Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

[The Bug Notes] Compendium of current Bugs / Exploits

• Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usara wrote: »
    Since Tuesday, Necrotic/Mystic Orb doesn't give back magicka anymore when the synergy is used (only the Undaunted Command gives back magicka).

We tested it with different persons, different classes, levels, morphed and unmorphed, in dungeons and outside (PC)

Oh God, please No, No ... Noooo ...
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
  • TwoFingersInCider
    Bug after 2.2.9 update
    I can not reproduce this bug but it happened :tongue:
    If weapon is holstered walking is normal, if not walking is weird ... see for yourself anyway :smile:
    The problem seems to be when you try to walk by pressing W and A or W and D simultaneously.

https://youtu.be/F0fVvYzxETU

Moonwalk! :open_mouth:
  • RatedChaotic
    RatedChaotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    27 pages of bugs. I'm quiting ESO. Been playing Division beta and loving it. So long ESO. Got my moneys worth atleast. Thought you could be a 5+ year game for me but after all these bugs and pvp lag. I cant support a company that thinks dlc's and giving a million away is more important than fixing their game.

My 13 yr old is in a robotics and technologies class and they are making a video game. Does he need to come help you? Wouldn't let him anyway. Later. (door hits butt) mmmmm (runs for wifey time)

Uninstall time now
    Edited by RatedChaotic on January 29, 2016 6:56AM
  • pandoraderomanus
    pandoraderomanus
    ✭✭✭
    Fall damage is everywhere (maybe it was mentioned, I didn't check all the pages) in Cyrodiil. Some people put a lot of Volcanic Runes on the ground until people die because of fall damage. Also meteor causes the same problem, no matter where you are, no matter how flat is the ground. It should be fixed.
    PC-EU since 2014

Touches-Your-Tralala - retired lizardina-templar
    Pandora Morgenstern - noob orc-stamsorc
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fall damage is everywhere (maybe it was mentioned, I didn't check all the pages) in Cyrodiil. Some people put a lot of Volcanic Runes on the ground until people die because of fall damage. Also meteor causes the same problem, no matter where you are, no matter how flat is the ground. It should be fixed.

I remember they had multiple fixes directed to those issues. I'll add it if this is still a thing.

• Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »

I remember they had multiple fixes directed to those issues. I'll add it if this is still a thing.

It is definitely still a thing. I have about a dozen screen shots of 50-60k fall damage within the last week.
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar
    CP160 Blazing Shield Templar

EP Loyalist
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is definitely still a thing. I have about a dozen screen shots of 50-60k fall damage within the last week.

God damnit :S

• Kippesnikke
    Kippesnikke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Xanti,

Inner rage/ fire is still bugged. Sometimes after 5 seconds the taunt just dissapeares sometimes u activate the boss but the taunt doesnt apply at all. this can have some annoying consequences. Also when Inner rage / fire is cast it sometimes sheets my sword and shield.
    PC-EU-EP
    Northborn DK tank
    Hodor
    Pandora's Promise
    vMoL cleared on VR16 #World1st
    Worlds #1 vMoL speed run [VR16]
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since Tuesday, Necrotic/Mystic Orb doesn't give back magicka anymore when the synergy is used (only the Undaunted Command gives back magicka).

We tested it with different persons, different classes, levels, morphed and unmorphed, in dungeons and outside (PC)

Indeed.

We first wondered why we had had so much issues with magicka. Being a user of Cloud Combat addon with the returning Magicka displayed, it was easy to narrow it down when I saw I had no magicka return (besides the Undaunted Command) when using the synergy in the middle of a pack.

We tested further afterwards and it has been confirmed by all of its users in our guild.

I am surprised no one mentioned it though, since Necrotic Orbs has become such a powerful sustain magicka tool in PvE for months now.
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭

Yes yesterday in cyro i have fall dmg from meteor 38k. 5 time.
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
  • TwoFingersInCider
    Hey Xanti,

Inner rage/ fire is still bugged. Sometimes after 5 seconds the taunt just dissapeares sometimes u activate the boss but the taunt doesnt apply at all. this can have some annoying consequences. Also when Inner rage / fire is cast it sometimes sheets my sword and shield.

I can confirm this. I thought I was the only one :smile: I also think puncture sometimes do this for some boss.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Xanti,

I can confirm this. I thought I was the only one :smile: I also think puncture sometimes do this for some boss.

I'm not sure if this issue is totally taunting fault. What seems to happen is that if a boss fight is failed, then the boss resets like normal, but will then abnormally instantly reset a single time after the first action of some future pulls.

This used to happen a lot when doing vdsa and the way we found around it was to open the fight with a light attack followed up with a taunt.That ensursed zero confusion about whether or not the taunt worked. This has been a bug for so very long.

