The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.0 (Homestead)

• Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »
    Pretty satisfied with overall changes, looks like a pretty interesting balance patch. Don't know why people are throwing such a fuss. Most of the posters seem to have no clue whatsoever...

Bit sad for the nightblades though, but oh well.

And what class do you main?
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty satisfied with overall changes, looks like a pretty interesting balance patch. Don't know why people are throwing such a fuss. Most of the posters seem to have no clue whatsoever...

Sorc
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff !
  • philrsx
    philrsx
    ✭✭

Sorc

And that is why your opinion about this update is not valid...
    "The Imperials are good for business, and business is good for Skyrim."
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    philrsx wrote: »

Sorc

I believe everyones opinion is valid.
    The patch overall is decent, but there needs to be some buffs in certain places once PTS is up we can get some proper testings.

As for PVP it's safe to say nothing was fixed from just reading this, and an extra ice staff meta added in the tank meta now.
    #MOREORBS
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorc

I think you might need some forum practice.
    PC | EU
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorc

And your fine with the 42% damage nerf to Velocious Curse?
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just started reading the natch pots,
    got as far as
    A Target Skeleton can be used to practice with new weapons, abilities, and combat in general. It does not fight back, but is a resilient opponent, roughly as difficult to put down as the second boss from Veteran Spindleclutch II (Bloodspawn)

i spat my coffee everywhere, as i LOL'd out loud!

i can here the sales pitch already!
    now you can do the bloodspawn test in the comfort of your own home
  • Finisherofwar
    Finisherofwar
    ✭✭
    WHY DID YOU NERF VELICIOUS CURSE ?
  • Midori_Oku
    Midori_Oku
    ✭✭✭
    I thought ZOS said there were going to be changes to make unwanted weapon/armor traits more desirable? Did I hear wrong, or did I just completely overlook them in the patch notes?
    Midori Oku - Female High Elf - Magicka Sorcerer
    Allesse Nightvale - Female Wood Elf - Stamina Dragonknight
    Raelette Velaoche - Female Breton - Magicka Templar
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blazjit420 wrote: »
    DOES THIS PATCH FIX LAG? IF NOT I DONT WANT IT!

If this patch goes live, there will be less lag because there will be less players!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorc

Well, some classes have it worse than others I suppose. I just like to think in possibilities.

Templars have gotten it the worst in my opinion, with the radiant destruction nerf and the stun removal from blazing spear. I personally believe the beam is cancer, so the damage nerf is positive. The stun removal from blazing spear was unnecessary however. Their sustain overall is going to be a lot worse in PVE probably, due to the changes to elemental drain and siphon spirit, with the new Minor magickasteal. Will have to see how that pans out in practice.

DKs got off OK I think, stronger spammable and a weaker banner. Can't say anything about the new dragonblood, will have to see how it functions in practice.

Nightblades got a roleplaying buff and a nerf to sustain on funnel. They could've used a buff to path, but it's not the end of the world. Just a missed opportunity.

Sorcs got their pets buffed which makes pet sorc now the most broken thing in 1v1 duel PVP probably. The atronarch buff of 25% only reinforces that further. The cost reduction of our root is a nice touch for group PVP, in which roots play an important role. The velocious curse change is an interesting one and we will have to see how it turns out. It might be a buff for overall sustained damage in PVE, due to not having to recast it as often. For PVP, you just have to delay your burst combo slightly longer, and you now have the option of backbarring it.

There's an overall single target buff of 8% for every magicka user who uses a flame staff, perfect for PVE and PVP duels, and a 3% damage buff to the destro ult for lightning staff users, which works perfectly for a sorc. Furthermore the new batswarm ult morph seems very interesting for 1v1 PVP and smallscale. The text makes me feel like it's going to be OP, but the text is extremely vague (like what is 'high damage'?) and the mechanics behind it are still unclear. It might be a good global single target burst ult which is accessible to everyone. Then there's scalding rune in mages guild, which might now be a viable option for PVE dps. Will have to see the exact numbers on it.

• Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Major Evasion: Reduced this buff category’s dodge chance bonus to 15% dodge chance from 20% dodge chance.

It was not really necessary, medium armor users are squishy enough in pvp. :/
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm can't decide if I'm happy or not.

Cost Increase to strife is ridiculous

Pets got buffed finally, don't like the curse change though.

