The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[MATH] PvP Defensive Set Comparison (Impreg, Brass, Pariah, Riposte, + more)

• Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    holy ***.... thats going to proove my own testing on my light magplar.

2 pice pirate skeleton is awensome on her even with the healdebuff

That's because even with the heal debuff, you aren't popping BoL at full health. Usually you are hitting it at a point where you'll be making use of our mending passive which the extra healing from that offsets the minor defile a little.

If we didn't use channeled focus, restoring focus would probably be better used here since the 8% extra healing and 8% minor protection would offset that defile debuff entirely.

Even on live, I like the uptime on pirate.

yes i did really alot of testing of many different monster sets and offensive/deffensive sets
    for me i came to the following conclution

5 surge or spc (depends on grp) on body
    5 trans on snb backbar
    2 pirates
    2 willpower swords

canot say its not working well. but im still thinking mageplar is kinda weak atm compared to other classes

/e also using the skeleton morph for no global cd when pirate is procing

DMG enchants? DMG mundas?
    Both of those with light and surge should be enough damage on magplar. If you only have 1400 recovery, you'll need channeled focus + ele drain to have around the minimum 1800-1900 recovery.

It's very weak, but fixes to jabs will help.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=34743

that is she, although bars are not acurate anymore, im a strictly no cp player besides BGs but that changes next patch too :)

Takes forever to open on my phone. Can you select "view this build" and copy the link to that view for me?

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=34743

here we go

Beautiful! Takes like 2 second to load versus 10 minutes for the actual editor lol.

Your Stam is really low. Swap witch for tri food; you'll be at better health/Stam and increase your mag pool a little. At 3k SD you need a minimum of 33k mag to be effective against some hard meta builds.

But then again you are using SnB so you need the mag Regen :(. Tough call. I'd say swap trans for desert rose since your using mist form, swap witch for tri food, and see if that's enough stats?

plz dont forgett cps are dissabled in that view

but thx for advices :) i dont see myself blocking alot neither.. im playing with the idea to make dw restro staff out of it

maybe something like:

2 pirates
    5 surge/spc
    5 julianos/war maiden

backbar restro

Could do mechanical acuity instead of julianos. Gives you stam/mag and another 129 SD. Then swap an enchant for Regen? Innate is another good crafty set for templars (aside from poor Ultimates). That would give you a similar max mag/Stam boost but instead front loads the 400 SD and gives a spell crit chance.

Otherwise you'll need Regen, either way (unless you have 1400+channeled focus+ ele drain).

@Minno + potions and Honor the Dead and it still a bit uncomfortable if pressure is always decent on you.

@Joy_Division , on live you can cleanse minor defile when PS procs.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    pirate skeleton debuff was unpurgeable when the item set was launch, and AFAIK is was intended. If it's purgeable now, is a bug for sure

Yea I will need to agree. If it's going to keep that much mitigation for a 2pc, the heal debuff should be unpurgable.

But at the same time, that minor debuff completely nulifies any build adding minor defile sources (I assume that minor defile isn't boosted by CP from my enemy and therefore stays at the 15% mark instead of being increased by a ridiculous amount because of defile CP).

@TheDoomsdayMonster it looks like chudan on higher than pirate/chudan combo by almost 4%! I agree you do lose important buffs, but if you don't want to bother to cast armor buffs in between fights and don't care about farming for a helm piece, then chudan is matching close to other defensive sets that require 5pc to get.

@Taylor_MB on my spreadsheet it was giving me a 45-48% mitigation on pirate skeleton (almost 15000 penetration, 50% crit chance and1.75 crit DMG for my enemy with 20660 armor avg and 2500 crit resists for me How do we calc the minor defile into that? Even with that defile source, wouldn't take lock out builds boosting defile CP because there defiled is coming from my set instead of the attackers defile source? If so, would be funny to see minor defile as a positive in that you'll always have the consistent 15% less healing that locks out disease status effects and other minor defile sources lol.

