The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Consolidated outstanding Greymoor bug thread (PC/Mac) - Updated re patch v6.1.7

Pyr0xyrecuprotite
Pyr0xyrecuprotite
✭✭✭✭✭
The June 3 v6.0.6 patch did not address some known quest and other issues, nor did patch v6.0.7 (June 15), nor the PC/Mac server maintenance on July 7, nor Patch v6.0.9 on July 13. I will try to keep this consolidated bug thread updated for issues specific to the Greymoor update (currently updated as of September 21 patch 6.1.7, which fixed a few new bugs but not the older ones). Note that these issues are specific to PC/Mac; I'm assuming Consoles may see some of these issues later too but I don't play on PS/4 or XBox1. Many bugs were fixed in v6.0.8 on June 29 - but not all; some issues remain problematic.
There are several other reports of vampire-related bugs, but I'm trying to only list issues that have been reported by several players. One of the Harrowstorm bug threads also had some other bugs listed in this thread; I'll try to include them above later today.

PC issues fixed since launch

Bugs which have been fixed on the quiet at some point in v6.1.5 or later, but not mentioned in patch notes:
  • (Annoying) Sunspire and Elsweyr dragon breath roar persists during and after battle. Very loud and annoying. Going into your Champion Points and out again (Alt key) gets rid of the audio bug (until the next dragon), or go into audio settings and toggle sound off/on. Update Sep 21: This appears to have been partially fixed in 6.1.6 or earlier(?), the roar usually ends after combat now.
  • (Annoying) Screen tilt/shake during Antiquity digs - confirmed as a bug in this thread. Update Sep 21: I think this was fixed in Stonethorn v6.1.5 (but not mentioned) - digs sometimes jiggle slightly but don't go crazy anymore.
  • (Minor) Picking up one of the Greymoor delve daily quests (The Preservation of Life) prevents being able to pickup the boss daily, until you complete or abandon the delve daily. Confirmed by ZoS in this thread. This seems to have been fixed in v6.1.5 or later, not happening to me anymore.

Bugs fixed in Update 27 StoneThorn v6.1.5 on August 24 (PC/Mac):
  • (Annoying) Some people cannot combine the 50 Stone Husk fragments (dropped in Labyrinthian) in inventory, to create the Stone Husk combat dummy. This was apparently disabled by ZoS due to an exploit where some people managed to create multiple combat targets with their fragments; fixed (and enabled) now in Update 27.
  • (Cosmetic) Ransir NPC visual missing in a Hounds of Hircine quest step in Blackreach, although you can still speak to him... invisibly. (Zos is working on a fix, as per this thread.) One of the comments below indicate that the issue was fixed in U27, not occurring anymore.

Bugs listed as fixed in June 29 patch v6.0.8 (PC/Mac, not consoles):
Previous bugs that were fixed in June 3 patch v6.0.6:
  • Gold Antiquity digs broken, main treasure does not align with actual location (dig up sparkly area instead)
  • (Blackreach) "Digging up trouble" quest broken at "read the note" step. Note does not appear, relog doesn't work.
  • MULTIPLE antiquity-related issues listed as fixed in this update.
  • Normal Maelstrom and normal DSA weapons used to not drop (or dropped only rarely). (This was mentioned in ESO Live as being a bug.)
  • No "final sale" warning when selling blue quality stolen items to a fence.

[Hotfixed June 16](Nchthunkarst public dungeon in Blackreach) Dwemer spider adds in the Haj Mota encounter were giving unintended bonus XP, fixed. (Lol I wonder if anyone was actually exploiting or even noticed this bug - seems trivial).

[Hotfixed June 15]Changing factions prevents you getting Rewards for the Worthy mails for any new AP earned.

[Hotfixed June 4](Blackreach) Vampire Feeding Grounds world boss sometimes glitches, boss would refuse to fight.
[Hotfixed June 4](Trivial) Main login screen scrolling banner message at bottom refers to v6.0.5, even after June 3 patch v6.0.6 was applied.

[Hotfixed May 28](Greymoor) Danger in the Holds main quest step broken when you need to destroy a witch pike in Morthal Barrow, if you do this too quickly before the dialogue ends (or if others nearby kill it).
Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on September 21, 2020 5:55PM
  • risiblewilbury
    Receiving xp causes stutter and frame drop for some players, this hasn't been fixed yet.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really should be in the Bugs Forums, @Pyr0xyrecuprotite, and not General Discussion.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings!

This thread has been moved to the Bug Reports section of the Forums.

Enjoy the Journey!
    -Kage
    Staff Post
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Greymoor: draugr in delves that wake up from a wall coffin are untargetable and unkillable. (I have not checked to see if this issue affects Eastmarch/Rift delves too). NOTE: this was listed as fixed in v6.0.6 for the Dragonhome delve

Just wanted to report that this has not, in fact, been fixed. I've just been in Dragonhome and a number of draugr remain untargetable/unkillable.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Sometimes NPCs will talk without opening mouths.
    • Sometimes the terrain glitches and there's no higher texture loaded in certain places (similar to what Cyrodiil had for years occasionally). I've heard this happening also in Elsweyr now and possibly elsewhere. Logging off/on fixes it.
    • Drinking a stealth detection potion will NOT show the visual effect (the eye) if stealth detection isn't first on the list.
    • No sound when drinking a potion (not sure if this is a new feature or a bug).
    • Killing a NPC with a Blade of Woe in Skyrim turns the music to Battle music that just won't go away (even though no bounty).
    Edited by maboleth on June 4, 2020 12:00AM
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mesmerize not working on NPCs in Western Skyrim (specifically the banker, guild merchants) to make them interactable.
    In other cities, it's half and half where NPCs either see you as a Stage 4 or just as a regular human without the usage of Mesmerize.

