The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Harrowstorms are an un fun pain and a step backwards compared to similar incarnations.

• Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    we can talk about the rewards, but otherwise i think they are awesome

the technical aspects of the encounter are fine, I have no doubt that the spent quite some time on them, and the mechanics are very nice.

that is not the problem

its the supporting structure around them as I have listed further above:
    -spawn time
    -spawn alert or tracking
    -shrine proximity / travel time
    -spawn rotation
    -rewards

Most of these sum up the whole "chapter", along with could use a year of 2 more debuging...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind waiting! At times I've chosen to wait for a dragon instead of traveling to one. I've waited for Dolmens, World Bosses, Dungeon Bosses, Delve Bosses and Abyssal Geysers BUT at no time have I ever waited for over an hour for a spawn like you can with these Harrowstorms.

No indication where they may be spawning, no idication when, absolutely nothing to do WHILE you wait, a total waste of playtime. Impossible to travel to them to "check" or to "join" an active one because unlike the Abyssal Geysers the wayshrines are not at all condusive to this kind of travel.

And on top of all that the drops are abysmal.

I want to want to do all the content, but this is way too much even for a completionist like me.
    Edited by Inaya on June 9, 2020 2:00PM
  • kensan62_ESO
    kensan62_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The "meh" rewards from the storms and lack of ability to actually see when a storm is up is hurting this function of the game. The developers have to fix this in some way. I played last night and it was very difficult to get players to come help with a storm. Nobody wants to travel across the map by foot to get to it. Maybe make the swirly icons that mark where they are at twirl when the storm is active. At least from there you can make the determination if its gonna be far or not. I ask in zone chat all the time if a storm is up and alot of people answer with "look up in the sky, u cant miss them." Um, yes you can because the Northwatch and Giant storms cant be seen if you are on the otherside near Morthal. Not fun at all playing the strategic guessing game of where they might spawn.
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Hey Folks!

Thanks for the feedback and we absolutely hear you on the core issues you mentioned. We are taking a look at the Harrowstorms and how to reduce some of the pain points.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep. Harrowstorms themselves are pretty cool. But how they are implemented and all the downsides mentioned in this thread just compel me to do something else. Accessibility and rewards need some serious rework. And who likes to sit around staring at a screen, waiting for something to happen? We have load screens for that. :/
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like the rest of the zone they are visually incredible, the sound design is brilliant and the gameplay mechanics are engaging even if they do include the same un-telegraphed one shots that the dragons have become notorious for.

But given the fact that I don’t think I’ve ever received anything more than five hundred gold worth of loot and on rare occasions some alchemy ingredients that are gonna be so hard to come by they might as well not exist

1 un-telegraphed one shots even if you are not in any aoe and have no effects on you
    2 the wayshrine placement is terrible
    3 random appearance means that you pretty much have to blunder into one in the few seconds before the Zerg nukes it
    4 after the first few weeks when the crowds get bored/fed up, completing these things will be almost impossible given how remote and random they are
    5 rewards are not worth it, I’ve got far more loot for a lot less effort from trash mobs
    6 unlike the crimson nirnroot the other two alchemy mats seem aimed at pvp... I promise you the pvp crowd are not going to do these things given the sheer effort involved combined with almost none existent drop rates
    Edited by Integral1900 on June 13, 2020 6:03AM
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) wayshrines and travel time

for SOME reason it seems effort was made to deliberately place harrowstorm locations as far as possible from wayshrines, and i do mean deliberate. in fact it seems like ZOS was extra stingy with wayshrines this time around in general, usually when a company does this there is some $$$ idea behind it like paid fast travel or something, but as ESO (currently) lacks any such mechanic it seems done to just make it more of a pain?

if you compare to summerset it had an abundance of shrines around and many placed within a reasonable distance of world bosses and geysers. elsweyr may have slipped a little bit on this point but introduced a new more useful mechanic to make up for it. and one not even bring up popular dolmen farms in the base games that often have shrines right next to them for ease of access.
    The northern coast of Haafingar is really lacking in this department, need a wayshrine up there.

• DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    we can talk about the rewards, but otherwise i think they are awesome

the technical aspects of the encounter are fine, I have no doubt that the spent quite some time on them, and the mechanics are very nice.

that is not the problem

its the supporting structure around them as I have listed further above:
    -spawn time
    -spawn alert or tracking
    -shrine proximity / travel time
    -spawn rotation
    -rewards

Most of these sum up the whole "chapter", along with could use a year of 2 more debuging...