@Minno
    Funny enough there used to be a bug that if you had CP points into Befoul the minor Defile on you from Pirate Skeleton would increase and you would get even less healing. I'm pretty sure they fixed that though. But might go on PTS to double check as its easier to test there.

I was going to assume that too! Would be funny if it still did (not that I have any points into befoul anyway lol).

Checked, it was fixed, it doesn't make the minor defile worse.

Only thing left to check is if the attacker can't boost that defile (going to assume that is impossible since it's not their debuff, but never know with this game anymore lol).

Shouldn't, I will assume that it works just like Minor Lifesteal. To apply your own strength of the debuff you will have to reapply it. So they can't buff the minor Defile you placed on yourself but they can reapply another that is stronger. The buff/debuff with the longest duration is the one that gets applied. Which btw for those that are interested is why siphon spirit will always override Blood Alters Minor lifesteal, cause the Blood Alters minor lifesteal is only 1s but gets reapplied every 1s as long as targets stay in range, which I guess will be really fricking easy now :tongue: that radius buff though.

But then if they apply the better debuff, that overrides the unpurgable minor defile debuff, that means I can purge the override debuff!

@Minno
    But... it isn't unpurgable? At least not from what I tested just a few days ago, and I just now cause you said that got unsure if it was true on live or not so I checked it :tongue: Its currently purgable on live. So purge away people.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    holy ***.... thats going to proove my own testing on my light magplar.

2 pice pirate skeleton is awensome on her even with the healdebuff

That's because even with the heal debuff, you aren't popping BoL at full health. Usually you are hitting it at a point where you'll be making use of our mending passive which the extra healing from that offsets the minor defile a little.

If we didn't use channeled focus, restoring focus would probably be better used here since the 8% extra healing and 8% minor protection would offset that defile debuff entirely.

Even on live, I like the uptime on pirate.

yes i did really alot of testing of many different monster sets and offensive/deffensive sets
    for me i came to the following conclution

5 surge or spc (depends on grp) on body
    5 trans on snb backbar
    2 pirates
    2 willpower swords

canot say its not working well. but im still thinking mageplar is kinda weak atm compared to other classes

/e also using the skeleton morph for no global cd when pirate is procing

DMG enchants? DMG mundas?
    Both of those with light and surge should be enough damage on magplar. If you only have 1400 recovery, you'll need channeled focus + ele drain to have around the minimum 1800-1900 recovery.

It's very weak, but fixes to jabs will help.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=34743

that is she, although bars are not acurate anymore, im a strictly no cp player besides BGs but that changes next patch too :)

Takes forever to open on my phone. Can you select "view this build" and copy the link to that view for me?

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=34743

here we go

Beautiful! Takes like 2 second to load versus 10 minutes for the actual editor lol.

Your Stam is really low. Swap witch for tri food; you'll be at better health/Stam and increase your mag pool a little. At 3k SD you need a minimum of 33k mag to be effective against some hard meta builds.

But then again you are using SnB so you need the mag Regen :(. Tough call. I'd say swap trans for desert rose since your using mist form, swap witch for tri food, and see if that's enough stats?

plz dont forgett cps are dissabled in that view

but thx for advices :) i dont see myself blocking alot neither.. im playing with the idea to make dw restro staff out of it

maybe something like:

2 pirates
    5 surge/spc
    5 julianos/war maiden

backbar restro

Could do mechanical acuity instead of julianos. Gives you stam/mag and another 129 SD. Then swap an enchant for Regen? Innate is another good crafty set for templars (aside from poor Ultimates). That would give you a similar max mag/Stam boost but instead front loads the 400 SD and gives a spell crit chance.

Otherwise you'll need Regen, either way (unless you have 1400+channeled focus+ ele drain).

@Minno + potions and Honor the Dead and it still a bit uncomfortable if pressure is always decent on you.

