The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.0 (Homestead)

• Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    Odd question- How is it there is more and more things to buy with AP so PvP'ers can make money but PvE'ers had gold BoE items taken from them? How is a 10% drop in overall DPS not a nerf?
    Don't say -"Cash Grab" when it is a "Cash Grab" by ZoS. Apparently "Cash Grab" is not PC.
  • Nevena
    Nevena
    ✭✭
    Why the change to strife? Do you realize there are people that still try to play healers with other classes than templar? Now this becomes even harder. Why not just change Templar to Healer or Cleric and stop pretending that every class should be able to play every role? At least give us some stamina restore ability on restoration staffs. Anything, please.

So, so much these two points.

ZOS, why do you hate non-Templar healers? We try so hard!
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the nerfs and the fix to line of sight, was getting pretty tired of all these things getting exploited over and over, I am sure the exploiters will move onto something else, like the teleporting bats, who knows but thanks for trying maybe this will be a good patch after all :)
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing sounds great can't wait for it but these balance changes for Sorc have me scratching my head mostly good stuff but you guys dropped the ball on mag sorcs again this patch.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • philrsx
    philrsx
    ✭✭
    Nevena wrote: »
    Why the change to strife? Do you realize there are people that still try to play healers with other classes than templar? Now this becomes even harder. Why not just change Templar to Healer or Cleric and stop pretending that every class should be able to play every role? At least give us some stamina restore ability on restoration staffs. Anything, please.

So, so much these two points.

ZOS, why do you hate non-Templar healers? We try so hard!

It would be unfair with the players who have dedicated templar healers to let anyone be a healer. So no point in being a templar. I guess in the way the game is structured , just because you are allowed to heal even if not a templar that doesn't mean you should be healing. Same goes for DK dps, it is not as good and will never be as good as an actual dps specific class. If you are a nightblade and you come to one of my groups as a healer you can count that will be an instant kick...
    "The Imperials are good for business, and business is good for Skyrim."
  • Taternater
    Taternater
    ✭✭✭
    For those of you who are concerned about not having enough gold to buy houses. I use spacing and such that looks good in this chat box but might not translate well to the actual post.

Farm resources - After the update, resource nodes will drop a furniture crafting item I assume just like nirn or dust. Especially
    at first you can probably make bank selling these. Additionally, people may want to power through crafting
    quickly and will want to buy a large quantity of resources quickly to level up a crafting skill because of
    furniture crafting. And raw resources always sell well anyway, especially since legendary materials will be
    used in furniture crafting.

Fish - For 2 reasons. Firstly, furniture items will randomly be caught while fishing. A lot of players hate fishing more than they
    hate spending gold. The second reason is that the aetherial ambrosia recipe will be available if you do lots of master
    writs so more people will need to buy roe. Or I assume that will be the case.

Legerdemain - Furniture plans will be randomly rewarded from containers, from pickpocketing, or looting a dead citizen. I can
    only assume that they will sell very well. Additionally the patch notes say that the frequency of master writs
    dropping from writ boxes increases with traits learned, crafting achievements, and learned motifs. As a result
    lots of people will want to buy the motifs you loot. Also legerdemain itself generates gold. One achievement is
    learning 100 provisioning recipes so you can probably sell the recipes you get.

Quest - Doing a round of daily quests today on one of my characters, I got a motif from the undaunted delve daily, the
    wrothgar delve daily, and the dark brotherhood daily. Just those motifs before factoring in the loot I got doing the
    quests are worth together tens of thousands now. Imagine after the update hits?

Run Dungeons - New motifs and motif materials will drop in dungeons after the update. Assuming they're not bop like the
    gear is, you should be able to sell them for a good amount.

PVP - There will be a regional equipment vendor selling set pieces from item sets from different alliance zones. This way
    PVPers can farm set equipment from alliance zones without all that PVE nonsense.
  • Mazio
    Mazio
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I think the chains major expedition buff is really interesting, but I still think that it's so weird to attach a motility buff to a gap closer. Typically, we want mobility to get away from things and a gap closer to... close the gap to things. Why attach the ability to escape to an ability to get close?

