The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't talk to any NPCs, vampire ability does not work

xtni
xtni
✭✭✭
My mesmerize has worked on all npc's right up until last night. Now it does not effect any npc's.

When I use mesmerize around npc's they still will not talk to me, and the visual effect is not showing on them, as if the ability is just going right through them.

I saw on another post, this has been an issue since pts, and it is still not fixed yet...
This is so annoying, and really breaks immersion for me.

There are no ways I can fix it. I have cured my vampirism, removed all the abilities and reselected them, tried attacking people in city to see if that triggers some result... I have no idea of what to do about this?

Now I can not sell or repair, I can not talk to any npc's that are not absolutely essential to my gameplay as long as I am a stage 4 vampire.

Please just fix this damn, gamebreaking bug or remove the mechanic of people not talking to stage 4 vamps if you can not get the ability to work as it is intended... because this is just stupid.

• bodge2372
    bodge2372
    ✭✭✭
    My vamp is stuck half way between new vamp and old vamp. He has all the new skills but can't increase his vamp stage because old vamp feeding made you go down a stage and if he infects another player, it uses a mangled version of the old bite animation. Been cured and re bitten but that didn't work to fix it. Only a Corrupting Bloody Mara will increase him to stage 4. I'd imagine there's a lot more bugs out there, too.....
  • Tadhg_Longhouse
    Tadhg_Longhouse
    ✭✭✭
    This bug still needs to be looked into, but as a work around, there should be a merchant in the Outlaw Refuges that will talk to you for selling and repairs.
    Tadhg Longhouse
    Reachman Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion