The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Would you prefer account wide achievements?

• Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I like the current character achievement system.
    Auroan wrote: »
    @SerafinaWaterstar @Pinja @ArchangelIsraphel @AlnilamE

Everything can be tracked via the Zone Guide. Attached is a screenshot I took for a topic sometime ago that was also in regards to account-wide achievements.

mnxvfVN.jpg

You don't need achievements to track your individual progress. That's like saying Console players could never track their characters progress because they already unlocked the Trophy/Achievement on their Playstation/Xbox. That's not how that works. At the moment, it does link to the individual characters achievements for reference to pull from, but this will most certainly be addressed with this new update. The new Zone Guide will more then likely be character specific. Thus, for individuals such as yourselves, you won't need achievements to guide you on what Delves, Dolmens, Wayshrines, Story Quests, etc., you still need to discover/complete, as it's all provided in the Zone Guide when you look and hover over the progress bar.

Remember, achievements have no effect on the story, NPC's, or map progression with new characters. If you make a new character in this current patch, it's as though they've never completed anything. If you press M to open your map, it's blank, and if you go near something, it'll be "black", indicating you haven't cleared it. The same concept applies with the new patch as well. If you want to make a new character and complete all quests in the zone, go clear the WB's, Delves, etc. for the first time to "white" out the map to indicate you've completed it, that's 100% an option and basically what you'll be doing now to track your progress.

Obviously when it comes to "extra" things, like selling 1mil gold worth of stolen goods, that won't be tracked. Idk why any sane person would want to do achievements like that on every one of their characters anyways...but that's just me, lol.

This update giving or taking away the purpose of having alts, however, is subjective. As I explained above, you'll still be able to track things on an individual character basis, but only for "important" things, not the "extra" things. No, you won't be able to see how many safeboxes you've picked with a character. But you will be able to track all the other things with "greater purpose". And that's the big choice ZOS had to make when doing this update. What served the greater purpose? In other words, what will give the most fun to the majority of players? If you look at the poll on this topic, and the polls on all the other topics throughout the years when it came to account-wide achievements, the majority of the ESO community wanted it. You'll never be able to please everyone, and because of this, you need to make a sacrifice on who you'll please. Please the minority of the community, or please the majority of the community? The obvious answer is doing what pleases the majority of your player base.
    I kinda side tracked there, but again, talking about the purpose of alts being subjective, this update actually has the opposite effect on a majority of individuals, such as myself. We don't see it as the purpose of our alts are now taken from us. We see it as a form of freedom. We see it as, "wow, I can now finally make 17 different alts, and go into any content, at any time, with any group, on any role or character, and not have to worry about missing out on that achievement/title that I really wanted on my main. I may never get another chance to get Godslayer or Planebreaker again, as most groups disband after achieving it, or don't want to spend another couple months trying to get it. I don't want to waste more time either. Finally, I can play the character/role I'm in the mood for and not feel like I'm missing out on something I might not come across again for a while". That's how I and others see it. We're finally free to make any character we want and just play. A group that's doing content I want to do needs a Necro? No problem, I can do that and still get credit now. Oh, another group that's also doing something I need wants me on a MagSorc for Minor Prophecy? No problem, I got you. See what we see?

Additionally, you have to remember, we're OCD too. We're completionists too. The difference? We value our time, and we don't like wasting it. Having a baby toon that has no achievements messes with our OCD just as much as it does for you. But in a different effect. It kills us that, "ugh, guess I have to do Strangled Cowardess in vMHK HM all over again. Everyone's got to dodge roll the vines from the Garden boss perfectly now all over again. Guess I have to spend hours of my life doing repetitive dailies in every single zone and DLC to get the 30 day achievement now. Guess we gotta drag out the Rhakkat fight all over again for Dro'Destroyer". See what I mean? As I said earlier, the question isn't, "can we do it again", the question is, "do we really want to spend hours/days/months progging this extra side achievement when we could be using this time to RP, decorate our house, shoot the *** with our friends when doing pledges/dungs and trials, etc.".
    Again, fun is the most important aspect of a game. However, fun is subjective, and because of this, developers need to figure out what players find fun. They do this through surveys, feedback, forums, etc., and of course, their internal analytics. But when the player base says, "we want this to increase our fun value", and the other part of the player base says, "no, that will get rid of our fun value", they need to make a decision. That decision, unless it hampers gameplay, revenue, or the vision of the game, will always go to the majority. Why wouldn't you want to make as many people happy as possible? It sucks but...this is what we want :/

