Homestead PvP Glitch: Invisible Enemies

• Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this is the question everyone loves to hate, but are you all running any addons? If so, could you try disabling them and see if you're still seeing this issue (or in this case, not seeing...)

I saw this bug on PTS on my first fight the first day and I don't have any addon installed there. Why didn't you start to take care of the issue when it was first brought up, first day of PTS? Instead live PvP gonna be unplayable for a week, nice...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3749661#Comment_3749661
    lAW8D9l.jpg

~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
    Options
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »
    I know this is the question everyone loves to hate, but are you all running any addons? If so, could you try disabling them and see if you're still seeing this issue (or in this case, not seeing...)

I saw this bug on PTS on my first fight the first day and I don't have any addon installed there. Why didn't you start to take care of the issue when it was first brought up, first day of PTS? Instead live PvP gonna be unplayable for a week, nice...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3749661#Comment_3749661
    lAW8D9l.jpg

for a week? you believe that they are capable of fixing this in a week?
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
    Options
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FYI the invis group member bug is reliably remedied by running out of render range and then back into render range.

I think someone posted that workaround on the forums ages ago when it was first introduced. I mention it now because I'm not sure if ZOS is aware, and it appears that the bugs might be related.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Veg. Accurate and detailed reproducible reports of these issues when they arise on both PTS and Live are most helpful.

Not sure if this bug is related but I've noticed a similar issue with group content, especially Maw of Lorkhaj.

Often times my group will have at least 1 person invisible upon traveling into a trial. The invisible player will have to retravel to a player inside the instance to fix the issue. They can still fight with us, but cannot be be seen or targeted with our single target abilities such as Resurrection, obviously causing issues. It seems having all 12 people in a trial group separately travel via wayshrine into a trial will almost always trigger the bug. Therefore, we always have the group leader go in first and then we all travel to the trial via Travel to Player rather than wayshrine.

Also I have encountered rare instances when running the back area in the battle against Vet Rakkhat non-HM where I will return from killing Bent Cats but Rakkhat will never reappear. I will only see a pair of floating blue lights that show where his eyes are. This causes him to become untargetable with single target abilities, though AoE abilities still hit him. Usually it is detrimental to the run!

Again I am not positive if these bugs are related to the new PvP invisible player bug but it may be. Hope that helped!
    Edited by Vaoh on February 6, 2017 7:40PM
    Options
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Veg. Accurate and detailed reproducible reports of these issues when they arise on both PTS and Live are most helpful.

You could always consult your in house QA department.

syF998WHEEwWk.gif
    Edited by pmn100b16_ESO on February 6, 2017 9:53PM
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't put this on us, Brain. Your company has a terrible track record. Every patch introduces new PVP bugs that are reported on PTS and ignored.

Other major bugs like the 30-50% FPS drop bug and the Cyrodiil LOD terrain bug have been present since 2.2 -- for over a year.

This is all on ZOS.

Edited by zyk on February 6, 2017 8:04PM
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's the point of teabagging people if they can't see you? :trollface:
    Options
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry folks, this is just the new all classes version of Cloak.

Working as intended.

Carry on.
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow....thats terrible...this was known a month ago?

This is game breaking...you kidding me? WTG ZOS...

xT9DPHkjkNpJmjTY6A.gif

ROTFL

Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on February 6, 2017 8:12PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Azramel
    Azramel
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen this for the first time after the update. I was on the bridge between Alessia and Sejanus. I was fighting a few DC off the bridge on the Alessia side, then the fight moved onto the bridge and at least 2 of the players were definitely invisible. I seen abilities like the sorcerers encase being cast from a direction with no players.

Edit: Forgot to clarify, the players I was fighting were visible when we first fought off the bridge. Only after we moved onto the bridge did I notice some became invisible.
    Edited by Azramel on February 6, 2017 8:32PM
    Options
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Is a good guy. I'm sure he hates seeing all these issues make it in and I'm sure even after asking for more resources to fix Cyro he is ignored. I feel you dude, but it is what it is. Good luck with battlegrounds introduction and an ever emptying Cyrodiil.
    "What happens in ESO, stays in ESO"

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xinthisis wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Is a good guy. I'm sure he hates seeing all these issues make it in and I'm sure even after asking for more resources to fix Cyro he is ignored. I feel you dude, but it is what it is. Good luck with battlegrounds introduction and an ever emptying Cyrodiil.

