Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wood Elf/ Bosmer losing stealth passive, An open letter.

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    I'm curious if there will be any attention paid to the weirdness with stealth detection you discovered. Because it really sounds like a bug - and if its not a bug then it is an even bigger problem with the passive. I'd really like to hear a defense of that.

This is actually a good way for them to backtrack and save face at the same time:

"We've discovered a bug in the way Hunter's Eye is applied, so we are restoring the old Stealthy Bosmer passive until we can find a way to make the new passive work as originally intended..."

.... and then walk away and pretend it never even happened.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Night_Wolf2112
    Night_Wolf2112
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grahtwood is Bosmer territory is it not?
    What about Braken Leafs Briars.....
    Wolf, Snake, Tiger... and... Hawk/Eagle!

Sorry, had to add that last one in to show the aspect of better vision. 🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♀️
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KMarble @Eiron77 Changed it. Tell me what you think.
    • We want more diverse race choices for characters that are focused on justice interactions. Having Khajiit be the only one with a sneaking advantage is very limiting.
    • Stealth detect has no benefits in PvE, making this an exclusively PvP oriented passive component, which is counter to the original goals (goal number 2 - universal applicability) of the racial balance change. Since stealth detection is only beneficial in PvP environments it also does not line up with the original reasoning given behind the removal of stealth - that only a player that stealths (in this case, detects other players) can benefit from this (part of the) passive. As of now, PvE players only benefit from 10% speed after dodging at the cost of three skill points and ~3.6k stamina cost, as the penetration will either be wasted due to the cap or result in a DPS loss from the lack of uptime. Returning the reduced sneak radius or a similar passive component that improves sneaking helps players across the board as everyone can choose to take advantage of that in the Overworld as well as Dungeons and PvP by sneaking past enemies or sneaking into an advantageous position to strike.
      Furthermore the additional stealth detect in PvP is not in line with existing forms of detection as it reveals cloaked enemies without an indicator. It also gives away the existence of a hidden Bosmer to other sneaking enemies as it also increases the "danger" radius with the half opened eye indicator in which enemies can tell they are about to be revealed before the sneaking Bosmer is even made aware of the existence of their sneaking enemy. These intransparent and counterintuitive issues would need to be addressed and resolved if the passive was kept in its current form, which is why we would be willing to give up this component of the passive to regain improved sneaking.
    • Doesn't fit lore
      Bosmer have been described as great sneak thieves in every Elder Scrolls game starting with Arena.

Edited by Ratzkifal on March 1, 2019 9:57PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Eiron77
    Eiron77
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    • We want more diverse race choices for characters that are focused on justice interactions. Having Khajiit be the only one with a sneaking advantage is very limiting.
    • Stealth detect has no benefits in PvE, making this an exclusively PvP oriented passive component, which is counter to the original goals (goal number 2 - universal applicability) of the racial balance change. Since stealth detection is only beneficial in PvP environments it also does not line up with the original reasoning given behind the removal of stealth - that only a player that stealths (in this case, detects other players) can benefit from this (part of the) passive. As of now, PvE players only benefit from 10% speed after dodging at the cost of three skill points and ~3.6k stamina cost, as the penetration will either be wasted due to the cap or result in a DPS loss from the lack of uptime. Returning the reduced sneak radius or a similar passive component that improves sneaking helps players across the board as everyone can choose to take advantage of that in the Overworld as well as Dungeons and PvP by sneaking past enemies or sneaking into an advantageous position to strike.
      Furthermore the additional stealth detect in PvP is not in line with existing forms of detection as it reveals cloaked enemies without an indicator. It also gives away the existence of a hidden Bosmer to other sneaking enemies as it also increases the "danger" radius with the half opened eye indicator in which enemies can tell they are about to be revealed before the sneaking Bosmer is even made aware of the existence of their sneaking enemy. These intransparent and counterintuitive issues would need to be addressed and resolved if the passive was kept in its current form, which is why we would be willing to give up this component of the passive to regain improved sneaking.
    • Doesn't fit lore
      Bosmer have been described as great sneak thieves in every Elder Scrolls game starting with Arena.