ZOS would saying "working as intended". The more time you spend doing something, the more opportunity for a crown store hit and/or longer subscription period. Streeeeeeeetch the content.
  • Nulami
    Nulami
    ✭✭✭
    Inaya wrote: »
    I don't mind waiting! At times I've chosen to wait for a dragon instead of traveling to one. I've waited for Dolmens, World Bosses, Dungeon Bosses, Delve Bosses and Abyssal Geysers BUT at no time have I ever waited for over an hour for a spawn like you can with these Harrowstorms.

I was waiting last night at a storm location. Waited so long that the game kicked me for lack of activity.

Still not sure if I'm going to pick up that daily quest again.

• Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nulami wrote: »
    Inaya wrote: »

I was waiting last night at a storm location. Waited so long that the game kicked me for lack of activity.

Still not sure if I'm going to pick up that daily quest again.

Yep, I haven't done the daily since. One and only one I did took me 3 days :(
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you hit the nail on the head, OP.

Any one of those things alone would be a minor annoyance, but all of them combined makes harrowstorms a real chore.

I don't like to start by making accusations of conspiracy right off the bat, but it's hard to think of valid reasons for doing this besides stretching content and incentivizing buying motiffs with crowns. Maybe two different teams did dragon encounters and harrowstorms? Quality of life points like this can be lost in translation if there isn't strong communication going on.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with most of feedback here.

I've barely done more than a couple 'kill quests' for Harrowstorms because it's just too much of a time waste hunting down active ones. Combine that with how far some of them are from shrines or that they are split up between two zones, it's just annoying and not a good experience.

There should be an active indicator like dragons on the map for them with a way to tell when they are about to spawn so you have time to travel, they are not like anchors where there are only three of them in the zone and spawn on a rotation, the RNG aspect is fine I guess, but what's the goal? To make us port around, ride half way from a wayshrine to a storm location to see if it's up, ride back and repeat this at the next location endlessly. I seem to have a 50/50 shot of zone actually communicating when asked about storms up and that's at launch, how bad will this be six months from now with lower pop in the zone? Even with the dragons spawning on a rotation, we still saw them move around the map before landing so knew they would be active soon and had a combat indicator on them that even showed when they passed half health to see if it was worth trying to make it there in time.

And yes, the rewards are lackluster. The zone drops aren't that great to begin with, so the chance at getting the same thing from them you get from a random chest is meaningless. The vampire crafting mat isn't even guaranteed, when you should get one per storm. It's a basic crafting style mat, not perfect roe! And the daily reward coffer is the same as the other two, no reason to care if you miss it, just do the faster and easier daily dungeon and world boss and save the next couple hours of your life. I just don't see any reason to even do Harrowstorms past if you want the initial clear or maybe if you want the daily repeatable achievement.

Finally, a cosmetic type of complaint. The storms look cool, good design there, but the NPC 'encounter' before the storm needs to be something besides the same group of campers saying the same things at the center of every storm spot before it spawn at every location on both maps. It was cute the first time, and we are used to things getting old in an MMO because of how repeatable everything can be, but there should have been at least 4-5 different groups of NPCs doing different things at different locations to get disturbed by the spawning storm. This is the least important of issues with the storms, but it does make it feel like corners were cut in developing.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An interesting difference on PC/NA:
    • SKYRIM Harrowstorms are up a long time, it takes some time to kill them, so there is usually enough time to reach them despite the long ride from wayshrines (assuming you have rapids and a max speed mount), but
    • BLACKREACH Harrowstorms die really fast. Unless you are actually camping at the site, there is no way to reach them in time, which is a pain if you are just trying to check off all the harrowstorm sites.
    Why is this? Is there a big health difference on the pikes above and below?
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dont care about travel time, rewards or map visibility as at least the Skyrim one are visible from far away. Main issue is being able to predict/see which storm is up and reach it in reasonable time. Easy fix for that I can see, one that wouldnt go against dolmen/geysir design or caused reshuffle of wayshrine locations :D is to start the storm way earlier in the process of harrowstorm mechanics (for 'immersive' warning) or like suggested show on map storm that is about to start.
  • Calypso589
    Calypso589
    ✭✭✭
    It’s honestly impressive how they can see how & why Alikr dolmens are farmed, how & why people loved farming dragons (and still do), and design Harrowstorms like this.

Not a single person thought to adapt the map icon indicators for when a storm would be spawning or how many pikes had been destroyed? Really?

At any rate here’s my solution cuz it’s not all complaints from me.

