The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Patch Notes Rapid Feedback

InvitationNotFound
InvitationNotFound
✭✭✭✭✭
Alliance War

Assault
Vigor: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs were unintentionally proccing abilities with a ranged attack prerequisite.
Rapid Maneuvers: This ability and its morphs will no longer provide immunity to snares or immobilizes.
Retreating Maneuvers: This morph will no longer remove current snares or immobilizes, and will instead grant affected allies a bonus that reduces their damage taken from behind by 15%.
Developer Comment:
Spoiler

After the changes to Major Expedition in Update 20, we wanted to make sure all abilities that provided the buff were given the same pass, yet Rapid Maneuvers was left untouched. We wanted to spend more time fleshing out a new identity for this ability, while still retaining the unique group play it enabled. Since the removal of snares and immobilizes is such a powerful tool, we removed that function from this skill since it was allowing large groups to ignore incorporating those types of abilities in their individual builds. We repurposed Retreating Maneuvers for something that was strictly defensive, as the name implied, so you’ll now take less damage when being attacked from the backside as you reposition or retreat.

How detached from your game are you?

Who cares about their damage taken from behind? How should that work anyway with that miserable performance in Cyrodiil? And who wants to even use that crap?

How should that new morph "retain" the unique group play it enabled? Who the hell was using that skill outside of an organized group anyway? It is too expensive outside such a group anyway. And obviously, it won't provide that "unique group play".

By changing this skill you simply push more to numbers instead of group play. If there are way more opponents than you, you'll lose the fight anyway because they are more. Nothing else will matter... Just stack with your faction and run down the factions with less players...
We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good change to an unhealthy ball group skill, hope it stays
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. I support any ball group nerf.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Long overdue change.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep stacking the whole faction at one place and just win with numbers is way better :trollface:
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good now nerf purge in ball group play and we're talking.
    Edited by TimeDazzler on January 21, 2019 9:45PM
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good change.
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭
    hahahahahahaha
    ha
    ha
    hahaha
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JAwtunes wrote: »
    hahahahahahaha
    ha
    ha
    hahaha

Exactly my reaction :D Root and negate are waiting for their ballgroup ass :D
    Edited by Mayrael on January 21, 2019 9:48PM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm down for removing the immunity but the new effect is pointless. They can come up with something better than that.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tee Hee Hee. At least now you will have a chance to pull those healers out of the ball and put them down. Let the purging begin....in more ways then one.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alliance War

Assault
    Vigor: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs were unintentionally proccing abilities with a ranged attack prerequisite.
    Rapid Maneuvers: This ability and its morphs will no longer provide immunity to snares or immobilizes.
    Retreating Maneuvers: This morph will no longer remove current snares or immobilizes, and will instead grant affected allies a bonus that reduces their damage taken from behind by 15%.
    Developer Comment:
    Spoiler

After the changes to Major Expedition in Update 20, we wanted to make sure all abilities that provided the buff were given the same pass, yet Rapid Maneuvers was left untouched. We wanted to spend more time fleshing out a new identity for this ability, while still retaining the unique group play it enabled. Since the removal of snares and immobilizes is such a powerful tool, we removed that function from this skill since it was allowing large groups to ignore incorporating those types of abilities in their individual builds. We repurposed Retreating Maneuvers for something that was strictly defensive, as the name implied, so you’ll now take less damage when being attacked from the backside as you reposition or retreat.

What a lame excuse. If they now want the names of skills to reflect the action, they should have started with Templars passive Burning Light which only does Magick Damage. Lololol.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

One thing does concern me though. It says that they get the 15% reduced damage from being attacked from behind. And with the Flanking Strategist set, a set that requires attacking from behind or the side, they mention "Note that this set still has potential to apply to Area of Effect attacks."

So, for ball groups, this might actually be a 15% reduced damage for AOE effects. Which will stack with evasion and be a huge buff.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will miss old rapids since they did make running past mobs (who thought adding a snare to every single mob in the game is a good idea?!) in sleep-inducing overland stuff a bit more bearable. But this is a good and needed PvP change.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not sure but this could make it even harder for mag in middle size grps since they have no effective way to get rid of snares or get immunity
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Long overdue change.
    susmitds wrote: »
    I like it. I support any ball group nerf.