@Joy_Division , on live you can cleanse minor defile when PS procs.

Yea I can see that. Only mentioning it because I've had success rolling 1400 Regen with ele drain+channeled focus with the only significant drop in sustain coming from mag poisons that I didn't pay attention too. Lexy confirms this as well for his magplar (as well as others saying 1800 total Regen in light armor is about bare minimum)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pirate skeleton debuff was unpurgeable when the item set was launch, and AFAIK is was intended. If it's purgeable now, is a bug for sure

Yea I will need to agree. If it's going to keep that much mitigation for a 2pc, the heal debuff should be unpurgable.

But at the same time, that minor debuff completely nulifies any build adding minor defile sources (I assume that minor defile isn't boosted by CP from my enemy and therefore stays at the 15% mark instead of being increased by a ridiculous amount because of defile CP).

@TheDoomsdayMonster it looks like chudan on higher than pirate/chudan combo by almost 4%! I agree you do lose important buffs, but if you don't want to bother to cast armor buffs in between fights and don't care about farming for a helm piece, then chudan is matching close to other defensive sets that require 5pc to get.

@Taylor_MB on my spreadsheet it was giving me a 45-48% mitigation on pirate skeleton (almost 15000 penetration, 50% crit chance and1.75 crit DMG for my enemy with 20660 armor avg and 2500 crit resists for me How do we calc the minor defile into that? Even with that defile source, wouldn't take lock out builds boosting defile CP because there defiled is coming from my set instead of the attackers defile source? If so, would be funny to see minor defile as a positive in that you'll always have the consistent 15% less healing that locks out disease status effects and other minor defile sources lol.

@Minno
    Funny enough there used to be a bug that if you had CP points into Befoul the minor Defile on you from Pirate Skeleton would increase and you would get even less healing. I'm pretty sure they fixed that though. But might go on PTS to double check as its easier to test there.

I was going to assume that too! Would be funny if it still did (not that I have any points into befoul anyway lol).

Only thing left to check is if the attacker can't boost that defile (going to assume that is impossible since it's not their debuff, but never know with this game anymore lol).

Shouldn't, I will assume that it works just like Minor Lifesteal. To apply your own strength of the debuff you will have to reapply it. So they can't buff the minor Defile you placed on yourself but they can reapply another that is stronger. The buff/debuff with the longest duration is the one that gets applied. Which btw for those that are interested is why siphon spirit will always override Blood Alters Minor lifesteal, cause the Blood Alters minor lifesteal is only 1s but gets reapplied every 1s as long as targets stay in range, which I guess will be really fricking easy now :tongue: that radius buff though.

But then if they apply the better debuff, that overrides the unpurgable minor defile debuff, that means I can purge the override debuff!

@Minno
    But... it isn't unpurgable? At least not from what I tested just a few days ago, and I just now cause you said that got unsure if it was true on live or not so I checked it :tongue: Its currently purgable on live. So purge away people.

I'd assume that's a bug (and potentially going to be fixed). The defile debuff doesn't show on my eso tracker?
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Minno

@Minno

I'd assume that's a bug (and potentially going to be fixed). The defile debuff doesn't show on my eso tracker?

You know considering they made Ironblood unpurgable, or atleast I have some recollection of such things. I would agree, but then back to the other thing. If they did make it unpurgable should they make it so that even if you purge the one that stacks on top of it the base one still applies? I mean one easy way to do it is to constantly reapply it every second for the duration of it, that way even if you purge one caused by a players poisons then you would still have it on you.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Minno

@Minno

You know considering they made Ironblood unpurgable, or atleast I have some recollection of such things. I would agree, but then back to the other thing. If they did make it unpurgable should they make it so that even if you purge the one that stacks on top of it the base one still applies? I mean one easy way to do it is to constantly reapply it every second for the duration of it, that way even if you purge one caused by a players poisons then you would still have it on you.

