Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Werewolf justice system bug

Tommy_The_Gun
Tommy_The_Gun
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have noticed it today, while doing zone overland bosses. Previously, I was doing delves & public dungeons so it was not noticeable.

If you transform into Werewolf and fight some mobs or zone overland bosses, without gathering any bounty (werewolf is a crime act) and nobody seeing you, after you transform back to human form, NPCs and justice guards will still refer to you as if you were in Werewolf form. They will scream "look ! a werewolf, run !" Some will even try to fight, and if you approach city guards with no bounty - you will get bounty, almost as if you were in werewolf form.

It happened to me a couple of times in "The Rift" zone and I was able to replicate the bug. Killed some mobs / world bosses in a werewolf form, transformed back to human form (no bounty), mount up, and rode back to nearest city. Any NPC that I met on the way was referring to me as if I was in WW form, and so were city guards.

It does not matter if I have WW ultimate slotted or not. It seems that game simply does not "refresh" your status, and consider you a werewolf, despite being not in WW form.

This can be "fixed" by changing zones (travelling to different zone) or logging off and logging in.

I have not seen this yesterday, because entering delve or dungeon changes zone you are in.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this happen with “manual deactivation”(ultimate key), After the timer expires or both?
    "When the human race learns to read the language of symbolism, a great veil will fall from the eyes of men." ~Manly P. Hall
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this happen with “manual deactivation”(ultimate key), After the timer expires or both?
    Both, after I de-activate ultimate manually (Return to human form) or it will expire on its own. After that game justice system & npcs still consider you a WW. Only way to fix that state is to change zone or logoff & login back.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 28, 2020 3:06PM
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah that could be exactly what happened to me here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtTi3YaF4u0
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Magna_Chronos
    Magna_Chronos
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, it's not only me. If I log out the status come back to normal.
    Daggerfall Covenant - PC NA
    ID: Magna.Chronos
    GUILD ONE STRONG
    聞くは一時の恥、聞かぬは一生の恥
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm it. Some enemies may apply something like "known werewolf" status. And is causes bounties and NPCs panic when returning to cities.

This "status" even occurred if no one didn't view you in the from
    Edited by Alexium on May 30, 2020 3:34PM
  • mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this too, and even after paying a fine they still recognised me as werewolf (even though I hadn't transformed for half an hour). And then even after that they killed me over and over again until I relogged.
  • caldurham
    caldurham
    there's a discussion in general about this. wish i would have seen the discussion in bug reports earlier. i'll copy and paste what i typed in the general discussion because i am having the same problem.

"i am having the same thing happen in the Rift. went to fight the giant and mammoth wb and turned into a ww to fight them. turned back into DE when i was done and went back into Riften to hang out at the withered tree inn. as soon as i passed the guards by the tower before you get to Riften i had a bounty and the guards attacked me. let them kill me and got the bounty cleared. when i went into riften npcs are running away from me saying look a ww and other things but i dont have a bounty now.

also just had the same thing happen in vvardenfell. went to fight the shipwreck cove world boss. turned into a ww and when i was done turned back in to my DE. went back to vivec city and got attacked by the guards. mind you i had no bounty until i got back to vivec city."
  • caldurham
    caldurham
    and yes if i change zones and go back it does not happen.
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Submitted a bug report for this also
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Submitted a bug report for this also
    I already did it too ;)
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on June 7, 2020 3:49PM
  • Thaliff
    Thaliff
    ✭✭
    I can confirm this still happens. Port to Solitude and I have to make a dash for thieves guild.
  • kensan62_ESO
    kensan62_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Can they please fix this??? Getting quite annoying. Its bad enough I am getting attacked but get an instant bounty of 277 as soon as I hit town limits. Im even on my mount.
  • Akino
    Akino
    ✭✭✭
    This also happed to me.

First I cured my lycanthropy to get vampirism to get the new achievements. Then I decided to get back to being a werewolf after completing them. So after finishing the werewolf quest I ported to Bangkorai just to be attacked by NPCs and the guards onsite shouting I'm a werewolf.
    Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness.
    ※Masamune Date※
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Any word on this bug and Wednesday's patch?
  • Rust_in_Peace
    Rust_in_Peace
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Same thing has been happening to me recently.
  • Dean340
    Dean340
    ✭✭✭
    guess i'm not alone
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    Ah that could be exactly what happened to me here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtTi3YaF4u0
    They are in shock of your awfully looking armour.
  • kensan62_ESO
    kensan62_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt see anything in patch notes today about this problem. Can we get a confirmation that this bug is at least being looked at?
  • AWeeLittleFox
    AWeeLittleFox
    Soul Shriven
    Any word on this being fixed??
    A comment from a dev letting us know something is in progress towards fixing this would be lovely
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Have received several bounties today outside of WW form. Pretty inconvenient. Luckily I have a lot of edicts stocked up.

I went up to wandering merchant on horseback, sold some stuff, and then riding away they called me a beast! ;)
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey folks, thank you for taking the time to report this issue. We just wanted to let you know that your reports have been passed along to our team and we are investigating.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had this happen. Fought a W,B part way though the fight I morphed into WW form. Beat the WB, transformed back into normal character.