Ice staff for tanking? Wtf who has time to charge a fully charged heavy attack to taunt when you can just spam the better taunts

DK got the magicka dragon leap finally, though coagulating blood seems like it will be crap.

• LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Hey Gina, can you give us an estimated Time, when you guys think the PTS will start patching?
    This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »

If this patch goes live, there will be less lag because there will be less players!

I hope so ! Maybe the forum will be quieter too ?
    Nobody's leaving, its all talk.
    If they do leave, they were anyway, just need an excuse.
  • Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    And why there is no change at all about snares who are actually a huge issue ?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff, Nerf, Nuff, Berf.

Khajiit does not know these people although she suspects one of them may have been unfortunately unwell in the Rosy Lion on one occasion. Much too close for the comfort of this one yes.

Why is nobody talking about the chairs? For too long we have sat on the floor when our adventuring aches they became too much.

And the fishing up of the things - more things! So many things. Khajiit likes things. Things they are good yes.

Khajiit would like a little clarification on the exact number of visitors possible in each home though. A party is not a party when it is only Khajiit with the large keg of ale. That is more of an incident yes ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »

If the game is good you won't search for an excuse to leave. And I agree, publicly speaking about leaving is just for attention.
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »

If the game is good you won't search for an excuse to leave. And I agree, publicly speaking about leaving is just for attention.

Priceless. :D:D:D
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff, Nerf, Nuff, Berf.

Khajiit does not know these people although she suspects one of them may have been unfortunately unwell in the Rosy Lion on one occasion. Much too close for the comfort of this one yes.

Why is nobody talking about the chairs? For too long we have sat on the floor when our adventuring aches they became too much.

And the fishing up of the things - more things! So many things. Khajiit likes things. Things they are good yes.

Khajiit would like a little clarification on the exact number of visitors possible in each home though. A party is not a party when it is only Khajiit with the large keg of ale. That is more of an incident yes ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Poor Santie, sitting on the floor :( Did nobody teach you that Summon Chair spell? I've seen it used in many places, most often on the top of some random rock. Very convenient, but it looks out of place quite often, particularly when all the other chairs in the building are a different style.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Racial Style Materials are caped on 15 gold byt the NPC sellers would an increase be possible... not sure how high will the demand will go up but it should
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome news on the housing, but the balance changes = booooo

Also, PvP needs to be separated badly. This is why we can't have nice things....
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pet changes and love the fact curse will go off on dead bodies.

...but the ice staff changes are insane....my dps frost mage is going to be useless in group content if I'm constantly aggroing stuff.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff, Nerf, Nuff, Berf.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I agree, hopefully we will know more with time.

And I really hope in the future there is a housing permission that allows someone to add/remove items from homes. Half the fun of housing (speaking from experience in other games with housing) is being able to decorate a house with someone, and whilst there is a permission that somewhat does that, it would be nice if both could have equal authority.

And yes, finally; we can sit on the chairs and benches.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    while my vampire mDK is Happy
    my LightningSorc isnt sure whether to laugh or cry
    & my iceBlade are very very very sad!
  • Alanar
    Alanar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get that the target skeleton is a convenient bloodspawn test for an individual. I would love to see a very rare version of the skeleton that has at least 10-20x as much health and can be used to let an entire 12 person trials group practice together.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HOMESTEAD
    • Many chairs, thrones, benches, pews, stools, and other seating objects throughout Tamriel are now interactive. You just need to approach the furniture and interact with it to sit down, provided there is room and the furniture is placed in an accessible location.
      objects that aren't placed in a level, open area may not be valid for interaction.

WIN. this is a big win. Yay.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will the lightning staff aoe bonus affect Elemental Blockade and Liquid Lightning? If yes a VMSA lightning staff could be interessting.

With the changes to Elemental Drain, the Curse change isnt so bad I think, could be interessting to know if you can recast after 6s without overwriting the effect.

For PVP dont forget that Force Pulse/Crushing could not reflected anymore....

But with the crit nerfs I think I have to switch from TBS to another set :\
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
  • DrWill
    DrWill
    Will we be able to ask for a mortgage and how we gonna pay? Like:

12 months paying a 10000g and a 5% or something like that. And if not... Eviction.

I want my manor!

BTW we could even share a house with our partner if we are married, right?

A little ideas to enjoy the waiting for the PTS patch. :)