The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[MATH] PvP Defensive Set Comparison (Impreg, Brass, Pariah, Riposte, + more)

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    Now that Riposte is getting wacked by the Nerf Bat, I have an announcement to make:

The Order of The Combat Physician is willing to forgive those who have committed heresy against the doctrine of the Order and accept you back into our fold provided that you first get down on your KNEES!!! and beg to be spared complete and total ANNIHILATION!!! for your disobedience to the one true Order above all...

:trollface:
    Kind of sad that even after the OP asked multiple times to not post about that set in here, you still do so over and over again. Masking it as a joke makes it even more pathetic. It just shows you have zero respect and that you find your neurotic desire to prove yourself to others more important. Give it a rest man.

Dude...it really was just a joke...relax man.

You know what else is a joke?
    TVXnjy7.jpg
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Now that Riposte is getting wacked by the Nerf Bat, I have an announcement to make:

The Order of The Combat Physician is willing to forgive those who have committed heresy against the doctrine of the Order and accept you back into our fold provided that you first get down on your KNEES!!! and beg to be spared complete and total ANNIHILATION!!! for your disobedience to the one true Order above all...

Kind of sad that even after the OP asked multiple times to not post about that set in here, you still do so over and over again. Masking it as a joke makes it even more pathetic. It just shows you have zero respect and that you find your neurotic desire to prove yourself to others more important. Give it a rest man.

TVXnjy7.jpg

o_O
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    Impreg is a very good set. Nerf-worthy even. Not a huge nerf but I would say 2000 crit resist would be more on pace. It outperforms every defensive set in CP and many say in no CP as well, even with the lower crit chance.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sluice Wizard's Riposte Change - firstly sorry for my delay it replying!

I've added a "Minor Maim Uptime" modifier in the spreadsheet to account for the now possibility of not 100% uptime.

It's definitely a nerf.... but depends on your play style.
    1) Large - Medium Group Play
    Much to @TheDoomsdayMonster 's glee, Wizard's Riposte now no longer works for a healer or DD in a medium to large group. With the change to direct damage and shorter duration, it can really only been worn on a Magicka tank.

2) Small Group
    You'll still get pretty close to 100% in this situation, but depending on how much your group kites, might be worth testing out another set unless you are the tank.

3) Solo
    Absolutely no change here, you'll still have 95%+ uptime. Basically you'll only see a change when playing solo if you kite A LOT, like MagSorc levels of kiting, but MagSorcs don't wear WR anyway.

So basically, for solo or small man you are still good. For large group it can now only be worn on a tank. Overall a good balance change I think, it prevents groups from stacking every minor/major debuff by restricting proc conditions, but barely effects solo and small man.

Edited by Taylor_MB on August 26, 2018 1:58AM
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should have known that the turtle whining about not getting a fight in cyrodiil would be on the boards writing blogs about how to be the best turtle you can be =)

well done turtle.
    Edited by mursie on August 26, 2018 3:20PM
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Naughty_Ryder
    Naughty_Ryder
    ✭✭✭
    My current build rocks 5K crit res, 27K Physical Res. 26K Spell Res, 3.5k weapon damage and 15k physical pen. I cannot be killed and I nuke players.
    Edited by Naughty_Ryder on August 26, 2018 8:27PM
    Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My current build rocks 5K crit res, 27K Physical Res. 26K Spell Res, 3.5k weapon damage and 15k physical pen. I cannot be killed and I nuke players.

Impreg spriggans? Sounds fun.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Naughty_Ryder Gameplay please!

@mursie
    3ME1ix0.png
    I'd hate to see how you react to a legit tank instead of a DPS wearing a single defensive set ;)
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

@mursie
    3ME1ix0.png
    I'd hate to see how you react to a legit tank instead of a DPS wearing a single defensive set ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

TVXnjy7.jpg

Why use that set when you can just hold block and get a shield that's sightly smaller for free with a psijic skill + that red CP passive lol
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

TVXnjy7.jpg

Why use that set when you can just hold block and get a shield that's sightly smaller for free with a psijic skill + that red CP passive lol

A few reasons...

1) You can use both; there is no real reason to limit yourself to one or the other...

2) You can give Combat Physician to allies (and even NPC's [like Guards when you are holding a Resource] if need be)...

3) Combat Physician gives a bigger shield with a shorter cooldown...

4) You can only activate the Psijic Shield while blocking...

With Combat Physician, I can cast a HoT on myself while kiting around which turns CP into auto-shielding...