Looks good to me!
  • Aela_Dragonrider
    Aela_Dragonrider
    ✭✭✭
    • Doesn't fit lore

Nice!
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next we need to go in depth but not make it too complicated about the lore. They have been described as sneak thieves in every game since Arena.
    We have the famous poem A thousand benefits of hiding.
    If we could get a source from the imperial legion or any "official" imperial source on Bosmer being thieves and sneaky, then we'd have a great example to back up our claims as you can trust the empire whenever it comes down to being efficient and knowing their stuff.
    I vaguely remember one source where it says that Bosmer are the best archers on tamriel but aren't as easily drilled and disciplined than others or something, which is why Bosmer aren't common among the archers of the legion.
  • wedgebert
    wedgebert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vaguely remember one source where it says that Bosmer are the best archers on tamriel but aren't as easily drilled and disciplined than others or something, which is why Bosmer aren't common among the archers of the legion.

I actually found that exact quote earlier today and posted it in another thread about this.
    "For a brief time the Colovian armies used Wood Elf archers, as in the War of Rihad two years past. The Bosmer proved to be too undisciplined and prone to desertion for further use. They would sometimes walk into the shade of a single tree and vanish. Their forest-coupling skills are remarkable. The title of their most famous poem, the Meh Ayleidion, means "The One Thousand Benefits of Hiding."

• BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bit about being prone to desertion made me laugh. The free spirit of Bosmer is what made me love them right from the start. The last line though.... It couldn't be any clearer that being stealthy is part of being a Wood Elf.

It makes me sad that Zenimax have just tossed aside an essential part of a people like it was yesterdays garbage :(
    EU / NA / PC
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wedgebert wrote: »

I actually found that exact quote earlier today and posted it in another thread about this.
    "For a brief time the Colovian armies used Wood Elf archers, as in the War of Rihad two years past. The Bosmer proved to be too undisciplined and prone to desertion for further use. They would sometimes walk into the shade of a single tree and vanish. Their forest-coupling skills are remarkable. The title of their most famous poem, the Meh Ayleidion, means "The One Thousand Benefits of Hiding."

Ha! I was just coming to post this :)
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueViolet wrote: »
    The bit about being prone to desertion made me laugh. The free spirit of Bosmer is what made me love them right from the start. The last line though.... It couldn't be any clearer that being stealthy is part of being a Wood Elf.

It makes me sad that Zenimax have just tossed aside an essential part of a people like it was yesterdays garbage :(

Eh, while I don't run my Bosmer girls as sneak thieves, this does bother me very much. I *might* someday want to be sneaky on them....
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alright. There we have it. Thanks @wedgebert ! Now we have a reliable source, the Pocket Guide to the Empire 1st Edition/Aldmeri Dominion. Unfortunately it is also the source of the One Thousand benefits of Hiding, so they technically count as only one piece of evidence. Anyone got another good excerpt that highlights how stealthy Bosmer are?
    Edited by Ratzkifal on March 2, 2019 2:28AM
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore Book Entries such as the following make mention of Bosmer legendary stealth prowess, do they count?

War Customs of the Tribal Bosmer

Valenwood: A Study

Edited by BlueViolet on March 2, 2019 2:39AM
    EU / NA / PC
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Meh Ayleidion is also mentioned in passing in the first book of A Dance in Fire, it is noted as being especially renowned.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you mind if I put your list on the front page?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BlueRaven - to answer your earlier question about Pax East
    Will we see you at our next #BethesdaDays event? Join the ESO team on March 29th and 30th at Laugh Boston & MJ O’Connors.

Play Elsweyr for the first time, win swag, and meet other members of the community! No #PAXEast badge necessary.

Hm I’m nearby, ish. Under 3 hour drive but I usually work those days... Do you really think showing up will help our cause?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ratzkifal Nice work on the proposal!

I was looking at those screenshots of Bosmer descriptions and something occurred to me. Their prowess as scouts is mentioned as often as thieving. Scouting has as much to do with detecting hidden enemy assets as those in plain sight. Also, I think when people think of thieving they automatically go to the in-game mechanic of being "hidden". Pickpockets for all practical purposes don't become "invisible" rather they hide in plain sight and use their slight of hand and other tricks to achieve their purpose. Thieving is abstracted for game purposes.

I would like the buggy nature of their stealth detect fixed (i haven't experienced the bug) and the radius increased to at least that of magelight if not more.
    #AlmostGood@ESO
  • Eiron77
    Eiron77
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hand_Bacon wrote: »
    @Ratzkifal Nice work on the proposal!

I was looking at those screenshots of Bosmer descriptions and something occurred to me. Their prowess as scouts is mentioned as often as thieving. Scouting has as much to do with detecting hidden enemy assets as those in plain sight. Also, I think when people think of thieving they automatically go to the in-game mechanic of being "hidden". Pickpockets for all practical purposes don't become "invisible" rather they hide in plain sight and use their slight of hand and other tricks to achieve their purpose. Thieving is abstracted for game purposes.