You seriously are so butthurt by organised groupplay in pvp that you wish it gone completely? Yes, if this goes through ballgroups are completely dead and pvp will be zerg vs zerg and solosnipers running around.

Have fun with that, or im sure you will since you obvioulsy never praticipated in any kind of organised groupplay in pvp

I had my share of ball grouping but my main guild left the game at Morrowind. Now, I play solo mostly and honestly ball group vs randoms is same as premade vs soloer, both of which are broken IMO. Organized players have communication advantage, they dont need anything more.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best move ever from ZoS.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.I.P. PvP endgame raiding 2019.01.21
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take it, but I was hoping for a more universal addressing of roots and snares. Guess I will just settle for having groups that have people just spamming rapids to share in the pain. Misery loves company.
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you incorrectly typed endgame raiding instead of "Organized Zerging".
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »

I think you incorrectly typed endgame raiding instead of "Organized Zerging".

Don't worry there will still be plenty of organised zergs :)
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id agree that being root and snared to death is terrible; but if rapids is all thats keeping those groups where they are, all the while spamming time freeze and permafrost themselves then it is clearly broken.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here we go again, people thinking they've got a silver bullet to help disorganized versus organized.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good change, zergeball groups hurting bad but they are real pvp problem
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. This is a very good change. No reason a zerg / ball group should be more mobile than 5-8 people. I think anyone that has dealt with logistics of very large groups IRL could attest to that lol
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love how zerglings think ball groups deserve to be punished.. why?
    Why do they deserve to be punished for taking the time and dedication to assemble an organized group with proper group compatability. Why must a bunch of thumbless zerglings be rewarded for being farmed since they don’t know how to coordinate. This is completely stupid how people actually think ball groups should be punished for actually trying to be organized and coordinated. Just how brainless are these developers
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    I love how zerglings think ball groups deserve to be punished.. why?
    Why do they deserve to be punished for taking the time and dedication to assemble an organized group with proper group compatability. Why must a bunch of thumbless zerglings be rewarded for being farmed since they don’t know how to coordinate. This is completely stupid how people actually think ball groups should be punished for actually trying to be organized and coordinated. Just how brainless are these developers

Every time I join a pug I find out out that every one in the group is awesome because they tell me, since they lose to an organized group it's because ZOS needs to nerf them.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ball groups crying over rapids... priceless...
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ball groups crying over rapids... priceless...

No, but if you were lobbying for this, prepare for continued losses.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be fine with this if magicka had something comparable to forward momentum or shuffle.

This will heavily weigh medium/large fights in favor of stamina builds due to group member's ability to reliably move at the same speeds without making major sacrifices. The stam warden based group meta that's been going around is already strong, this will just make it the best.

• Diundriel
    Diundriel
    ✭✭✭
    you basically rip pvp raid playstyle and make lots of guilds quit the game as raiding is the only Thing why they are actually still playing eso
    GM of former Slack Squad PvP Raid Guild
    Our Vids:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLwZNZlv8an4p-xNoboE7w

Characters:
    Zoe'la- AD Magplar AvA 50 x2.5
    Not Zoe'la- DC Magplar AvA 25
    Worst Healbot EU- EP Magplar AvA 20
    Diundriel- AD StamNB AvA 36
    Pugs Got Bombed- AD ManaNB AvA 36
    Cause we have dots- AD ManaSorc AvA 33
    Red Zergs Again- AD StamDen AvA 29
    Synergy Spam Bot- AD MagDK AvA 17
    Heals of Cyrodiil- AD ManaDen AvA 14
    Nawrina- DC StamDK AvA 26
    Not Ganking- StamNB PVE DD
    Stack Pls- DC ManaNB AvA 20
    Der Katzenmensch- AD AvA 30
    Der kleine Troll- DC StamDen AvA 24
    and some I deleted and new ones I am to lazy to add so well above 200 Mio AP and 6 Former Emperor Characters

PvE: multiple Flawless Conqueror Chars, vAS +2, vCloudrest +3, vRG, vKA, vCrag hms, vDSA 43,5k score ...