The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Bug Selling to Fence

RT01100111
RT01100111
✭✭✭
This bug only appears on PC when you are using a game controller to sell to the fence.
It seems to be related to blue level items that sell around 250 gold.

In the Sale is Final it asks Are you sure you want to sell <<t:1>>?

UI Error is
EsoUI/Libraries/Globals/DefaultColorDefs.lua:187: table index is nil
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Libraries/Globals/DefaultColorDefs.lua:187: in function 'GetItemQualityColor'
EsoUI/Ingame/Globals/InGameDialogs.lua:521: in function '(ananymous)'

You cannot Dismiss the error. You have to close the error window.

Workaround, sell blue item in keyboard mode.
  • RT01100111
    RT01100111
    ✭✭✭
    This was first detected after the release of the new chapter.
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can use an addon like "Suppress Error Message" to deal with the window
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    RT01100111 wrote: »
    This bug only appears on PC when you are using a game controller to sell to the fence.

UI Error is
    stack traceback:
    EsoUI/Libraries/Globals/DefaultColorDefs.lua:187: in function 'GetItemQualityColor'

i use a keyboard on my pc and i dont get this sure you wanna sell confirmation now, either.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the report, we'll be investigating this issue to see if we can get a fix into a future patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iarao wrote: »

UI Error is
    stack traceback:

i use a keyboard on my pc and i dont get this sure you wanna sell confirmation now, either.

Yeah, I noticed that I no longer get the confirmation prompt when selling blue or purple items to a fence.

The real bug I've noticed since Greymoor dropped is that now my guys have goofy miniature gunny sacks in their hand (in first person view) every time they pick a pocket. It's quite immersion breaking, seeing how that Grilling Rack I just pulled out of someone's pocket has no way of fitting in that tiny sack. And why is everyone carrying their property in gunny sack baggies anyway?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

UI Error is
    stack traceback:

Yeah, I noticed that I no longer get the confirmation prompt when selling blue or purple items to a fence.

The real bug I've noticed since Greymoor dropped is that now my guys have goofy miniature gunny sacks in their hand (in first person view) every time they pick a pocket. It's quite immersion breaking, seeing how that Grilling Rack I just pulled out of someone's pocket has no way of fitting in that tiny sack. And why is everyone carrying their property in gunny sack baggies anyway?

LOL haha like that grilling rack would fit in his pocket. now the furnishing plan for it is another story. :)
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

UI Error is
    stack traceback:

LOL haha like that grilling rack would fit in his pocket. now the furnishing plan for it is another story. :)

I've pulled entire camping tents out from skirts....... I don't even wanna know!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Lannharr
    Lannharr
    ✭✭✭
    Same here.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve noticed (after reporting it) that sometimes using the mouse to click the close dialog X does work, then you can click Sell. Really not great, though.

EDIT: it seems that if you ignore the dialog box and click Sell with the mouse, I can then click the X to close the dialog box. I imagine they’ll fix it tomorrow (Wednesday maintenance), though.
    Edited by GenjiraX on June 2, 2020 3:08PM
  • RainbowOfChaos
    Ive been getting this bug too. Im glad to know its already being looked into :smile:
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    I am also having this problem. I've lost quite a bit of gold because I'm a terrible thief and get caught, killed with blue items in my inventory.
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    seems fixed after today's maintenance
  • spetsa
    spetsa
    Soul Shriven
    its not fixed, apaired first time for me yesterday.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    seems fixed after today's maintenance

It STARTED for me and at least 2 other people after that maintenance. None of us ever had it before.

Verified w/o any add-ons on 5 different installations, including brand new.

Edit: Oh, wait. It's a DIFFERENT one. I am getting following error after any interaction with the fence involving opening the store now (no matter if I do anything at all in it):
    bad argument #2 to 'string.format' (string expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'string.format'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Utility/TextSearchManager.lua:86: in function 'ZO_TextSearchManager:ActivateTextSearch'
    |caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1]{fireCallbackDepth = 0}, currentContext = "fenceTextSearch", contextSearch = [table:2]{searchText = "", isDirty = F, isActive = T} </Locals>|r
    EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:772: in function 'ZO_InventoryManager:SetContextForInventories'
    |caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:3]{selectedTabType = 1, itemsLockedDueToDeath = F}, inventoryTypeList = [table:4]{1 = 1} </Locals>|r
    EsoUI/Ingame/StoreWindow/Keyboard/StoreWindow_Keyboard.lua:193: in function 'CloseStoreWindow'

Thanks for the report, we'll be investigating this issue to see if we can get a fix into a future patch.

Looks like whatever was patched broke everything instead.
    Edited by MreeBiPolar on July 14, 2021 8:32PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    spetsa wrote: »
    its not fixed, apaired first time for me yesterday.

This is a different bug, not the one from over a year ago.