Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cheating and Exploits

• JUSTAPHELLA
    JUSTAPHELLA
    ✭✭
    Had to take away the video do to exposing a hacker and nothing will be done about it regardless. Only one other thing to do lol
    Edited by JUSTAPHELLA on October 30, 2017 7:37AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what zos should be doing but they do not want to spend the money. Going after the people that makes the cheats like cheat engine and others.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/fortnite-publisher-epic-is-suing-two-alleged-cheaters/ar-AAtmOB5?ocid=spartandhp
    This also entirely depends on where the people, sites etc. are, some countries are outside of US jurisdiction to chase.

Had to take away the video do to exposing a hacker and nothing will be done about it regardless. Only one other thing to do lol
    Did you PM the video to the devs/mods? Publicly posting naming and shaming is banned on the forums for good reasons (someone gave a great link to one of the old drama stories which came from this) but if you have evidence sending it direct to the ZOS staff in a PM might help.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • goggs25
    goggs25
    ✭✭
    I want to report ESO for cheating me out of money by making me buy a game I no longer can play all because they refuse to fix there servers all I get is login failed everyone I try to play.

And yes my ports are open but as I have all ready told them it still won't work.

This is stupid I want to buy dlc for this game but I am not paying anymore money for this game until ESO fix there servers
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I encountered a bunch of bots in Rivenspire a little while ago.
    I recorded a video of it and sent it to @ZOS_GinaBruno
    giphy.gif
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if ZOS could grow some and make an apology like this game recently did...

http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1460716951668332616

Even a shred of communication would be nice.
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    goggs25 wrote: »
    I want to report ESO for cheating me out of money by making me buy a game I no longer can play all because they refuse to fix there servers all I get is login failed everyone I try to play.

And yes my ports are open but as I have all ready told them it still won't work.

This is stupid I want to buy dlc for this game but I am not paying anymore money for this game until ESO fix there servers

Ya, sorry to say, that's somewhere on your end. Hundreds and hundreds log in every day with no issues.

That being said, they do have plenty that needs fixing.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we use this bug and try to kill some of the bots? >:)

https://youtu.be/GSwhOG5S6lY
    Edited by The_Saint on November 6, 2017 2:44PM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Partner
    Noractis
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we use this bug and try to kill some if the bots? >:)

This is insightful... and not at all in character with your account name. :smile:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JUSTAPHELLA
    JUSTAPHELLA
    ✭✭
    A lot of login in fails do to multiple accounts logging in, as in bots
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

This is good. Very good.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

ROLF. If the players dont go to PvP, bring PvP to the players. Loved it
  • mzprx
    mzprx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have a question that concerns mechanics of the game - why do heals go through solid objects? i mean, one thing that makes me want to chew on my keyboard are botters. not those smart botters, those you don't even know that they're botting, but those obvious ones, those that stand at a dolmen site and make a couple of moves now-and-then. now, i do value my time. i value it a lot. so what makes me angry AF is the fact that i have to spend my time grinding EXP but some... botters can simply stand there for a couple of days and bot their way to high levels/CP.

now take a look at the video below (no naming and shaming involved, you can't see the player's name). a player standing behind a rock, safe as can be, casting heals THROUGH that rock and getting those CPs without any trouble. i noticed him two days ago, he's been standing there, casting heals and getting those juicy CPs. now, again, why do heals go through solid objects? this makes me... not want to play the game any more..

https://youtu.be/MwB8R_rSvU8
    Edited by mzprx on November 10, 2017 11:07AM
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello "cheating and exploits" thread, my old friend.

It is amazing how many players are still present in this thread and writing things. Yet, some of you still haven't realized that this is a black hole where ZOS will never ever look at again. It serves its purpose well.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • mzprx
    mzprx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is amazing how many players are still present in this thread and writing things. Yet, some of you still haven't realized that this is a black hole where ZOS will never ever look at again. It serves its purpose well.

which is sad. by the way, that above mentioned player is still there. if you go to the Myrkwasa dolmen (PC EU) you'll find him/her there botting his/her way to CP 690. so far he/she has made a good and steady progress, from CP 172 to CP 184 in less than two days of botting. not bad..
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its a great place to stir up unrest, subs are droppin all over this thread...
  • IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mzprx wrote: »

which is sad. by the way, that above mentioned player is still there. if you go to the Myrkwasa dolmen (PC EU) you'll find him/her there botting his/her way to CP 690. so far he/she has made a good and steady progress, from CP 172 to CP 184 in less than two days of botting. not bad..

While I still say botting is bad, the rate of leveling is so low I don't even see why its worth it.
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Banning first time offenders who have been good customers for a long time is bad business. Customers being the key word. Not your subjects.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banning first time offenders who have been good customers for a long time is bad business. Customers being the key word. Not your subjects.

Good customers would not be exploiting the game and helping others to exploit the game.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If they did it more than once and noticed they could do the same thing again when they clearly know they shouldn't or do something that is blatantly cheating is exploiting doesn't matter how much $ you spent on the game.

These days mmo's take majority of minority so even if you spent 15,000$ on the game ever since you played you got weighed out by the masses, you could literally spend up to 100 grand or more on World of Tanks and they'll still ban you
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    WOW!