But again, from the sounds of it, it doesn't even seem like it's the achievements you care about. It's more so of the individual character progression more then anything, which luckily, that's still there.

Good points @Auroan. The zone guide came out long after I fell out of questing so I wasn't thinking about it when I voted. I too could use account wide achievements since I'm practically a Grand Master Crater, but have crafting spread across 3 toons.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd prefer account wide achievements.
    As someone who only kinda knows where the achievement list is... I would like account wide. I switch between toons randomly and by guild necessity and because I forget who I was last on. The only thing I really want out of some of these achievements is the dye. I don't care about the title or any of that. I realise I'm in the minority here.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SerafinaWaterstar @Pinja @ArchangelIsraphel @AlnilamE

Everything can be tracked via the Zone Guide. Attached is a screenshot I took for a topic sometime ago that was also in regards to account-wide achievements.

mnxvfVN.jpg

You don't need achievements to track your individual progress. That's like saying Console players could never track their characters progress because they already unlocked the Trophy/Achievement on their Playstation/Xbox. That's not how that works. At the moment, it does link to the individual characters achievements for reference to pull from, but this will most certainly be addressed with this new update. The new Zone Guide will more then likely be character specific. Thus, for individuals such as yourselves, you won't need achievements to guide you on what Delves, Dolmens, Wayshrines, Story Quests, etc., you still need to discover/complete, as it's all provided in the Zone Guide when you look and hover over the progress bar.

Remember, achievements have no effect on the story, NPC's, or map progression with new characters. If you make a new character in this current patch, it's as though they've never completed anything. If you press M to open your map, it's blank, and if you go near something, it'll be "black", indicating you haven't cleared it. The same concept applies with the new patch as well. If you want to make a new character and complete all quests in the zone, go clear the WB's, Delves, etc. for the first time to "white" out the map to indicate you've completed it, that's 100% an option and basically what you'll be doing now to track your progress.

Obviously when it comes to "extra" things, like selling 1mil gold worth of stolen goods, that won't be tracked. Idk why any sane person would want to do achievements like that on every one of their characters anyways...but that's just me, lol.

This update giving or taking away the purpose of having alts, however, is subjective. As I explained above, you'll still be able to track things on an individual character basis, but only for "important" things, not the "extra" things. No, you won't be able to see how many safeboxes you've picked with a character. But you will be able to track all the other things with "greater purpose". And that's the big choice ZOS had to make when doing this update. What served the greater purpose? In other words, what will give the most fun to the majority of players? If you look at the poll on this topic, and the polls on all the other topics throughout the years when it came to account-wide achievements, the majority of the ESO community wanted it. You'll never be able to please everyone, and because of this, you need to make a sacrifice on who you'll please. Please the minority of the community, or please the majority of the community? The obvious answer is doing what pleases the majority of your player base.
    I kinda side tracked there, but again, talking about the purpose of alts being subjective, this update actually has the opposite effect on a majority of individuals, such as myself. We don't see it as the purpose of our alts are now taken from us. We see it as a form of freedom. We see it as, "wow, I can now finally make 17 different alts, and go into any content, at any time, with any group, on any role or character, and not have to worry about missing out on that achievement/title that I really wanted on my main. I may never get another chance to get Godslayer or Planebreaker again, as most groups disband after achieving it, or don't want to spend another couple months trying to get it. I don't want to waste more time either. Finally, I can play the character/role I'm in the mood for and not feel like I'm missing out on something I might not come across again for a while". That's how I and others see it. We're finally free to make any character we want and just play. A group that's doing content I want to do needs a Necro? No problem, I can do that and still get credit now. Oh, another group that's also doing something I need wants me on a MagSorc for Minor Prophecy? No problem, I got you. See what we see?

