The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Vid] Fun side effect of CP in BG's

Taylor_MB
Taylor_MB
✭✭✭✭✭
Long endurance fights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gySsfGCaufc
They do get frustrating and boring eventually, but the occasional one is a nice change of pace.
PvP Defensive Set Comparison
Firestarter MagDK 1vX
- build and gamplay!
LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
- build and gamplay!
ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
- build and gamplay!
Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
My YouTube Chanel

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not looking forward to that on Xbox...
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Eldar_Ftw
    Eldar_Ftw
    ✭✭
    Try doing this when you're under 600 cp against people like that, enjoy getting killed in 5 hits.
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Eldar_Ftw wrote: »
    Try doing this when you're under 600 cp against people like that, enjoy getting killed in 5 hits.

I do it, all day everyday. im not max cp. stop using that as an excuse.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah :( I've gone from targeting StamBlades first to targeting low CP players first. I know it sucks, but it is the best strategy to even out a fight and possibly get the upper hand.

I am not looking forward to that on Xbox...
    1 or 2 a gaming session is enjoyable, but anymore than that and it does get horribly boring. Made much much worse if any team has a tank involved in the fights.

Edited by Taylor_MB on November 7, 2017 9:51PM
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Do you, though?
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Do you, though?
    Yeah, he also has all of the BG achievements. Except for the chaosball one. Oh and merciless. But swears he wipes groups like all the time lol.
  • Eldar_Ftw
    Eldar_Ftw
    ✭✭

Except you're a horrible troll, nice try.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Nice long endurance fights"

"And picking on low CP players"

Don't sound like fun to me, nor the enjoyable pace of BG as it is right now. They sound like Vivec...
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest, the picture you describe, is a better description of how no-cp is. The best fights I´ve had have all been in CP-camaigns. In no-cp you´re out of resources in a second, which isn´t something I enjoy, call me "Noob" "l2p" etc I don´t care, I just don´t find no-cp funny where I´ve to heavy attack once every 3rd second to sustain in a fight :P
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

To be honest, the picture you describe, is a better description of how no-cp is. The best fights I´ve had have all been in CP-camaigns. In no-cp you´re out of resources in a second, which isn´t something I enjoy, call me "Noob" "l2p" etc I don´t care, I just don´t find no-cp funny where I´ve to heavy attack once every 3rd second to sustain in a fight :P

Lol what are you talking about you can have damn near infinite resources
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meanwhile the smart players are free capping flags and winning the game.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Why win when you can PvP?

Beardimus wrote: »
    "Nice long endurance fights"

"And picking on low CP players"

Don't sound like fun to me, nor the enjoyable pace of BG as it is right now. They sound like Vivec...
    I'm not picking on low CP players, but when outnumbered it only makes sense they die first.
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

Hitting someone and then watching their HP rubber-band back to full seems more like an exercise in futility rather than PVP.

But that is just me.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The scoring makes absolutely no sense to me. The green team had the highest medal scores but the lowest team score.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KRBMMO wrote: »
    The scoring makes absolutely no sense to me. The green team had the highest medal scores but the lowest team score.

Team Score in dom is based on how long you hold flags

Medal Score is given for caps as well as kills and heals on flags. If you sit on a flag and brawl all game you can stack up a high medal score, but do awfully as a team.

• Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hitting someone and then watching their HP rubber-band back to full seems more like an exercise in futility rather than PVP.

But that is just me.

Healing is an important part of PvP.

But I get your point, which is why I mentioned in the OP this type of PvP is only fun occasionally.
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yay.... cp bgs... yay

cp was a crap feature from the beginning on. what i see here looks rather boring and i'm happy that i'm not forced to participate in that mess (an no, it's not a lack of cp, i have 1k+). No cp bgs were way better and i used to play there regularly. They should have at least provided a way to choose if you want to join bgs with or without cps as a level 50 char...

anyway, my comment on the video:
    looks boring. as i was expecting it with cp (while this still looks like pugs and not premades (if premade, i think they were all pretty bad)).
    besides of that it shows an issue with bg in general, no one cares about the objectives. I mean seriously... you just stood on a single flag the whole time where your team had to do the rest of the work and in the end you've lost the match? how unexpected. :trollface:
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Eldar_Ftw
    Eldar_Ftw
    ✭✭

Non CP is still better cause you know why, I'm not getting hit for 5k-12k while wearing fraking heavy armor.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks boring. as i was expecting it with cp (while this still looks like pugs and not premades (if premade, i think they were all pretty bad)).
    Group never together, no focusing targets, no coordinated ult drops. Obviously it's a PuG.

besides of that it shows an issue with bg in general, no one cares about the objectives. I mean seriously... you just stood on a single flag the whole time where your team had to do the rest of the work and in the end you've lost the match? how unexpected. :trollface:
    BG's is for PvP, I'm proud that most people in that game kept going to that flag to PvP instead of "strategically avoiding" each other to cap flags to achieve some hollow game win.
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Non CP is still better cause you know why, I'm not getting hit for 5k-12k while wearing fraking heavy armor.

man this argument again...
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group never together, no focusing targets, no coordinated ult drops. Obviously it's a PuG.

BG's is for PvP, I'm proud that most people in that game kept going to that flag to PvP instead of "strategically avoiding" each other to cap flags to achieve some hollow game win.

what you call pvp here looks just boring. but that's what cps are for.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what you call pvp here looks just boring. but that's what cps are for.

I'd be playing no-CP BG's if I could, but in lieu of that I'm really happy with this match where people decided to PvP instead of running around chasing objectives and disengaging from fights.
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭

Do you, though?

Except you're a horrible troll, nice try.

im not the one hiding behind CP lololol
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭

Do you, though?
    Yeah, he also has all of the BG achievements. Except for the chaosball one. Oh and merciless. But swears he wipes groups like all the time lol.

lulz, you guys take everything so serious. shame on me for exaggerating and chit posting while @ work

Nevertheless, I normally play everyday and ive been out in vivec and shor since 300cp killing people, if im as bad as you all think I am, then it should be no issue for you ;)
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you, though?

lulz, you guys take everything so serious. shame on me for exaggerating and chit posting while @ work

Nevertheless, I normally play everyday and ive been out in vivec and shor since 300cp killing people, if im as bad as you all think I am, then it should be no issue for you ;)
    Stop picking fights with the Xbox crew. They don’t have the same opportunity that we PC NA people do to give you the bags that you are really starting to deserve because of all your Aussie-level *** posting lol.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play to win BGs.

If that means no fighting but just running, that's what I do.

Victory!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Do you, though?

Stop picking fights with the Xbox crew. They don’t have the same opportunity that we PC NA people do to give you the bags that you are really starting to deserve because of all your Aussie-level *** posting lol.

Hey man, shouldn't you be hiding behind your cp or something
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    KRBMMO wrote: »

Team Score in dom is based on how long you hold flags

Medal Score is given for caps as well as kills and heals on flags. If you sit on a flag and brawl all game you can stack up a high medal score, but do awfully as a team.

Thanks for explaining. I wish they explained what everything means somewhere and how to get good scores in the various content.

But that begs the question: Why did they make it possible to get an individual high score by basically screwing your team score? It's like the high scoring Basketball player who doesn't care if his team loses as long as he gets the most baskets.

Oh well, I won't be participating anyway unless they offer a noCP option again. I was just curious.
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Do you, though?

I cant help my self >_< haha when work is slow I have to enterain myself somehow

sorry ya'll I'll chill out ;)
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    no time to tell your frind that he is underground and that give you advantage over other teams?