The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you prefer account wide achievements?

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd prefer account wide achievements.
    BuildMan wrote: »
    BahometZ wrote: »
    Account wide titles are an awful idea as they not only cheapen the value of titles, but also remove incentive for a lot of the player base to replay content. This seems absolutely counter to what a company like Zenimax want, which is continued engagement.

I can get behind a global achievement counter, and to go further would actually appreciate it if rng achievements like finding Maiq the Liar and monster trophies were cumulative across accounts, which it wouldn't be even under this new proposed change.

But shared titles is completely unacceptable to me.

I feel the exact opposite of you, and many others do too.

Agree. I am actually more likely to use alts now that I don't have to worry about them losing progress because I wasn't on the right character. The champion levels being account wide are the same kind of thing, it is way better for alts to share that level of power than it is to have to level up each one individually. It's just way more consumer friendly and the only reason that I can think of to think otherwise is because it cheapens role play a little.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 28, 2022 2:38AM
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, also alliance rank and titles
    Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, and while we're at it, make motifs account wide too.
    Gylzyn wrote: »
    So, for example, I wouldn't be able to consolidate the monster trophies looted across all characters until I have completed the entire category on one character. Once I have looted all of the trophies in the category, then I can choose to show that category as account wide.

No, absolutely not. They need to consolidate the trophies you've picked up across all characters, not making you continue to farm them on one toon on the off chance you'll actually maybe possibly end up on the right loot table to get the things you're missing. I've had the world of trouble trying to farm those stupid parts on my main and then accidentally get one I'm missing drop on my trial toon that I was using to level skills and that absolutely sucks.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Account wide titles are an awful idea as they not only cheapen the value of titles, but also remove incentive for a lot of the player base to replay content. This seems absolutely counter to what a company like Zenimax want, which is continued engagement.

I can get behind a global achievement counter, and to go further would actually appreciate it if rng achievements like finding Maiq the Liar and monster trophies were cumulative across accounts, which it wouldn't be even under this new proposed change.

I am aware of this. I'm merely voicing my opinion.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • Auroan
    Auroan
    ✭✭✭
    1. "Account-wide titles will devalue the title"

Y'all know that people literally pay groups to get achievements, titles, skins, etc., right? They're devalued as it is, lol.
    And it's okay for a person to roll around in skins, or mounts, or use the Emperor's Regalia outfit, but god forbid they wear the Former Emperor title?
    1-800-COME-ON-NOW :p
    Besides, most of the time, if someone's capable of getting the title once, they're more then capable of getting it again, and on a different class/role, as many hardcore endgamers have proven throughout their ESO careers. The question isn't, "can they do it again"? The question is, "do they feel like doing it again"? For some, they have no choice but to do it against because they had to get it their first time on some fodder toon instead of their main. But unfortunately, their group doesn't want to prog something that took however many months to get. Now they're out of luck. Luckily, this update addresses this. Now it doesn't matter what they play. They can play to their groups needs without feeling like they're wasting their time.

2. "Account-wide achievements makes the story arc of my characters meaningless"

People need to remember that achievements don't equal story arcs. The decision you made to kill X NPC on one toon doesn't translate to that NPC being dead on the other toon. You can make a new character, enjoy the story, clear the map to white everything out, and still make choices with your individual character based on their unique story. Where people are getting this idea that account-wide achievements somehow effect the actual story/gameplay is beyond me. You can still play and make decisions for your character with account-wide achievements literally the same exact way as you did without account-wide achievements -facepalm-.

3. "I'll lose track of where I am in my characters development"

ZOS has released numerous ways for a player to track their progress for literally anything. The Zone Guide basically tells you everything you need to know. How many skyshards you have and what skyshards they are, based on the hints. How many delves you have cleared, the public dungeons, whether you've completed 2/6 main story arc missions, etc. And obviously looking at your quest log will let you know what quest you're on too, lol...
    There's legit no excuse to lose track of your progress for literally anything. ZOS has developed the game over the years to be account-wide achievement friendly and make it easier for players to track their individual characters progression.