I would like the buggy nature of their stealth detect fixed (i haven't experienced the bug) and the radius increased to at least that of magelight if not more.

I was also pouring over the sources provided. While these statements are true, there are several references that drive home the art of stealth, the art of remaining hidden and unseen as the core of the Bosmer nature. This book references it being an intregal part of them becoming the Bosmer (when they split off from the original elves):
    Life for many in the Aldmeri Dominion begins in Valenwood. Green, forested, filled with a wide variety of plant and animal life, and home to some of the first Elves from Old Ehlnofey.

Over time and through generations, these early settlers adapted to the woods. They learned stealth and cunning by studying their new prey. Eventually, they became Wood Elves, or Bosmer.

Then, this book below references their thievery, yes, but it makes a point that the ultimate goal of the theft is to not be noticed. That the pinnacle of their skill is not being seen:
    Many raids conclude with no fighting whatsoever. It is considered the acme of skill to slip into another tribe's village and steal an item for ransom without being noticed. The larger the item, the greater the prestige. Thanks to centuries of this practice, the tribal Bosmer have become legendary for their stealth. The title of their most famous poem, the Meh Ayleidion, means "The One Thousand Benefits of Hiding."

Then there's the quote mentioned a few comments above that says: They would sometimes walk into the shade of a single tree and vanish.

So while stealth detection can be rationalized as part of their lore, it is not mentioned specifically. It's as if the lore is stating Bosmer is synonymous with Stealth. It was even integral to them becoming Bosmer. I can therefore agree with your sentiment so long as it is: Stealth first priority, thieving/scouting skills second.
    EDIT: The quotes above were found in this comment by @BlueViolet :

Lore Book Entries such as the following make mention of Bosmer legendary stealth prowess, do they count?

War Customs of the Tribal Bosmer

Valenwood: A Study
    Edited by Eiron77 on March 2, 2019 12:53PM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Will we see you at our next #BethesdaDays event? Join the ESO team on March 29th and 30th at Laugh Boston & MJ O’Connors.

Play Elsweyr for the first time, win swag, and meet other members of the community! No #PAXEast badge necessary.

Hm I’m nearby, ish. Under 3 hour drive but I usually work those days... Do you really think showing up will help our cause?

Do I think I could show up on Friday, and by Sunday it’s fixed? Well no actually.
    But they mentioned future mechanics that would open up stealth to more races (or something like that) in one of the developer notes. And I want to see if they meant it.

Putting 3 points into a racial or 3 points into another skill open to everybody has little difference to me. In games like Skyrim, while bosmers started with an advantage in sneak, eventually all the races a player could choose could stealth equally well in the end.
    And I am ok with that if it’s reflected in this game as well. (*)
    (I also wish in this game any race could become equally good in say spell casting or stam based combat as well after a while, but that is another topic.)

My questions if I go there are;

1) Are they REALLY going to put in system for stealth?
    2) When will it happen?
    3) Will Kahjits and imperials always have a stealth advantage?

And I was going to frame these questions in how disappointed I am with how the racials were handled. (And I may not be able to ask ANY questions so I have to be prepared for that.)

Even if the fix comes this summer, I think it’s unfair and just weird for bosmers to have a stealth boost, have it taken away, and then given back. The system should be in the game now.
    Or if this is phase one of a long term overhaul then just tell us because quite frankly I am getting tired and frustrated just talking to this brick wall of silence.

My eso plus is set to renew mid April and a lot of what I hear about this topic will be a determining factor if I keep with this game. The stealth bonus change is really bothering me in the way it was handled.

(*) Just to clarify; I view our characters as special heroes. Touched possibly by akitosh and maybe meridia, we are able to utilize the power of the sky shards to transcend the limitations of our race to become extra powerful and unique. And thus are not limited by “what is typical” for the race.
    I feel as if I am not explaining it well. But let’s just say I am not greedy with the racials. If player who chose to play a nord say, was able to acquire stealth and even the ability to take less damage from falling, I really would not really care.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I should also note I will be coming in from NY so I am about a 3hr drive as well.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

(There appears to be no race descriptions in the Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim manual.)

I just fired up Skyrim to grab the Wood Elf race description from in game

AlqbzgY.jpg
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

(There appears to be no race descriptions in the Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim manual.)

I just fired up Skyrim to grab the Wood Elf race description from in game

AlqbzgY.jpg

Thanks! I forgot about that!
  • wedgebert
    wedgebert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if the fix comes this summer, I think it’s unfair and just weird for bosmers to have a stealth boost, have it taken away, and then given back. The system should be in the game now.
    Or if this is phase one of a long term overhaul then just tell us because quite frankly I am getting tired and frustrated just talking to this brick wall of silence.

