• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

[The Bug Notes] Compendium of current Bugs / Exploits

• Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VoiDGhOs7 wrote: »
    Xantaria wrote: »
    Fall damage is everywhere (maybe it was mentioned, I didn't check all the pages) in Cyrodiil. Some people put a lot of Volcanic Runes on the ground until people die because of fall damage. Also meteor causes the same problem, no matter where you are, no matter how flat is the ground. It should be fixed.

I remember they had multiple fixes directed to those issues. I'll add it if this is still a thing.

It is definitely still a thing. I have about a dozen screen shots of 50-60k fall damage within the last week.

God damnit :S

Yes,fall damage bug from Meteor+Morphs is still in game, two days ago I got a Meteor in face and my death recap showed 48k fall damage.

I think the bug is related to being on stairs while getting hit by Meteor(and maybe because of lag+meteor spam make it happen but I don't have any proof about it) since if I get hit while on normal ground the fall damage doesn't appear on death recap.But then again who knows how it works.

The bug of taking DoT damage before the meteor actually hits you is still in game too.
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar
    CP160 Blazing Shield Templar

EP Loyalist
    Options
  • Fasold666
    Fasold666
    ✭✭✭
    Fasold666 wrote: »
    You have it on the list already but I just want to post it again here. Maybe some more people struggling with that bug can post in my thread so ZOS might fix it one day...

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/221681/zos-ignoring-game-breaking-bug-no-progress-in-fighters-mages-guild-skill-line#latest
    i've been watching your thread for a while ... really hope you will get somewhere with it soon. :S

Thank you. I appreciate that. I hope the same for all the other bugs reducing the fun in the game atm.
    Oh, and keep up the good work! I really like that compendium of the current bugs and exploits.
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fall damage is everywhere (maybe it was mentioned, I didn't check all the pages) in Cyrodiil. Some people put a lot of Volcanic Runes on the ground until people die because of fall damage. Also meteor causes the same problem, no matter where you are, no matter how flat is the ground. It should be fixed.

I remember they had multiple fixes directed to those issues. I'll add it if this is still a thing.

It is definitely still a thing. I have about a dozen screen shots of 50-60k fall damage within the last week.

Yes,fall damage bug from Meteor+Morphs is still in game, two days ago I got a Meteor in face and my death recap showed 48k fall damage.

I think the bug is related to being on stairs while getting hit by Meteor(and maybe because of lag+meteor spam make it happen but I don't have any proof about it) since if I get hit while on normal ground the fall damage doesn't appear on death recap.But then again who knows how it works.

The bug of taking DoT damage before the meteor actually hits you is still in game too.

afaik this can only happen with shooting star rank 1
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

afaik this can only happen with shooting star rank 1

I know rank 1 was the missing animation; never knew it had anything to do with the early DoT dmg. Seems to happen too often to be coincidental that every time I am hit by a r1 meteor, tho I guess it is entirely possible.
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar

EP Loyalist
    Options
  • zoltarg
    zoltarg
    I have seen at least three mount related visual bugs consistently, but I don't know how to initiate them.
    • Riding a mount and having your lower body glitch from side to side of the mount, jumping fixes it.
    • Stuck in riding animation after dismount and appearing to ride halfway submerged in the ground.
    • While other players are moving on their mount they appear to be running in place on top of their mount

Great thread!
    Options
  • ralonasan
    ralonasan
    ✭✭✭✭
    More bugs than content.

RIP
    The ESO Forum Common Complaint Checklist: ☑
    ☐ Nerf/Buff Sorcerers.
    ☐ Nerf/Buff Nightblades.
    ☐ Nerf/Buff Dragonknights.
    ☐ Nerf/Buff Templars.
    ☐ THIS IS P2W!
    ☐ L2P n00b.
    ☐ Where is the LOL button??
    ☐ Fix PvP lag.
    ☐ LFG is full of scrubs.
    ☐ WHEN WILL YOU ADD CONSOLE TEXT CHAT?
    ☐ WHEN ARE ARENAS COMING?
    ☐ Natch Potes.
    ☐ Nerf Veteran Maelstrom Arena.
    ☐ Race Change ETA?
    ☐ Please add the Barber Shop!
    ☐ Why don't Trials scale?
    ☐ Working as intended.
    ☐ Why did you nerf/buff this?
    ☐ When will "thing" be added?
    Options
  • TwoFingersInCider
    Hey Xanti,

Inner rage/ fire is still bugged. Sometimes after 5 seconds the taunt just dissapeares sometimes u activate the boss but the taunt doesnt apply at all. this can have some annoying consequences. Also when Inner rage / fire is cast it sometimes sheets my sword and shield.