(@wrobel , it turns out that players recasting taunt and feeling that taunt was broken was because of this issue and targeting being terrible - it wasn't just that people couldn't count to 15.)
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Xanti,

I'm not sure if this issue is totally taunting fault. What seems to happen is that if a boss fight is failed, then the boss resets like normal, but will then abnormally instantly reset a single time after the first action of some future pulls.

This used to happen a lot when doing vdsa and the way we found around it was to open the fight with a light attack followed up with a taunt.That ensursed zero confusion about whether or not the taunt worked. This has been a bug for so very long.

(@wrobel , it turns out that players recasting taunt and feeling that taunt was broken was because of this issue and targeting being terrible - it wasn't just that people couldn't count to 15.)

I think he is talking about a different issue happening during the fight not on the pull.
    Edited by Xantaria on January 29, 2016 12:12PM

• Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Xanti,

I think he is talking about a different issue happening during the fight not on the pull.

I'm not sure he is. With certain add ons, it is clear the boss resets (you clearly see Enter Combat/Left Combat/Enter Combat) and thus is cleansed of the taunt, though if people are close enough, fight has begun, and the boss then runs where he wants.

Some bosses resets way more often than others (Hiath the Battlemaster and the Flesh Sculptor come instantly to mind) and it happens regularly on a lot of others bosses/enemies (Lord Warden and Crematorium Daedroths are certainly in the top-ten list)
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Xanti,

I'm not sure he is. With certain add ons, it is clear the boss resets (you clearly see Enter Combat/Left Combat/Enter Combat) and thus is cleansed of the taunt, though if people are close enough, fight has begun, and the boss then runs where he wants.

Some bosses resets way more often than others (Hiath the Battlemaster and the Flesh Sculptor come instantly to mind) and it happens regularly on a lot of others bosses/enemies (Lord Warden and Crematorium Daedroths are certainly in the top-ten list)

I (and he too) know about that and also avoid it by taunting multiple times at the start just in case you get that left combat message. I am talking with him on a daily basis and as I said, he means something else. I haven't experienced it myself because I haven't been tanking in a while.

• Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    snip

Okay, my bad ^^

• EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭

Indeed.

We first wondered why we had had so much issues with magicka. Being a user of Cloud Combat addon with the returning Magicka displayed, it was easy to narrow it down when I saw I had no magicka return (besides the Undaunted Command) when using the synergy in the middle of a pack.

We tested further afterwards and it has been confirmed by all of its users in our guild.

I am surprised no one mentioned it though, since Necrotic Orbs has become such a powerful sustain magicka tool in PvE for months now.

So Mystic Orbs are supposed to give magicka back instantly, then additional magicka over time based on the number of enemies hit. We've noticed that it doesn't return anything if there are no enemies/not in combat. Have you tested whether it is the immediate magicka return or the return-over-time (or indeed both) that are broken? Have you tested this in combat ensuring at least 1 mob is hit by the orb before the synergy is performed. I worry Combat Cloud may not show it properly, so perhaps you could drain your magicka and watch the recovery rate (or calculate this from your character sheet), then do the same after a Mystic Orb synergy to see if the recovery rate is faster. I'll perform these tests myself when I next log just in case.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind
  • Kippesnikke
    Kippesnikke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Xanti,

im talking about in fight.
    PC-EU-EP
    Northborn DK tank
    Hodor
    Pandora's Promise
  • ral
    ral
    ✭✭✭
    The only bugs worth fixing are the ones that breaks a class. Other than that, I rather see zenimax focus on fixing the lags and getting a pvp arena soon.
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    EgoRush wrote: »

Indeed.

So Mystic Orbs are supposed to give magicka back instantly, then additional magicka over time based on the number of enemies hit. We've noticed that it doesn't return anything if there are no enemies/not in combat. Have you tested whether it is the immediate magicka return or the return-over-time (or indeed both) that are broken? Have you tested this in combat ensuring at least 1 mob is hit by the orb before the synergy is performed. I worry Combat Cloud may not show it properly, so perhaps you could drain your magicka and watch the recovery rate (or calculate this from your character sheet), then do the same after a Mystic Orb synergy to see if the recovery rate is faster. I'll perform these tests myself when I next log just in case.

The tooltip is not clear whether it is the instant return or the return over time that depends on enemies hit ("Plus magicka based on number of enemies hit") but for me, I used to understand it as an instant return ?
    And I guess my previous post was not clear but when I say "tested", I indeed meant on enemies. We simply did our tests while daily-ing, and I tested later on a jackal pack in Raidlorn.

Edit : Okay I tested it more thoroughly today. I even recorded my test to look at the numbers more closely.
    Good news : Mystic Orb is not as bugged as I thought.
    Bad news: something definitely changed since Tuesday.
    So the regen works (and Combat Cloud do give the numbers) and you were right Oriantha, it's the regen that is increased with the number of ennemies. The "instant" return behaves very very strangely though.