Additionally, you have to remember, we're OCD too. We're completionists too. The difference? We value our time, and we don't like wasting it. Having a baby toon that has no achievements messes with our OCD just as much as it does for you. But in a different effect. It kills us that, "ugh, guess I have to do Strangled Cowardess in vMHK HM all over again. Everyone's got to dodge roll the vines from the Garden boss perfectly now all over again. Guess I have to spend hours of my life doing repetitive dailies in every single zone and DLC to get the 30 day achievement now. Guess we gotta drag out the Rhakkat fight all over again for Dro'Destroyer". See what I mean? As I said earlier, the question isn't, "can we do it again", the question is, "do we really want to spend hours/days/months progging this extra side achievement when we could be using this time to RP, decorate our house, shoot the [snip] with our friends when doing pledges/dungs and trials, etc.".
    Again, fun is the most important aspect of a game. However, fun is subjective, and because of this, developers need to figure out what players find fun. They do this through surveys, feedback, forums, etc., and of course, their internal analytics. But when the player base says, "we want this to increase our fun value", and the other part of the player base says, "no, that will get rid of our fun value", they need to make a decision. That decision, unless it hampers gameplay, revenue, or the vision of the game, will always go to the majority. Why wouldn't you want to make as many people happy as possible? It sucks but...this is what we want :/

But again, from the sounds of it, it doesn't even seem like it's the achievements you care about. It's more so of the individual character progression more then anything, which luckily, that's still there.

I do understand your point of view, and that you want to be able to get things done. But I would appreciate people stop telling me how they think I play.

Its is achievements I care about actually & I use them to track progress - can you not understand that? It’s not just about doing all the stuff on the map toggle (am well aware of that thank you), it’s all the other bits too - to you they may be tedious or ridiculous or unecessary, and I may not get them on all my different characters - I don’t chase them, but get pleasure from getting them when I do - which is the point of playing, surely?

I want my sorc to be able to get the achievement for a no death or whatever dungeon run. And my templar. And all my other characters *when they earn it*. That is what makes the game continual fun for me. Take that away, and after over 6 years, I’ll be seriously considering stopping playing as all the sense of purpose & enjoyment has been removed. For the first time in years I haven’t pre-ordered already because of this. It genuinely makes me not want to play the game.

Otherwise what is the point in having achievements at all in an rpg mmo? Why even have the option of other characters? I actually don’t see the need for things to be account-wide but I would be happy if this was optional or there was an overview tab or some such as has been suggested.

This, as have said elsewhere, is a fundamental change to the game & how it is structured. Frankly I don’t care what other games do. And it is not necessarily the majority that want this, as has been shown by the posts in numerous threads.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 30, 2022 1:34PM
  • RPGOverlord
    RPGOverlord
    ✭✭
    They did confirm that motif achievements wouldn't be part of this right? It could seriously affect the economy if they were and cause the prices the come crashing down as people wouldn't want to collect them on their alts.
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok actually going to turn this around.

Say achievements are account wide. You start a new character, and get really in to playing them. It clicks. You play well. You want to test yourself on this, to see if you can get vet no death hard mode speed run of some dungeons (or even trials).

But wait. You already did that on another character. So those achievements are crossed off for all your characters. Do I need to have a stop watch whilst playing now?

Or I create a new thieving character & get into playing that. But again, what would be the point as all the achievements are already done.

Master Angler takes time & dedication to complete. You have to make a conscious decision to be that insane for a while. But hey, one & done now. Or all characters fishing count so not such a time bind. Diminishes the achievement.

