The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BUG: Hounds of Hircine

TheGremlyn
TheGremlyn
✭✭
Trying to go through this quest and everything was fine riiight up until I encountered Rasir at his camp. He's invisible. I also can't hear him when he speaks. I can see the nameplate and text when he's supposed to talk.

d7x4u0n0kcru.jpg

I also thought it was weird when Tranya was there and after I talked to Rasir another Tranya showed up.

4omce9ijpmxf.jpg

I did try reloadingui and I even logged out and back in. Issue remains. Everything leading up to this has been fine, though I've noted a few instances of no NPC dialogue audio that's also accompanied by their mouths not moving, but they're make gestures throughout the conversation.
Just Call Me Stalwart
PC NA
Tank First, Healer Second, DPS for Fun
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    Yh I've got this too

• Invisible Rasir
    • Mute Rasir
    • Tranya clone (after reading the note)
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I had this too. I got impatient and went through it anyway. I roleplayed the invisibility as a side effect and he appears later visibly and audibly.
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    Yes I had this too. I got impatient and went through it anyway. I roleplayed the invisibility as a side effect and he appears later visibly and audibly.

Or Skor scared him so much he was hiding behind a crate and passing written notes, poor lad was shocked into silence
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the info, all! Confirming we've seen this and are working on a fix.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it's over a month later and still no fix. This is annoying, because I like going through all of the quests with dialogue. Even though I could continue the quest, having Rasir being invisible and having no dialogue will bug me and I'd rather complete the quest the way it was meant to be experienced.

The first screenshot just showing Rasir's nameplate was before I abandoned the quest.yzqatfxxijjf.png

After abandoning the quest and starting over, Rasir was not fixed, and the dialogue was not spoken.
    mrqq4d9lfq8u.png

I'll keep this quest unfinished until it is fixed.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • Northern_Mage
    Northern_Mage
    ✭✭
    So it's over a month later and still no fix. This is annoying, because I like going through all of the quests with dialogue. Even though I could continue the quest, having Rasir being invisible and having no dialogue will bug me and I'd rather complete the quest the way it was meant to be experienced.

Sadly, this remains an issue with this quest.
    Would be nice if it could be fixed soon..
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any word on a fix for this? I just started this quest today and arrived at the same point. I am encountering all the same problems as noted above (invisible Rasir, no audible dialogue, etc). It's been over 2 months at this point and it would be great if a fix could be included in a patch. I've double checked all the PTS patch notes and the only reference to this quest is from 6.1.0 and is, quote: Hounds of Hircine: Tranya can now converse on a wider range of topics.
    Edited by heaven13 on August 14, 2020 5:21PM
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly, this remains an issue with this quest.
    Would be nice if it could be fixed soon..

I mean the main quest has been broken since pts and still haven't been fixed. Broken as in, you can't complete this if you get this bug. So I'm stuck on the second to last quest with no eta on a fix. Maybe U27 if we're lucky which is in what, two week?
  • Northern_Mage
    Northern_Mage
    ✭✭
    7typpvrwnf4h.png

Look who's finally visible.. with hearable dialogue. ;)