Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.2

• leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭
    The answer to all of this, plain and stupidly simple.

STOP TRYING TO BALANCE PVP AGAINST PVE, ZOS!

For the love of all that is divine, take a leaf out of some other MMO's books, have PVP and PVE specific talents. Save yourselves a ton of stress and drama, and us too.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all miss the important stuff. Who cares about DKs or Templars or even Wardens. Nightblades got buffs. That’s the thing the devs care for.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Soulstrike (and Zaan):

When I did write that an MagNB using Fan, Fear, Zaan, Soulstrike, and Impale would have an easy time because of lack of counterplay, i did not mean to nerf Soul Strike. I was implying to change Zaan (like changing it to magic damage instead of fire).

Particularly bewildering was the statement that it should be easier to get away/ LOSing the damage: Tell that 5 MagBlades using Fan, Fear, and Eye of the Storm while the lag prevents you from dodge rolling...

2. Zaan

This change changes nothing. Except the MagNB now would use Assassin´s Will instead of Soul Strike. Should be magic damage, and not fire.

3. Class balance: I actually like the NB changes, but StamDK really need a poison whip.

4. Earthgore: should only trigger at 25% life so it wouldn´t affect PvE, but is no longer an automatic I-Win-Set in group PvP.

5. Silver Shards: Bring them back to old Knockdown and Anti-Undead power so that Stamina classes don´t feel too useless against Ball groups. They can still be countered easily by good groups using the warden shield and an underused PvP Set, but at least bad ball groups will cause less frustration among the majority PvP player base.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    You all miss the important stuff. Who cares about DKs or Templars or even Wardens. Nightblades got buffs. That’s the thing the devs care for.

Don't worry, it's not live yet & lets have a look at them:

Grim Focus: Not a buff for good players - NB already have a really tough rotation, might narrow the gap a bit for this class/skill.

Shadow Image: Not a buff, not a nerf. More of a it was working a bit wierdly and this was a way to remove the wierdness without buffing it. Option B wouild of been to remove the 28m limit which would of been a buff. Would of preferred option B for fun :) (I don't PVP much so don't use it)

Malevolent Offering: With it's targetting issues I think this skill would need to GIVE health when cast before people started using it. I imagine less people have it slotted than the previous agony. Still not seen a single NB healer in a PUG. Have you?

DK sound like they got a serious hammering. I'll shout as much as they did when Siphoning/NB Sap Tanks were removed... On a side note, I did see a templar tank in a PUG pledge this week.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Well, magDK was fun while it lasted......wtf am I supposed to do with it now? Anyone got any suggestions?

Turn it into a PVE tank, or delete for a free character slot...

But my magDK got such a cool name :(......(check my singature below)

Will probably turn it into a PvP character now and copy DDukes build and start practice with it.....
    Edited by Qbiken on January 23, 2018 9:19AM
  • Nephilim_NL
    Dragonknight
    Ardent Flame
    Flame Lash (Lava Whip morph): The Power Lash attack from this morph now has a 3 second cooldown.
    Lava Whip: This ability and its morphs no longer have a cooldown when they can set the enemy target Off Balance. Striking a stunned or immobile enemy will always set them Off Balance.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Could you please explain this? Does this mean that Dragonknights can set a target offbalance (whilst others can't due to the cooldown) as long as the enemy is stunned or immobile?
    Edited by Nephilim_NL on January 23, 2018 10:20AM
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please consider giving the 70% snare to the Soul Shatter morph and removing the requirement on the explosion (killing the enemy with the ulti).

That morph is pretty useless since we have Dawnbreaker. Trading 30% Soul Assault's single target damage with AOE and some snare
    Edited by Ankael07 on January 23, 2018 10:47AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Storage Furnishings
    • The “Storage Coffer, Fortified” collectible can now only be obtained from the Level Up Advisor at level 18.

Okay, wait, but this is not going to be retroactively awarded... meaning? Ugh.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    People just do not learn, do they. First test the things and then comment on the changes. Not the other way around (QQ first and then test).
    ZOS also repeatedly said that they will take a look at class balance NEXT patch, not this one.

I would say: Zenimax do not learn, not players. There has been a really good, valuable and insightful feedback so far with regard to off-balance nerfs and mDK problems. All this useful feedback was not only ignored but Zenimax did the opposite thing of what people were asking for. People have full rights to be pissed right now. I don't main mDK but I know how awful these changes are for the sustain of this class in PvE. Which you can also "test" on live - just replace flame lash with molten whip and good luck with sustain that.

