The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cheating and Exploits

• Zaidtro
    Zaidtro
    ✭✭✭
    where can I report people using crit rush exploit to insta kill in cyro?

BG
    Z
    I never claimed to be a smallscaler ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolveman wrote: »
    On my profile page on my Xbox I have a few videos and trust me hard to fake this I seen a couple of daggerfell players who can not die at all as they where using god mode and one of these idiots showed it on YouTube he had his Xbox one connected to his pc they where side by side and showing others how to cheat .
    Now after talking to a customer service rep Microsoft they are aware and know that they are cheating .
    I spent a hour or so on the phone with Microsoft and gave them the games tag and this person also used that same gamer tag on his post on YouTube so Microsoft said that they have enough proof to do something about it .
    I don't mess around if i spot a cheater no matter what game and I can find physical evidence I will report that player .
    And yes this person was also using this on black ops 2 GTA 5 and eso .
    I was told by Microsoft to continue to report players and u will I don't enjoy doing it but a lot of those players do cheat and some are very abusive by verbal which I not only blocked them but sent a ticket and report to Xbox live .
    No one needs to deal with abusive player or players or cheaters my advice is if you see it report it other wise they keep doing it .
    On my profile page on my Xbox I have a few videos and trust me hard to fake this I seen a couple of daggerfell players who can not die at all as they where using god mode and one of these idiots showed it on YouTube he had his Xbox one connected to his pc they where side by side and showing others how to cheat .
    Now after talking to a customer service rep Microsoft they are aware and know that they are cheating .
    I spent a hour or so on the phone with Microsoft and gave them the games tag and this person also used that same gamer tag on his post on YouTube so Microsoft said that they have enough proof to do something about it .
    I don't mess around if i spot a cheater no matter what game and I can find physical evidence I will report that player .
    I was told by Microsoft to continue to report players and u will I don't enjoy doing it but a lot of those players do cheat and some are very abusive by verbal which I not only blocked them but sent a ticket and report to Xbox live .
    No one needs to deal with abusive player or players or cheaters my advice is if you see it report it other wise they keep doing it .

good that is what is wanted by them, xbox has a zero tolerance for it, it makes life so much easier
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaidtro wrote: »
    where can I report people using crit rush exploit to insta kill in cyro?

BG
    Z
    @Zaidtro generally via the report player option within the game.

However you would also need to 100% confirm this is an exploit and not just strong/good players using the mechanics legally.
    If you're aware of an exploit which can let someone kill players regardless of health via that skill you should bug report it as well as send a PM to various devs on these forums outlining the issue and how it's being abused.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

good that is what is wanted by them, xbox has a zero tolerance for it, it makes life so much easier

If Microsoft is as serious as Sony, you may have just bricked a console.
    ZOS can ban an account, MS can brick a console. That's a better outcome.
    Edited by kyle.wilson on September 18, 2017 11:13PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm ... I should probably be more careful to take names.

Last friday I and a group were having trouble in IC, four of us, 2 really strong experienced players, and this guy kept not only killing us, but no matter what we did, his health bar didn't budge.

Nobody is that good.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Voltranox
    Voltranox
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

Last friday I and a group were having trouble in IC, four of us, 2 really strong experienced players, and this guy kept not only killing us, but no matter what we did, his health bar didn't budge.

Nobody is that good.

I'm seeing more and more of this too. It's on the rise again.
    While there are some builds that are very tanky, there are many behaviors that stink.
    If they aren't hacking, then there are some very serious balance issues.

The key indicators are that the player will be practically unkillable (or take hardly any damage),
    hit with extremely high damage, seem to have no sustain issues, and dodge most attacks constantly.

I have been experimenting extensively with different builds and sets and skill combos for all my classes,
    and I am getting more and more knowledgeable about how they all work and the types of issues faced
    while using different builds. In all cases, there has been give-and-take. I have found that I can make a
    fairly balanced all-round build, but to really excel in one type of performance, something else will need
    to be sacrificed. I have yet to discover a build that does all things exceedingly well.

I come across it fairly regularly, and it can be any class of toon. They might be on their own, or in a small
    group, and I have seen them wade through a big group of experienced players. Often this behavior will have an
    impact on an entire campaign. PvP seems to be becoming hacker vs hacker. Players who don't hack 'need not apply'.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've seen some guys bringing down blocking in 3~5 attacks
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • necronyteub17_ESO
    necronyteub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The BEST way you can deal with these cheaters is to report them and do it MULTIPLE times.
    I found it very frustrating to report enemy players , the first time i ever tried.
    Getting their name and spelling it correctly from the combat log after you die { that is if they helped to kill you } is the easiest i suppose.

ZOS needs to take and active hardcore role in BANNING these people completly. If Zos cannot stop the Macro cheaters , at the very least they should crack down hard on the Hackers. To me they are basically the same and should be perma banned and GUID banned. Black list their credit card if they are a subscriber.

I also DO NOT support , keeping the peoples names secret that get banned for cheating. They should plaster that list ALL over the forums and on the front page. As for the criers that complain they got banned for no reason , well their name should stay on the Ban list , unless Zos finds in their favor and reinstates them.
    Then Zos can have a Vindicated list their name can go on and things will be fine.