You can proc CP 3 times from a single use of Rapid Regen in the above fashion (you can proc it on seconds 1, 7, and 13); you can proc it up to 4 times with a single use of Mutagen (it can be proc'ed on seconds 1, 7, 13, and 19)...

5) You can Proc Combat Physician and then go into Mist Form which is not an option available with the Psijic Skill...

6) Combat Physician benefits just as much from CP's as Psijic does...

I haven't put any points into Bastion in a while, but at one point in time, the Combat Physican Damage Shield would top off at 10k+ (5k+ in PvP) if you invested enough points into it...

So, @Daus, are my reasons for using Combat Physician (compared to the Psijic Ability) logical?

;)
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on August 27, 2018 12:50PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @brandonv516 8 months later your prediction comes true!
    And here comes the Wizards Reposte nerf.

@mursie You've inspired me greatly! This is now the OP-
    tCZP4J2.png
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unfortunately work censors all images. i'll have to see your inspirations later this evening. well done turtle!

and calling a snb templar a dps is a bit of a stretch. we all know you only have one gameplan. sit in your own rune/ritual wearing HA/SnB and beg a *** to fight you in it while you turtle up and wait for a burst combo counter.

very effective 1v1 - if you can get a *** willing to actually fight you in it.

twitch.tv/mursieftw
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol - well done. well done - love it @Taylor_MB
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're welcome to check out my MagPlar gameplay vids to see proof MagPlars can in fact 1vX.

Admittedly it isn't as easier or prettier as MagDK is (at least for me).
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

tCZP4J2.png

lol 8 months is a pretty good run!

;)
  • Naughty_Ryder
    Naughty_Ryder
    ✭✭✭

@mursie
    3ME1ix0.png

It’s cool
    Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

tCZP4J2.png

<3

It's missing a ninja turtle though

1490851785.rockytheprocy_muscle_mike_mirror_color.png
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're welcome to check out my MagPlar gameplay vids to see proof MagPlars can in fact 1vX.

Admittedly it isn't as easier or prettier as MagDK is (at least for me).

I think most Templar, despite wanting the class to feel better in combat, agree that they are harder to play. Thus they feel more rewarding when you can do the things others classes take for granted in 1vX settings.

- Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Impreg spriggans? Sounds fun.

and if you don't use spriggans, then axe+bleed+dot+something for POTL burst. Jules has the former setup (axe, rending bleed, full WD with WD from from Automaton theory-craft setup with help from Arya). Rhage uses double bar axes I think for the bleeds? Either way, don't have high penetration, roll bleeds. Have high penetration, roll some normal dots with burst dmg.

I am using impreg now with prisoners and engine guardian but sword/axe 2h poison injection backbar with double dmg/stam cost poisons on the 2h bar for extra pressure. 22-23k health 34-36k stamina 13k mag, 4k WD buffed and still have 1800 recovery (lava foot food with one or 2 health enchants). 2-3 impen, 3 well fitted, 1 reinforced (20k resists, 4100-3100 CR, 12% extra trait dodge roll cost reduction in nCP).

Felt better to get DMG from the weapons/jewels and then easier to get sustain/defense from the 5pc/2pc sets in my experience.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

tCZP4J2.png

<3

It's missing a ninja turtle though

1490851785.rockytheprocy_muscle_mike_mirror_color.png

Its the NB Tanks :wink:
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump - for those LA wearers that now might need to equip a defensive set for the first time.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    Bump - for those LA wearers that now might need to equip a defensive set for the first time.

hahaha <3
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Combat Physician Damage Shield is about to become 44% stronger against Spell Damage and 35% stronger against Physical...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update with nerf to impreg incoming from 2500 to 2000?

Thoughts on valiant or heartland? I think they each reduce damage by 5%, do they stack; how well?
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Any update with nerf to impreg incoming from 2500 to 2000?

Thoughts on valiant or heartland? I think they each reduce damage by 5%, do they stack; how well?

you can see for yourself honestl Just sub out the 2500 value for 2000.

For me, it drops impreg value from 84% to 79% against a high pen+high crit dmg enemy.
    Trans was 69% under the same attacker stats.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Combat Physician Damage Shield is about to become 44% stronger against Spell Damage and 35% stronger against Physical...

Don't forget about penetration!
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »

Don't forget about penetration!

Don't forget about crit. :trollface:
    Edited by susmitds on October 7, 2018 10:10PM
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like somebody didn't read all of the patch notes.