4. "Skill doesn't translate across all characters"

Yes and no. I'm not going to get into depth and technicalities, but trust me when I say that the endgame community are capable players (when they want to be, lol). If a DPS main can pull 100k on one class, it won't take them long to hit nearly the same amount on another class. They know how the DPS role works. If a Tank main knows the mechanics of a fight and can deathless it on one class, it won't take them long to do it on another. They know how the Tank role works. Same concept applies with Healers. Mechanics in PvE don't change. Portal Phase in vCR+3 doesn't magically change cause the forces of the universe sensed you're on a MagSorc now instead of a MagBlade. Once you know mechanics and the concepts of your role, the class almost becomes irrelevant. The only time this isn't the case is if you've literally never touched another role before. If you've only Tanked, you're going to need practice as a DPS or Healer and visa-versa. But knowing mechanics is 50% of the work, so just by being knowledgeable about the mechanics, knowing what each role is suppose to do, and just being a skilled gamer/fast learner, you've already made it halfway there. The other 50% is just getting reps.

5. "There will be no point to replay the content"

I have basically every achievement in the game on my main. Trust me, I replay the content. Why? Because I love playing the content. This is my favorite MMO. The most important thing is having fun. Achievements are very important to me for a couple reasons. I've been QQ'ing about wanting account-wide achievements for years now. But at the end of the day, I value the fun in the game more then anything, that's why I've been playing for as long as I have. I actively like going out and helping players who haven't cleared the content before so that I not only get to replay the content, but so I can allow other people to finally experience the content as well. The game is fun, but not everyone can fully experience that fun. And trust me, there's always newer players (and older players) that still haven't cleared the content that really want to get that experience and clear. Fun shouldn't just be watching big flashy pop ups fill up your screen saying you've accomplished something, it should be playing the actual game. If you wanna collect all fish in a zone on another character, don't let the achievement stop you. If you wanna kill the NPC at the end of the Thieve's Guild story on another character, don't let the achievement stop you.

Account-wide achievements and titles do more good then supposed bad. Let us majority of players that wanted it, enjoy it. Our feature does your fun no harm. You can still play and enjoy the game no differently.

On that note, I will say that I am a little tilted that motif achievements aren't account-wide. We can walk into a fully decorated house we made on an alt and unlock 100 achievements, but we walk up to an outfit station with all motifs unlocked from an alt and we don't get anything? SHEEEEEEEEEH! @ZOS_Kevin plz, y u do dis 2 us?! I can't find the logic! Making these account-wide will have little to no impact on micro-transactions since we have the outfit system. Promise! Unless there's another reason they made it not account-wide?
    "And the Scrolls have foretold, of black wings in the cold,
    That when brothers wage war come unfurled!
    Alduin, Bane of Kings, ancient shadow unbound,
    With a hunger to swallow the world!"
    54k Achievement Point Club
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adremal wrote: »
    3. We don't have level 10 Godslayers running around. Titles should be character specific IMO.

Skins, personalities and mounts are account-wide though, so why not titles? It's merely cosmetic after all and if people wanted to use a vHM something skin/personality/icefire senche thingy they already could. They already do.

Just my personal thoughts. I would much rather we have account wide achievements AND titles than neither, which is what we have now. So either would be a change. Titles always seem to get pushback from the masses, which I sort of get. Some titles like PVP ranks (which give a title), Trifectas, Flawless Conqueror, Spirit Slayer, just seem better left to the character. Lots of end game players like going after those on multiple toons (I like getting FC on all my toons for example).

I want a compromise that pleases the most people (or ticks the least amount of people off) so we actually get movement on this issue. Account wide titles historically get a lot of push back on the previous 10,000 of these threads (nothing is being said here that hasnt been said many many times on these forums).

I am a strong supporter of account wide achievements. I play a lot of alts, and frankly, the lack of account wide achievements has made me really not care about any of them, which certainly has reduced my overall playtime. Titles I care less about being account wide, but since they have always been limited to the character, I dont think they necessarily need to become account wide for achievements to the same. Personally, I do like some things limited to the character and titles seem appropriate for that.