TAKE OUT animation canceling and make it so if you cancel an animation , then the spell or skill it was attached to is also canceled. NOW you macro cheating dweebs can cry about that and get some REAL skill instead of claiming your uber skills and spam macros.
    Most everyone here has been insta killed by 6 attacks in a row from the same character in less then half a second. The game has turned into total BS , as far as pvp goes.
  • necronyteub17_ESO
    necronyteub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    On another note, do you ZOS even LOOK at some of the names these people put on their characters? I mean OMFG you try to spell that crap and get it correct.
    How about making an easier way to report someone ESPECIALLY IN PVP. No ones going to stand around and let you target them to be able to spell some of the trash they put in their names.

USE a little commen sense GEEZ. Im actually wondering if you even look at these reports considering we see the same people back doing it over and over.

Either you move slower then a sloth or you need some better developers to do a decent job.
  • Zerok
    Zerok
    ✭✭✭✭
    Voltranox wrote: »
    newtinmpls wrote: »

Nobody is that good.

I'm seeing more and more of this too. It's on the rise again.
    While there are some builds that are very tanky, there are many behaviors that stink.
    If they aren't hacking, then there are some very serious balance issues.

The key indicators are that the player will be practically unkillable (or take hardly any damage),
    hit with extremely high damage, seem to have no sustain issues, and dodge most attacks constantly.

I have been experimenting extensively with different builds and sets and skill combos for all my classes,
    and I am getting more and more knowledgeable about how they all work and the types of issues faced
    while using different builds. In all cases, there has been give-and-take. I have found that I can make a
    fairly balanced all-round build, but to really excel in one type of performance, something else will need
    to be sacrificed. I have yet to discover a build that does all things exceedingly well.

I come across it fairly regularly, and it can be any class of toon. They might be on their own, or in a small
    group, and I have seen them wade through a big group of experienced players. Often this behavior will have an
    impact on an entire campaign. PvP seems to be becoming hacker vs hacker. Players who don't hack 'need not apply'.
    I have seen the same thing. Basically, the guy had strong attack, strong defence, infinite sustain. A group of 12 was not able to kill him, even with CCs and roots...

On the Discord, a lot of people were saying that this was impossible. Some were saying he might have been using an unknown exploit and therefore it was not cheating.

Cheat or exploit, i does not seem fair to me.
    Zeerok (the sneaky ruffian) - LV50 Bosmer stamblade DPS (AD)
    Gontrand de Bourbon (the greedy aristocrat) - LV50 Breton magsorc tank (DC)
    Augustus Aquilarios (the imperial claimant) - LV50 Imperial stamDK PvP (EP)
    Zeerokk (the AD zealot) - LV50 Altmer magblade PvP (AD)
    Lianna Storm (the inferno maiden) - LV50 Dunmer magDK DPS (EP)
    Fights-With-Khajiit (the gullible faithful) - LV5 Argonian templar (EP)
    Miner'va (the skooma addict) - LV3 Khajiit sorcerer (AD) - chaotic neutral
    Siggy Thorvaldsson (the charismatic baroness) - LV50 Nord stamwarden tank (DC)
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thier are 2 types of people on the ESO forums...

1) The person who uses it for its true nature of what forums are supposed to be as stated in the TOS.

2) And the person who lives in the forums and tries to find stuff to troll,exploit,debate pointless topics,defend bugs, or broken, stuff and super fans of them.

So if you reply/debate/make factual statments to somebody and still get negative feedback.

Its ok.... thier the ones that need the unbalance.

My 2cents for the day :)
  • brettpenace
    brettpenace
    Soul Shriven
    let see if got everything from this thread:
    1. ZOZ wil only take any response with proof that someone is going against the EULA agreement;
    2. Even though most people in this thread are complaining about A.C., this is not a issue for ZOZ because the game engeneer (poor guy, beening crucified in this forum) video in 2015 on twitch saying they embrace this 'technique' as part of the game and this community wishes are not important.

I love the game. But treating us without giving any feedback make me feel losing time.
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just fought a DC Stamplar on Vivec PC NA who took zero dmg and used Dawnbreaker twice in under 5 seconds (and no, it wasn't a proc on my death recap... I watched him use it on another player before I was even close to him and then he used it on me).

*** YOU ZOS AND YOUR TOTAL DISREGARD FOR THE INTEGRITY OF PVP.
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of bots in zones with high density of node deposits, like Bal Foyen and Betnikh. Many times you'll report bots and they'll already have new ones the next day.

Very annoying and difficult to farm anymore for quick bucks. Probably a good reason for market fluctuations.
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • Voltranox
    Voltranox
    ✭✭✭
    I've still been sticking with this game like a bulldog, despite the problems.
    I have been reading and learning more about the combat mechanics,
    in order to understand how damage and damage mitigation works.

So, it appears that all damage in PvP is halved.
    Also, the most mitigation you can achieve is 50%.
    You would need to have very high defences to achieve 50%.
    Beyond that 50%, there are damage shields.