The change to coagulating blood is profoundly odd. Now we've made our healing independent of the urgency of the heal? Just for example, if I were to have a 40k magicka pool and I were down to my last cast of coagulating blood I'd only have an approximiately (doing some pretty round numbers off the cuff) 6k heal (but now it can crit). That doesn't strike me as overwhelming. It just means that coagulating blood is only useful in a situation where you are both incredibly low on resources - about to die due to low magicka. Often when you're desperate for a burst heal you want to be in a recoverable position, but this means that in order to burst heal you've got to have nothing left in the tank with which you can follow up.
    Well, you see the major expedition was increased from 2 seconds to 8, making it extremely useful on a gap closer.

Basically, i think the intended use is that you can now gap close to your intended victim, give them a couple of whips with the new super buffed mega lethal 5% extra dangerous whip, pull their pants down and use the remaining few seconds of major expedition to get kinda moderately but not really that far away from your now very angry and exposed victim.

Then, using your shiny new ice staff you will block all incoming damage from the angry attacker that is now chasing you, depleting all your magicka ready for that burst heal from coagulating blood that you obviously don't need anyway because you have your new magic tanking stick of doom. But in the event they break your shield twig you can pop your awesome new burst heal. Now one of two things will happen. You will die because you used all your magicka pool for one heal, or a Templar who has realised that after the nerf to Jesus Beam their class is now entirely broken and has now devoted their life to helping others will Magickalsteal an entire zerg for you and give you resources.

Unless your victim was a Mag Nightblade, in which case they probably give 38% less of a **** about what you did to them and poof into the shadows, never to be seen or heard from again.

*this post was written with much alcohol, and even more sarcasm
    Update 35- No Fun Allowed
  • Nevena
    Nevena
    ✭✭
    jknight201 wrote: »
    So it looks like in Zos-speak that "balance" really means nerfing most classes and abilities to cater to the PVP crowd, but doing it in a way that does not help PVP and only hurts PVE. Does Zos even realize how badly unbalanced the classes are? Obviously not based on these changes.

After reading through all the comments, this is exactly what it looks like: randomly harm PVE to not really fix what's broken in PVP.

Is this a plan to make people so frustrated with PVE that they'll take out those frustrations in PVP, and figure that boosts PVP participation thus "adds to PVP"? Because while that may be a nefarious plan, I don't think it's evil genius enough to work...
  • Nevena
    Nevena
    ✭✭
    philrsx wrote: »
    It would be unfair with the players who have dedicated templar healers to let anyone be a healer. So no point in being a templar. I guess in the way the game is structured , just because you are allowed to heal even if not a templar that doesn't mean you should be healing. Same goes for DK dps, it is not as good and will never be as good as an actual dps specific class. If you are a nightblade and you come to one of my groups as a healer you can count that will be an instant kick...

Fortunately for all (un)concerned, I won't come to one of your groups...

That aside: The major charm of ES games has been flexibility and being able to make workable builds that don't fall into the same boring old cookie-cutters. Elder Scrolls Online is supposed to present a game where there are many ways to accomplish a goal, rather than just "Fighter Mage Cleric Thief" that you have in basically every vanilla MMO. Sometimes they do that. With these notes, they undo that.
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHERE IS THE TREMORSCALE NERF? And adding a global cooldown to all procsets would've fixed the game better than any of your "wonderful" ideas.
    Good job zos, way to incite people to either go pet sorc, or stamina heavy armor ***. And now that you can go reactive + black rose, yeah *sarcastically claps while reading the patch notes with frustration*

If you were really aiming to "fix" pvp, you should've nerfed the damage passive from heavy armor, made a global cooldown on all procs without touching the crit, nerfed tremorscale and its snare, and nerfed destro ulti. That's all that was needed.
    But nope, you go around nerfing magplars, magblades and magsorcs in PVP, ruining any magicka build's sustain in PVE, and the overall PVE damage, while stamina remains buffed af for PVP, which was the thing that turned forums into a QQfest since last April.

But hey, we've got "frost staff" tanks. Good game zos, and to say that I really liked playing an ice mage. Now instead of snaring my enemies, which is useful in PVP, i'll taunt them. Really, I have no words (well I do, but they'll get me banned) to express how bewildering your thought process is. How could you miss all hundreds of threads about the sheer insanity that the stacking of procs + heavy armor on stam builds was in PVP, as well as destro ulti, and decided "mhh, lets nerf magicka. Oh and crits, because screw PVE".
    You can't even justify it with the fact that devs play stamina builds and don't want to get nerfed, because they don't seem to be playing the damn game. And when they do, it's on some hybrid weird stuff that would never work unless they're battle-leveled questing.
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if i should be happy or sad that they didn't changed green dragon blood when i look at the balance changes from this patch and basicly all the past ones.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Relentless Focus (Grim Focus morph):
    The initial cast of this morph now costs Stamina instead of Magicka.
    Why do they always insist on ruining my sneak sustain patch after patch....