Feeding on NPCs does not restore health.

Mist Form doesn't always toggle properly in highly intensive situations (Cyrodiil, trials, harrowstorms).

Weapon swap still gets locked in highly intensive situations (same as above).

Blood Scion needs more invulnerability frames through transformation as the player character is stuck there for all to group up around and wail on.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »
    Mesmerize not working on NPCs in Western Skyrim (specifically the banker, guild merchants) to make them interactable.
    In other cities, it's half and half where NPCs either see you as a Stage 4 or just as a regular human without the usage of Mesmerize.

Mesmerize somewhat works everywhere, except for those you mentioned (I tested the banker, not working). You need to stand in front of the merchants with their heads turned to you. If they are not facing you, it won't work. Makes sense though.
    Edited by maboleth on June 3, 2020 11:47PM
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Sephyr wrote: »

Mesmerize somewhat works everywhere, except for those you mentioned (I tested the banker, not working). You need to stand in front of the merchants with their heads turned to you. If they are not facing you, it won't work. Makes sense though.

I know how it works, there's specific ones that are based on a factional system (as the ones I mentioned). The other portion is that others who SHOULD be bewildered by your ghastly appearance aren't. There's no consistency, hence it's a bug.

Places of inconsistency;
    • Guild traders in quite a few major city hubs such as Daggerfall aren't even bothered that you're a Stage 4, yet the merchant up the stairs is? That's a bug.
    • Both bankers, about 30% of the vendors, and all of the guild traders in Western Skyrim won't accept the input of Mesmerize. Bug.
    • Some stablemasters won't accept the input of Mesmerize. Bug.

I could go on and on, but you get the point. Myself and others had bug reported this in game numerous times on the PTS and it still made it to live.
    Edited by Sephyr on June 4, 2020 12:24AM
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's beyond me that they let the game with those bugs - vampires are the main thing now, yet people cannot interact properly with sellers, traders and banks due to mesmerize not working and other issues. Waiting for stage 3 takes 3 hours.

IMO, everything around vamps should be a priority for this patch. But instead we will wait 25 days for these issues to be solved - if not then, then 2 more weeks after that.
    I accepted that no game is perfect, but at this new cadence of incremental patches, we will get more and more bugs with less time between major updates (and new bugs). Only if they start releasing big fat patches every other week it will be ok.
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While excavating, screen will tilt back and forth, as if it wanted to turn clockwise or counter-clockwise. Sometimes several times per excavation. Makes me sea-sick... ^^;;
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While excavating, screen will tilt back and forth, as if it wanted to turn clockwise or counter-clockwise. Sometimes several times per excavation. Makes me sea-sick... ^^;;

I'm personally not sure if this is a bug or just an additional intentional challenge that may throw you off. Would be nice to know if it is intentional or a bug though. (And yes, I know what you mean). This issue has been confirmed as a bug, and added to the list above.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on June 15, 2020 5:03PM
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Cant use the new skill lines at all, skills do not stick to where I allocate them.
    • If manage to get them to stay (bad skill points!) I cant seem to swap bars anymore. Having to spend 21k gold to unlock via skill shrine is frustrating.
    • Also cant rez anyone as well.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated original posting with a few further known bugs, to try slow down the number of duplicate bug report threads.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    • Killing a NPC with a Blade of Woe in Skyrim turns the music to Battle music that just won't go away (even though no bounty).

This one could be another version of the endless dragon roar audio bug? Try the known workarounds (turn audio off/on, or go into CP settings and out again). I have used the BoW a couple of times and not experienced this issue - is it only on specific NPCs?
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on June 15, 2020 5:07PM
  • Deminia
    Deminia
    ✭✭
    Harrowstorms that either never spawn or take hours to spawn and some that seem to get stuck in animations with no enemies.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes the highlighted excavation area on the map doesn't register, and prevents the glowy wayfinder memento thing from activating. You have to reload UI to get it to work.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the highlighted excavation area on the map doesn't register, and prevents the glowy wayfinder memento thing from activating. You have to reload UI to get it to work.

@UntilValhalla13 This issue is listed as fixed in June 29'ths patch v6.0.8.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deminia wrote: »
    Harrowstorms that either never spawn or take hours to spawn and some that seem to get stuck in animations with no enemies.

@Deminia most of the Harrowstorm issues appear to have been fixed now in patch 6.0.8. on June 29. Were you still having issues after this?

[I have also added the Werewolf justice system bug to the list above.]
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else disappointed by the lack of actual fixes in Patch v6.0.9 today (July 13)?
  • AlienMagi
    AlienMagi
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know if this issue started since greymoor because im a new player, but it might be worth adding that using the block button while mounted breaks your character personality's run and walk animations.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated original post re Update 27; surprisingly few of the listed bugs have been fixed.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After U27 patch, for me:
    Rasir is visible
    Gwendis voice matches her dialogue in the Lady of Blood
    Didn't encounter any more missing voice/face animation on NPC, but may have gotten lucky
    During main Greymoor quest got only one bug: after getting Svargrim's health to 0 he stood still for about a minute or two before he decided to finally acknowledge the fact that he's dead. No relogging was required.

Also, I own Greymoor but can't use "take all" if lead is with stolen things and have to take lead first and then take all as usual
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated original post re PC/Mac patch v6.17 on September 21. No new listed fixes (that I could find) for the listed items, although a few issues do appear to have come clear in recent weeks (not broken anymore), despite not being mentioned in recent patch notes.