I won't upload the video because it would need edition to see the interesting part, and I'm soooo lazyyyy, please don't ask me :(
    But here is what I observed :

Mystic Orb on one enemy :
    Mystic Orb used at time X (I'm at 47% magicka - 20.668k).
    Friend uses synergy at X+2 seconds (I'm at 49% - 21.474k - "natural regen" tick)
    Magicka return proc at X+4seconds (61% - 26766k --> I won 4410 (Mystic Orb instant) + 882 (first tick of Mystic Orb regen)

The "instant" return now proc with the first tick of the regen (2 seconds AFTER the synergy was used) - so 2 seconds after the Undaunted Command return too. It used to be when the synergy was used, so of course, Undaunted Command + instant return + first tick was a lot of magicka return at the same second, and it seemed a lot more.

For the second test, I wanted a lot of enemies, so we could see the difference.
    Being in Whrotgar (and of course not having a sign above my head - TEST DON'T KILL MY TRASH PLZ), someone shows up and kills the pack.

And that's when it gets interesting : If the enemies are killed right after the synergy (in the laps of 2 seconds), they are not counted for the increased regen ticks.
    We managed to recreate the case twice : even if they are killed by the synergy (so no denying they were hit : the explosion killed them), no increased magicka return.

So that is why we felt like we gained nothing on the trashes in Fungal Grotto : they died too fast.

So okay, Mystic Orb works, but not as well as it did before. The tooltip states that the Combustion explosion gives the return of magicka (as it did before the patch), and now the 2 second delay in the return makes it less efficient if half the enemies dies before the proc.
    Edited by Usara on January 29, 2016 6:46PM

• Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

still a thing on stairs despite standing still and not falling any further than I would on flat ground.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has the Torugs pact bug from having two staves ( no bonus) and still gives you the 129 spell damage been added?
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Fasold666
    Fasold666
    ✭✭✭
    You have it on the list already but I just want to post it again here. Maybe some more people struggling with that bug can post in my thread so ZOS might fix it one day...

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/221681/zos-ignoring-game-breaking-bug-no-progress-in-fighters-mages-guild-skill-line#latest
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fasold666 wrote: »
    You have it on the list already but I just want to post it again here. Maybe some more people struggling with that bug can post in my thread so ZOS might fix it one day...

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/221681/zos-ignoring-game-breaking-bug-no-progress-in-fighters-mages-guild-skill-line#latest
    i've been watching your thread for a while ... really hope you will get somewhere with it soon. :S

• Kippesnikke
    Kippesnikke
    ✭✭✭✭
    needing to heavy attack before u can use chains again is starting to annoy me aswell.
    PC-EU-EP
    Northborn DK tank
    Hodor
    Pandora's Promise
  • Praeficere
    Praeficere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flames of Oblivion bug:

Once weapon swapped, the Major Savagery buff given by the toggle only applies to the second ability bar, no matter which bar the toggle is first activated. Major Prophecy remains on both bars.

Update: Major Savagery provided by Evil Hunter overrides the one given by Flames of Oblivion. Major Savagery from Flames of Oblivion does not return unless retoggled on a non-Evil Hunter bar.
    Edited by Praeficere on January 31, 2016 12:53AM
    Though the shadow has moved not,
    A thousand miles I’ve passed –
    Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
    PC EU Progression Guild
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praeficere wrote: »
    Flames of Oblivion bug:

Once weapon swapped, the Major Savagery buff given by the toggle only applies to the second ability bar, no matter which bar the toggle is first activated. Major Prophecy remains on both bars.

Do you have Evil/Camouflaged Hunter on one of your bars?
    Edited by Xantaria on January 31, 2016 12:29AM

• Praeficere
    Praeficere
    ✭✭✭✭

Right, that was it. Evil Hunter overrides the Major Savagery buff from FoL and it doesn't return I take it. The Major Savagery buff I was seeing on the 2nd bar was Evil Hunter.
    Though the shadow has moved not,
    A thousand miles I’ve passed –
    Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
    PC EU Progression Guild
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praeficere wrote: »

Right, that was it. Evil Hunter overrides the Major Savagery buff from FoL and it doesn't return I take it. The Major Savagery buff I was seeing on the 2nd bar was Evil Hunter.

Exactly. This is a bug I've experienced myself. Just didn't add it yet, will do later.

• VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭

God damnit :S

Yes,fall damage bug from Meteor+Morphs is still in game, two days ago I got a Meteor in face and my death recap showed 48k fall damage.

I think the bug is related to being on stairs while getting hit by Meteor(and maybe because of lag+meteor spam make it happen but I don't have any proof about it) since if I get hit while on normal ground the fall damage doesn't appear on death recap.But then again who knows how it works.