Edit: For what its worth, I would also leave motif to character only. It really only matters for a crafter trying to sell their wares, and in that case, that crafter should learn the motif. Otherwise, you have the whole outfit system. Anyone of my toons can already dress with any of the Motifs my crafter owns. That seems fine to me as is.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on January 28, 2022 5:00PM
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I like the current character achievement system.
    Auroan wrote: »
    1. "Account-wide titles will devalue the title"

Y'all know that people literally pay groups to get achievements, titles, skins, etc., right? They're devalued as it is, lol.
    And it's okay for a person to roll around in skins, or mounts, or use the Emperor's Regalia outfit, but god forbid they wear the Former Emperor title?
    1-800-COME-ON-NOW :p
    Besides, most of the time, if someone's capable of getting the title once, they're more then capable of getting it again, and on a different class/role, as many hardcore endgamers have proven throughout their ESO careers. The question isn't, "can they do it again"? The question is, "do they feel like doing it again"? For some, they have no choice but to do it against because they had to get it their first time on some fodder toon instead of their main. But unfortunately, their group doesn't want to prog something that took however many months to get. Now they're out of luck. Luckily, this update addresses this. Now it doesn't matter what they play. They can play to their groups needs without feeling like they're wasting their time.

2. "Account-wide achievements makes the story arc of my characters meaningless"

People need to remember that achievements don't equal story arcs. The decision you made to kill X NPC on one toon doesn't translate to that NPC being dead on the other toon. You can make a new character, enjoy the story, clear the map to white everything out, and still make choices with your individual character based on their unique story. Where people are getting this idea that account-wide achievements somehow effect the actual story/gameplay is beyond me. You can still play and make decisions for your character with account-wide achievements literally the same exact way as you did without account-wide achievements -facepalm-.

3. "I'll lose track of where I am in my characters development"

ZOS has released numerous ways for a player to track their progress for literally anything. The Zone Guide basically tells you everything you need to know. How many skyshards you have and what skyshards they are, based on the hints. How many delves you have cleared, the public dungeons, whether you've completed 2/6 main story arc missions, etc. And obviously looking at your quest log will let you know what quest you're on too, lol...
    There's legit no excuse to lose track of your progress for literally anything. ZOS has developed the game over the years to be account-wide achievement friendly and make it easier for players to track their individual characters progression.

4. "Skill doesn't translate across all characters"

Yes and no. I'm not going to get into depth and technicalities, but trust me when I say that the endgame community are capable players (when they want to be, lol). If a DPS main can pull 100k on one class, it won't take them long to hit nearly the same amount on another class. They know how the DPS role works. If a Tank main knows the mechanics of a fight and can deathless it on one class, it won't take them long to do it on another. They know how the Tank role works. Same concept applies with Healers. Mechanics in PvE don't change. Portal Phase in vCR+3 doesn't magically change cause the forces of the universe sensed you're on a MagSorc now instead of a MagBlade. Once you know mechanics and the concepts of your role, the class almost becomes irrelevant. The only time this isn't the case is if you've literally never touched another role before. If you've only Tanked, you're going to need practice as a DPS or Healer and visa-versa. But knowing mechanics is 50% of the work, so just by being knowledgeable about the mechanics, knowing what each role is suppose to do, and just being a skilled gamer/fast learner, you've already made it halfway there. The other 50% is just getting reps.

5. "There will be no point to replay the content"

I have basically every achievement in the game on my main. Trust me, I replay the content. Why? Because I love playing the content. This is my favorite MMO. The most important thing is having fun. Achievements are very important to me for a couple reasons. I've been QQ'ing about wanting account-wide achievements for years now. But at the end of the day, I value the fun in the game more then anything, that's why I've been playing for as long as I have. I actively like going out and helping players who haven't cleared the content before so that I not only get to replay the content, but so I can allow other people to finally experience the content as well. The game is fun, but not everyone can fully experience that fun. And trust me, there's always newer players (and older players) that still haven't cleared the content that really want to get that experience and clear. Fun shouldn't just be watching big flashy pop ups fill up your screen saying you've accomplished something, it should be playing the actual game. If you wanna collect all fish in a zone on another character, don't let the achievement stop you. If you wanna kill the NPC at the end of the Thieve's Guild story on another character, don't let the achievement stop you.

