Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.2

• xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    So for PvE doesn't off balance last 4 seconds and power lash cooldown is 3 seconds, so now dragonknights get to have 2 free casts every 15-20 seconds or you can choose if you want to heavy attack

oh boi i'm gonna go grind one up right now, it's way too powerful.

Amazing what such a terrible patch Morrowind turned out to be and ruined the game in many aspects that has taken up to almost a year now to correct, and one class is still unplayable in PvE so it's not even fixed yet. It's going to take over a damn year.

Well said, whoever came up with some of the major morrowind changes should be removed from making anymore balance decisions. Game is dropping like a rock in how fun it is to play now patch after patch. Glad they are doing the outfit system because decorating homes and characters is the most enjoyable part of the game anymore.
    Edited by xaraan on January 23, 2018 1:05AM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Well, magDK was fun while it lasted......wtf am I supposed to do with it now? Anyone got any suggestions?

Well, tanking. Thats what Wrobel want for DK.

No, they are slowly killing tanking (for all classes) with each patch, DKs might not feel the hit as much as some classes, but I can feel it on every class on my tanks.

Do realise than no one is using block cost glyph in PvP ? So do you realise the decrease cost on base block cost is a HUGE buff to everyblocktard in PvP ?
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    As a Magblade I feel sorry for all of you guys who play magicka DK as main character...
    I hope Wrobel will finally open his eyes and see how bad this situation is...

isn’t this somehow simultaneously a buff to pvp mag DKs (which they don’t need) and a nerf to pve?

Its a buff and a nerf. 3s hard cooldown. Before it could proc from interrupts and niche lightning staff builds more than every 5s. Also now dodgable. But compared to live it can proc once every 3s through the normal CC>lash>power method, instead of every 5s. And the offbalance part can be 100% up.

It is weird, because it fixes none of the issues MDK actually has in PvP. The damage is fine. Its just the lack of in class defense/mobility. Wings being *** and DK being a slower class in general.

Wings should be a bit less *** now (if it's actually fixed):
    Reflective Scale: Fixed an issue where recasting this ability and its morphs would not refresh the amount of projectile reflections allowed.

As for the whole Power Lash debacle, when it comes to PvP there's no denying it's a good change.

It makes fights vs medium armor dodge roll builds slightly less one-sided, but helps against dmg shield oriented builds (those extra Power Lashes are going to MELT mSorc shields... just you wait for the "nerf mDK posts") & also helps tremendously against S&B builds (you'll be able to mitigate their damage and pressure them better).
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things, one question and one comment:

Comment: "Items that are bound to your current character are now referred to as "Character Bound" in the tooltip. All functionality remains the same." - Speaking of character bound items, the Imperial retreat stones should just be bound to accounts now that you can bank AP. At this point it's just eating up inventory room if you have one or two spread out on various characters here and there (especially if you don't play pvp much on that particular character anymore).

Question: "The “Storage Coffer, Fortified” collectible can now only be obtained from the Level Up Advisor at level 18." - Does this mean if we don't level a new character (as in we have to buy a slot now if we are maxed out) we will only be able to get 3 of that chest size? Or do we just buy a different type for the fourth? Not sure I understand how this works, and I'll probably get the slot anyhow, but definitely don't agree with forcing vet players that have leveled to purchase a character slot and level a new character just to complete their storage coffer collection. (Hope I'm reading this wrong).
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Solohope
    Solohope
    ✭✭✭
    I love you so much! Amazing changes!
    PC NA - @Solohope
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    xaraan wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Well, magDK was fun while it lasted......wtf am I supposed to do with it now? Anyone got any suggestions?

Well, tanking. Thats what Wrobel want for DK.

No, they are slowly killing tanking (for all classes) with each patch, DKs might not feel the hit as much as some classes, but I can feel it on every class on my tanks.

Do realise than no one is using block cost glyph in PvP ? So do you realise the decrease cost on base block cost is a HUGE buff to everyblocktard in PvP ?

What does this have to do with what I said? This thread isn't just about pvp.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    lol did they seriously just nerf magdk? They’re literally the worst class by a long shot for pve. You will never see a magdk in a trial for sure now.

This is why this game needs separate pve and pvp balancing.
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    I can't believe that mag Dks think it's fine to have an undodgeable super strong dot, undodgeable stunn, undodgeable powerlash, undodgeable ultimate, undodgeable gapcloser and undodgeable proc set.

PvE is different tho, I agree on the concerns from mag Dks there. The PvP complaints are hilarious tho.

Last i checked, all dots are undodgable because they are on the actual person, last i checked, nearly all the classes have access to an undodgable stun, last i checked every aoe ultimate in the game is undodgable however leap has the problem of someone moving out of the range while the DK is mid flight which leads to no damage registering which isn't something that all the other aoe ultimates have, last i checked a class doesn't have it's own proc set, i believe you are referring to skoria which can be used by ANYONE.

All dots are undodgeable? The only other undodgeable dot that comes to my mind is the Warden dot (and Soul Trap which is garbage).
    the_Beard wrote: »
    I can't believe that mag Dks think it's fine to have an undodgeable super strong dot, undodgeable stunn, undodgeable powerlash, undodgeable ultimate, undodgeable gapcloser and undodgeable proc set.