Manifestation of Terror (Aspect of Terror morph):
    The traps summoned by this morph are no longer visible to enemy player characters.
    The traps summoned by this morph can now fear up to 2 enemies each, up from 1 enemy each.
    Great change. Makes me wanna use this again. One problem, your opponent can run through both runes with cc immunity and they activate and disappear. Please make it so cc-immune targets are not effected. Possibly bump up the targets to 3 or 4 players to compensate for having no debuffs compared to Mass Hysteria.

Shadow Cloak: Fixed an issue where the invisibility from this ability and its morphs was being broken by certain abilities, such as Teleport Strike, Dark Flare, and Weapon Enchantments.
    Fixed teleport strike!... i really hope this is true. This sounds amazing.

Reduced the amount of time required to exit combat with another player character to 6 seconds without performing any hostile actions from 30 seconds.
    Amazing. Cloak fix and now this.... you spoil me zos.

Vampire - Clouding Swarm (Bat Swarm morph): This morph no longer causes your character to pulse invisibility every second it is active. Instead, activating the swarm now allows you use the ability again to instantly teleport to an enemy up to 22 meters away and deal high damage. This teleport can be used as many times as possible within the swarm’s duration.
    This is interesting. The duration is unchanged and basically you can spam your ultimate to jump around as if you were Ambush spamming. I wonder whats the damage for doing so. Kind of ruins the whole nb veiled strike synergy but o well.

The Lady - Unchained: This ability now reduces the cost of a single Stamina ability by 80% for 5 seconds instead of reducing the cost of all Stamina abilities used within 3 seconds by 80%.
    Probably the biggest blow to heavy stamina users but i embrace this so much. Finally no more of this: "cc'd, casts shuffle, vigor, rally in under 3 seconds". This destroys stamina sustain and makes players spamming heals to be careful. Finally CC'ing stamina users to drain stamina is a viable option.

Adjusted the Area of Effect damage thresholds for all abilities. The new thresholds are as follows:
    Targets 1 – 6: 100% damage taken with all secondary effects applied.
    Targets 7 – 24: 75% damage taken with no secondary effects applied (formerly 50% damage taken).
    Targets 25 – 60: 50% damage taken with no secondary effects applied (formerly 25% damage taken).
    Awesome change but im a little worried (explained why below).

Elemental Storm:
    Reduced the damage for this ability and its morphs by 5%.
    Why isn't this much more? You can't leave This ability like it is in game right now for another full patch rotation. Why havent you guys reverted to the old pts damage model when it was released? Its powerful because its unblockable/uninteruptable. Why does it have to deal faceroll amounts of damage as well? This ultimate with the new AoE cap change is going to be very annoying to say the least. I guess im never going to go near other players in pvp again.

Overall im impressed and disappointing at the same time. Not enough balance changes on issues that are all over the forums. You guys hit the mark in some areas like ive stated above but there are still pretty big things that are not addressed. We got no changes to the Armour skill-lines which is crazy. Not the desired fix in my opinion for proc sets, all this did was hurt crit builds pve/pvp, id rather have individual sets balanced out damage wise. Frost Staff change is interesting, basically every stam build should use one back-bar so you can hold block and heal while generating stamina (ironic that frost destro ult makes steel tornado better as well..... stam sorc meta confirmed?).

I really hope we get multiple changes throughout the course of pts testing.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on January 4, 2017 3:49AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for these patch notes Gina!

I appreciate how the PvPers complained and you did your very best to help fix it!

By nerfing PvE to the ground.

I think it's time to hire a new game balancer.

I'm against your opinion that the game need a new game balancer, @Wrobel is actually doing a pretty decent job and most of the time we end up keeping his version of the story, which mean it might fit.

The real issue is how much casual the game has become, it seems like they are stress out of their mind to increase the level or to actually bring Something new to the game. They have created so many worthless set, so many impossible drop rate that now, nooone feels like going back and grinding everything from scratch... but yet we should have. The game have left thing the way they were at Orsinium.