Account-wide achievements and titles do more good then supposed bad. Let us majority of players that wanted it, enjoy it. Our feature does your fun no harm. You can still play and enjoy the game no differently.

On that note, I will say that I am a little tilted that motif achievements aren't account-wide. We can walk into a fully decorated house we made on an alt and unlock 100 achievements, but we walk up to an outfit station with all motifs unlocked from an alt and we don't get anything? SHEEEEEEEEEH! @ZOS_Kevin plz, y u do dis 2 us?! I can't find the logic! Making these account-wide will have little to no impact on micro-transactions since we have the outfit system. Promise! Unless there's another reason they made it not account-wide?

If the achievements copy over from my main that has done everything, just HOW will I know what my other 17 characters have or have not done?

And there has been no real clarity as to exactly what achievements this refers to - so for example, does a character that has never touched the Dark Brotherhood now have all the achievements? Including the quest ones, as they are listed under achievements?

I appreciate some want this, but there are also those that don’t, and so this should very much be optional.
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great, player friendly change. It’s going to encourage more players to spend time on their alts.

How many people who are upset about account wide titles and achievements are also the same people who also sell runs to other players?
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malthorne wrote: »
    This is a great, player friendly change. It’s going to encourage more players to spend time on their alts.

How many people who are upset about account wide titles and achievements are also the same people who also sell runs to other players?

I am upset because it will STOP me spending time on my alts. My main has done everything - so if just copies over, my alts will have already done everything so why play?

(And no, do not sell runs.)
    Edited by SerafinaWaterstar on January 28, 2022 5:27PM
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I've never sold a run in my life and I'd rather opt out of this account wide system. I like to actually work for things on each character, rather than have a new character inherit every achievement from my main. If I fight a boss on my main I don't want or need that achievement on a new character.

There really needs to be a separation of global and character specific achievements. By all means, have some kind of account wide global tab showing what the account as a whole has accomplished, so that those who want progress to carry over can have that. But not having character specific achievements sucks the fun out of having alts for a lot of us.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, it removes the reason to play alts, if they can't earn achievements that my main already has. Like, I have 6 characters that already have the "loot 1000 chests" achievement and I'm working on a seventh.

And no, I don't have the achievements that people sell runs for, so I'm unable to sell those.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am upset because it will STOP me spending time on my alts. My main has done everything - so if just copies over, my alts will have already done everything so why play?

I've never sold a run in my life and I'd rather opt out of this account wide system. I like to actually work for things on each character, rather than have a new character inherit every achievement from my main. If I fight a boss on my main I don't want or need that achievement on a new character.

There really needs to be a separation of global and character specific achievements. By all means, have some kind of account wide global tab showing what the account as a whole has accomplished, so that those who want progress to carry over can have that. But not having character specific achievements sucks the fun out of having alts for a lot of us.
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Personally, it removes the reason to play alts, if they can't earn achievements that my main already has. Like, I have 6 characters that already have the "loot 1000 chests" achievement and I'm working on a seventh.

And no, I don't have the achievements that people sell runs for, so I'm unable to sell those.

If account wide achievements work like they do in any other game then you will still be able to track and receive the notification(s) upon completion. So I assume this will be the case, but we have to wait for more information.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you only play the game to gather achievments and have no fun with the content itself?
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This game ... meh
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xebov wrote: »
    So you only play the game to gather achievments and have no fun with the content itself?

So people who play to get achievements are somehow second class citizens because that is what they enjoy doing? What century are we in? Are we not allowed to have different pleasures in life or do we have to confirm to what one person's view of fun is?
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Personally, for me it makes me more likely to play alts and to offer help in zone and guildies.

I have often declined to help because I was on the wrong character and I knew by the time I swapped to the right one and got that character ready, someone might not really want to run it anymore. It was the right role but not the character I wanted an achievement on.