I could interact with npc's and merchants but in then in the middle of merchant transactions they would break the transaction interface, cower and yell for guards to protect them from the werewolf. I got a bounty only the first time which I cleared using a Counterfeit Pardon. After that first time bounty never got another bounty but the npc/merchants would sporadically call me out for being a WW...

This went on for 20 minutes or so with sporadically being called out for being a WW but not getting another bounty.

Changing zones fixed it.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Rikal
    Rikal
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this was a rude surprise I just got too. Walk into town in human form with no bounty and all the NPCs start screaming and a guard grabs me. Ridiculous. I'm a casual player, not trying to min-max a build or anything. All I want to do is simple stuff, complete a quest or two, maybe run a delve or kill a WB, then go back to town. Is that too much to ask? This kind of bug should never make it to live. What kind of ETA shall we expect for this fix?
    Rikal on NA-PC (aka Rhaulikko)
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikal wrote: »
    Yeah, this was a rude surprise I just got too. Walk into town in human form with no bounty and all the NPCs start screaming and a guard grabs me. Ridiculous. I'm a casual player, not trying to min-max a build or anything. All I want to do is simple stuff, complete a quest or two, maybe run a delve or kill a WB, then go back to town. Is that too much to ask? This kind of bug should never make it to live. What kind of ETA shall we expect for this fix?

No patches until at least June 29th according to this post https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/530103/changes-to-pc-incremental-patch-cadence#latest
    Edited by majulook on June 10, 2020 6:10PM
  • Ravenyth77
    Ravenyth77
    Soul Shriven
    Same happening here, just ran through Dragon's Bridge in human form and got attacked by everyone in town. WTH. I'll try the temporary fixes suggested above and hope that this bug is addressed asap. Guess I'll try some other Ultimates in the meantime? WW is the only one I use, so this is a bummer.

• Havenstarr
    Havenstarr
    Soul Shriven
    Happened today in The Rift. Bad News: Got swarmed by town folk when not in werewolf form, nor having a bounty or doing anything werewolfy. Good News: Got those 3 assassinations for the Dark Brotherhood fast.
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still also get this Werewolf justice system bug. Whether I let the werewolf timer run out or manually shift back to normal elf form, the moment I enter a city or near yellow NPCs or guards they immediately freak out and attack me (or run away in the yellow NPCs case sometimes). If I use a port in the same zone it won't stop this. But if I do a "hard" load, like wayshrining to a different zone, the Outlaws refuge or into a house I own, and then back to whatever city I needed to go to, then its fine. But its ridiculous that I have to do extra steps for using WW form now, in order to not get a bounty when I am not even in WW form. Problem is, cuz I have played WW for so long, this isn't a habit yet to load into completely different zones before I can go back to my original quest so I often forget I need to do that to avoid this stupid WW-justice system bug....
  • Clyde_BlueSnake
    Clyde_BlueSnake
    ✭✭✭
    By the June 29th patch notes & my own checking of going to Solitude after turning into a werewolf during a Harrowstorm, sadly still no fix yet. Thanks for investigating of this criminal act bug for us werewolf folks, hope y'all be able to resolve it one day.
    Edited by Clyde_BlueSnake on June 30, 2020 1:26AM
    Main is Blue-Thuxis, a Argonian stamSorc, whose also is a werewolf! 2nd main, Cobalt-Thuxis, a Argonian stamArc, an identical twin sister to Blue-Thuxis, even is a werewolf as well! some alts:
    Nirn-Scale Rajthux (Argonian, Templar), Ros-Ei Nature-Thuxis (Argonian, Warden), Crimson-Thuxis (Argonian, DK), Bone-Thuxis Tharn (Argonian, Necro) Why Bone-Thuxis has Tharn as a last name:
    The siblings were separated at a young age due to a Dres slaver raid, Blue, Cobalt, Ros-Ei & their mother were able to escape, Crimson & Bone weren't that lucky. Crimson was later "rescued" by some Orcs that later ambushed the House Dres Dunmers, unfortunately one Dunmer remained & sadly successfully brought the young Bone-Thuxis to the Dres plantation. Later an Imperial, a Tharn, bought Bone at a auction & later told he was free, the young Argonian sadly had no idea where to go & doesn't know if his family was still alive, so the Tharn adopted him into House Tharn. This family of Argonians finally reunited years later.
    , Kenneth Clyde (Nord, Sorc), Selene Gray-Thuxis (Argonian, Nightblade), Urmanda (Orc, Warden)
    Some ESO history: I originally started from PS4 NA during June 10, 2015, I did reached CP 810+ on there. I eventually kinda got tired of paying PS+, so during February 4, 2019 I started moving to PC NA. Also CP: 810+. Nowadays I play ESO PC mostly, while PS4 is dust.
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    July 9th and still no fix on this.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make the summoning of, and having active summoned fighting pets also a Crime in the Justice system.

Edited by majulook on July 11, 2020 4:09PM