I was in Vivec Cyrodiil the other day, and I was attacking a character
    from the front 'balcony' of a keep. Only the two of us were there.
    He was standing still, using siege.

As part of my latest experiment in builds, I was trying to squeeze out
    some high damage from my magblade, using Rattlecage and War Maiden.
    My skills screen showed that my Funnel Health was worth about 8k,
    so presumably that's 4k damage in Cyrodiil.

I spammed Funnel Health on the guy for ages. I was amazed to see that
    only 300 points of damage was getting through each time, over and over.
    The character never moved, never cast any skills, and no one else around.

If my understanding of damage mitigation is correct, he should have been
    taking about 2000 damage per hit (with maximum mitigation), not 300.
    In the whole time this was happening, he never cast anything.

Later in that same session, I got hit by someone else's Funnel Health,
    and the non-crit damage was 7000. So that character's original non-Cyrodiil
    damage would have been in excess of 14,000? Taking my armor into account,
    probably more like 20,000 damage per shot.

This is not matching up with what I have been learning about the game system.
    Frustrating. Throw us a bone ZOS.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even though I put a discussion up about this in general chat, a gold seller made an appearance in zone chat this morning. Advertising their website. Not seen gold sellers in zone chat since 2014. Should we be surprised with all the bots around?
    Edited by phairdon on October 7, 2017 11:56AM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • 3Dsuper
    3Dsuper
    Soul Shriven
    I'm a pretty new player (~ 1.5 months) and have just begun to see the Bot/Afk/Macro/Script trains while questing in Grahtwood (Aldmeri Dominion) on the North America PC servers.

As a matter of fact, I just finished writing a report on what I saw going on in Karthdar a few nights ago while I was questing. It's disturbing, alarming and ultimately damaging to the overall product and customer experience if this is allowed to continue.

In my follow-up reply to the automated ESO staff reply (which verifies your report), I added a note where I explained that I also found a web link where people were reporting Bot/Afk/Scripted players back in July of this year - in that very same area.

The only way something will change is for us as players and customers to bring this issue to light by voicing our displeasure loudly and reporting it as much as possible. Through the proper channels, of course. With enough pressure, I believe ESO will employ a stronger effort to find a lasting solution to this problem which, admittedly, is not simple.

I understand the challenge, but as someone who works in the video game industry, it is certainly possible to implement stricter controls, checks and balances as well as "boots on the ground". Having staff actively participate in-game and apply TOS policy has been a tried and true system since the days when MUDs were the most popular form of MMO gaming.

We cannot sit idly by and allow people to do this because silence and apathy will only allow it to fester.

-3Dsuper
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    20:14 ! Time to report the same bots than 2 month ago ! let's go ... ( sometime i fell like i'm wasting my time ... maybe because it's the case )
  • Eriboss5
    Eriboss5
    ✭✭
    So what's the point of this thread, exactly? You're basically saying we can discuss disciplinary actions but we can't really discuss them because of your strict guidelines. It's kind of a pointless gesture to make IMO and kind of insulting. Just permaban cheaters, show us that they have been permabanned and be done with it. Anything less is unacceptable, and making threads to justify your lack of accountability is superfluous and doing nobody any favors. @ZOS_AlanG @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

SSSSH the mighty ZoS gods might ban you for being a non believer.
    Eriboss
  • Argah
    Argah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't think cheats exist on console but after reading here I must have have came across two the other day, outside a keep both were just standing there while everyone attacked them now and again they would move move kill someone and just stand there again, put it down to lag switching at the time.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think so many of these issues could just be very good players using the mechanics to the fullest vs cheats.

The problem that exposing cheat engine caused is that now everything which can't be explained at a glance is given the label of "cheat" then when those players are reported but found to not be cheating, they don't get a ban and everyone says ZOS does nothing.

As for bot reports, when you report them always take down ticket numbers and either PM them to some ZOS staff or make a thread with the ticket numbers and hopefully they get noticed.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So after multiple reports this guy still sells this many nirns a week

Q26jwOJ.jpg

YYiH15j.jpg
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on October 10, 2017 2:01PM
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

Q26jwOJ.jpg

YYiH15j.jpg

How the hell is he getting all that lol
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Q26jwOJ.jpg

YYiH15j.jpg

How the hell is he getting all that lol

Funny thing is he's selling nothing but crag material drops and ZoS won't do a thing about it, reported several times.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably as legit as the Aetherial Dust was, right? There is no item duplication in ESO. That at least is what ZOS tells us, although it's really hard to believe.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems legit to me LOL

I hope your not implying that there is some exploitation going on in ESO, LIES!!

Majority of the player base know to let this topic die as nothing is being done and ZoS don't reply to here, unless it is to remove your post as it shines a bad light on the game lol
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Q26jwOJ.jpg

YYiH15j.jpg

Wow. NA or EU?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Q26jwOJ.jpg

YYiH15j.jpg

Wow. NA or EU?

PC NA
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep if it walks like a duck looks like a duck smells like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a duck. That is telltale signs of mass botting.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep if it walks like a duck looks like a duck smells like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a duck. That is telltale signs of mass botting.

Except that Zos thinks it’s a seagull. Lol
This discussion has been closed.