And from now on, it seems that every increase of CP brings out an equal nerf to compensate for the fact that noone at Zos would believe increasing max level would do this game any good... There are option however, create a new difficulty mode to create possibility for player to get new gear, build upon that system new class ability, new morphs, limit them to pve, create class specific sets, innovate Inside the game by using what's already working elsewhere :smile:

But we cannot blame the Game Balancer, who'd been running around the same compass for 3 or 4 years now without any significant possibility to bring new things.

*** Note ***
    On a spell-levelbase progression, it's easier to change things. Here, if someone were to loose minor armor buff they could believe they can no longer tank...

• Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing sounds like it will be great.

These class and combat changes have me lost for words. Some things i like, others are absolutely random. Seriously, wtf is going on at Zos?

Zos makes statements when they feel like, but they dont communicate with us. Thats the obvious issue here.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • WarLord2905
    WarLord2905
    ✭✭✭
    Nevena wrote: »
    philrsx wrote: »

Fortunately for all (un)concerned, I won't come to one of your groups...

That aside: The major charm of ES games has been flexibility and being able to make workable builds that don't fall into the same boring old cookie-cutters. Elder Scrolls Online is supposed to present a game where there are many ways to accomplish a goal, rather than just "Fighter Mage Cleric Thief" that you have in basically every vanilla MMO. Sometimes they do that. With these notes, they undo that.

I have to agree with Philrsx on this one. I don't disagree that you can play as you want and try play classes as a different roles and they can work...... to a certain level. But try and do end game content such as vet 2 dungeons, trials and arenas on any class that isn't designed for a certain role and you are really wasting everybody's time, and in most cases anyone who is co-ordinating those groups wont even take you on.

I have tried many times to take the benefit of a doubt when a tank turns up with no shield or a sorc/pet healer turns up and in 99% of cases I spend and hour in a 20 min dungeon/don't complete it or have to change up my build to support other group members.

If your not interested in end game content, by all means play as you like.
    NA Server XBOX 1
    BAWS Order Of Wolves
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

If your not interested in end game content, by all means play as you like.

If you play solo, play as you like ! I personnally dislike the fact that templar has always been the only ressource managing group-friendly class, and what's worst now they will have to choose inbetween helping magika or stamina...

If you want to play as you like with any class we need more tree that can apply to every class !
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmmmm....evasion down to 15%, whatever I guess.

Relentless Focus costs stamina now....Not sure why, was someone actually complaining? Okay, fine.

some unneeded buffs I see, but okay.

Rearming trap damage reduction and reduction in minor and major force? Seriously? No, no, and no.

Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Keiryan
    Keiryan
    ✭✭✭
    Iron Skin: Reduced the amount of additional damage you can block from Rank I of this passive to 4% from 5%.
    Note that due to how percentages are calculated, the total damage blocked with this rank remains unchanged.

What?

So first of all, you're changing something.. but it isn't going to actually change.

And the more critical point, are you admitting that your coding is so flawed that your system can't calculate the difference between 4 and 5%?
    Edited by Keiryan on January 4, 2017 4:33AM
    Keiryan / Yuluka / Keir Jong-Un
    Glorious Leader of North DC and The K-Hole
  • Valethar
    Valethar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    @Abeille but they made no changes to the general inferiority of crafted sets compared to drop sets.

But.. But.. NPCs will now hold the broom properly while sweeping!
    Resistance is not futile! Say no to the Greed Collective™. Boycott Crown Crates.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played around with my build a bit. Really wish Blazing Spear was keeping its stun or at least have it replaced with a root. The extra time is pointless when everyone just moves right out of it in the first second.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol so out of touch with these changes.
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, didn't see nerf to curse coming.
    I'm not sure if I missed it or not but, can you apply a new curse after the main explosion without clearing the echo?
    If so the change would be ok as you would effectively get a double explosion every 12 seconds.
    Otherwise it's almost a 50% damage reduction. Will need to check the pts I guess.

Otherwise, housing looks good.
  • WarLord2905
    WarLord2905
    ✭✭✭
    LordGavus wrote: »
    Well, didn't see nerf to curse coming.
    I'm not sure if I missed it or not but, can you apply a new curse after the main explosion without clearing the echo?
    If so the change would be ok as you would effectively get a double explosion every 12 seconds.
    Otherwise it's almost a 50% damage reduction. Will need to check the pts I guess.

Otherwise, housing looks good.