Well it's a minor defile debuff therefore it should function like it does for the major/minor debuff system. If the are minor defile sources, they should revise the minor defile from the pirate set and therefore be purgable.

If not, then having it a no-named debuff would count as forcing the debuff on the player but all other debuffs could be unpurgable. Especially if the mitigation is as high as it is. But then this might break the set given that defile sources are really strong.

So I'm mixed on this issue. Would be great to have a defensive set other than bloodspawn being used.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried using Mark of the Pariah on a Magicka NB tank while using Malevolent Offering to ensure your always below the 68% threshold? You could stack HoTs like Swallow Soul, Refreshing Path, Siphoning Attacks, etc., to help balance at that 68% tipping point. Not sure what else to add to this build to help make this play style viable, or if it can be viable at all...
    Edited by akray21 on January 17, 2018 9:21PM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried using Mark of the Pariah on a Magicka NB tank while using Malevolent Offering to ensure your always below the 68% threshold? You could stack HoTs like Swallow Soul, Refreshing Path, Siphoning Attacks, etc., to help balance at that 68% tipping point. Not sure what else to add to this build to help make this play style viable, or if it can be viable at all...

Add mistform or 2 pirate so you get heal debuffed or the ability to not take heals when you don't want them.
    Or you can try malubeth, troll king, or engine guardian
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    akray21 wrote: »

Add mistform or 2 pirate so you get heal debuffed or the ability to not take heals when you don't want them.
    Or you can try malubeth, troll king, or engine guardian

I thought about pirate for the resistanceses, but I think letting the HoTs roll in would be an easier way to balance current health. And if you ever get too high on health you can always spam Malevolent to quickly drop health. I do like the idea of Vamp with the added resistance at low health, as well as mistform. My main concern is where the offense would come from, or else this would simply be a group build, or a troll tank.
    Edited by akray21 on January 18, 2018 9:15PM
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭
    Lot of good info in this thread, thank you guys for sharing.

PS: Don't feed the troll :smile:

WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 impreg 5 twice born star 1 kena, 2h/bow setup, all divines, warrior and serpent stone on NB is a solid setup and easy/cheap to get for use in battlegrounds. I run different stuff for open world but I fall back on this for BG. Good damage, good sustain, good survivability.

Stamblade or Magblade? These are the kind of builds I like - something a bit different.

I love Impreg. The toughest part is what to run with it as there are so many great damage sets - recently I've been trying Morag Tong, Hundings Rage, Night Mothers Gaze, Night Mothers Embrace (they really need to change the name of one of those sets as it confusing as hell when it only displays as "Night Mother" for both sets...), Vice Canon and Senche.
    At the moment, I'm running Morag Tong &Hundings and that does crazy damage but is really slim on health and about as squishy as it gets lol.
    So next set will almost certainly be Impreg (maybe Shackle breaker but not sure).
    I don't have the knowledge (yet) to know what sets synergise together well. And while I'm here - what HEAVY sets would be viable on a stamblade???? So many ideas, so many questions... haha! :smiley:
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump so players coming back to the game can see this amazing thread!

Also, Pirate Skeleton is now fixed where the minor defile is forced on your toon regardless of purging.
    But I have not noticed much difference honestly in it's use (if caught with your pants down, you'll be burned down to 0% but otherwise still strong. Would be interesting to test if the minor defile on pirate skeleton ignores other minor defile sources or if those sources override pirate skeleton defile so you can then purge the minor defile lol. Or how does the mitigation value change if you start adding enough healing boost stats to match the minor defile?

Is there a way to also add minor/major evasion? How would we go about placing a mitigation value to dodge chance?
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, Pirate Skeleton is now fixed where the minor defile is forced on your toon regardless of purging.
    But I have not noticed much difference honestly in it's use (if caught with your pants down, you'll be burned down to 0% but otherwise still strong. Would be interesting to test if the minor defile on pirate skeleton ignores other minor defile sources or if those sources override pirate skeleton defile so you can then purge the minor defile lol. Or how does the mitigation value change if you start adding enough healing boost stats to match the minor defile?