Agreed. Brian is a good guy. I was just giving a little bit of flack in a funny light hearted kinda way.

I know its not his fault stuff like this happens, and I know he does the best he can with what he is given. I hope Battlegrounds is a big success for Wheeler, and I think it will be.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Flak is fine and if anything, we've seen that regardless of an issue existing globally or not, it is always exacerbated in PVP. We have our QA team and myself running around in Cyrodiil right now trying to decipher exactly what's going on whether it's a specific ability that's getting stuck, or an item set, or random voodoo.

Again, if anyone has details about being attacked, killed, or attacking and killing an invisible player, please post here with character names and what class and if they were a Vamp or not.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is happening on EU aswell.
    EU | PC
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I get to be invisible. Likely bats ult
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems like this invisiblity actually works, can we pack that feature to patch the nighblade's cloak? :trollface:
    Edited by ManDraKE on February 6, 2017 9:43PM
    Options
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ty for your work Brian most of us appreciate you very much
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, i've had my horse be invisible to me once (after summoning it/while riding). Only happened once during the evening tho. Just in case it might tip you off to something.
    Options
  • concegual
    concegual
    ✭✭✭
    Happened to me at roe lumber on TF cropsford TF and cropsford on haderus
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    REVENGE OF THE CLOUDING BATSWARM

That's what you get for not fixing and then changing our beloved ability :'(
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative
    I got killed by Invisible Nihilos Zergborn and Lucian Dawnbringer, both templars... but I've been hit by invisible sorcs, dks and nbs too.
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

Options
  • GT_Schorsch
    GT_Schorsch
    ✭✭
    Server: EU
    Campaign: Trueflame
    Time: 09:44 pm UTC
    Opponent player: He-Also-Cleans, Templar
    Last hit ability: Radiant Oppression (I'm sorry, I did not take note of the other abilities shown in death recap)
    Own character: Vènôm, Templar, Dark Elf, Vampire
    Options
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Flak is fine and if anything, we've seen that regardless of an issue existing globally or not, it is always exacerbated in PVP. We have our QA team and myself running around in Cyrodiil right now trying to decipher exactly what's going on whether it's a specific ability that's getting stuck, or an item set, or random voodoo.

Again, if anyone has details about being attacked, killed, or attacking and killing an invisible player, please post here with character names and what class and if they were a Vamp or not.

Server: NA
    Campaign: Trueflame
    Time: 05:30 EST
    Opponent player: Shante Maelstorme
    He was a werewolf but was invisible before-hand.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
    Options
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back Miats!!!
    Options
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well dam...was looking forward to playing this patch tonight, now not so much.

Really weird system they have for testing.

-PTS players report bug a month ago.
    -Bug goes LIVE
    -ZoS asks for players on LIVE to report experiences with bug and help fix it

Seems to me that PTS is a waste of time and resources. If live is where bugs are going to get fixed anyway why bother with a PTS?

Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, Miat injected addon code into the patch that went live someone said. I enjoyed reading that.
    Options
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sureshawt wrote: »
    Well dam...was looking forward to playing this patch tonight, now not so much.

Really weird system they have for testing.

-PTS players report bug a month ago.
    -Bug goes LIVE
    -ZoS asks for players on LIVE to report experiences with bug and help fix it

Seems to me that PTS is a waste of time and resources. If live is where bugs are going to get fixed anyway why bother with a PTS?

and people wonder why I hate doing anything outside of seeing what sets look like on PTS. Its irritating to find bugs, go through the really bad reporting process, and get nothing for the time. Not BWheelers fault, just ZOS overall. PVP is an afterthought.
    Even though it was one of their biggest marketing tools pre-launch.
    Edited by Xinthisis on February 6, 2017 11:01PM
    "What happens in ESO, stays in ESO"

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
    Options
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People randomly appear again aswell.
    Going out of range does not fix it (like it does with invisible group members). Sometimes people will just appear on medium distance or after running around an obstacle.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvE, Auridon, I encountered invisible bear. Seems Invisible enemies aren't just in PvP!
    PC EU.
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
    Options