I can confirm this. I thought I was the only one :smile: I also think puncture sometimes do this for some boss.

I'm not sure if this issue is totally taunting fault. What seems to happen is that if a boss fight is failed, then the boss resets like normal, but will then abnormally instantly reset a single time after the first action of some future pulls.

This used to happen a lot when doing vdsa and the way we found around it was to open the fight with a light attack followed up with a taunt.That ensursed zero confusion about whether or not the taunt worked. This has been a bug for so very long.

(@wrobel , it turns out that players recasting taunt and feeling that taunt was broken was because of this issue and targeting being terrible - it wasn't just that people couldn't count to 15.)

No I wasn't even recasting taunt often.. Always recasting it between 10-12s mark.. And yes doing vdsa sometimes bosses or adds not aggroing for some reason after taunt.. I don't know if was a taunt bug or specified skills.. But if anyone here plays tank roll like me ;). Please can your double check/confirm if it was taunting/aggro problems or taunting skill problem.. Try it on WGT bosses too specially the first boss... Cause sometimes I taunt her after a few secs(around 5s long) I lose aggro.. I have to reapplied again thus wasting my precious stamina.. Need that stamina for infinite blockage :).. And yes I can also concern that the necrotic orb magicka morph doesn't gives mana sometimes.. And yes sometimes I use that skill to help my teammate..in this meta you don't need to be full tank.. Honestly I only use 5 skill abilities for my tank (and support ability like aggressive warhorn as my ultimate) 1st skill bar.. 2nd skill bar is all utility/support for my dps...

Anyways were getting further away from the topic.. But you get my idea :)
    Options
  • Kippesnikke
    Kippesnikke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Xanti,

Inner rage/ fire is still bugged. Sometimes after 5 seconds the taunt just dissapeares sometimes u activate the boss but the taunt doesnt apply at all. this can have some annoying consequences. Also when Inner rage / fire is cast it sometimes sheets my sword and shield.

I can confirm this. I thought I was the only one :smile: I also think puncture sometimes do this for some boss.

I'm not sure if this issue is totally taunting fault. What seems to happen is that if a boss fight is failed, then the boss resets like normal, but will then abnormally instantly reset a single time after the first action of some future pulls.

This used to happen a lot when doing vdsa and the way we found around it was to open the fight with a light attack followed up with a taunt.That ensursed zero confusion about whether or not the taunt worked. This has been a bug for so very long.

(@wrobel , it turns out that players recasting taunt and feeling that taunt was broken was because of this issue and targeting being terrible - it wasn't just that people couldn't count to 15.)

No I wasn't even recasting taunt often.. Always recasting it between 10-12s mark.. And yes doing vdsa sometimes bosses or adds not aggroing for some reason after taunt.. I don't know if was a taunt bug or specified skills.. But if anyone here plays tank roll like me ;). Please can your double check/confirm if it was taunting/aggro problems or taunting skill problem.. Try it on WGT bosses too specially the first boss... Cause sometimes I taunt her after a few secs(around 5s long) I lose aggro.. I have to reapplied again thus wasting my precious stamina.. Need that stamina for infinite blockage :).. And yes I can also concern that the necrotic orb magicka morph doesn't gives mana sometimes.. And yes sometimes I use that skill to help my teammate..in this meta you don't need to be full tank.. Honestly I only use 5 skill abilities for my tank (and support ability like aggressive warhorn as my ultimate) 1st skill bar.. 2nd skill bar is all utility/support for my dps...

i have the same. sometimes after 5 seconds i loose taunt. especially with inner rage
    PC-EU-EP
    Northborn DK tank
    Hodor
    Pandora's Promise
    vMoL cleared on VR16 #World1st
    Worlds #1 vMoL speed run [VR16]
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My speed buff from Rapid Maneuvres is being cancelled by Repentance. I don't find any reason why it should be happening.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
    Options
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »
    My speed buff from Rapid Maneuvres is being cancelled by Repentance. I don't find any reason why it should be happening.