Mindfulness of my achievements is also why I have declined to play alts all that much, because then it pretty much leaves me just Overland for them. That can be fun and all, but I prefer to play characters that I wouldn't feel like I was losing out on doing more challenging stuff.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since many of us have multiple characters, an option to have an overview of the achievement points for all of characters would be nice. Provide a checkbox on which characters to "track" over time, and could be viewed on an additional menu area where the DLCs are positioned. Maybe something like "Account Overview", then you'd see all your characters listed with their respective achievement points.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »
    Since many of us have multiple characters, an option to have an overview of the achievement points for all of characters would be nice. Provide a checkbox on which characters to "track" over time, and could be viewed on an additional menu area where the DLCs are positioned. Maybe something like "Account Overview", then you'd see all your characters listed with their respective achievement points.

A very reasonable suggestion.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind account wide titles, but I use achievements as a way to keep track of completions on that character. IE: If I'm wondering whether I got all the quest skill points out of clockwork, I check my achievements.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    frankly there should be ONE character with ability to respec everything on it, we have good example of Skyforge mmo(before new era update)!
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »

So people who play to get achievements are somehow second class citizens because that is what they enjoy doing? What century are we in? Are we not allowed to have different pleasures in life or do we have to confirm to what one person's view of fun is?

Goes both ways, are the people who want to enjoy the content without worrying about losing progress of achievements on their main second class citizens to you?
    PvP needs more love.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I like goals. I like achieving them. And I sometimes like doing them more than once. It's fun. I'm losing that fun.

I don't have toons. I don't have avatars. I have characters. They have different motivations, different goals, and do different things. Every one of them getting the reward for something they didn't do will feel hollow, meaningless. That achievement will just sit there and be patronizing.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motifs are the big thing for me. I'm so over having to funnel them to my crafting toon.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I should have read the choices closer before I voted. I would prefer almost all things be account wide.

I would also really want for account wide to be what it claims, not "server wide". It is a bit like the names for Congressional Bills. The name doesn't match what is being done.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    I want everything to account wide, all my characters use the same skin, costume, mount, pet, race, because all my characters are the same but different classes.
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, I use the achievements as the best way to track what my different characters have or have not done. I have 17 other characters as I love having fun in the game. This change will significantly diminish my fun.

I could monitor this outside the game with either paper or spreadsheet record, but the list of achievements in-game is the easiest way (am on console so no hope if an add-on).

This is a fundamental change to the way the game functions after 7 years of having character based ones.

I shall wait & read the patch notes, but not holding my breath.
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some achievements should be account wide, but the rest should remain as is.
    As long as there is still a way to track individuals characters achievements I don't mind if there is also a way to see account wide.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am aware of this. I'm merely voicing my opinion.

How many times must I earn something before I actually earn it? Account-wide achievements are a godsend.
  • Auroan
    Auroan
    ✭✭✭
    @SerafinaWaterstar @Pinja @ArchangelIsraphel @AlnilamE

Everything can be tracked via the Zone Guide. Attached is a screenshot I took for a topic sometime ago that was also in regards to account-wide achievements.

mnxvfVN.jpg

You don't need achievements to track your individual progress. That's like saying Console players could never track their characters progress because they already unlocked the Trophy/Achievement on their Playstation/Xbox. That's not how that works. At the moment, it does link to the individual characters achievements for reference to pull from, but this will most certainly be addressed with this new update. The new Zone Guide will more then likely be character specific. Thus, for individuals such as yourselves, you won't need achievements to guide you on what Delves, Dolmens, Wayshrines, Story Quests, etc., you still need to discover/complete, as it's all provided in the Zone Guide when you look and hover over the progress bar.

Remember, achievements have no effect on the story, NPC's, or map progression with new characters. If you make a new character in this current patch, it's as though they've never completed anything. If you press M to open your map, it's blank, and if you go near something, it'll be "black", indicating you haven't cleared it. The same concept applies with the new patch as well. If you want to make a new character and complete all quests in the zone, go clear the WB's, Delves, etc. for the first time to "white" out the map to indicate you've completed it, that's 100% an option and basically what you'll be doing now to track your progress.

Obviously when it comes to "extra" things, like selling 1mil gold worth of stolen goods, that won't be tracked. Idk why any sane person would want to do achievements like that on every one of their characters anyways...but that's just me, lol.

