Ahh, it was nice knowing you.
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh, it was nice knowing you.

lol Joy ! We are never getting those improvements ..
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ran up on Sej last night around 930pm est. The poster was glitched. We went to the FD and took it down. Not sure if it made a difference the end but at least we did it the correct way.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JesC - I know that you usually come here to moderate forums only, but since we cannot get the attention of any other staff member, would you be kind enough to redirect this information to the proper zos employees?

This is a major flaw and needs to be addressed asap.

Thankyou!
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This again ?! I love it when old, game breaking, bugs come back.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Feanor
    Not sure what exactly you're talking about. Is this new? I mean added with this latest addon?

If not, you'll have to clarify this a bit as there were always certain spots where you do not catch that much oil. and that certainly isn't a bug. Are all keeps affected? Only the closest 3 keeps to your base? Only the other keeps?
    If you're talking about the emp keeps + brindle, drakelow and dragonclaw and their inner maingates, there has always been a location where you aren't directly in the line with (most of) the oil (while it is mostly the issue of the ppl using the oil). and it makes sense not to get hurt as something is between you and the oil (a wall...). it would be the same as if you'd say that a siege weapon should make damage through the door as there is a red circle inside. So please be a bit more specific.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @InvitationNotFound

It was Alessia inner MG IIRC, I just found it odd you could still operate the ram although the group stands a few meters away from the door arch and almost totally in the wall.

I don’t recall seeing this before Summerset. But compared to the invisible walls it’s a minor thing. I just was curious, nothing more.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not unusual to stay right around the corner at the inner main gate as oil without a direct line won't hit in general (the oils have to be placed differently). But all players should be easily visible and meteors, negates and everything can be easily thrown at them.

By around the corner i mean on the platform directly at the pillar where the main gate is located. For many oils, there won't be a direct line (no direct hit in that kind of matter) from the oils to the players -> no damage, same as if another wall or door would be in the way, which is the correct behavior.

Yet, i do not understand what you mean by "almost totally in the wall" as what i've described here is pretty much visible if you're looking down from above and every single player can be hit by opponents and better placed siege weapons can hit them as well. So I'm not sure if you're describing the same here as I do. So I'm not sure if you're describing a new bug or an old (legit) mechanic.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @InvitationNotFound

Unfortunately I didn't record it. Basically, the group was stacking and sprinting and jumping into the wall next to the doorway pillar. Some players completely vanished into the wall while others stayed visible with half their character. It was odd. You could target the partially visible players but I think not the ones "in" the wall.

As I have seen it only once it might not be an issue though.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @InvitationNotFound

Unfortunately I didn't record it. Basically, the group was stacking and sprinting and jumping into the wall next to the doorway pillar. Some players completely vanished into the wall while others stayed visible with half their character. It was odd. You could target the partially visible players but I think not the ones "in" the wall.

As I have seen it only once it might not be an issue though.

Ok that sounds like a new bug. I wasn't aware that jumping into the wall was possible.

Edit: At least it wasn't previously possible as far as i know.
    Edited by InvitationNotFound on June 6, 2018 1:18PM

Addons:
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its still being abused, last night ep couldnt take bleaks with the fd down, atleast up until a raid and change zerged through a wall still up while they swarmed the fd. ZoS doesnt care enough to be bothered with game breaking bugs like these atm, i doubt even a single ban will come of exploiters using it
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Please stop completely ignoring major PVP issues like this one. We deserve acknowledgement, at least.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4.0.9. Patch notes don’t mention this at all, so I guess they have faith the issue fixes itself with general performance improvements.