Sorry to say this but combat experience in this game is getting worse and worse since Morrowind and it's a common opinion. It's slow-paced, boring, unenjoyable and unsatisfying. And I don't care about their statements that "they will take a look at class balance NEXT patch" cause it will take more than 3 months from now. We can't wait that long to fix the class that will be unbearable to play. This patch does nothing but deepens the differences even more and is a proof that Zenimax completely lost its touch with the playerbase and have no idea how raids look like atm. On the other hand we can't expect them to fix things if they don't see problems that need to be fixed...

For me one thing is clear: feedback is useless and giving it people are wasting their time. It's evident Zenimax treat PTS players like free bug finders and nothing more.
  • Rjizzle09
    Rjizzle09
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    People just do not learn, do they. First test the things and then comment on the changes. Not the other way around (QQ first and then test).
    ZOS also repeatedly said that they will take a look at class balance NEXT patch, not this one.

I would say: Zenimax do not learn, not players. There has been a really good, valuable and insightful feedback so far with regard to off-balance nerfs and mDK problems. All this useful feedback was not only ignored but Zenimax did the opposite thing of what people were asking for. People have full rights to be pissed right now. I don't main mDK but I know how awful these changes are for the sustain of this class in PvE. Which you can also "test" on live - just replace flame lash with molten whip and good luck with sustain that.

Sorry to say this but combat experience in this game is getting worse and worse since Morrowind and it's a common opinion. It's slow-paced, boring, unenjoyable and unsatisfying. And I don't care about their statements that "they will take a look at class balance NEXT patch" cause it will take more than 3 months from now. We can't wait that long to fix the class that will be unbearable to play. This patch does nothing but deepens the differences even more and is a proof that Zenimax completely lost its touch with the playerbase and have no idea how raids look like atm. On the other hand we can't expect them to fix things if they don't see problems that need to be fixed...

For me one thing is clear: feedback is useless and giving it people are wasting their time. It's evident Zenimax treat PTS players like free bug finders and nothing more.

Pretty much 100% agree on this.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

My point was on the recent changes on the pts that could not have been tested yet (Obviously as PTS is still down)

I am fully aware that ZOS that a very poor job handeling balance in the game. The reason why we are in this mess in the first place is because of players QQing stuff is OP. (I am not innocent here either)
    Edited by Alcast on January 23, 2018 12:07PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblade
    • Shadow
      • Shadow Image (Summon Shade moprh): Fixed an issue where teleporting or attempting to teleport to your shade would cause you to lose some character functionality, such as the ability to mount or interact with objects.

Any chance shadow (and morphs) will scale right with cp and work with sets?

last time i tested dark shades they got no bonus from thaumaturg or master...
    Also they didnt proc skoria (dot) or nerieneth/scatching (direct damage)
    Edited by The_Saint on January 23, 2018 12:22PM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    #BuffSam
  • Yubarius
    Yubarius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope these aren't the only balance changes coming for the next update... sigh.
    • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
    • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
    • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
    • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
    • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
    • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
    • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
    • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

• Tarrocan
    Tarrocan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Ardent Flame
    Flame Lash (Lava Whip morph): The Power Lash attack from this morph now has a 3 second cooldown.
    Lava Whip: This ability and its morphs no longer have a cooldown when they can set the enemy target Off Balance. Striking a stunned or immobile enemy will always set them Off Balance.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Could you please explain this? Does this mean that Dragonknights can set a target offbalance (whilst others can't due to the cooldown) as long as the enemy is stunned or immobile?

MagDk is not dead ;)

ok edit: is dead :disappointed:
    Edited by Tarrocan on January 23, 2018 5:37PM
    AD MagDK 'General Degree <-Main
    AD MagDK 'Kiana
    AD MagDK Kiana The Fire Mage
    AD MagDK General Degree
    AD MagDK 'Tarrocan
    AD StamDK Tarrocan
    AD MagNB GrimKiller
    AD MagCro Som Ting Wong
    AD StamCro 'Som Ting Wong
    AD MagPlar Della Grant
    AD StamPlar R I M M A
    AD MagSorc Nautilus
    AD StamSorc R O M M I
    AD StamNB Iba
    AD MagDen Desi Roots
    AD StamDen Diablo
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Seventh Legion Brute: This Item Set’s proc now has a 2 second cooldown.”