And what about Pvp? Get one Grand Overlord, then all your characters can be Grand Overlord, despite never having set foot in Cyrodiil. Same with Emperor.

And how is the going to work with crafting? All now Master Crafters? With Antiquities - no more digging up Arteum? With Psijic line? Legerdemain? Why do Undaunted when already unlocked? Etc

Many skill lines & quests are either achievement based or have them attached - are they included? Does this mean new characters don’t need to level up to 50 or actually do anything as already have the quest-linked achievements for them?

Again, this really needs to be thought through properly, and at least made optional.
  • Auroan
    Auroan
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, and while we're at it, make motifs account wide too.
    Ok actually going to turn this around.

Say achievements are account wide. You start a new character, and get really in to playing them. It clicks. You play well. You want to test yourself on this, to see if you can get vet no death hard mode speed run of some dungeons (or even trials).

But wait. You already did that on another character. So those achievements are crossed off for all your characters. Do I need to have a stop watch whilst playing now?

Or I create a new thieving character & get into playing that. But again, what would be the point as all the achievements are already done.

Master Angler takes time & dedication to complete. You have to make a conscious decision to be that insane for a while. But hey, one & done now. Or all characters fishing count so not such a time bind. Diminishes the achievement.

And what about Pvp? Get one Grand Overlord, then all your characters can be Grand Overlord, despite never having set foot in Cyrodiil. Same with Emperor.

And how is the going to work with crafting? All now Master Crafters? With Antiquities - no more digging up Arteum? With Psijic line? Legerdemain? Why do Undaunted when already unlocked? Etc

Many skill lines & quests are either achievement based or have them attached - are they included? Does this mean new characters don’t need to level up to 50 or actually do anything as already have the quest-linked achievements for them?

Again, this really needs to be thought through properly, and at least made optional.

In most cases for most of the community, and in just about all cases for the endgame community, speed comes naturally when you ND something, whether getting HM or not. As long as players aren't AFK'ing, Speed is never an issue for anyone, it's the ND. The only time this isn't the case is when doing Godslayer or Planesbreaker where you need incredible DPS and have to rush like a madman through it to make sure you get speed comfortably and aren't a few seconds away. Myself and many others in most content (especially dungs) have wiped to bosses before and still got SR. Depending on the dungeon, we loot containers and bookshelves to see if we get anything fancy and still get SR. Speed is never an issue unless you're doing something that purposely puts it out of sight, or group DPS is very low. However, because of the way ZOS is designing their newer content, sometimes you won't even be able to complete the content you're doing unless you meet a certain DPS threshold, less you be overwhelmed by ads, or fail a mechanic entirely that causes a death/wipe. Thus, group DPS shouldn't typically be the factor for failing a SR. It's deaths/wipes, AFK'ing, etc.

Again, fun is subjective. I can't tell you how to have fun, as yours is different from mine. But for myself and others, playing the actual game, and playing the actual content is how we have fun. Achievements are second. Obviously incredibly still important to us, that's why we've been nagging about it to be account-wide for years now, but it comes second to us. Fun stems from playing the game to us, and when you reach the endgame community, it also comes with sharing that experience with your trial group and whatever dung group you're in. I've had all dung achievements for a while now. But I still go in and help other groups who haven't done it because I love replaying the content, and I love helping people experience something new. Even then, while I haven't done pledges in a while, I love doing pledges too, because I simply enjoy playing the content.

What I'm getting at is, Achievements shouldn't hold you back from doing what you enjoy. If you enjoy being a Thief, I encourage you to go out there, make a Thief type character, create an awesome Rogue-ish outfit for them, and go on a pickpocketing spree. Achievement or not, you're doing what you love, and you have a chance of stealing something valuable that you can sell for big gold (like purple furnishing plans!).

Same thing with Master Angler. If you enjoy fishing and want to collect each fish in the Zone, don't let the Achievement hold you back. You can still look at the Achievement and say, "okay, I have these fish in my inventory, I still need these ones". You can still sell them for some gold and still filet fish for Perfect Roe, which goes for a solid amount of gold.

