Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cheating and Exploits

• StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    14 month anniversary of this thread - surprisingly little input from anyone at ZOS ?!
    But they pounce on other threads in minutes if required - strange
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_JessicaFolsom,

How many years will this thread remain open?

- since many topics discussed more than 1 year ago may not be relevant anymore as part of an active thread?!
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    Yep if it walks like a duck looks like a duck smells like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a duck. That is telltale signs of mass botting.

Except that Zos thinks it’s a seagull. Lol

No ZOS thinks it's a zebra.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what zos should be doing but they do not want to spend the money. Going after the people that makes the cheats like cheat engine and others.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/fortnite-publisher-epic-is-suing-two-alleged-cheaters/ar-AAtmOB5?ocid=spartandhp
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is what zos should be doing but they do not want to spend the money. Going after the people that makes the cheats like cheat engine and others.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/fortnite-publisher-epic-is-suing-two-alleged-cheaters/ar-AAtmOB5?ocid=spartandhp

Not really, the people that use them are more at fault
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

The people who reverse engineer the games are also at fault, just not for cheating.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The people who reverse engineer the games are also at fault, just not for cheating.

You mean all the addons? If they don't touch any game files its legit
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NO, I mean the people who reverse engineer the game so they can write programs to manipulate the game clients that are used for cheating.
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah like the one where it shows you where hidden players are, when they are launching their attack on you, tells you when a keep is under attack. Apparently that is an ''add-on''. Its not, its a cheat.

NO, I mean the people who reverse engineer the game so they can write programs to manipulate the game clients that are used for cheating.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrysa1is wrote: »
    Yeah like the one where it shows you where hidden players are, when they are launching their attack on you, tells you when a keep is under attack. Apparently that is an ''add-on''. Its not, its a cheat.

Some of what gets attributed to "add-ons" is done using cheat programs. It is hard to filter out B.S. from Fact here in the forum. People lie as part of thier own agenda. A few special ones lie very convincingly. Other people merely repeat what others say without understanding. There are people actually know what they are talking about. It is hard to tell who is who.

• jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up. Human being cheat, lie and steal....we suck. ZOS could do a better job but look at what happened to CSGO, the most popular games in the would. People caught cheating with CE in a competitive tournament. It's what we do...it's sad.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up. Human being cheat, lie and steal....we suck. ZOS could do a better job but look at what happened to CSGO, the most popular games in the would. People caught cheating with CE in a competitive tournament. It's what we do...it's sad.

Well to them they have an addiction of cheating and they automatically use cheat engine and the biggest exploit that majority of the people see in Elder Scrolls Online are infinite health hack and one kill hack when the majority of the community that knows software of cheat engine are always going to overwrite that as long as they see four different types of document information of that system to overwrite that system to make themselves feel better in the game because in reality majority of the people that have done it it's hard to catch them especially For A system that you can buy to make it look like you're not cheating. And people can't help it they're weak minded individuals that have addiction of cheating?
  • RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭

That's why I never play multiplayer games on my PC. It's a good feeling knowing that on console any death I get in PvP is not due to any form of cheating... though it's usually due to lag :D

But seriously cheating sucks and I'm glad that I moved away from PC multiplayer
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol nice to see that outpost flipping still goes on in the extra campaigns that we never wanted
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just dueled somebody who had an infinite shield. They held their shield the entire fight spamming abilities behind it. When I would take them down to a certain % they would seemingly auto-heal instantly to max.

They also would auto hold shield at a certain range. I'm 100% this was a bot/hack. Pathetic game
    Master Debater
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    Just dueled somebody who had an infinite shield. They held their shield the entire fight spamming abilities behind it. When I would take them down to a certain % they would seemingly auto-heal instantly to max.

They also would auto hold shield at a certain range. I'm 100% this was a bot/hack. Pathetic game

Did you report them?
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hamgatan wrote: »
    Is it possible to data inject against dodgeroll/bolt escape cooldowns? Or is it more likely someone froze their resource pool?

Reason I ask is I was outrun last night by a mag sorc who did no fewer than a dozen simultaneous bolt escapes.. one after another.. which should be theoretically impossible, no one has a mag pool of the size required to do that. Base cost of 3410, and then (3410 x 1.5) x 11 = 59,675k mag pool which wouldn't have been full either because they had popped lightning form just prior, meaning over 60k. Even with return and necropotence.. it's mathematically impossible to do that.

Plus, I was on my stam sorc orc with rapids/hurricane up/steed mundus/divines/speed pot/windrunning + dark stride/fiords... Nothing should be faster no?

As a PerSorc main, who in the past had a build (pre-Morrowind) that gave me almost 60k max magicka — the sorcerer you describe was almost definitely cheating/exploiting. What people fail to understand, is that when you do go about beefing your max magicka up to those absurdly high values — you sacrifice a lot. And when I say a lot? I mean a lot. Yes, it works wonders when it comes to making your wards strong. As well as increasing the base damage of your pets. But, it ultimately isn’t worth it in the end due to the cons outweighing the pros.
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    Report some cheater use Boot

Boot.png

• jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I have watched people streaming that could ride their mount, walk though keep doors and have block up all the time....don't know.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have watched people streaming that could ride their mount, walk though keep doors and have block up all the time....don't know.