- their locations relative to wayshrines is fine imo. That’s not really an issue.

- When a harrowstorm spawns, the icon should rotate. It should rotate like a hurricane. That would be extremely on theme.

- When two witch pikes have been destroyed, the icon should either crack the same way dragon icons do.....or have it turn red. Cuz blood or something.

This will help players en route determine if it’s worth it to keep going.

- And finally......put those damn things on a rotation.

Either that or handle them the same way you did with summerset: two up, two down.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    I seem to have a 50/50 shot of zone actually communicating when asked about storms up and that's at launch, how bad will this be six months from now with lower pop in the zone?

This is also something that should be noted.

I have asked in zone where the active storm is, and there is usually no response. And then, only seconds later, I will spot it, announce to the zone that "Harrowstom X is up", and arrive just in time for several players to be finishing it. They will stand around for a few moments, then everyone ports. And still no zone chatter about storm locations, except the dummy (me) who let everybody else know too late and who will receive the ire of other players who are already porting/riding to a now extinguished storm.

So, it occurred to me that what is happening is there is an organized group farming these things, and they have characters from other accounts parked at each one of the possible ritual sites. Once one pops, the active players port to the one camping the spot, and they engage it as soon as they can get there.

Now I'm not against farming, or organized groups, but this is effectively cutting the solo player out of the content since there are no active storm map markers, like there are with dragons. If they were to perhaps add that feature, as well as a couple more strategically placed wayshrines, I think most of the issues with the harrowstorms would be solved (other than the currently unattractive loot.)

ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Hey Folks!

Thanks for the feedback and we absolutely hear you on the core issues you mentioned. We are taking a look at the Harrowstorms and how to reduce some of the pain points.

And we appreciate you conversing with us and letting us know you hear our issues and are looking for solutions. Thanks!

Edited by Jaraal on June 9, 2020 6:20PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • KingArthasMenethil
    KingArthasMenethil
    ✭✭✭
    In regards to Wayshrines.
    I'd say Deepwood Vale is the pointless one it's like very close to Dragon Bridge and should've had that wayshrine on the north coast.
    EU 2000+ CP
    Characters
    Gaius Sulla 50 Cyrodiil DragonKnight.
    Livia Sulla 50 Cyrodiil Nightblade.
    Divayth-Fyr 50 Dunmer Sorcerer.
    Ragnar Shatter-Shield 50 Nord Dragonknight.
    Selvia Sulla 50 Cyrodiil Templar.
    Attrebus Mede 50 Cyrodiil Warden.
    Zirath Urivith 50 Dunmer Dragonknight.
    Dame Edwinna Gelas 50 Breton Dragonknight.
    Agrippina Tharn 50 Cyrodiil Necromancer.
    Bedal Dren 50 Dunmer Dragonknight.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Hey Folks!

Wanted to jump in again to this thread and thank you for 1) taking the time to respond, and 2) offering us some hope things will change.
  • Purgatorium
    Thankfully someone commented about how un-fun the Harrowstorm experience is. I feel like a storm chaser with no radar ...spending too much time trying to find an active Harrowstorm. I also agree that this is a step backwards from what was presented in Elsweyr. I enjoyed killing the dragons and I didn't have to hunt for active dragons! Harrowstorms on the other hand have quickly become a pain and made this part of doing dailies a waste of my time.

1. As with Elsweyr, a map indicator showing active Harrowstorms showing a faded spinning icon when they starting up, fully opaque spinning icon when they are active, and a cracked spinning icon when 2 or 3 witches pikes are destroyed.

2. The loot is terrible and non enticing ...why bother except for to do the dailies, style materials, or get a non rewarding achievement.

3. A wayshrine needs to be placed in the northern end of Western Skyrim. I distinctly get the impression that it was omitted to further add to the time sink of non productive travel.
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the rewards are a bit lacking. Making vile coagulant a guaranteed drop would help a lot with a housing community pain point RE crafting vampiric furniture. In my observation after tracking vile drops in 50 harrows, I had a drop rate of 42.5%.

RE spawn times, its actually only a few mins between one storm dying and the next being active, if that helps. There is no point in scouting for the new one until a couple of mins have passed - you won't see it from a distance for at least that long. Most of the time, the new one spawns in 2-3 mins.

RE blackreach v. western skyrim, it is actually FAR easier to find the active storm in west skyrim - despite having more possible storms. That is because from one location (literally on top of morthal wayshrine without going anywhere) you can check and monitor 4 storm locations. This means that to check all 6 sites, you only need to check 3 vantages. This is not possible in blackreach - you have to check all 4 separately. To check the northern two storms in west skyrim, you do have to make a short run to get to a vantage, but its a shorter run than say, checking miner's in blackreach.