From how I've understood it, the *fix* wouldn't give Bosmer their natural stealth back, rather it'd be a separate skill line that anyone could take to boost stealth.

So even if it goes though, we'd still be the Mall Cop race in PVP and have no PVE benefit at all.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From how I've understood it, the *fix* wouldn't give Bosmer their natural stealth back, rather it'd be a separate skill line that anyone could take to boost stealth.

So even if it goes though, we'd still be the Mall Cop race in PVP and have no PVE benefit at all.

I know that. But if it’s under the Bosmer skill line or a “sneak” skill line has little difference to me. My main concern is (under such a system) will kahjits and imperials ALWAYS have an advantage? In other words, do they stack?

Remember kahjits and imperials are not getting that stealth bonus racial for “free”. They have to put points into it.

That’s why I don’t see it being put under a ledgerman skill line. If I played a kahjit, I may end up “paying” for the stealth bonus twice, which strikes me as unfair.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I know that. But if it’s under the Bosmer skill line or a “sneak” skill line has little difference to me. My main concern is (under such a system) will kahjits and imperials ALWAYS have an advantage? In other words, do they stack?

Remember kahjits and imperials are not getting that stealth bonus racial for “free”. They have to put points into it.

That’s why I don’t see it being put under a ledgerman skill line. If I played a kahjit, I may end up “paying” for the stealth bonus twice, which strikes me as unfair.

I think it would stack, so they'd pay more to get more. That's why my proposal has always included a slight reduction in the Khajiit racial boost for stealth.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hand_Bacon wrote: »
    Scouting has as much to do with detecting hidden enemy assets as those in plain sight.

Except there are exactly zero hidden enemy assets in ESO for the vast majority of Bosmer players.

I think it would stack, so they'd pay more to get more. That's why my proposal has always included a slight reduction in the Khajiit racial boost for stealth.

While I love my Bosmer main, I would be totally against this as I have 4 max Leger/TG/DB Khajiit thieves, and I don't wish to see their livelihood and relevance nerfed, either.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you mind if I put your list on the front page?

@max_only Of course not, but I wouldn't call it finished yet. There have been plenty of great suggestions made for further change on it.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

(Ok buckle up, this may be a long post.)

I am finally at a computer, as opposed to writing my previous posts today through my phone, so hopefully i can explain myself a bit better.

Here are the main issues I am seeing right now in regards to stealth;

1) Right now some races have bonuses to stealth and others that don't. If they implement a new "sneak" tree, or modify an existing tree. I don't foresee them suddenly changing the racials of those with a stealth bonus at the onset of a new "sneak" category. (Maybe I am being optimistic, but I would like to think they made these racials with the future "stealth" changes already in mind.)

2) The kahjits bonus to stealth;

"Feline Ambush: Increases your Critical Hit Damage and Healing by 10%. Reduces your detection radius in Stealth by 3m."

And the imperials bonus;

"When you deal Direct Damage, you restore 333 Health, Magicka, and Stamina. This effect has a 5 second cooldown. It also will reduce the cost of all abilities by 3%."

Both cost skill point to activate. (This is important later.)

3) I think there is an upper limit to what they want these abilities to stack to. We all saw that video with the 5m stealth bonus to Kahjits on the PTS. I don't think they want a natural bonus to get that far in game.

4) The infamous quote;

"Note: Reps specifically asked about the community’s concern that bosmers are trading stealth for different buffs. We were told that ZOS saw these concerns and would work on creating more options/systems for stealth gameplay outside of race. With these additions, stealth gameplay will open up to more players, and also allow bosmers to have the nice combat buff will still having avenues to be as stealthy as before."

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/456997/class-reps-update-meeting-notes-jan-30-2019/p1

The talk of "options" and "systems" implies a more profound change to stealth (and maybe other things), but this account is basically written second hand. So how much weight does this have? Are new skill lines what they meant? Or are they just going to add an armor set?

•••

If the racials DO stack with any new future skills, well then it's game over. Bosmers will ALWAYS lag behind imperials and Kahjits in stealth. And this whole racial change is truly awful, particularly from a lore perspective.

•••

But let me be optimistic and let's pretend for a moment that the stealth racial bonuses do NOT stack with other skills.