And the circle of meta turns onwards...
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    what i dont understand is how wardens still have ____ING undodgable spammable attacks, which hit HARDER than powerlash, and they dont need to proc it.
    ex. shimmering shield costs half of what wings cost. WTF IS GOIN ON THERE

zos is such a pay to win company. i hope they lose BILLIONS like EA did with the battlefront 2 scandle

Birds are a channelling attk, lash is an instant targert attk. It was bugged
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    wait a minute. WAIT A MINUTE> are you seriously forcing people into leveling a new character in order to get all 8 storage chests??? REALLY ZOS? and before anyone says anything about "its only lvl 18" there are plenty of people who have no character slots left. there are people who don't like leveling alts. there are people who are essentially being told - delete your existing, established alt or spend crowns to get a new one.

THIS IS A TERRIBLE CHANGE ZOS. please revert it back so that all storage containers can be purchased - make a note in a description or add a purchase warning stating that that one particular chest can be acquired as leveling reward, but make. it. buyable anyway. its bad enough that chests cannot be traded, this is making it even worse!

/deep breath

Yes, it seems they are.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lash must be dodgealbe
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Tanking in PvE is Dead" - Part 147, the return of the deads.

2 hours latter, ppl complete vMOL HM in the PTS.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My point was on the recent changes on the pts that could not have been tested yet (Obviously as PTS is still down)

I am fully aware that ZOS that a very poor job handeling balance in the game. The reason why we are in this mess in the first place is because of players QQing stuff is OP. (I am not innocent here either)
    Most of this mess also came from Morrowind when they tried to drastically change the game and no one liked it but instead they stuck with it, almost a year later they are trying to correct it and still having troubles because of the intense sustain nerfs they made.
    #MOREORBS
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*]The “Resurrect Ally” ability can now always be interrupted, even if the enemy player has crowd-control immunity.
    [/list]

Sanity. Thank you.
    Nightblade
    • Assassination
      • Grim Focus: The stacks you build toward the bow proc for this ability and its morphs will now remain if you recast the ability early, or if the ability expires. The partial stack will be removed if you exit combat.
        • Known Issue: The bow proc will sometimes not play its distinct audio cue.
        Developer Comment:
        This change makes the ability effectiveness more consistent among players of different skill levels. It still rewards more skilled play, but is less punishing when someone makes a mistake.
    • Shadow
      • Shadow Image (Summon Shade morph): If you are further than 28 meters away from your shade, this morph will now revert back to allowing you to summon a new shade, rather than letting you attempt to teleport to the shade and fail.
    • Siphoning
      • Malevolent Offering: Reduced the health cost of this ability and the Healthy Offering morph to 4925 from 6751.
      • Shrewd Offering (Malevolent Offering morph): Reduced the health cost of this morph to 4320 from 5940.
        • Known Issue: The tooltip still displays the old cost value.

Good. Malevolent Offering remains at best a niche skill, but if you don't care neither do I.
    Templar
    • Aedric Spear
      • Puncturing Strikes: Increased the width of the damage area of this ability and its morphs by 1 meter. It now hits targets in an 8x6 rectangle in front of you (8 meters long, 6 meters wide), previously 8x5.
        Developer Comment:
        This change will help Templars land jabs more consistently, particularly while strafing.

World
    • Soul Magic
      • Soul Assault: This ability and its morphs no longer snare the enemy target.
        Developer Comment:
        One of the main counters to channeled abilities is being able to break light of sight/out range the ability, which is extremely difficult when faced with a 70% snare.

Excellent. (For those keeping score, that is not a NB buff.)
    Shadow hide you.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel please fix focused charge bug
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamden wrote: »

Well, here's to another 3 months of not being able to play ESO. Gotta find some way to screw over DKs every patch..

Thank god. Overperforming imho. Infinites offensive healing while enemies CC'ing infinitely. Not to mention the s***show that was happening. 5 power lashes in a row with the Zaan set was seriously cancerous.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is sad.
    Seems like eso will never be great again.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Flame Lash morph is getting nerfed maybe it's finally time to look at the Molten Whip spell/wep dmg vaule due to fact it was not changed since Tamriel Unlimited reballancing. It would be really ok and I think in current state of the game not too strong for mag DK's to have 150-200 more spell dmg to all flame dmg abilities instead of 100 wep/spell dmg to Ardent Flame abilities.
    Edited by Juhasow on January 23, 2018 1:51PM
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Can we PLEASE get the cruel flurry bug looked at and fixed?? I feel like it is a slap in the face to all stam users that have done maelstrom to get virtually useless weapons.
  • Nephilim_NL
    Tarrocan wrote: »
    Dragonknight
    Ardent Flame

MagDk is not dead ;)

If the changes are as I hope they are, then no. That would mean that they are far from dead.
  • bigspender42002
    bigspender42002
    ✭✭✭
    RIP MAG DK! You cut mag dk sustain and now you take away their main attack?
  • marcosvpl
    marcosvpl
    make proc set critable on pve