I watched someone last night auto block for a split second the moment he walked over my volcanic rune and not take the knockup when it triggered, remember fire rune is not visible to the enemy any longer and I had set it down about 20 seconds earlier.

How could he have known where it "be at"? Just by looking at where "me at"? Who knows...lol

• Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So @ZOS_JessicaFolsom or @ZOS_GinaBruno

Any word on where "we at" with this gaping hole of an api?
  • JUSTAPHELLA
    JUSTAPHELLA
    ✭✭
    Nothing will be done of cheaters. Close thread.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing will be done of cheaters. Close thread.

Should just rename the entire title Cheaters Sanctum Online tbh.
  • olivesforge
    olivesforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you think you need outside programs to cheat in this game, you're well beyond what is necessary. I don't do it because it takes away all of the fun, but it seems like all manner of random things - transmute stones, weapon charge or even shoulders- might be exploitable. There's plenty of problems in the game that don't require outside intervention to help.

Then there's the not-hacks which people claim exist. You ran into a block-casting Transmutation Templar. Easy.

Or people who don't know the difference between developer-provided API, exploits and actual game hacking. This definition makes Miat's, Taos, Cyrodiil Alert, Sieged Keep, sidWarTools, CyrHUD, RaidNotifier - and the at least 190,000 players who use those addons all "cheaters." Which makes the entire argument meaningless.
    Dredlord wrote: »
    I watched someone last night auto block for a split second the moment he walked over my volcanic rune and not take the knockup when it triggered, remember fire rune is not visible to the enemy any longer and I had set it down about 20 seconds earlier.

How could he have known where it "be at"? Just by looking at where "me at"? Who knows...lol

You can still see people place the rune, and it wouldn't surprise me if the rune wasn't still visible sometimes, coding being what it is.

Part of the reason why ZOS can't fix every problem is that there is so much noise which makes them waste time tracking down things which aren't exploits. Less of that, and you'll see more real problems get fixed.

PCNA | Aldmeri Dominion
    OlivesForge / Swiss Army Templar | Twink of Insanity / Gankblade | Olivesisnotonfire / Annoying Sorc | E. Angus / Magicka Pigeon-Thrower | K. Angus / Stamina Pigeon-Thrower
    Personage of note in:
    Dominant Dominion | Ethereal Traders Union | Knights of the Istari | CoC | Cyrodiil FG
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you think you need outside programs to cheat in this game, you're well beyond what is necessary. I don't do it because it takes away all of the fun, but it seems like all manner of random things - transmute stones, weapon charge or even shoulders- might be exploitable. There's plenty of problems in the game that don't require outside intervention to help.

Then there's the not-hacks which people claim exist. You ran into a block-casting Transmutation Templar. Easy.

Or people who don't know the difference between developer-provided API, exploits and actual game hacking. This definition makes Miat's, Taos, Cyrodiil Alert, Sieged Keep, sidWarTools, CyrHUD, RaidNotifier - and the at least 190,000 players who use those addons all "cheaters." Which makes the entire argument meaningless.

You can still see people place the rune, and it wouldn't surprise me if the rune wasn't still visible sometimes, coding being what it is.

Part of the reason why ZOS can't fix every problem is that there is so much noise which makes them waste time tracking down things which aren't exploits. Less of that, and you'll see more real problems get fixed.

Blizzards team got alot smaller in WoW and yet they fix stuff instantly.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no doubt that the quality of the reporting is pretty low. Cheating is the "bogeyman" and people see it where ever they look, even if nothing is there. I does make it harder to chase down problems.
  • olivesforge
    olivesforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blizzards team got alot smaller in WoW and yet they fix stuff instantly.

Even if reduced (which makes sense given the loss of players and Destiny 2 release) that's still comparing apples to oranges. There's strong competition for second place amongst GW2, FFXIV and ESO and others, but WoW - also including the fact that it's a main focus for Activision/Blizzard as opposed to the side project ESO is - still outstrips ZOS's resources by a mile.

PCNA | Aldmeri Dominion
    OlivesForge / Swiss Army Templar | Twink of Insanity / Gankblade | Olivesisnotonfire / Annoying Sorc | E. Angus / Magicka Pigeon-Thrower | K. Angus / Stamina Pigeon-Thrower
    Personage of note in:
    Dominant Dominion | Ethereal Traders Union | Knights of the Istari | CoC | Cyrodiil FG
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised it took someone this long to mention that, I was expecting it much sooner so I noted the 20 second part and am certain the person did not see me place it. Also unlikely it was visible because I have been hit by it many times since the change and never saw the ground mark.
  • JUSTAPHELLA
    JUSTAPHELLA
    ✭✭
    WHY THE F DONT THEY HAVE GAMEMASTERS ONLINE THAT YOU DIRECT BOTTERS TOO.

ME: GAMEMASTER TELEPORT TO ME I GOT BOTTERS
    GAMEMASTER: ?
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHY THE F DONT THEY HAVE GAMEMASTERS ONLINE THAT YOU DIRECT BOTTERS TOO.

ME: GAMEMASTER TELEPORT TO ME I GOT BOTTERS
    GAMEMASTER: ?

bec crown crate development is more important - forget Game masters - they died long ago
This discussion has been closed.