The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would you prefer account wide achievements?

• Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamboot wrote: »
    No you can't, I don't want to see my titles unlocked by other chars in the list of the titles of my other chars, and they must be earnable again, this is extremely different from mounts, which not only 99% of them are cash shop locked but even if they weren't they mostly play a utility role.
    Sure you can. If you can suspend your disbelief enough to pretend that an entire substantial section of the game (Hats, Hair Styles, Head Markings, Facial Hair, Major, Adornments, Minor Adornments, Costumes, Body Markings, Skins, Personalities, Polymorphs, Furnishings, Allies, Houseguests, Tools, Emotes, and Houses (not actually under Collections, but still account-wide)) don't exist in your Collections tab or that there's a reason for them existing (including those outside of being linked to achievements) in a roleplay sense, you can very easily pretend the same with titles. As you're scrolling down the list, pretend they don't exist on a given character. Gloss over them. Ignore them. Chose not to use them. Easy solution.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I can't have a class change token so I can change my old main into essentially my new main then yes. Motif knowledge mainly, to be honest.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Saieden
    Saieden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some achievements should be account wide, but the rest should remain as is.
    The new poll I made was closed and referred to this one, despite that I made it clear the intention was to add more nuance to the conversation and allow for players to re-evaluate their opinions on the matter now that we can actually see what was changed in practice.

I deliberately made an effort to distinguish between "Would you prefer Account Wide Achievements?" and "Do you like what we were given?" which are related, but two very different questions.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7510417
  • guarstompemoji
    guarstompemoji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd prefer account wide achievements.
    Happy for the update. There are...a very few toxic players who are upset over this. There are a few who also enjoyed the separates for valid reasons, such as RP or personal goal-setting. Most seem in favor though, with a sense of relief.
  • Saieden
    Saieden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some achievements should be account wide, but the rest should remain as is.
    Happy for the update. There are...a very few toxic players who are upset over this. There are a few who also enjoyed the separates for valid reasons, such as RP or personal goal-setting. Most seem in favor though, with a sense of relief.

That's partly because most of the votes were made before it was live on PTS. Also there is no option to say you want to character progression and tracking, which is most people are actually saying if you read through all the comments.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PTS is showing that issues with Quests such as the Museum Quests in Zones are bugged and once complete the quest for a Museum on one character the Museum is shown as full for all other characters and the Quest is not available, and even worse the items for the Museum is no longer available in the game for pick up since the Museum already has all the items.

This means that items such as the free DPS Target in Clockwork city, the free Music Box in Western Skyrim, and other such rewards are one time only per account. So if you have several homes you can only have one of your homes have these free items.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/596970/pts-update-33-feedback-thread-for-account-wide-achievements/p1

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd prefer account wide achievements.
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I really enjoy finding all the skyshards in overland on all my alts. It's a lot of fun - as is reading every book I run across.

You are likely the exceptions. I have done it with more than 20 characters and I am very tired of it.
    PC
    PS4/PS5