Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[The Bug Notes] Compendium of current Bugs / Exploits

• Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • The Impregnable set's jewelry drops with incorrect traits / enchants combos, Robust jewelry have the Magicka recovery enchant while Arcane jewelry have the Stamina recovery enchant
    • Befoul's CP star increases the tooltip of the Major Vitality buff (and seemingly the actual effect, to be confirmed)
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Befoul's CP star increases the tooltip of the Major Vitality buff (and seemingly the actual effect, to be confirmed)

A friend of mine found this bug the second day of Morrowind.
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    one more achive bug:

you will receive the "battleground butcher" achievement and title even if your team lost, when another team won with correct score (500/<200/<200)
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Skip Queue for Cyrodiil PVP. Even with a locked queue, you can still enter.

You (EP) group up with a faction that is not locked (AD for example). That AD dude queues for you BAM 400 queue instantly pops and you are in. That way you can skip literally a queue of 400 people and also prolly cause huge imbalances as you still can enter EVEN THOUGH the faction has already reached the limit.

This has been around for ages. Did not test it myself, but I read some complaints about it so it prolly still works. (Maybe someone can confirm)
    Edited by Alcast on July 4, 2017 2:07PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

You (EP) group up with a faction that is not locked (AD for example). That AD dude queues for you BAM 400 queue instantly pops and you are in. That way you can skip literally a queue of 400 people and also prolly cause huge imbalances as you still can enter EVEN THOUGH the faction has already reached the limit.

This has been around for ages. Did not test it myself, but I read some complaints about it so it prolly still works. (Maybe someone can confirm)

Still Works
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

TinkerBell - Orc Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Aelin - Bosmer Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Prıncess - Dunmer - Mag NB - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Cher Lloyd - Dunmer - Sorc - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Luna Lovegøød - Dunmer - Templar - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Leíghton - Redguard - Stam DK - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's great that this is the fullest thread on the forums. A testament to just how many bugs exist in game. It's up to you now ZOS don't disappoint us.
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Assembly General (Halls of Fabrication) - As a Maintank it is possible to run away from his right hand knockback animation. If you then run back to him he will start it again since it is coded in a way that it must go through and is not possible to be avoided in any way. By keeping running away you can get the boss stuck in a loop of this knockback animation preventing him from doing anything else.

I don't see how this is an exploit.

Many enemies have the built in mechanic that causes them to retry completing a specific attack if they were out of ranged during some part of the attack channel. It just so happens that most enemies can catch up to the tank so the out of range strategy becomes inconsistent on those more mobile foes.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Face when no extended chains bug mention
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it is possible to despawn the mantikora on the serpent fight as shown here
    https://youtu.be/p4ARWv8Fd6o

This is another mechanic that applies to all of the enemies in the game. When an enemy cannot attack, find a path to it's target, or find a path back to it's spawn, then this happens.

I bet this would be a useful trick in a lot of other dungeons.
    Don't tank

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Puryfing light overwrites Power of the Light, resulting in no damage from POTL. Prolly same issue as Puryfing Light overwrites another Puryfing Light from another player if used on same target.

In this video, at 00:57 you see the POTL explode on the target, but no 25-26k damage (usually in the video it hits for 25-26k dmg). Check the timer of POTL on the right side over the bosses health bar and then pause it when it went off, no damage tick on the boss at 00:57. Most of time it works. Seems the last person that applies POTL/PL will get the damage.

https://youtu.be/-ZmMWD0CEIo?t=53s

CM from my buddy, he uses POTL every 10 seconds, so once every rotation. And you see, it got applied 12 times but only 7 times it exploded.
    d2b2800b60650e92e41642a7c2794b2f.png
    Edited by Alcast on July 6, 2017 12:25PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Puryfing light overwrites Power of the Light, resulting in no damage from POTL. Prolly same issue as Puryfing Light overwrites another Puryfing Light from another player if used on same target.