Also wouldn't mind finding out of this can be cleanse/purged. If it can its a complete waste of time.
    NA Server XBOX 1
    BAWS Order Of Wolves
  • Triipzzz
    Triipzzz
    ✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    Just rollplaying buffs for mana nightblades... gg zos

you dont love this class :-* buff your mana dks more gg

Magicka NB has been nerfed since they screwed with proxy by reducing its damage and fixing the dot situation at the time, effectively reducing its damage by something like 40%. Not sure how they didn't realize. Its very difficult to even bomb on it and if you want to play Destro and weave with funnel health. Boom! just like that your weak range ability just got more expensive. Guess you should make a sorc and use frags instead.
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who reads the Coagulating Blood change as a change to make the skill restore magicka instead of health, but it's just worded badly?

Getting a heal related to the amount of magicka you have missing is a pretty weird way to do things.

Getting back 33% of your missing magicka would be a sustain skill. And a much needed one, now that they decided to clamp down on raids essentially having infinite magicka. Which is probably why they increased the cost of strife to be roughly equal to Force Pulse

• Triipzzz
    Triipzzz
    ✭✭✭
    Wow seriously. Did I miss something or is there no mention of proc sets or heavy armor nerfs? Sometimes I wonder if they even play cyrodiil? If they did they would know people complain 24/7 about aids and cancer builds with 3 proc sets wearing heavy armor that can tank a zerg, sustain crazy resources and put out a light or medium armor burst damage build with not care in the world because the procs go off base damage and crazy 50% or guaranteed procs.