PvE is different tho, I agree on the concerns from mag Dks there. The PvP complaints are hilarious tho.

Last I checked, people rarely die from a magDK's dots. What game are you playing???

They do, they just don't see it in the recap. People who think that pressure is worth nothing in PvP live in the past.
    the_Beard wrote: »
    For the people saying that magDK excel at 1v1 duels, and deserve the cooldown to whip and it being dodgeable, you are absolutely out of your mind if you think that should be the basis for balance in this game. The dueling community makes up what percentage of this game? Go watch the legend tournaments. There's not all that many people in there compared to weekly leaderboards for pve trials. Pull your head out of the sand and realize that there are other parts of the game than just 1v1 fights.

Edit: nothing against the dueling community, but some of these comments are absurd.

If duels don't matter, what the *** are you complaining about then? That the kind of builds which are free ap for a mag Dk will survive 10 seconds longer now that Powerlash can be dodged? You also ignore the fact that mag Dk is also very strong in Battlegrounds and in smallscale groups it's not bad either. You can't have everything, no class is top tier in everything.

so much of this.

MagDK is the most ridicilous thing to face as a medium armor build.

Even magicka wardens I can deal with, but not the bloody magDks with their 10k undodgeable power lash that also heal them to full.

now pve mDks need help, no lies about that. but pvp mDk... that is a different case.

Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 23, 2018 1:27AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    As a Magblade I feel sorry for all of you guys who play magicka DK as main character...
    I hope Wrobel will finally open his eyes and see how bad this situation is...

isn’t this somehow simultaneously a buff to pvp mag DKs (which they don’t need) and a nerf to pve?

Its a buff and a nerf. 3s hard cooldown. Before it could proc from interrupts and niche lightning staff builds more than every 5s. Also now dodgable. But compared to live it can proc once every 3s through the normal CC>lash>power method, instead of every 5s. And the offbalance part can be 100% up.

It is weird, because it fixes none of the issues MDK actually has in PvP. The damage is fine. Its just the lack of in class defense/mobility. Wings being *** and DK being a slower class in general.

Hmm, I don’t think I like the sound of it overall. The 100% on off balance is bad. Idk I guess we wait and see. To be fair wings functions as well as most skills do, that is, not as it should due to a host of issues, and if mag DKs had good mobility then they would just be ridiculously OP.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is this the Templar fix we've been waiting for, reverting Morrowind's awful additive modifier stacking that has already been fixed for everyone else? Or just more kicking the can down the road ad infinitum?
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    *Counting the number of people who finish their rants with "I'm done".*
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hw1g1l5r8yvz.jpg

Outfit System
    • Reduced the price of the Outfit Station furnishing to 500 Writ Vouchers from 1500.
    • You can now complete the “Fully Styled” achievement across multiple transactions, instead of having to change all eight slots at once.
    • Changing any of your Outfit Styles no longer replays the unsheathe effect for your weapon enchantment.
    • The Help Menu entry for the Outfit System now includes an image showcasing the Outfit Station.

Good change on reducing the writ voucher cost.

Now if we can get you to make a few other changes.
    • Lower the cost or make it free if a character has unlocked a motif or dye.
    • If you buy or acquire a Costume you get a Outfitter unlock for the various pieces
    • Add Monster set pieces as available. Maybe grant the set unlock if you acquire a piece.
    • Both Monster sets & Costumes, Reasonable to pay a gold cost since they can not be crafted.
    • Add a hotkey to hide helm with no cost. Can Keep the hide helm icon option to make a Outfit without helm look.
    • Add hide any piece as a option to Outfit.
    • Add Disguise and Stolen/ Laundered Clothing pieces to Outfitter. Unlocked when acquired. Gold Cost to use.

Having a gold cost makes sense when it's for something we can not do on that character. It's like a penalty to be charged when you bought the motif or rewarded with Dye unlock achievement for that character.

Charging for when a Character does not know the motif will help preserve the Motif market price. People seek a discount if it bothers by adding the motifs to additional characters.

I think that Costume sales would go up if you also got a unlock in the outfitter system for the various pieces.

Having a piece of Monster Armor on a character to unlock the set in the Outfitter also makes sense to me. One of the reasons the system was asked for was to keep a consistent look. Bought pieces from a vendor would be an exception and not grant a unlock as the idea is for the character to go do the quest/ dungeon and acquire a piece first.

https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Get enough support and the DK power lash changes can be reverted. It happened with Sorcs.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DosPanchos wrote: »
    *Counting the number of people who finish their rants with "I'm done".*

add me to that list then.
  • srnm
    srnm
    ✭✭✭
    For me, the patch seems to fix things and further break things - as usual...

Some of the feedback is really hostile and/or whiny - even if it might be valid.
    Please put yourself in the position of the person employed by ZOS who has to wade through the muck when you leave a reply.

But dear ZOS, people feel issues that are really important to them are being mis-handled -- which feeds the hostility...

• jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's make DragonKnights great again!

#buffDK2018
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome changes. IMO a better solution to the Power Lash spam in PVP without killing magic DKs in PVE would be to give an off balance immunity timer to players in the same way you've just given one to PVE bosses. This would have the added benefit of helping to balance the Tactician and Exploiter passives which are leading to the crazy one-shots you see in PVP, as well as making the Truth set less appealing (which in turn helps nerf the "stack as much weapon damage as possible in heavy armor" playstyle) and making the transition between PVE and PVP feel more smooth. That being said, something definitely needed to happen to Power Lash, since the uptime you could keep on it in PVP with things like Overwhelming Surge and Elemental Blockade was insane, so thanks either way for addressing it.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    Any idea how long it will be offline? I had a moment to test something and sadly its offline
  • H4RDFOX
    H4RDFOX
    ✭✭✭
    Was just in Cyro, and the idea that soul assault overperforms is bogus. I only managed to take out 2 individuals with that ability. The snare should have been reduced. Completely eliminating the snare renders the ability useless in pvp because it will probably manage two ticks of damage, and the opponent will run it off and buff shields or rally for reengage. Breaking line of sight is easier, and the ult will have little to no effect. It will likely stay as a pve ult because bosses will just sit there.
    #NoEasyProps
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figure

The Emperor’s Regalia Costume has been reverted to its original state.

@ZOS_GinaBruno "Original state"? What does this mean, exactly? :S

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    I would be fine with the changes to Power Lash being dodgeable if there weren't other spammables in game that are also undodgeable...

Is there really a reason a skill that now has a cooldown and requires setup to use is dodgeable, but birds and numerous other attacks are undodgeable (birds being the largest culprit)??
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um... Atronach?

Guess it goes live as it is. :D
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy you guys fixed the bugs related to the DK wings, but has the fossilize bug already been dealt with where it is sometimes not possible to root someone who is not using anything that causes immovability?

Greetz.

Edit: I think overall MagDK is one of the most left behind classes, it performs well in duels and in big groups in Cyrodiil, but that is it. PVE wise it is a problem. I hope to see some MagDK and StamDK love in the future, I hope you guys actually read the forum posts of DK's and start working towards something they propose, because all I see are bug fixes and nerfs.

The Stam DK is much worse off then the Magicka DK currently ... The DK is suffering from an Idenity issue.. Tanking and thats it basically
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    I would be fine with the changes to Power Lash being dodgeable if there weren't other spammables in game that are also undodgeable...

Is there really a reason a skill that now has a cooldown and requires setup to use is dodgeable, but birds and numerous other attacks are undodgeable (birds being the largest culprit)??

This is 100% biased stamblade perspective, but I do find birds less of a problem as cloak tends to actually work against Wardens (they have very few cloak breaker AoEs), where as a mag DK will easily pop you out of stealth with the 360 10m radius Volatile Armor & keep Power Lashing/Fossilizing you.

I can see how birds can be a big issue to other dodge roll oriented stam builds though.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    So for PvE doesn't off balance last 4 seconds and power lash cooldown is 3 seconds, so now dragonknights get to have 2 free casts every 15-20 seconds or you can choose if you want to heavy attack

oh boi i'm gonna go grind one up right now, it's way too powerful.

Amazing what such a terrible patch Morrowind turned out to be and ruined the game in many aspects that has taken up to almost a year now to correct, and one class is still unplayable in PvE so it's not even fixed yet. It's going to take over a damn year.

I loved Morrowind. Homestead was truely awful however for everyone expect Mag Sorcs.

The Rapid Strikes rotation was gone, Surprise Attack finally found a way back onto our bars, Merciless/Relentless finally became useful abilities and you actually had to think about sustain instead of mindlessly doing your rotation like a robot. Pity that people didn't try to adjust to the sustain changes straight away and just started doing even more brainless heavy attack builds. All of the CP changes were good. I mean yeah, it took the game to a new level.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Oh great, you basically erased Soul Attack from my ultimate. Now everyone can just run and go. :( The ability could've been blocked you know.

Duuude. This is one of the strongest ultimates in the game. Draining your stamina is not a viable option to survival. No ultimate should allow someone to wreck a person at full health while they can’t move. Now this ultimate can be used legitimately since it has multiple forms of counterplay, you’ll just have to use it closer to execute range instead of blasting people at random. And I say this as a user of soul assault. It’s still really strong.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yesh, this one loves the improvements for Nightblades!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bad... Not bad at all imo
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Oh great, you basically erased Soul Attack from my ultimate. Now everyone can just run and go. :( The ability could've been blocked you know.

Depending on your class you can hit them with a powerful snare before casting it. Like Lotus Fan -> Soul Assault
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wtf is wrong with you people?! Do you even look at the f*&+ing forums, there were some really good suggestions on how to make the changes you implemented work but NO... You had to go in the complete opposite direction. You really need to think about what you're doing here not just throwing nerfs around willy-nilly... If you've got an end game plan here then just do it in a big patch then LEAVE THINGS ALONE so we can get used to them.