In this video, at 00:57 you see the POTL explode on the target, but no 25-26k damage (usually in the video it hits for 25-26k dmg). Check the timer of POTL on the right side over the bosses health bar and then pause it when it went off, no damage tick on the boss at 00:57. Most of time it works. Seems the last person that applies POTL/PL will get the damage.

https://youtu.be/-ZmMWD0CEIo?t=53s

From my tests it's the first person to apply PL that gets the damage. First person applies the damage store making the target immune to any subsequent damage stores, like someone trying to CC a target that already has been CC'd. I will test to see if PotL is working the same way.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if not mentioned already I have here two IC exploits (both reported, one of them including video material (incl. names of the offenders)):

- It is still possible to directly respawn at the location you got killed in IC.
    - It is possible to one-hit mobs in IC and let them instantly respawn, which lets you gain huge amounts of tv stones and keys.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/Mac Patch Notes v3.0.5 (Morrowind & Update 14)
    Piercing Javelin: Increased the knockback range of this ability and its morphs to 8 meters from 5 meters.
    My Aurora Javelin rank IV says 8 meters on toll tip, maybe they forgot to update the base skill tooltip lol

edit: Just checked Piercing Javelin rank IV tooltip also says 8 meters
    Edited by Zaldan on July 6, 2017 11:54AM
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dual Wield animation is bugged on Xbox and you wind up only seeing light/heavy attack animation. The skills all go off at once when you swap bars (like the old macro-slice bug)
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assembly General (Halls of Fabrication) - As a Maintank it is possible to run away from his right hand knockback animation. If you then run back to him he will start it again since it is coded in a way that it must go through and is not possible to be avoided in any way. By keeping running away you can get the boss stuck in a loop of this knockback animation preventing him from doing anything else.

I don't see how this is an exploit.

Many enemies have the built in mechanic that causes them to retry completing a specific attack if they were out of ranged during some part of the attack channel. It just so happens that most enemies can catch up to the tank so the out of range strategy becomes inconsistent on those more mobile foes.

He does not do anything else if you do this, completely negating all his other mechanics. I have talked to @ZOS_Finn about it and we are getting a fix on monday.

About chains - I added it. don't forget I deleted all old bugs and restarted from scratch. It was in there before.
    Edited by Xantaria on July 8, 2017 12:48PM
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not how it works. Should probably test yourself lol.
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't suppose you care for textual errors in this particular thread? Been seeing a couple here and there, although I realise they're comparatively trivial.
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ovinnik wrote: »
    I don't suppose you care for textual errors in this particular thread? Been seeing a couple here and there, although I realise they're comparatively trivial.

It's rather unimportant as those are not gamebreaking

• Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything should be up to date for now, although there is probably still a lot missing on this list. Let's see what fixes / new bugs we get today :D
    Edited by Xantaria on July 10, 2017 9:16AM

• Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Creeping Ravage health poisons only tick once, regardless of tooltip duration.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group Finder, Battlegrounds - Fixed or not? Let me know!

also a lot of other fixes today! Progress!

@InvitationNotFound I wonder if '•Fixed an issue where you could farm some groups of monsters in unintended ways.' is about the Tel Var farming Exploit in Imperial City.

@Asmael Also seems like your Poison Bug got fixed right away.

Everything updated for now.
    Edited by Xantaria on July 10, 2017 11:53AM

• Judgedread101071
    Judgedread101071
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if it's already in here but you can have both pets summoned without having them on your bar.
    Volatile familiar does his melle damage and the twilight is doing the "zap" ability once you attack a target.
    Also a friend of mine reported a player for having 2 volatile familiars at the same time and both doing pulse damage.
    If this is not game breaking i don't know what else to say!!
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if (and fervently hoping that) the point regarding removing quest items from inventory to not block progression will fix the "Can't start 'The List' quest" bug I've been fighting for the past month now.

You know, the one where Tappo's journal page doesn't actually -do- anything.

Will check it out when I can get in-game.

EDIT: No. No, it didn't. It still does absolutely nothing, no matter how many times you left-click it, and there's no right click option involving reading or using it. In other words, you still can't get the quest, because it's still broken.
    Edited by BrightOblivion on July 10, 2017 12:55PM
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if (and fervently hoping that) the point regarding removing quest items from inventory to not block progression will fix the "Can't start 'The List' quest" bug I've been fighting for the past month now.

You know, the one where Tappo's journal page doesn't actually -do- anything.

Will check it out when I can get in-game.

EDIT: No. No, it didn't. It still does absolutely nothing, no matter how many times you left-click it, and there's no right click option involving reading or using it. In other words, you still can't get the quest, because it's still broken.

I really wonder where exactly this quest is etc. I have done all quests in this game atleast I think I did. And this quest just doesn't ring a bell. I'm sure you tried restarting it ... just wondering if you are the only one having this issue.