The only ever fun I found was 1vX but try that now and you'll get *** mixed unless your in heavy and reactive :)
  • knight776
    knight776
    ✭✭✭
    List of Homes
    • Staple Homes
      • Inns
        • Mara's Kiss Public House: As the least restricted seaport in the Summerset Isles, Vulkhel Guard has visitors from across Tamriel—and you're likely to meet most of them hoisting a mug at the Mara's Kiss Pub.
        • The Ebony Flask Inn Room: The Dark Elves may not worship Dibella, but down at the cornerclubs they show that they still know how to have a good time—in their own special way.
        • The Rosy Lion: This inn has always had the reputation of being the safest place in Daggerfall for common citizens in search of illicit services to meet their shadier counterparts.
      • Apartments
        • Barbed Hook Private Room, 11,000 gold: Like every busy port, Skywatch has a seamy underside. A private room at the Barbed Hook offers easy access to the criminal classes—and a quick escape from the nearby docks.
        • Flaming Nix Deluxe Garret, 13,000 gold: Even if you don't personally have a taste for the famous fire-pit dancing at the Flaming Nix, you have to admit it adds a certain cachet to having a room there. Not to mention an unusual fragrance.
        • Sisters of the Sands Apartment, 12,000 gold: In Sentinel, the best way to hide out in plain sight is with a private room in the Sisters of the Sands, the town's largest inn. It also has the best food in the city, and is the place King Fahara'jad sends to for take-out.
      • Small Homes
        • Autumn's-Gate, 60,000 gold: In the heart of The Rift, just outside the lively, small town of Nimalten, you will find this sturdy wooden home, with a large hearth to keep you warm in the Skyrim winter, and a stone wall to keep out the trolls.
        • Black Vine Villa, 54,000 gold: Would you want to live in an old stone house just across a dark jungle stream from a haunted Ayleid ruin? Silly question—who wouldn't?
        • Captain Margaux's Place, 56,000 gold: The famous Breton merchant-explorer Captain Margaux hasn't been seen since her ship the Golden Spriggan sailed off over the horizon into the Sea of Pearls—which makes her house near the docks in Daggerfall available for you!
        • Cyrodilic Jungle House, 71,000 gold: An Imperial, of course, is at home anywhere in Tamriel. This compact house at the Baandari Trading Post in Malabal Tor is a bit of Cyrodiil in Valenwood, and just steps away from the fine food and drink at the Silver Moons Inn.
        • Hammerdeck End, 65,000 gold: The house may be small, but the surrounding deck is spacious, convenient for outdoor dining, as well as the Orcish recreations of deer-fishing and taking archery potshots at passing assassin beetles.
        • Humblemud, 40,000 gold: A mud house is a constant reminder of the impermanence of life, and that we are but standing waves in the river of existence. But one still wishes it to look nice and comfortable, and decorates accordingly. Of course.
        • Kragenhome, 69,000 gold: This residence might not be in Kragenmoor's best neighborhood, but if you're looking for classic Dunmeri architecture at an affordable price, this town house certainly fits the bill.
        • Moonmirth House, 50,000 gold: A small elevated house on an idyllic plantation in the mild and hospitable clime of Khenarthi's Roost? This one would find that sweet paradise!
        • Snugpod, 45,000 gold: A perfect graht-oak pod home, grown by a Home Singer from the very roots of Elden Root—compact, comfortable, and convenient to everything. Praise Z'en!
        • Twin Arches, 73,000 gold: It may be small but it's solid, and it keeps the sandstorms out. The scenery is magnificent, but if you're in the mood for civilization, it's right outside the south gate of Hallin's Stand.
    • Classic Homes
      • Medium Homes
        • Bouldertree Refuge, 190,000 gold: When civilization grows too confining, it's a relief to be able to withdraw into a handsome home in the wilds—especially one with an imposing wall around it, to keep out beasts and bandits.
        • Cliffshade, 255,000 gold: Just outside the Aldmeri settlement of Marbruk, the forest is wide and open, the climate is mild, the setting idyllic: the elegant home of Cliffshade seems an abode blessed by the gods.
        • Domus Phrasticus, 295,000 gold: No one has seen Phrastus the Scholar since his ill-advised return to the Imperial City. He's probably fine—he must be!—but in the meantime, his walled town house in Elinhir is available on an indefinite basis.
        • Grymharth's Woe, 280,000 gold: Fine urban living in Windhelm is now available at this commodious town home, which features a lofty main floor, two fireplaces, and a second-floor balcony. Alas, that balcony lacks a railing, which is how Grymharth, after too much mead, came to woe.
        • House of the Silent Magnifico, 320,000 gold: After the death of his beloved daughter Haruzeh at the Running of the Dunerippers, the Magnifico Z'za retired to his house in Sentinel and never spoke again, spending his last days playing endless games of hammergammon with his trained monkey, Lizard.
        • Mournoth Keep, 325,000 gold: This fortified household is strong, intimidating, and remote—in short, everything an Orc holds dear. And if you get tired of the "remote" part, there's a convenient wayshrine just outside your gate!
        • Ravenhurst, 260,000 gold: Two floors, no waiting, in this handsome walled town house makes for prime real estate in the quaint Rivenspire town of Fell's Run. The local story that the ravens that loiter around the front steps are the revenant spirits of former owners is absurd.
        • Sleek Creek House, 335,000 gold: All your friends are already nearby in Rawl'kha, yes? Invite them over to have a party at your so-sleek riverside house, with its private garden and over-creek deck. Much sweetness!
        • The Ample Domicile, 195,000 gold: “This house is a good house, plenty of room for guar! Palisade is strong to keep guar from straying, and many guar can feed in the garden! Very good, yes! Esqoo will come to visit often!" —Esqoo of Dhalmora
        • Velothi Reverie, 323,000 gold: This charming abode was named after both the Prophet Veloth who founded the surrounding town of Narsis, and the Velothi Mountains that rise above the walled garden at its rear.
      • Large Homes
        • Dawnshadow, 1,275,000 gold: Ah, such a sweet estate, with every appurtenance—out in the country, yet convenient to the nearby Khajiiti metropolis of Dune! What can one do but love and admire it?
        • Forsaken Stronghold, 1,285,000 gold: When Hakkvild drove the Orcs of Yashnag's Kingdom out of Falkreath in 2E 467, the exiled Orsimer came east to establish Forsaken Stronghold. But the last Orcs died in 563 after they were visited by a merchant infected with Knahaten Flu.
        • Gardner House, 1,015,000 gold: The Gardners were the royal family of Wayrest before every single one of them was carried off by the Knahaten Flu. Which is why the spacious and well-situated Gardner House feels like it's fit for a king!
        • Hunding's Palatial Hall, 1,295,000 gold: This elegant pleasure palace, with its walled grounds enclosing stables, well, gardens, pool, watchtower, and docks, were paid for by the blood and treasure spilled from the countless treasure ships taken by the legendary Captain Izad.
        • Mathiisen Manor, 1,025,000 gold: This elegant walled estate is truly the apogee of Aldmeri architecture, including a grand entrance hall, curving double staircases, and a blossom-tree garden with circular reflecting pool.
        • Old Mistveil Manor, 1,020,000 gold: By tradition, the biggest mansion on the south side of Riften is always called Mistveil Manor. Since the death of old Thane Snelgar, the current Mistveil Estate has come available, including its impressive stone mansion with attached stable.
        • Quondam Indorilia, 1,265,000 gold: This capacious Dunmeri mansion, with its walled garden and view across a waterfall to majestic Mournhold, was originally built to house a noble family of House Indoril.
        • Stay-Moist Mansion, 760,000 gold: How does this spacious and comely hilltop manor, so far above the fen, nonetheless stay so delightfully damp? It is a paradox, like life itself. (Don't miss the upper-story lodging with separate entrance!)
        • Strident Springs Demesne, 1,280,000 gold: This fortified manor between Arenthia and Skingrad at the headwaters of the Strid River should satisfy all those who aspire to the life of the landed gentry. Inside the gatehouse you'll find gardens, a waterfall, and a mansion in Second Empire style.
        • The Gorinir Estate, 780,000 gold: The Gorinir family, a cadet branch of the royal Camoran line, has fallen on hard times and had to sell their palatial Cormount home. The seasons turn, luck changes, and their loss is your gain.
    • Notable Homes
      • Manors
        • Daggerfall Overlook, 3,780,000 gold: Before Daggerfall Castle was built, the kingdom's rulers lived in this imposing manor, now known as Daggerfall Overlook. The keep comes complete with a lower dungeon level.
        • Ebonheart Chateau, 3,785,000 gold: A magnificent castle keep, complete with walls, watchtowers, well, fountain, and stable, all dramatically sited on the slopes of an active volcano! It just needs a murder, and then it will be haunted as well.
        • Serenity Falls Estate, 3,775,000 gold: Set in a quiet corner of Reaper's March, the rural manor of Serenity Falls deserves its name, with plenty of room for servants and livestock, all behind a handsome wall to keep out the bandits and burglars.