I mean really? Just WOW !

So I took a trip into that new trial thing, completed it and moved on only to see this morning that Alcast guy post a ban video about people exploiting again. That make me feel both scared and peev'd. For one I went there, have no clue of any exploit,,,I don't remember getting anything out of the ordinary,,,,and didn't have people ask me to come back for another run. Well mainly when I leave an unknown group I pretty much disappear anyway.

But , just WOW. If people have been reporting these bug exploits for a while , Why wait all this time for more and more people to know about it just so that they can get account banned with 4 dozen people at the same time? I just don't get it?

Aside from that, how are people using cheat engine anyway to cheat? Host side cheating is virtually easy and a 5 year old can do it, but server side? Is Zenimax's server really that vulnerable to cheat engine? Bad enough some of these so called ""Add-Ons"" are something I suspect to be cheats, especially underground ""Unshared"" add-ons that let you auto dodge everything that's tossed at you regarless if you're actually in the animation of rolling, in mid air, standing still, or A>>>F>>>K!!!!!! And I love the people that anti complain about auto dodge, I find now that it's probably the people using it that detest the most.

As for me, I'm finding doing dungeons, undaunted vets, and normal trials to be quite fun. And I may revisit the same area to try and farm sets or gear I want and I'm just waiting to get an invisible ban for something I don't even know if I'm doing wrong. Why would you do that? I'm sorry it just feels like bait to me. People report these things and it's not shut down right away, and takes a long time for something to happen but not before the people that love to exploit and cheat find out and take advantage.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No wonder fortified nirncrux prices are so dam low. I've seen an individual in the early morning hrs est in crag farming nodes.

My mount on the toon I was using is maxed, he was flying past me. Every time I'd hit a node he was opening it be for I could. His movements were way too fast, from riding to moving on foot to picking up a node.

So, I get to my next question, what is the point in this post? Why is it even open if nobody from zos makes a statement or reply? Why even post in it, other than to complain to other forum users? Just close it already.

If Zos won't say anything on any topic ever posted in here then there is no point to this at all. No statements on we are currently working on "X" to stop bots, to stop hackers, macro users, cheaters in general. This is only here so multiple topics or posts aren't opened.

Out of sight out of mind
    Edited by MajBludd on November 13, 2017 3:32AM
  • clfddmaj_ESO
    clfddmaj_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    You post this yet let people like Alcast make up stories and talk trash about the people that this happened to when he knows nothing. He is making up stories about those players that are not true and starting a witch hunt.
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bots north of riften at senche farm PC NA @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Nighn_9 on November 13, 2017 4:53AM
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm beginning to wonder how many of your friends were banned. The number of posts you've made defending them.
    They can always buy another copy of the game. At least ZOS didn't pass the exploitive players gamertag to Microsoft.
    That would've been a deathblow to a console.
    Because they also violated MS's TOS.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all of you that still somehow think programs like CE (Cheat Engine) do not work anymore in ESO, here's your wake-up call.

These screenshots were taken tonight, showing how easy it still is to change stats in this game.
    And this was done with a off the shelve debugging tool, no CE needed (!).

I went with 42,000,000 just to make a point. The answer to everything ...

post-2-1510551196.png

post-2-1510551252.png

ZOS, please, it's been 4 years ...
    sad.gif
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You post this yet let people like Alcast make up stories and talk trash about the people that this happened to when he knows nothing. He is making up stories about those players that are not true and starting a witch hunt.

I take it, you're one of the 34.
  • Voltranox
    Voltranox
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    For all of you that still somehow think programs like CE (Cheat Engine) do not work anymore in ESO, here's your wake-up call.

These screenshots were taken tonight, showing how easy it still is to change stats in this game.

post-2-1510551196.png

post-2-1510551252.png

sad.gif

WOW.
    And there it is.
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭

post-2-1510551196.png

post-2-1510551252.png

sad.gif
    Voltranox wrote: »

post-2-1510551196.png

post-2-1510551252.png

sad.gif

WOW.
    And there it is.

Apparently people claim that some people said that lots of other more subtle values are being changed with CE or othe 3rd party tools.

If someone has 100 million health, can't Zenni detect this though?
    I mean separate to other players reporting it.
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voltranox wrote: »

post-2-1510551196.png

post-2-1510551252.png

sad.gif

WOW.
    And there it is.

I read somewhere that someone said there are custom compiled versions of CE just for ESO, a) to make it work and b) to avoid detection.

Given we can see, of course, CE/3rd party memory manipulation still works as we suspected all along, and we have no details of how many players are getting banned for CE, my only assumption is that:

NOONE IS GETTING BANNED FOR CE/Memory manipulation!

and players 'in the know' who use CE/3rd party all know how to avoid detection.

Yet we have a breathtaking response with very specific details about permabans when some self-proclaimed personalities cry foul about a trial, which for the record has a horrific skin, and yes, a few lines achievement.
    Edited by StackonClown on November 13, 2017 8:32AM
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

For all the people quoting the TOS line by line, is the above video in violation of the TOS? just wondering
    Edited by StackonClown on November 13, 2017 8:47AM
This discussion has been closed.