Eidt: I checked your threads and found the information I was looking for. I see others are having the issue as well. I'm gonna add it.
    Edited by Xantaria on July 10, 2017 1:06PM

• Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if it's already in here but you can have both pets summoned without having them on your bar.
    Volatile familiar does his melle damage and the twilight is doing the "zap" ability once you attack a target.
    Also a friend of mine reported a player for having 2 volatile familiars at the same time and both doing pulse damage.
    If this is not game breaking i don't know what else to say!!

It is already in here and also how it is caused.

• BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    I really wonder where exactly this quest is etc. I have done all quests in this game atleast I think I did. And this quest just doesn't ring a bell. I'm sure you tried restarting it ... just wondering if you are the only one having this issue.

Eidt: I checked your threads and found the information I was looking for. I see others are having the issue as well. I'm gonna add it.

Thank you. And I'm sorry my post comes off as grouchy (at least to me). I'm just really frustrated with this. The exact location is north of Farragut in the EP section of Cyrodiil. I even checked the guide here (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_List) to make sure there wasn't a prerequisite quest I was missing (it's happened before), but there doesn't appear to be.

What really bugs me is that, because I can't actually start the quest (because the item is bugged), I can't even use the quest support system thing, and the options regarding items are along the lines of "I'm missing crowns," "I'm having problems with a crown store item," "I lost my item," "I can't get the item I need/want" - none of which are accurate.

What probably bugs the lore hounds is that, because the item is bugged, they can't get (or at least I don't think they can get) the Eidetic Memory item "It's the Hunt that Counts." Because that's what the Journal Page actually is.
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. And I'm sorry my post comes off as grouchy (at least to me). I'm just really frustrated with this. The exact location is north of Farragut in the EP section of Cyrodiil. I even checked the guide here (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_List) to make sure there wasn't a prerequisite quest I was missing (it's happened before), but there doesn't appear to be.

What really bugs me is that, because I can't actually start the quest (because the item is bugged), I can't even use the quest support system thing, and the options regarding items are along the lines of "I'm missing crowns," "I'm having problems with a crown store item," "I lost my item," "I can't get the item I need/want" - none of which are accurate.

What probably bugs the lore hounds is that, because the item is bugged, they can't get (or at least I don't think they can get) the Eidetic Memory item "It's the Hunt that Counts." Because that's what the Journal Page actually is.

I see ... I wonder if the quest worked in the past and I did it long ago, I will have to check now anyways.
    Edited by Xantaria on July 10, 2017 1:22PM

• Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar's Restoring Light skill line passive Master Ritualist gives same benefit when you spend 1 or 2 skill points.
    Gives you a 50% chance to fill an empty Soul Gem after each successful resurrection.
    Although this is a very situational passive it still makes no sense why it should have identical properties whether you spend one or two skill points.
    masterritualist.png
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exploits and cheats should NOT be posted to general forums, this will spread the exploits to other players. No one in the forums can help fix or stop these issues, you need to use the in game report function or contact ZOS directly such as via PM.

I repeat: posting cheats and exploits to public forums here is a very bad idea will make the issues worse - it's literally explained in the first stickied post if you care to read it.
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exploits and cheats should NOT be posted to general forums, this will spread the exploits to other players. No one in the forums can help fix or stop these issues, you need to use the in game report function or contact ZOS directly such as via PM.

I repeat: posting cheats and exploits to public forums here is a very bad idea will make the issues worse - it's literally explained in the first stickied post if you care to read it.

Wrong. This thread spreads awareness around mechanics that are not working as intended for both the players and the developers. And if you go through the thread you will see the positive responses from ZOS going through all the issues and giving feedback to them. The Exploits explained here are of the 'harmless' not bannable kind and no gold exploits etc. Those more delicate exploits will still be mentioned but with the note that ZOS can contact me, or the person with knowledge about it directly for more information. I have direct contact to ZOS and we can get them aware of issues and get fixes faster, especially if it is something extremely gamebreaking. Very often ZOS doesn't know about exploits since the elite that knows them keeps them secret. This thread works as an instrument against that. But in general this thread mainly compiles bugs into one thread. Exploits are the minority.

This thread was maintained for many months and started almost two years ago. Never has it received a negative response from ZOS side.

A lot of the issues mentioned in this thread are getting fixes in Horns of the Reach. I will try to update everything as soon as I know if the fixes work.
    Edited by Xantaria on July 11, 2017 6:33AM