This update giving or taking away the purpose of having alts, however, is subjective. As I explained above, you'll still be able to track things on an individual character basis, but only for "important" things, not the "extra" things. No, you won't be able to see how many safeboxes you've picked with a character. But you will be able to track all the other things with "greater purpose". And that's the big choice ZOS had to make when doing this update. What served the greater purpose? In other words, what will give the most fun to the majority of players? If you look at the poll on this topic, and the polls on all the other topics throughout the years when it came to account-wide achievements, the majority of the ESO community wanted it. You'll never be able to please everyone, and because of this, you need to make a sacrifice on who you'll please. Please the minority of the community, or please the majority of the community? The obvious answer is doing what pleases the majority of your player base.
    I kinda side tracked there, but again, talking about the purpose of alts being subjective, this update actually has the opposite effect on a majority of individuals, such as myself. We don't see it as the purpose of our alts are now taken from us. We see it as a form of freedom. We see it as, "wow, I can now finally make 17 different alts, and go into any content, at any time, with any group, on any role or character, and not have to worry about missing out on that achievement/title that I really wanted on my main. I may never get another chance to get Godslayer or Planebreaker again, as most groups disband after achieving it, or don't want to spend another couple months trying to get it. I don't want to waste more time either. Finally, I can play the character/role I'm in the mood for and not feel like I'm missing out on something I might not come across again for a while". That's how I and others see it. We're finally free to make any character we want and just play. A group that's doing content I want to do needs a Necro? No problem, I can do that and still get credit now. Oh, another group that's also doing something I need wants me on a MagSorc for Minor Prophecy? No problem, I got you. See what we see?

Additionally, you have to remember, we're OCD too. We're completionists too. The difference? We value our time, and we don't like wasting it. Having a baby toon that has no achievements messes with our OCD just as much as it does for you. But in a different effect. It kills us that, "ugh, guess I have to do Strangled Cowardess in vMHK HM all over again. Everyone's got to dodge roll the vines from the Garden boss perfectly now all over again. Guess I have to spend hours of my life doing repetitive dailies in every single zone and DLC to get the 30 day achievement now. Guess we gotta drag out the Rhakkat fight all over again for Dro'Destroyer". See what I mean? As I said earlier, the question isn't, "can we do it again", the question is, "do we really want to spend hours/days/months progging this extra side achievement when we could be using this time to RP, decorate our house, shoot the [snip] with our friends when doing pledges/dungs and trials, etc.".
    Again, fun is the most important aspect of a game. However, fun is subjective, and because of this, developers need to figure out what players find fun. They do this through surveys, feedback, forums, etc., and of course, their internal analytics. But when the player base says, "we want this to increase our fun value", and the other part of the player base says, "no, that will get rid of our fun value", they need to make a decision. That decision, unless it hampers gameplay, revenue, or the vision of the game, will always go to the majority. Why wouldn't you want to make as many people happy as possible? It sucks but...this is what we want :/

But again, from the sounds of it, it doesn't even seem like it's the achievements you care about. It's more so of the individual character progression more then anything, which luckily, that's still there.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 30, 2022 1:33PM
    "And the Scrolls have foretold, of black wings in the cold,
    That when brothers wage war come unfurled!
    Alduin, Bane of Kings, ancient shadow unbound,
    With a hunger to swallow the world!"
    54k Achievement Point Club
  • Miragent
    Miragent
    ✭✭✭
    Fazuszek wrote: »
    titles shoud be separate.

Achivments account wide - i dont need ,,master resin harvester'' on all toons...

The exact opposite for me. Titles are cosmetics, for example, I'd like to put Spark of Vengeance title on my Vollendrung wielding Malacath devout I have no intention to ever PVE with, earned 100 times over with my Cauldron HM grinding toons.

Whereas achievements track actual progress, grant xp and serve as reference source (albeit poor and questionable, but still). And for repeat achievements on alts you still can get that rush of satisfaction when that big alert 'Achievement unlocked: xxxxx' pops on your screen.

So, for me, please Titles account wide, Achievements character locked.