Is there a way to also add minor/major evasion? How would we go about placing a mitigation value to dodge chance?

In the long run, dodge chance would resemble any other damage mitigation.

In the short run it would show spikes of extreme mitigation and low mitigation.

So you could accurately assess it on a tanky long run spec, not so much on a high damage dealer
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you could accurately assess it on a tanky long run spec, not so much on a high damage dealer

that would be interesting to see. "at what point does it tip in your favor" assessment.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that would be interesting to see. "at what point does it tip in your favor" assessment.

I'm more into its synergy with tactician and how that impacts less defensive fights. That's unable to be measured. Offbalance is op.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minno as you wish...

Evasion (major and minor) now added to calculations!

TdJc5mn.png

Simply input uptimes and away you go! Evasion won't affect the "ranking" of different sets, but it will allow you to get a more accurate mitigation value (at least for no-CP). Also further helps demonstrate the diminishing returns nature of mitigation, Evasion will boost low mitigations builds more then high, thus bringing them closer together.

As @Waffennacht said it functions like any other forms of mitigation, most similar to Riposte as it affects both critical and non critical strikes equally (an easy addition!). Even though Evasion is like a mitigation proc, even a squishy glass cannon build will see the same mitigation as a long standing tank. It may be that for one fight Evasion doesn't proc at all, but the next fight it procs constantly, but ultimately over multiple engagements it will average out based on uptime.

One aspect I have been grappling with, is how to calculate active dodge rolling into mitigation calculations. Obviously this is most relevant with Evasion as medium armour users also tend to dodge roll the most, which is why I mention it now. Easiest option would be have a "Roll Dodge Every X Seconds" option and divide the duration of the dodge roll window by that number... but I can't even find any accurate information on the length. It also wouldn't take into account AoE's or attacks with travel time. Might not be a way to make it accurate enough to worth including. Anyway....

Always happy to take suggestions, the information contained here has probably doubled just from people suggesting things I overlooked!

Peace.

Edit: Just realised it took me 13 days to add this! Apologies for the delay, adulting sucks!
    Edited by Taylor_MB on March 26, 2018 2:25AM
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    @Minno as you wish...

TdJc5mn.png

Simply input uptimes and away you go! Evasion won't affect the "ranking" of different sets, but it will allow you to get a more accurate mitigation value (at least for no-CP). Also further helps demonstrate the diminishing returns nature of mitigation, Evasion will boost low mitigations builds more then high, thus bringing them closer together.

As @Waffennacht said it functions like any other forms of mitigation, most similar to Riposte as it affects both critical and non critical strikes equally (an easy addition!). Even though Evasion is like a mitigation proc, even a squishy glass cannon build will see the same mitigation as a long standing tank. It may be that for one fight Evasion doesn't proc at all, but the next fight it procs constantly, but ultimately over multiple engagements it will average out based on uptime.

One aspect I have been grappling with, is how to calculate active dodge rolling into mitigation calculations. Obviously this is most relevant with Evasion as medium armour users also tend to dodge roll the most, which is why I mention it now. Easiest option would be have a "Roll Dodge Every X Seconds" option and divide the duration of the dodge roll window by that number... but I can't even find any accurate information on the length. It also wouldn't take into account AoE's or attacks with travel time. Might not be a way to make it accurate enough to worth including. Anyway....

Always happy to take suggestions, the information contained here has probably doubled just from people suggesting things I overlooked!

Peace.

Edit: Just realised it took me 13 days to add this! Apologies for the delay, adulting sucks!

Yesssssssss! Thank you!

Best thread 2018.

- Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Taylor_MB
    Quick question. Does minor maim reduce the effected targets healing? Maim is placed on the enemy and healing scales with damage so I’m assuming it does reduce the targets healing but I’m not 100%
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Taylor_MB
    Quick question. Does minor maim reduce the effected targets healing? Maim is placed on the enemy and healing scales with damage so I’m assuming it does reduce the targets healing but I’m not 100%

Healing does NOT scale with damage, it scales with Max Mag/Spell power(Spell Damage) or Max Stam/Weapon Power(Weapon Damage).

Increasing your damage done with buffs that are specific for damage for example does not increase healing done.

But to be honest never actually tested for it. But would be VERY surprised if it did and I would then give my vote to make it not do that. If there should be a debuff for healing done then it should be its own thing. Defile is for healing taken/received but as far as I know there are no debuffs for healing done. Though I am not sure it is really needed.
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread is GOLD.

I'm really wondering for my MEDIUM stamplar in Non CP (mostly BGs) : Fortified Brass OR Impregnable?

If Impregnable, does it still make sense to say put 4x well fitted and only 3x impénétrable?
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sluice

Impregnable outperforms Fortified Brass in most scenarios. I encourage you to use tab '15 - Resists vs Crit Resist' to play around with all the different stat combinations (Armor Master only has 200 more resistances than FB so virtually the same). To give you some general answers though-

Impregnable
    Wins
    • Against Nightblades with their high critical chance, increased critical damage modifier and easy access to major fracture.
    • Against opponents with greater then ~60% critical chance (not overly common in no-CP).
    • In CP PvP.
    • Against opponents using maces.
    Loses
    • Against opponents are running low penetration and low critical chance.

Fortified Brass
    Wins
    • Against opponents with less then ~60% critical chance.
    • Against low penetration opponents.
    Loses
    • Against anyone running major fracture/breach (causes everyone else to do increased damage to you also).

So basically, Fortified Brass can be better against people who are not properly specc'd for PvP, so can be used for PuG-stomping, but the people you are likely to die to the most will be better countered by Impregnable.

Regarding additional critical resistance through traits, that's a tricky question. How much useful critical resistance you have, depends almost entirely on the stats of your opponent. Here is a list of "caps" for no-CP with what your opponent would need to be doing to reach that.

WgPNP5s.png

So assuming for soloing purposes (no one putting Transmutation on you) and your opponent has no critical damage bonuses, you can safely run Impregnable and 3 Impenetrable traits as that will only take you to 3274. So no wasted resistances. As you can see though, even in no-CP PvP it's quite easy to almost double the base bonus critical damage, how much you invest to counter this hypothetical opponent is up to you.

Hope that helps!
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minno as you wish...

TdJc5mn.png

Peace.

You know, as I continue to use Spectre's Eye more and more, its making me really, really, come to appreciate something about Major Evasion that goes beyond the raw (on paper) mitigation over time...

For example pending your playstyle, someone using Spectre's Eye can reasonably expect to have anywhere from 30-50% uptime on Major Evasion; this equates to an average damage mitigation over time of anywhere from 4.5% to 7.5%...

This, obviously, pales compared to the damage mitigation provided by Riposte's or Transmutation, but when you factor in the fact that when Major Evasion works, you not only mitigate damage, but you eliminate that attacks secondary effects as well...

As we all know, being CC'ed is often the beginning of an opponents burst against you, so if you passively dodge someone's attack that has CC attached to it, you actually mitigated much more damage than it initially seems as you are no longer helpless against your opponents follow up attacks and can act against them accordingly...

When you passively dodge, you can avoid Debuffs...

When you passively dodge, you can avoid a status effect related to a given Poison...

Because of the above, Spectre's Eye doesn't mitigate as much damage over time as some of the other defensive sets do, but it can be clutch in ways that these other sets simply cant match...

On several occasions, I've passively dodged Incap, and so I completely negated 6-10k damage, I avoided a long, powerful, CC, and I avoided being Defiled...all at once.