So, if your horse is slow, don't wait at a specific site - wait at morthal wayshrine. You can see 4 from there, and if a different one is called, you are already right on top of the wayshrine for faster travel.

I have done somewhere between 400 and 500 harrows at this point. On average, doing 3 for the daily takes about 30 mins. It's really not that bad, but it does require knowledge about vantages/tempo, and a willingness to chase an active storm rather than wait at a site. THAT BEING SAID, I agree, they really should add an active map icon, like with dragons. This is an unnecessary step backwards, and not having icons encourages players to play in a way that was *not* intended (i.e., waiting at a site rather than doing the active storm).
  • Frankieluv14
    Frankieluv14
    ✭✭
    Just to add a couple notes to the above comments regarding harrowstorms.
    1. The way the team has structured daily quests turn in is in stark contrast to every other zone. In western Skyrim you can only pick up, or turn in one quest a day. That in its self isn’t the problem, the problem is if one turns in the daily they completed yesterday today, they can’t pick up today’s daily and will have to wait until the following day to do so. This is like Maj not giving today’s daily pledge because you turned in yesterday’s. So what ends up happening is you end up picking up the quests every other day, if you don’t complete the same day. This, along with the unpredictable spawn location, times and lackluster drops, makes me less motivated to complete them.

2. They are red. I’m going to note this because I’ve worked as a color designer in cosmetics and interior design for the last 18 years. There is a significant percentage of the male population has a degree of color blindness. This results in the color red appear as gray tone. In my experience playing I’ve come across many players that struggled with standing in the red because they couldn’t see it. At this point I can even identify players with this issue immediately and show them how to adjust to make incoming damage more visible. When I read many of these post claiming harrowstorms are difficult to see, I think this may also be a contributing factor. 1 they are spread out and hard to get to, 2 there is a lot of snow and light colored terrain, 3 the weather is often stormy. If we add this all together (and remember there is no red to these individuals) we get: grayed distance desaturation, snowy gray/white background, white grey skies and a gray looking harrowstorm. Plus everything in the harrowstorm is red so these poor players literally fighting polar bears in a snowstorm- everything is the same color. This is just above ground. Raising the saturation and dominance of the black component in the storms might help them become more visible above ground. In blackreach some other color or highly visible effect could be added like storm lightning.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that is not the problem

Then you haven't done them late at night when you're lucky to get 4 people to show up. One way Dragons were a step backwards from Geysers and Dolmens is that Dragons didn't adapt the amount of adds to the number of players present. Harrowstorms take this error and multiply it by orders of magnitude.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Jinxxy85
    Jinxxy85
    ✭✭✭
    I'm PS4, so yesterday was my second day of trying to do the harrowstorm dailies. So far it's been the worst experience I've ever had. I've tried waiting for them, I've tried running around between shrines to catch them, I've sacrificed a goat to Molag Bal and still I've only managed to catch three. I've managed to catch a handful that were up but with no enemies. And my final straw after hours of broken ones last night was to be kicked to the character select screen about ten seconds into one that just started. When I tried logging back in it had even rolled my account back about five minutes prior to the kick. I was overland when kicked, but back in Blackreach when I logged back in. Plus it had removed my food buff I'd just consumed.

As mentioned, something along the lines of an indicator for the storms would go such a long way with people. I've seen so many frustrated in zone chat coming across broken ones repeatedly. I always go for the achievements of completing X amount of dailies in each new area but I'm considering skipping the harrowstorm one, it's just too much of a headache at the moment.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that is not the problem

Then you haven't done them late at night when you're lucky to get 4 people to show up. One way Dragons were a step backwards from Geysers and Dolmens is that Dragons didn't adapt the amount of adds to the number of players present. Harrowstorms take this error and multiply it by orders of magnitude.

In fact, let me clarify this further:

In Geysers, a new group of mobs would be added to every wave for every two players who joined (1 group for 1 player, 2 groups for 3 players, etc. (up to a limit, of course)). If you beat a certain timer, a more difficult "general" boss would spawn. If not, a normal boss would spawn. All of this was good. It meant the more players that showed up, the harder the Geyser would get. And the better those players did, the harder the Geyser would get--up to a limit, of course.

