The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.0 (Homestead)

• Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Abeille but they made no changes to the general inferiority of crafted sets compared to drop sets.
  • Getsome122
    Getsome122
    ✭✭
    TRoclodyte wrote: »
    HOMESTEAD
    Homestead Basics
    Except for the entry-level apartment, which is free after completing a short quest, all of the initially-available homes can be purchased with in-game gold or crowns.
    • You may own one of every home, all the way up to all 39 available at launch!
    • Homes are shared across all characters on your account.
    • Homes are split into several tiers, by size:
      • Apartments: 3 total, 1 for each alliance
      • Small Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
      • Medium Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
      • Large Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
      • Manors: 3 total, 1 for each alliance

Where are the 3 missing ones?

Yeah I specifically remember a Craglorn Cave in the preview video and it's not on the list.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    @Abeille but they made no changes to the general inferiority of crafted sets compared to drop sets.

Yeah, but it isn't really for me. One of the reasons why I stopped crafting for people was because I had clients sending me to IC all by myself to craft Armor Master for them and that was too stressful to me. If I just have to go home to do that, I might start crafting for people again.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like what they've done to restoring aura. My blazpler tank will be well pleased, but now that jezus beam is dead Im gonna convert my magpler into a healer/tank. Oh well.... was thinking of doing that anyway :) happily surprised with the prices of homes. Would still like to see storage before Id consider using real money to buy one.
    Edited by Jimbullbee85 on January 4, 2017 1:49AM
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caff32 wrote: »
    Well, RIP my frostblade. Unless you are a tank, Frost staves are unusable in PvE. What a horrible change. Just horrible.

While I won't advocate that the taunt on heavy is needed, I guess you could either stick to light attack weaving with the frost staff while using a different one for heavies, or just not put points in that passive.

I wonder what a better option would be, maybe a self heal? There's already a ranged magicka taunt in game.

Edited by Domander on January 4, 2017 1:58AM
  • davidmcjamesrwb17_ESO
    davidmcjamesrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    My only question is whether you can sell a house back? Most people upgrade houses when they can by getting some funds from selling their smaller properties before buying the newer/bigger one. Will that be possible or once you buy a house are you stuck with it?
  • Rubixy
    Rubixy
    ✭✭✭
    "Coagulating Blood (Dragon Blood morph): This morph now heals you for 33% of your missing Magicka instead of 33% of your missing Health.:

So before I say anything, please help us on this one and actually help us Dks.

Sure, in very certain circumstances this is okay, but lets say i am riding along and get ganked down to 10 percent health, are you saying that the 9 health heal I am going to receive is gonna suffice?

ZOS I love this game, and I love DK and refuse to give it up. But why ask us for our advice and still do something completely unrelated to our suggestions. Having it crit is a start. But either make it so it doesn't get applied by battle spirit or make it so its 33 of max health while still being halfed by battle spirit.

Please, this was suppose to be the balance patch. What is this?
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it mentions that achievements are needed to craft certain items. do you just have to have the acheivments unlocked on your account or is it character specific???
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »
    Well, RIP my frostblade. Unless you are a tank, Frost staves are unusable in PvE. What a horrible change. Just horrible.

While I won't advocate that the taunt on heavy is needed, I guess you could either stick to light attack weaving with the frost staff while using a different one for heavies, or just not put points in that passive.

I wonder what a better option would be, maybe a self heal? There's already a ranged magicka taunt in game.

Just take away the taunt. Why make a weapon useful for only one nitche role? No other weapon is like that.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm where is the ballance part of this update ?
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »

Just take away the taunt. Why make a weapon useful for only one nitche role? No other weapon is like that.

Yeah that could work, the passive is already changing something with the frost staff
    Edited by Domander on January 4, 2017 2:07AM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can't really call this a balance patch without something done to incap. Period.
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man, if this is "The Balance Patch" i'm really going to be nervous about the future of this game.
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    philrsx wrote: »
    philrsx wrote: »
    shadoza wrote: »
    No stam nightblade nerf guess still be wearing heavy then

Why do you want a stamina based nightblade nerffed? I can barely beat some of the PvE bosses with what I have.
    Are you *** serious?? How many people actually have 4m gold

Not me. I felt I was in a good place with a little over 200K. I will not live so long as to get the high end homes as it has taken a couple years to get the 200k.

I have 1 million on my bank account. Get a trading guild and everything is solved

No it is not solved, you have to spend countless hours farming for motifs or sets or rare drops or even fishing to have stuff worth selling and then waiting for someone willing to buy your stuff. I have 1.1m gold in bank and it took me over 1 year to get it. The thing is ZO$ wants you to buy crowns and that is it. They don't care if you can't afford it or if you need to have a real life.

Or guess what, you actually play the game...

Like what doing quests? :D Good luck getting gold from that to be able to afford the large houses...

Well, I am doing about 800k - 1 mln/month from just playing the game (strictly PvE). Yes, I am in the trade guilds to sell smart what I am getting, but I never ever farm. And no, I don't spend all my time in the game, I think roughly 15 hours/week, sometimes a bit more.
  • Yo_Donno
    Yo_Donno
    ✭✭✭
    Does ZoS realize that it is possible to separate changes in PVE and PVP? In fact, there is an entire passive just dedicated to changing the effectiveness of abilities between the two (the words "Battle" and "Spirit" ring a bell to anyone up there?)

In making changes to cater to the requests of the PVPers, PVE has been utterly murdered. Proc sets no longer crit, which almost removes their utility for trials (Stam builds especially, given that most meta builds accommodate high crit at the expense of abilities having a lower base damage) while leaving it the same in PVP, because everyone is wearing impen gear with champion points into the one that increases critical resistance anyway. The procs critting was NOT the problem.