Riposte's and Transmutation cant match that kind of mitigation in such a short time span (especially when you take into consideration the fact that Incap will be followed up with additional attacks if it lands)...

I say all of that just to make the point that, when comparing the mitigation values of various defensive sets, there are sometimes variables that we must take into account that go beyond what the raw math tells us...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sluice

Impregnable outperforms Fortified Brass in most scenarios. I encourage you to use tab '15 - Resists vs Crit Resist' to play around with all the different stat combinations (Armor Master only has 200 more resistances than FB so virtually the same). To give you some general answers though-

Impregnable
    Wins
    • Against Nightblades with their high critical chance, increased critical damage modifier and easy access to major fracture.
    • Against opponents with greater then ~60% critical chance (not overly common in no-CP).
    • In CP PvP.
    Loses

Fortified Brass
    Wins
    Loses
    • Against anyone running major fracture/breach (causes everyone else to do increased damage to you also).

So basically, Fortified Brass can be better against people who are not properly specc'd for PvP, so can be used for PuG-stomping, but the people you are likely to die to the most will be better countered by Impregnable.
    !

I am curious as to what PVP build even remotely approaches 60% crit. The vast majority of builds, even those with higher crit, hover around the 45-50 range. If 60% truly is the tipping point between FB and Impreg I don’t see how Impreg wins in any comparison. Am I missing something here? Is the 60% a typo?

Edited by montiferus on April 20, 2018 2:45PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »
    @sluice

Impregnable
    Wins
    • In CP PvP.
    Loses

Fortified Brass
    Wins
    Loses

!

I am curious as to what PVP build even remotely approaches 60% crit. The vast majority of builds, even those with higher crit, hover around the 45-50 range. If 60% truly is the tipping point between FB and Impreg I don’t see how Impreg wins in any comparison. Am I missing something here? Is the 60% a typo?

Khajiit, hundings and one dagger with CP/buffs will get you exactly 60% crit chance for stamina.

Nightblade i'd imagine is also viable since each assassin skill slotted adds to your crit chance.
    Edit: 3 assassin skills with khajiit and hunding will give you 61% crit chance.

60% crit chance is viable without heavy build requirements. Penetration however is a different story.
    Edited by Minno on April 20, 2018 2:55PM
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minno as you wish...

TdJc5mn.png

Peace.

You know, as I continue to use Spectre's Eye more and more, its making me really, really, come to appreciate something about Major Evasion that goes beyond the raw (on paper) mitigation over time...

For example pending your playstyle, someone using Spectre's Eye can reasonably expect to have anywhere from 30-50% uptime on Major Evasion; this equates to an average damage mitigation over time of anywhere from 4.5% to 7.5%...

This, obviously, pales compared to the damage mitigation provided by Riposte's or Transmutation, but when you factor in the fact that when Major Evasion works, you not only mitigate damage, but you eliminate that attacks secondary effects as well...

As we all know, being CC'ed is often the beginning of an opponents burst against you, so if you passively dodge someone's attack that has CC attached to it, you actually mitigated much more damage than it initially seems as you are no longer helpless against your opponents follow up attacks and can act against them accordingly...

When you passively dodge, you can avoid a status effect related to a given Poison...

Because of the above, Spectre's Eye doesn't mitigate as much damage over time as some of the other defensive sets do, but it can be clutch in ways that these other sets simply cant match...

On several occasions, I've passively dodged Incap, and so I completely negated 6-10k damage, I avoided a long, powerful, CC, and I avoided being Defiled...all at once.

Riposte's and Transmutation cant match that kind of mitigation in such a short time span (especially when you take into consideration the fact that Incap will be followed up with additional attacks if it lands)...