@ZOS_GinaBruno - If you, Oblivion forbid, ever lose your current job, you can always fall back on writing real estate ads. I usually have a lot of fun reading patch notes, but these were extremely entertaining. :lol:
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caff32 wrote: »
    Well, RIP my frostblade. Unless you are a tank, Frost staves are unusable in PvE. What a horrible change. Just horrible.

I just respecced into a CC Frostblade build. Pissed. Wasted money and time. Good thing I didn't Gold the weapons or armor yet.

Problems I see in PVP.
    1) Frost Stave wielding Stam users will now be running Tremorscale and Taunt/Proccing in PVP from 28 meters. Ranged Burst dmg w AOE snare. :* (will cost nothing vs the Ranged Undaunted Taunt)

2) Templar spamming the Total Dark reflect sphere on unlimited magica enemies? Really. This may force more into the Destro Ult as single target spells will be damn near useless. Curse may get removed from bars outright. We'll see.
    Edited by Cronopoly on January 4, 2017 5:57AM
  • Malorey45738
    Malorey45738
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the re-ordering of abilities in the skill lines like Bound Armour and Poison Arrow. I had already morphed them and got them to tier IV, but now they've been moved to the end of the skill line and I haven't got that far yet! :(
  • Kharnis
    Kharnis
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    ZOS_GinaBruno I wanted the home in Stros M'kai that is on it's own island. Is it not available? Is that the one that will be released in the Crown store later? If so when do you expect it to be released? Please respond, as that is the home I want. Thanks so much Gina!
    @Lady_Rosabella I think that's Hunding's Palatial Hall:

Hunding's Palatial Hall, 1,295,000 gold: This elegant pleasure palace, with its walled grounds enclosing stables, well, gardens, pool, watchtower, and docks, were paid for by the blood and treasure spilled from the countless treasure ships taken by the legendary Captain Izad.

Kharnis wrote: »
    "In addition to furnishing items, you can also place assistants, mounts, non-combat pets, and a new category of furnishing collectibles called Trophies that includes Undaunted Busts."

So, seeing as the items we very selflessly have relieved the citizens of Tamriel of the burden of carrying (since they need to run quickly in the event of daedric invasion, or bandit attack, or random duels) are also called trophies, am I correct in coming to the conclusion that these items can now be placed within our homes?
    @Kharnis That would be great, but I doubt it. Their text there suggests these "Trophies" are something new, and I'm sure they would have mentioned it if it included stolen items (since they went to great pains to mention that other things are included).

Yeah, I doubt it, too. Especially after I went into the game and discovered that the stolen items say "Treasure," not "Trophy." Ahem.
    "Technology today is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof devices, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

- Rich Cook