I want also to ask what on earth possessed you to create the magickasteal buff and weasel it in there in abilities that used to be good. How can you market it as "removing the flat magic rebate" when you're replacing it with ANOTHER flat magic rebate that no longer stacks. I can't tell whether minor magickasteal affects multiple allies either, so if someone knows it might alleviate some of my concern for vet trials.

And about the minor and major force nerfs... Why? Just.. Why?
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Finn How does minor magicka steal work? It wasn't really explained
    Created a new debuff category, Minor Magickasteal. This is a debuff applied to enemies that restores a flat value of Magicka to the attacker every second (400 Magicka every second at CP160).
    Radiant Aura (Restoring Aura morph): This morph now increases the radius of the Minor Magickasteal to 25/26/27/28 meters.
    Restoring Aura: Redesigned this ability and the Radiant Aura morph so they continue to grant the Minor Recovery buffs (Fortitude, Endurance, and Intellect) while slotted. Activating this ability also now applies Minor Magickalsteal to all enemies in a 12 meter radius around you.

Is there an ICD on this ability or is it per target? Can they stack up? Because if they can't doesn't that make radiant aura sorta useless? Just curious on this one thanks :)
    #MOREORBS
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why everyone crying about nerfing for magicka builds without taking into acoount magicka steal debuff? As for me, it is huge buff to all magicka users.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soella wrote: »
    Why everyone crying about nerfing for magicka builds without taking into acoount magicka steal debuff? As for me, it is huge buff to all magicka users.
    Because it's weaker than elemental drain.
    But if you can apply it to multiple targets and get the return its quite good
    #MOREORBS
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    Really? After all the feedback on not one but two sorc threads you created and this is what we get? Sorc tanks get a slight buff, worthless summons become slightly less worthless (especially for us console players who still can't micro manage pets), and you reduce our burst with the curse nerf… on top of that the final hit reduction on hurricane seems a bit much.

Then there's the fact that chains are still going to be worthless in pvp and dragon blood is even more broken than it was. At least there's the lava whip buff for pvp and we got something there.
    RIP Ellania Delome
    June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
    A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
    Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

What about long single target boss fights, like trial bosses? I know some have a few adds like the mage has her adds and the warrior has a few adds. Rakkat has a hulk. Seems like the less adds in a fight the worse the sustain is going to be
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clarkieson wrote: »

What about long single target boss fights, like trial bosses? I know some have a few adds like the mage has her adds and the warrior has a few adds. Rakkat has a hulk. Seems like the less adds in a fight the worse the sustain is going to be
    ESO is all about cleave.
    Theres very few single target boss fights
    #MOREORBS
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually not scared shitless from this! Coagulating Blood is either going to be horribly terrible or very very good. Goodbye to heals if you get ganked i guess :D

Not sure it makes sense to me... so my stam character that can only cast DB like once if he has full magicka will now get no heal from it if he casts it?

Was thinking maybe they meant heals for 33% of your magicka instead of missing magicka - using an ability that costs that resource based on what you don't have of that resource is odd.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭

ESO is all about cleave.

So i have been playing magic sorc all wrong then, i though you used magic and a staff? How was I supposed to know, it seem plausible to me that a magic sorc would use magic and a staff. No wonder i struggle to pull 50k dps! Who knew?

I thought you were talking about cleave as in the 2h skill lol
    Edited by Clarkieson on January 4, 2017 2:38AM
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0c4VdSS.gif

Wrobel strikes again! It's so sad, it's funny.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO is all about cleave.

So i have been playing magic sorc all wrong then, i though you used magic and a staff? How was I supposed to know, it seem plausible to me that a magic sorc would use magic and a staff. No wonder i struggle to pull 50k dps! Who knew?
    police-reaction-face.jpg
    #MOREORBS
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    No Elemental Drain and Siphon Spirit at the same time anymore :(, not sure if 400 Magicka/sec is weaker or stronger than the old Elemental Drain? But I think Magicka problems are coming.... :o
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few good things in the notes, but just a few. Looking forward to checking out housing at least.

A lot of the changes are horrible however.

Proc sets will still be an issue in pvp.
    I don't understand how Dragonsblood will work (you have to have missing magicka to get a heal from it? Or am I reading it wrong)
    God I hope a magicka character using a frost staff in a dungeon run doesn't need to heavy attack the boss for resources unless they want to take over taunting for me and give my tank a break.
    More rearranging order of abilities, forcing players to relevel certain skills if they pay to remorph.

I could go on, but it won't matter.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well i might make the decision to go and farm for a load more upgrade mats like tempering alloys and dreugh wax for this update, again.

No point in carrying on with my current builds, again.

How awfully frustrating and annoying

Battlefield anyone?
  • Chantclaire
    Chantclaire
    ✭✭✭
    Very disappointed in the Magplar nerfs and the lack of buffs for stamplar. The rearming trap changes hurts the stamplar even more which makes them almost useless in PvE. Now with engine guardians disappearing when dead, it kills a stamplars sustain in pvp. Stamplar is dead
    Everyone has a plan, until their plan gets nerfed

Apparently the only Stamplar left on PC EU
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    shadoza wrote: »

Not me. I felt I was in a good place with a little over 200K. I will not live so long as to get the high end homes as it has taken a couple years to get the 200k.

Seriously? I just made a new char on na, and got 200k gold in less than 2 weeks, simply by vendoring the crap i looted from grinding.....

Yes, seriously. I have other characters that need my talents so I usually break or pass items I do not use. I do not grind as I have limited play time.