Alliance Rank is based on the individual character. It doesn't matter if you're walking around with the Grand Overlord title on, everyone will still see your actual rank being lvl 5, not lvl 49-50. From my experiences, there's only 3 types of people that play PvP anyways:
    1. The people that're doing it to get certain skills needed in PvE.
    2. The people that're doing it strictly for achievements and will stop hardcore PvP'ing once they hit Grand Overlord (unless they PvE and will need to lvl their alts Alliance Rank to get WH, Barrier, etc.)
    3. The people that don't care about rank, they're there for blood and there because they love to PvP (there's also PvP guilds where people get together, so the social aspect is also very important, likewise in PvE).
    In other words, Achievements are on the bottom of that list. And with those arguments, I'm assuming you're also against people wearing Outfits, Skins, Personalities and Mounts on characters that didn't earn them? That would make a lot of people salty. Again, ZOS goes with what the majority of players want in their fun value.

Just like with PvP, crafting is individual character based. Just because you have Grand Master Crafter title, doesn't mean your actual skills still aren't at lvl 1. If you want to use that toon to properly craft, get good materials from deconstructing, get the bonus stacks of food and drinks when crafting, Medicinal Use passive, etc. You will need to level those up. This applies for everything else. If you want the skills and passives in the Undaunted skill tree, which everyone wants cause it's legit free stats, you need to level up Undaunted, doesn't matter if you have the achievement or not. If you want the passives for Antiquities, the passives for Legerdemain, etc. you need to level these up. The achievement has no impact on actual gameplay. And I promise you, people do these things quite often on their alts. They don't do them because they're doing it for the achievement, they're doing it because it effects their actual gameplay. Achievements have 0 effect on gameplay.

Repeating myself, yes, while you'll have the achievements for completing certain story quests, this has no impact on the actual story. You will still see the Prophet stalk you and appear to you where ever you go asking you to come to the Harborage. You will still have the unique quest symbol indicator above NPC's heads that show, "oh, this is a Story quest, not a regular or repeatable quest". You will still be able to open up your quest log to physically see, "oh, THIS is the quest I'm on and what my objective is".

Again, your definition of fun is different then mine, but the way you talk, it's hard to interpret it any other way but you simply not caring for the actual game and its gameplay. You don't care about the actual act of sneaking, stealing something of high value and the adrenaline of not being caught (or being caught and running). You don't care about the actual act of engaging with other players in dungeons to level up Undaunted (or simply playing the content for that matter for clears, for the challenge, etc.). Same goes for Trials. You don't care about actually having the passives to properly craft, decon, have quantities of food to use/sell, etc. You don't even care about the actual story and the experience of going through it again and making the same/different decisions. You care more about the achievements then the actual game itself. Again, I can't tell you this is wrong, because fun is subjective and you find your purpose and meaning in different places that I do. But the majority of players wanted this. I saw in a prior post you said otherwise, but that's not the case. Here are some references:

2014 Poll: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/126544/should-achievements-be-account-wide
    Yes: 41%
    No: 39%:
    Yes, but with no Titles: 18%

2016 Poll: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/252004/do-you-want-achievements-to-be-account-wide
    Yes: 67%
    No: 28%
    Don't Care: 4%

2019 Poll: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/479381/account-wide-achievements/p1
    Yes: 70%
    No: 29%

2022 Poll (this very same thread): https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/596364/would-you-prefer-account-wide-achievements/p1
    Yes: 27%
    Yes, but include Motifs: 30%
    Some, but not all achievements accountwide: 17%
    No: 25%

The majority of players want this because they believe it will enhance their fun value.