Think it always cancelled Rapid Maneuvre. I know it did already back in 1.6. Probably prior to that as well. No clue why using Repentance counts as attacking though. It's kinda stupid.
    Options
  • Iove
    Iove
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I complete some story quests I get insta death from fall damage when I never fell.

Most often happens after finishing cold harbour tutorial and loading into the start where you see prophet projection. Loads you in and you die instantly for no apparent reason. Seems to happen 2/3 times. I love the tutorial, don't ask XD

Also had it happen on the level 20 quest during Mannimarco fight. That's so far. Will update if I notice it further.
    Options
  • TwoFingersInCider
    Hey Xanti,

i have the same. sometimes after 5 seconds i loose taunt. especially with inner rage

Yea something wrong with inner rage morph
    Options
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PS4, I just started leveling my legerdemain on a toon. It is lvl 4. I just stole and sold 110 items, plus fenced another 12 or so items. My legerdemain barely moved...went from like 4 1/4 to barely 5. In the past, the first few days of stealing and selling 110 items would cause legerdemain to level very quickly, slowing down only at the higher ranks. Not sure if this is a ninja nerf in preparation for Thieves guild or if it is a bug??

Will create a separate thread for this in hopes of highlighting it to ZOS
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar

EP Loyalist
    Options
  • AddictionX
    AddictionX
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Multiple Mundus Stones (General): Yes, this is still a thing. I know exactly how it works and I know 2 people who have accumulated multiple Mundus Stones (one with 7, one with 3) and also watched them while they did it. It's a weird Exploit because it doesn't work on all characters. At this point I do not know which requirements the character used for this Exploit needs to meet but I know how to do it if your character does meet them."

An emphasis on this please. If you know this exploit, we understand you probably wont share as you want to keep it under wraps but its a little late now let it be known.
    Edited by AddictionX on February 4, 2016 8:36PM
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AddictionX wrote: »
    "Multiple Mundus Stones (General): Yes, this is still a thing. I know exactly how it works and I know 2 people who have accumulated multiple Mundus Stones (one with 7, one with 3) and also watched them while they did it. It's a weird Exploit because it doesn't work on all characters. At this point I do not know which requirements the character used for this Exploit needs to meet but I know how to do it if your character does meet them."

An emphasis on this please. If you know this exploit, we understand you probably wont share as you want to keep it under wraps but its a little late now let it be known.

I'm not using it and I won't tell players how to do it.

Options
  • AddictionX
    AddictionX
    ✭✭✭✭

on the topic of the 7 plus mundus stone exploit:

What happens when a select few exploit it? What happens is that it never gets addressed.

When you think its a matter of pride just because you do not use it, does not mean others who do not care about anything but winning- will still abuse it and it will continue to be a problem. Take a look at the bigger picture instead of just yourself.

Just because some do not want to share how to do it because they know everyone will use it but guess what will happen as a result if more people start abusing it... it gets fixed. Withholding the information from the rest then its almost like you're in agreement with the exploit. Think about it... and think ahead. I will make sure once i do figure out how to do it ill make sure everyone knows about it, my end goal is that it will get fixed and addressed because it catches the attention of the right people. It also catches the attention of many people which in turn forces it to get fixed.

Some times i wonder why some people do not think this way, instead think of their own pride and themselves but its understandable. I aim to make this a better community, so be it if you do not contribute.
    Edited by AddictionX on February 4, 2016 9:51PM
    Options
  • Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭

That makes little to no sense ..... we all know the track record ..... if you want bugs fixed you post them :)

Edit: I don't believe you.
    Edited by Rayste on February 4, 2016 9:49PM
    The Teach - AD Templar
    Options
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What happens when a select few exploit it? What happens is that it never gets addressed.

When you think its a matter of pride just because you do not use it, does not mean others who do not care about anything but winning- will still abuse it and it will continue to be a problem. Take a look at the bigger picture instead of just yourself.