A ) So, if it were to go into a modification of the ledgerman skill line to add a stealth bonus;

A1) They could add a new sneak line on it's own with three ranks with the caveat that it does NOT stack with any racials.
    This way Kahjits don't need to put points into it, as they may have already put points into their own racial. While it may be a tad confusing, at least everyone can catch up. (However, they could have done that already in this patch.)

A2) They could graft sneak onto "Improved hiding" (for example) in the ledgeman skill line. (Also something they could have done this patch.) But a khajit player looking for the reduced stamina cost to stealth would be also paying for the dead weight of the improved stealth which does not seem right.

•••

B ) Expanded racials.

A radical idea, but what if they were to expand the amount of racials every race gets. These racials can be more universal, adding magcika to stamina races, etc. Suddenly bosmers (and nords and orcs) have options for stealth. Bretons and Altmer have stamina options, etc.

I HIGHLY doubt this will happen but I can't 100% rule it out. And AGAIN this should have been implemented this patch. The reason I bring this up as one of the stated goals was to "open up" the races for additional roles, but that did not come across very well in this patch. So maybe there is something more coming down the pike.

C ) They actually implement a new "sneak" skill tree that is coming in Elsweyr. This may be under a NDA at the moment, which is why they are not talking about it, but this option is strengthen by the "options" and "systems" cryptic remarks. It has been noted that Elsweyr is only implementing a new class, as opposed to previous chapters that added profound changes to the game (arenas in Morrowind as an example). Maybe adding a "sneak" tree is only one amongst many skill trees that they are adding and they just have not told us yet because "NDA".

•••

The whole thing is just overly complex and confusing. The removal of stealth from Bosmers appears to me to be a simple case of "Well, Kahjits have it, so lets do something different with Bosmers", and not actually driven by any actual gameplay NEED to make them different. Right now the reasoning appears to be that Bosmers don't have a stealth bonus is because Kahjits do. Which is both infuriating and strange.

To me right now, if this is truly a huge overall systems change and we are only seeing the first piece of it, how does a future stealth bonus "click in" to the puzzle piece of the current patch? Trying to "graft" a fix onto this is just not something I want to do. Before this whole thing, I would come on to the forums only to ask a quick question, or check some patch notes and move on. And not to be mean, I WANT to go back to that. I want this to just have a conclusion.
    Edited by BlueRaven on March 2, 2019 6:13PM
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it.
    Next we need to go in depth but not make it too complicated about the lore. They have been described as sneak thieves in every game since Arena.
    We have the famous poem A thousand benefits of hiding.
    If we could get a source from the imperial legion or any "official" imperial source on Bosmer being thieves and sneaky, then we'd have a great example to back up our claims as you can trust the empire whenever it comes down to being efficient and knowing their stuff.

You don't even have to go outside ESO to see it mentioned. Tthere are at least 3 quests in this game that were created around the concept of the right of theft.
    - The first one is given to us by a guy who's hanging around Elden Root near the miggens - he stole a bow, invoked the right of theft, but his partner in crime took the bow and fled. You need to bring the bow back.
    - the second is in - I think - Greenshade. You're hired by a loan shark to get some money back from a bosmer. It turns out the thief who took the money is asking for something unexpected when they invoke the right of theft,
    - then there is one that is tied up to the main questline for AD, and it's called "Right of Theft".

The case could be made that two of the three are side quests and can be ignored, but the third example is part of the main quest for AD. At some point the developers thought that was a defining characteristic of wood elves and used it as the reason for those quests to exist. Akin to using the lore around the Hist on quests related to Argonians.

ETA: if memory serves, in every single one of the quests I mentioned above, there is a dialogue tree that allows the player to know more about the right of theft.

Edited by KMarble on March 2, 2019 7:15PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    correct me if I'm wrong, but scouting rarely involves detecting HIDDEN enemies but rather hiding while scouting enemy that can even be visible but cannot be judged or counted in plain sight? like... you kinda know that enemy is on the move, but you want to scout how fast they are moving, how big is the army, etc etc... so you HIDE, close by and track them. and they are not hidden, YOU are?

stealth detection for a scout doesn't make much sense to be TBH.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    correct me if I'm wrong, but scouting rarely involves detecting HIDDEN enemies but rather hiding while scouting enemy that can even be visible but cannot be judged or counted in plain sight? like... you kinda know that enemy is on the move, but you want to scout how fast they are moving, how big is the army, etc etc... so you HIDE, close by and track them. and they are not hidden, YOU are?

stealth detection for a scout doesn't make much sense to be TBH.

Exactly.

The new racial is just awful and really unsupported by lore.
This discussion has been closed.