I also want to leave you off with 1 question that I thought about as well. What would you do if the game had no Achievements at all? You gotta remember back in N64, PS1, PS2 days (and some PS3 games still don't have Trophies), there were no Achievements. What did you do? What would you do now if ESO said they're getting rid of achievements?
    For me, I'd continue playing and start making more characters. Achievements are a double-edged sword with me. They're satisfying to get because we as people enjoy being rewarded for tasks we do. On the flip side, it can also be a burden to OCD/achievement *** like myself. Something that itches at us to the point where it's like, now we're almost forced to go out of our way to get it, or forever be haunted by its existence. If achievements didn't exist in the first place, I'd simply play the game for fun, like I do now. Just playing the content I enjoy, playing the stories, completing the quests, helping people who've never done HM before, etc. Without achievements, I still have personal 100% completion goals. In this case, map completion and all quests done, all dungs/HM's cleared, etc. ND, SR and Trifecta's would simply become personal challenges that I probably wouldn't be as involved in, TBH. But I'd still play the game for fun. However, achievements exist. Having no achievements gives me freedom. Having all achievements completed gives me that same feeling of freedom.
    What about you?
    "And the Scrolls have foretold, of black wings in the cold,
    That when brothers wage war come unfurled!
    Alduin, Bane of Kings, ancient shadow unbound,
    With a hunger to swallow the world!"
    54k Achievement Point Club
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    hafgood wrote: »
    Xebov wrote: »
    So you only play the game to gather achievments and have no fun with the content itself?

So people who play to get achievements are somehow second class citizens because that is what they enjoy doing? What century are we in? Are we not allowed to have different pleasures in life or do we have to confirm to what one person's view of fun is?

Goes both ways, are the people who want to enjoy the content without worrying about losing progress of achievements on their main second class citizens to you?

I think BOTH views should be equally valued and that is why everyone should be advocating for BOTH an account view and a character view. It is the people who are insisting only one way is viable and that they can't coexist who are being inconsiderate.

I think we should get both with the option for a toggle. Why not let everyone play the way they want? I have no strong opinion how titles are handled.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want the ability to still track individual achievements on individual characters. Something we've been able to do for nearly 8 years in this game.

I guess it's too much to ask from a lot in this thread who seem to take a lot of glee in many of us actually losing something we enjoy.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally love account wide stuff. Bit of a shame about the titles though.

Now account wide motifs? I'd be 100% behind that. Would save me so much time banking them all to see what my main does and doesn't have.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    BuildMan wrote: »
    hafgood wrote: »
    Xebov wrote: »
    So you only play the game to gather achievments and have no fun with the content itself?

So people who play to get achievements are somehow second class citizens because that is what they enjoy doing? What century are we in? Are we not allowed to have different pleasures in life or do we have to confirm to what one person's view of fun is?

Goes both ways, are the people who want to enjoy the content without worrying about losing progress of achievements on their main second class citizens to you?

I think BOTH views should be equally valued and that is why everyone should be advocating for BOTH an account view and a character view. It is the people who are insisting only one way is viable and that they can't coexist who are being inconsiderate.

I think we should get both with the option for a toggle. Why not let everyone play the way they want? I have no strong opinion how titles are handled.

But people dont want account view they want account unlock wich are 2 clompletly different thing
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on January 30, 2022 3:43AM
  • NskDen
    NskDen
    ✭✭✭
    Account wide achievements it's best part of legacy of Breron ATM for me.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some achievements should be account wide, but the rest should remain as is.
    The only achievements I want account wide are the monster trophies.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think one of the main problems is that we don't yet know if account-wide achievements means "get 15 characters to each do 10 Jee-Lar dailies" or "have one character do 150 Jee-Lar dailies and then everyone on the account gets credit." And I have a feeling that whichever way it goes will change some peoples' minds.

Mind you, we do technically have a few 'account' achievements: the housing ones, where once you have a house that ticks all of the boxes you can just enter with your alts and get them; or the Champion ones, where once one character has 450 CP to spend they all do. Some achievements like that should be account-wide. Add in Monster Trophies - I doubt that even the most hardcore RPer will argue that that grind is worth it.

But other ones it's nice to at least see by character. Even some of the ones that do increment, they should increment by character - it just doesn't feel right if 'The Rift Cave Delver' can be done by having 6 characters each hit one delve.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to try all the races with all thr classes, but when i think that i have to start the story again and again and again ... It disapointing.. so I decided to play very very less and stop buying crowns/dlc/chapters until this will be done.

I understand those ppl who doesnt want, so I think there should be an option when creating a new character asking if we want to keep the story or start a new one.
    Edited by HyekAr on January 30, 2022 5:14AM
  • Sorced
    Sorced
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a huge fan of achievements that don't come with rewards but I would do them more if they were account-wide. I'm sure a compromise is possible.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, it depends on the type of action(s) and corresponding reward(s) linked to the achievement. Roughly described:
    - If it serves progress of the character (leveling up, CPs, skills, ...), increasing his/her abilities in term of game play, and, if it gives a specific reward locked behind a completion, like delves, quests and dungeons, then it should remain soul bound.
    - If it doesn't give any advantage to the char in term of game play, but only "honorific" titles, then it could be account bound. I don't believe that it would do any harm, because for that type of achievements, most players don't go twice through the same bother any way.

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, your definition of fun is different then mine, but the way you talk, it's hard to interpret it any other way but you simply not caring for the actual game and its gameplay. You don't care about the actual act of sneaking, stealing something of high value and the adrenaline of not being caught (or being caught and running). You don't care about the actual act of engaging with other players in dungeons to level up Undaunted (or simply playing the content for that matter for clears, for the challenge, etc.). Same goes for Trials. You don't care about actually having the passives to properly craft, decon, have quantities of food to use/sell, etc. You don't even care about the actual story and the experience of going through it again and making the same/different decisions. You care more about the achievements then the actual game itself. Again, I can't tell you this is wrong, because fun is subjective and you find your purpose and meaning in different places that I do.

@Auroan

I find your post quite offensive.

You presume far too much about me and what I find enjoyable in the game, and have ignored my previous posts in which I have explained my point of view and attitude towards the game. I am not going to reiterate them here so you can ignore them again.

I’ve been playing this game for years. On console (for added challenge). With 18 characters. So please don’t presume to tell me that I don’t care about the game & game play. I am an officer in a guild that helps new players join in all aspects of the game.

I have a different opinion on this subject to you. And I am asking questions about its implementation as I think this is relevant.

I am actually very angry at your post. And am being much more polite than I feel.
    Edited by SerafinaWaterstar on January 30, 2022 1:23PM
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and motifs and Alliance rank.

This is the way!
    Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
  • LilouAndJohn
    Voted for account wide achievements.

It's a pain in the *** to do the same achievements over and over again, which basically forces all toons to be trial specialists and pvp junkies, forcing them to change. We want to make separate toons for separate parts of the game. That would be play how you want for real!
    Eclectic heterodox shadowband creating music for introspective dissent in Elden Root.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AlnilamE

mnxvfVN.jpg

Actually, no. The Zone Guide is only a list representation of what's visible on the map. The more detailed guide does include fish, but that's about it. Those are not the achievements I'm talking about. Those are easy to track by just hitting M and looking at the map.

I'm talking about achievements like 'I like M'aiq', looting safeboxes, getting extra achievements in dungeons (because the map will only show you that you completed it in Normal), where you're at on the PvP achievements etc.

I understand this is a split between people who play their characters as "build loads" that are extensions of the player and people who play their characters as "characters" with a story and a personality that's independent of the player.

Which is why my preferred option is an account-wide overview that preserves the individual characters' achievements.

We'll find out exactly how this will work tomorrow.

The Moot Councillor
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What its more disappointing (and boring) imho is the necessity to level up ALL characters all over again! I think at least ZOS could give us a HUGE character leveling boost after you reach CP160 with your first toon. Every other character we create shall start with a extreme quick level up until 50/CP160.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish that progression achievements such as level milestones, story quests, zone completion, etc to be character bound. It makes sense, it's like a journey.