With Harrowstorms, the longer the storm is up, the more enemies spawn, regardless of how many players are present or how well they're doing (from what I've been able to tell, at least). This actually makes sense from a storytelling perspective, but from a gameplay perspective, it's simply atrocious. It means that the fewer players present, the harder the HS gets, and the poorer those players' performance, the harder the HS gets. That means if you show up at 3AM PST to a storm that's already been up a while and manage to get two other players to show up, you end up with four 3-bar bosses chasing you around, filling the ground with red, casting CCs and one-shots at you (if you're me, at least). But, if you have a decent-size group there at the storm as it forms, you kill it quickly before bosses start to spawn, and it's a complete cakewalk.

The idea that anyone would think this is anything but awful boggles my mind.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • anjasa
    anjasa
    I'm really glad that devs are looking into this. I can't get over how disappointing the loot is for these things. It's mind boggling. All else aside, if they had better loot, I could deal with it, but as it is, what's even the point? Unless you get extremely lucky and get an epic plan, it's better just doing the rest of the content, and I've had far more luck getting plans off of random mobs. I think the best loot I've gotten is a 1k treasure, a vile coagulant and a treasure map in another zone.
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MasterSpatula

RE harrow difficulty, they are only difficult if players ignore the ghost mechanic. I have duoed many of these with a guildie (and I do basically no damage). It was late at night, so sometimes someone else would show up, but never more than a couple. Did it take a while? Yes. Was it hard? No.

Stun the ghosts. Or kill them, but stunning is better. If the ghosts never get to the pikes, those elite horrible mobs (*glares at shrikes*) never spawn. the waves of small, normal adds will still spawn, but those are very easy to deal with and only spawn a few at a time.

One player can easily take care of all the ghosts. I do it all the time. All you have to do is slot that psijic stun bubble skill, I forget the name - the one that lets you stun everything in a bubble at range. Then just... stun all the ghosts. Once stunned, they never start moving again (unlike with immobolize, after which they will start moving again). As long as one ghost from its wave remains alive, that wave of ghosts will not spawn again.

Eventually, the wave of ghosts will despawn on their own without anyone killing them, but you do have time after stunning all ghosts on each pike to deal damage to one pike (poorly, if you are me) or regain resources, etc. Just make sure to keep an eye on when the first wave you stunned starts to despawn, so you can go re-stun the new wave on each pike again.

RE killing vs stunning, killing all the ghosts in a wave makes the wave respawn faster, meaning more ghosts will have to be dealt with. stunning them means that that wave will be standing still, not moving towards a pike, for the maximum amount of time before despawning. As such, if you are trying to do this late at night or with only a couple of friends, stunning is the way to go. Further, if you have bad DPS and cant kill them fast enough, stunning will solve the problem. On a related note, if you see someone at the harrow stunning the ghosts, there is no need to kill them also. That will just make them respawn faster.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Development getting worse, performance getting worse, the price staying the same...this all sounds very familiar.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive literally fallen asleep on my keyboard waiting over an hour at one for it to spawn.
    Ive waited over an hour multiple times and a couple of times for an hour and a half just trying to complete that one on a character.

Im sure ZoS wants us to be so bored "playing" the game that we are falling asleep.
    Edited by Katahdin on June 13, 2020 12:15AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biggest pain point for me is that the spawns of blackreach and the overland are shared, and that the wayshrines are far away. the wayshrine proximity is the biggest meh thing about it and is the reason that northern elsweyr dragons are dead content overall.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The game, like most games, has at least some mechanics that are all about making people wait. While you are waiting to do content, you are not grinding it to boredom and burning out on it, and if you are forced to do things slowly, the new content they develop will last longer before people stop playing.

I'm not saying it's particularly bad in ESO, or even that it's necessarily bad in general to slow people down a bit when they are playing a game, but it is most assuredly by design. The clear and informative announcement of active dragons on the Elsweyr maps made that content too quick and efficient. It became less of a social hunt and more of a well coordinated slaughter assisted by an efficient information system.

Having us waiting, not having complete information, and talking about that amongst ourselves, makes good sense for the developers, and I'd say it really doesn't take away from the fun for us.

On a much related note, I'm disappointed in the passive from the new skill lines that makes treasure chests shine like beacons. I was bad at spotting them, but that was the whole point. Next step up in obviousness would be to have them spin and bob up and down in the air with shiny sparkles, figuratively shouting "look at me". Some games do it like that. I like that at least some things are low key and not blindingly obvious in ESO. We'll see if it lasts.

Or you just feel like the content is grindy and not fun and you just stop playing.