Just because some do not want to share how to do it because they know everyone will use it but guess what will happen as a result if more people start abusing it... it gets fixed. Withholding the information from the rest then its almost like you're in agreement with the exploit. Think about it... and think ahead. I will make sure once i do figure out how to do it ill make sure everyone knows about it, my end goal is that it will get fixed and addressed because it catches the attention of the right people. It also catches the attention of many people which in turn forces it to get fixed.

Some times i wonder why some people do not think this way, instead think of their own pride and themselves but its understandable. I aim to make this a better community, so be it if you do not contribute.
    Rayste wrote: »
    That makes little to no sense ..... we all know the track record ..... if you want bugs fixed you post them :)

So, you both argue that even tho a member of the ZOS team has already chimed in on this exploit and said they are researching and addressing it now, that we (collective community) should put the information out so that you both, and others, can use the exploit...in an effort to get it addressed?!?!

I hope you both figure out how to do it, and I hope you both get banned when ZOS patches out the exploit.
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar

EP Loyalist
    Options
  • AddictionX
    AddictionX
    ✭✭✭✭

So, you both argue that even tho a member of the ZOS team has already chimed in on this exploit and said they are researching and addressing it now, that we (collective community) should put the information out so that you both, and others, can use the exploit...in an effort to get it addressed?!?!

I hope you both figure out how to do it, and I hope you both get banned when ZOS patches out the exploit.

So, instead of missing my point entirely and asking a question that had a presumption built into it so that it couldn't be answered without appearing guilty is the definition of a logical fallacy.

I will argue its been a problem for awhile now, and I wonder if it has taken the priority it deserves.

I do not understand why you would wish bad things on people who want it fixed but that's fine. I guess random people's integrity is questionable. You seem to have taken offense where none was given.
    Edited by AddictionX on February 4, 2016 10:49PM
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I would use it if I could but my character does not meet the requirements. Better? :)

I and others ahve made big threads about it just search for 'Multiple Mundus Stones'.
    Edited by Xantaria on February 5, 2016 12:45AM

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The bug is acknowledged due to a *** of effort from my side and a big post about it with a lot of support from everyone. I don't think I am the one who has to do more. It's in ZOS hands at this point. I won'T tell everybody how to abuse this because it is on the way to getting fixed.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/244197/multiple-mundus-stones/p1
    Edited by Xantaria on February 5, 2016 12:48AM

Options
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good news for this thread. new patch comming up. who is looking forward to the new bugs!
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artjuh90 wrote: »
    good news for this thread. new patch comming up. who is looking forward to the new bugs!

hihi I will not update this thread for the first 1-2 weeks butr then I wil go through all the new bugs.

Options
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artjuh90 wrote: »

hihi I will not update this thread for the first 1-2 weeks butr then I wil go through all the new bugs.

metalica even made a song about it
    sad but true :'(
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if these are notes you'll put up, but it's to do with the group finder.

Preformed (full 4 man) groups who queue for a random (vet or normal) dungeon will not be given a dungeon instantly as intended. I personally waited 20 minutes with a group for a random veteran dungeon. Once complete, we disbanded group, and tried for a random normal dungeon, this time the way was just over 8 minutes long. Yes, we had the correct group composition.

It's also a known bug (ZOS post here) that some preformed groups are not receiving their rewards.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, this thread would be an absolute nightmare to try to update and maintain at the moment. Pretty sure @Xantaria will wait till the dust settles before trying to begin tracking the newest iteration of bugs and exploits (let alone the myriad of remaining ones).
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar

EP Loyalist
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    GJ ZOS, you banned the only dude that kept track of your bugs from the forum.

https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    I'm seeing a few bugs;
    -Heavy server lag since the Thieves Guild patch. It's now got to a point is unplayable (for me, anyway). One time I was running in place while preforming the Critical Rush ability.

-When using Wrecking Blow, the mob will sometimes take 2-3 seconds before preforming the knockback animation (caused by lag).
    Edited by Benie on March 16, 2016 9:06PM
    --Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
    Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
    Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
    Options
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

Uh Oh
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar

EP Loyalist
    Options
  • Hjelmerina
    Hjelmerina
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ UNBAN OR RIOT ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨
    PC EU // Guild: Hodor
    ╭∩╮◕ل͜◕)
    Options