What should be account wide are those grinds and collect x/kill y/refine z/do w writs/bounties/missions, etc. Recipes, too. Why should we buy the recipes several times?
    Since outfit page styles are account wide, I don't see why not the whole motif knowledge should be the same.
    Horse upgrades should be account wide. Also, the book collection, Shalidor's and lorebooks, letters, etc should be account wide.

For titles, I am a bit divided. Probably they should remain as they are, and people should be able to link an achiev of their other char. For example, I have finished VMA with one char, but I still want to finish it with an other, and that achiev/title combo that I get first time with an alt is great.

Today I was doing the weekly endeavor with my alt and got this achievement. I picked the alt exactly to get something extra done besides the grind and a few seals/coins. With achievements merged, I wouldn't have done the same. I hope the devs are realizing all the implications! Many achievements are centered around the character, not the account! So the character specific ones should stay the same, while the others are a great thing to be account wide. I hope the devs will be smart!

T8SWQyX.png
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    We're really hyped that we can get Account Wide Achievements to everyone!

Kevin how hyped are you for the small community of players that enjoy the self-imposed playstyles that they pursue in ESO?
    Here are a few examples of pacifist no-kill characters that players achieved: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/4ib0bw/introducing_esos_first_nokill_vet/ https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/3bilqo/pacifist_eso_gameplay/

What about end-game PVE community where people take on the challenge of achieving the most difficult trifecta achievements not once but multiple times? Completing 12-man trials or 4-man dungeons/arenas on more than one character or more than one role.

What about PVP players who take on the challenge of achieving the most gratifying accomplishment and becoming an Emperor, not on one faction but perhaps even all three factions.

What about the less competitive players that simply enjoy relaxing things like exploration, or "living" their character and taking pride in exploring the entire zone on foot, entering every single delve and fighting every single boss.

All of that and more will be gone if this new account-wide achievement system simply lowers it down to a point where every character you have will be given all the achievements any other character completed at some point.
    Allow us to see our progress but don't give us achievements we did not earn. Allow us to still accomplish them when and if we want to. And give the folks the ability to link an achievement they have completed on some other character while currently playing on a character that did not accomplish it yet. This is what the game needs - the extended version of achievement tracking, NOT the copy and pasting of achievements from character to character.
    We already have a tab that lets us see character/account currencies, for example. A similar way of displaying character achievements alongside account achievements would be a great solution. Nothing would have to change character-wise, and once you have relogged on each of your characters the game system would check all the achievements and calculate total achievement points collected from all the achievement points available and display two numbers: character and account.
    Edited by Katinas on January 30, 2022 5:10PM
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think story and such should be. I like to play between all my characters and sometimes like to do a dlc zone on an alt. But I’d like to have the achievements on my main. So it means doing it again. So for that kind of content id like account wide.

Achievements such as titles linked to end game content. Vet trials. Pvp ranks etc. they should be character based and not account wide.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some Motifs like the Dungeon monster masks should be account wide. they are really hard to obtain enough as is.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some Motifs like the Dungeon monster masks should be account wide. they are really hard to obtain enough as is.

There are no Dungeon Monster Mask Motifs.

The monster mask style pages? They already are.

All style pages have always been account wide.

All motifs learned on 1 character unlock the style for your entire account.
    Edited by tmbrinks on January 30, 2022 5:35PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And while we are at it, make server transfers a thing and all crown store purchases available on both servers
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And while we are at it, make server transfers a thing and all crown store purchases available on both servers

there's a set of database merges I'd run screaming from.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • KaosWarMonk
    KaosWarMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO most should be per character but I'm not averse to there being a slew of account specific achievements also.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky you people if you can get triple achievements on multiple characters.
    I don't understand this harsh rejection. Most players prefer to play mains, get achievements on mains. Is anyone really aiming to get a master angler on all 18 characters? Or a blackmarket mogul?
    Madness!
    PC/EU