I say all of that just to make the point that, when comparing the mitigation values of various defensive sets, there are sometimes variables that we must take into account that go beyond what the raw math tells us...

spectre eye won't let you choose which spell to dodge. sometimes it dodges the light attack but lets the CC hit. If that cc is a destro staff, then youll get hit with a poison proc anyway.

spectre eye has to be combined with active dodge roll and even then you don't have the stamina stats to keep dodge rolling compared to a build that uses shackle breaker or another stamina regen set. But for templars, spectre eye isnt terrible because you have more spell resists but need physical resists, you need the health to avoid one shots, and the max mag is dual resource/dmg. We also have a 900 mag cost ability with jabs also procing dodge chance so you save on a GCD compared to stamina builds with shuffle.

That set needs a redesign to make major evasion have 100% uptime and maybe add stamina to the max mag stat and maybe replace the max health with stam regen to promote using it with dodge roll.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »
    @sluice

Impregnable
    Wins
    • In CP PvP.
    Loses

Fortified Brass
    Wins
    Loses

!

My Vampire Lord build has 60.3% Spell Crit; once upon a time I ran it with 73% Spell Crit...

Builds with high Spell Crit are definitely out there and they are lethal as hell against opponents that dont have high Critical Resist...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minno as you wish...

TdJc5mn.png

Peace.

spectre eye won't let you choose which spell to dodge. sometimes it dodges the light attack but lets the CC hit. If that cc is a destro staff, then youll get hit with a poison proc anyway.

spectre eye has to be combined with active dodge roll and even then you don't have the stamina stats to keep dodge rolling compared to a build that uses shackle breaker or another stamina regen set. But for templars, spectre eye isnt terrible because you have more spell resists but need physical resists, you need the health to avoid one shots, and the max mag is dual resource/dmg. We also have a 900 mag cost ability with jabs also procing dodge chance so you save on a GCD compared to stamina builds with shuffle.

That set needs a redesign to make major evasion have 100% uptime and maybe add stamina to the max mag stat and maybe replace the max health with stam regen to promote using it with dodge roll.

I definitely agree that some luck is involved as you have no control over which attack you dodge...

That said, there are times when you are dodging much more than others, and its just allowing you to passively dodge at the right time (I once beat a Stamplar because I kept dodging his Javelins which prevented him from executing his combo's as he wanted to)...

And on the flip side, are the times when its not passively dodging anything and every attack is landing flush on you and you get destroyed...

I do agree that the set could use a bit of a redesign though...

It would be awesome if they replaced the Max Health with Max Stamina (I dont want the Physicial Resist touched; that 2975 Physical Resist equates to around 4.5% damage negation to Physical Attacks in constant effect)...

My Vampire Lord build already has 61 Champion Points invested into Tumbling to lessen the blow to my 12.7k Stamina pool when dodge rolling; it would be awesome to have 13.7k Stamina without the benefit of a food buff...

:)
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, in no CP pvp, brass or impreg? I mean , actually whem Im bursted its always with critluck of the opponents, even in no CP, right?
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @montiferus
    If your opponent is running maces then they only need ~40% crit chance for Impregnable to out perform Fortified Brass. I made this spreadsheet so can find your own answers, because I can't tell you what your average opponent is running, I can only give you generalised answers on hypothetical builds.

Additionally, as I mentioned in the OP (and elsewhere), with the amount of nightblades running around with guaranteed heavy attack or ultimate critical strikes with cloak, that bumps whatever base critical chance value you use in the calculations even higher. So even if you think 60% critical chance is unreasonable (it might be) and drop it way down, still remember to take into account NB's getting to chose which high damage attacks of theirs are a critical.

@Torbschka
    I can't give you a definitive answer. In some scenarios Fortified Brass will out perform Impregnable. Those circumstances though will be against heavy armour builds and/or opponents with low critical chance and low penetration (newer players). My recommendation is Impregnable, as the players you are more likely and frequently to die from are the ones with a finely tuned build, usually with high critical chance and high penetration.
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you guys thinking low critical chance is under 60 % ?

Most people run with less than 50% critical chance.

Fortified brass is better than impregnable in modt of the fight.