The Blackwood Chapter and Update 30 are now available for testing on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts/

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.2

• NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    As a Magblade I feel sorry for all of you guys who play magicka DK as main character...
    I hope Wrobel will finally open his eyes and see how bad this situation is...

I don't. They've been the best in a 1v1 fight for a loooooong time. I doubt this will drastically change that
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Alliance Warlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA
    I record things for fun and for info
    https://youtube.com/channel/UC0WuLVnsW177WKkKcvNuuYA
  • Jeremiah87
    Jeremiah87
    ✭✭✭

Nightblade
    • Assassination
      • Grim Focus: The stacks you build toward the bow proc for this ability and its morphs will now remain if you recast the ability early, or if the ability expires. The partial stack will be removed if you exit combat.

Awesome! I was hoping for this to happen!

Edited by Jeremiah87 on January 22, 2018 11:39PM
    • CatchMeTrolling
      CatchMeTrolling
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      For everyone whining about soul assault don't just say it needs the snare back without offering any counterplay advice. And no reducing the snare effectiveness is not counterplay.
    • NyassaV
      NyassaV
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Passifest wrote: »
      gabriebe wrote: »
      All those MagDKs crying about getting nerfed, when MagDKs have been dominating in duels, PvE DPS, PvE tanking and PvP tanking....

What rock have you been living under? The only thing they excel at is tanking. In duels stamden is better in pve dps they are *** and have been for a while.

They are the best/easiest is duels.
      She/Her ~ PC/NA
    • SirCritical
      SirCritical
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Am I blind or nothing related to reverting block changes?
    • technohic
      technohic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Didgerion wrote: »

Nightblade
      • Assassination
        • Grim Focus: The stacks you build toward the bow proc for this ability and its morphs will now remain if you recast the ability early, or if the ability expires. The partial stack will be removed if you exit combat.
      No proc expiration when fully charged?

Here you go - a new gang one shot build incoming - Blob's already working on it.

And I guess sorcs will cry to preserve their frag proc too now.

Actually; removing it when leaving combat makes me think that cloaking could make it fall off
    • NyassaV
      NyassaV
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno Wasn't there mention of reducing the cost of storage containers? Where are those in the patch notes. Or is that merely for outfit station
      She/Her ~ PC/NA
    • Tommy_The_Gun
      Tommy_The_Gun
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      byr3sds3yy81.jpg

6mbast25q5e4.png
      Battlegrounds
      • Reduced the rewards for finishing in second place to 10000 AP, and third place to 7000 AP.
      Well i though that this was mainly to promote Battlegrounds more and reduce AP farming in cyrodiil... It feels kind-of unnecessary. I would understand that if Battlegrounds had some sort of MM that will pair pugs with other pugs... most of the time it is pugs vs pre-mades... :#
    • Dr.NRG
      Dr.NRG
      ✭✭✭✭
      off balance smh why zos? why:( this is even worse than heavy attack meta just why:(?
    • Passifest
      Passifest
      ✭✭✭✭
      Hollery wrote: »
      All those MagDKs crying about getting nerfed, when MagDKs have been dominating in duels, PvE DPS, PvE tanking and PvP tanking....

What rock have you been living under? The only thing they excel at is tanking. In duels stamden is better in pve dps they are *** and have been for a while.

Objectively false
    • maboleth
      maboleth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ManDraKE wrote: »
      what about using an snare or a CC before your ultimate? The soul assult snare was brutal and removed counterplay

That means wasting another slot for a cc ability, as a mag sorc. Frags no longer stun, SA will no longer stun. Besides, stamina people easily break CC in pvp. SA snare effectively countered those fast, erratic NBs.

SA was brutal mostly to those who didn't know how to counter it. It was effective most of the time, as all ultis should. (though use it wrong - near obstacle and you will be out of any ulti points with zero damage!) Reducing the snare is one thing but going from 70% to 0% is just nonsense.

Plus it was a nice rewarded ultimate, unlocked to those who actually played the game and finished the main quest.

Edited by maboleth on January 22, 2018 11:51PM
    • NyassaV
      NyassaV
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Hollery wrote: »

Objectively false

LOL, k... They suffer in open world PvP too
      She/Her ~ PC/NA
    • Universe
      Universe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Am I blind or nothing related to reverting block changes?

You're not.
      There's nothing in regard to block changes.
      If this is all update 17 has to offer in regard to balance changes, it is seriously bad.
      I hope the next incremental patch will add additional balance changes and maybe revert some of the mentioned changes in this thread.
      Edited by Universe on January 22, 2018 11:48PM
      Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
      PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
      Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
      PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
      Started playing ESO in beta & early access
      User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    • GiantFruitFly
      GiantFruitFly
      ✭✭✭
      The “Storage Coffer, Fortified” collectible can now only be obtained from the Level Up Advisor at level 18.
      This just seems like its pushing the 15th purchasable character slot pretty hard. Could have at least left in the crown store buy option at least. Looks like anyone who wants a full set of storage will have to grind out a new alt.

The lack of mention of hide head slot/other slots or changes/fixes to them is disconcerting. I hope to have no loss in functionality that the current hide helmet toggle currently does. It is concerning especially since all the outfit system gold sinks are still on the table even for ESO plus members.
    • technohic
      technohic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      beetleklee wrote: »
      Wish I could change my MagDK into a MagNB. Guess he'll be relegated to crafting duty.

That’s where I went when Templar got more and more into the healer role.
    • Passifest
      Passifest
      ✭✭✭✭
      Power Lash definitely needed a nerf. Mag DK’s is way too bursty. I was so tired of one-shotting tanky targets with my high spell damage and great sustain as a Mag DK. I’m glad they buffed Nightblade and Templar and didn’t touch Warden, I feel as though snipe and birds are very well-balanced.

FML

Its funny because ZOS won't understand your sarcasm
    • Im_MegaDeath
      Im_MegaDeath
      ✭✭✭
      DK changes seemed rushed to balance the new helm together and wasn't tested properly.

Soul assault was a great change

Off balanced I'm sure was tested a lot since it is the main point for a lot of pve dps

The immovable pot time change seems like a targeted change meaning wrobel didn't like it personally and wanted to *** me :)

AP changes to BGs seems like you did the math and it's too much but right now BGs are some what vacant and need more players so this doesn't help that issue. If anything it will discourage players.

Umm that's all my effort for this XD hope the comments get attention. The other changes we will have to look at on live to see if they are right for the game or not and ummmmmmmmmmm did boots get standards? Did I read that right lol rip
      DC - Im MegaDeath (Stam DK) PvP
    • joaaocaampos
      joaaocaampos
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dragonknight
      • Ardent Flame
        • Flame Lash (Lava Whip morph): The Power Lash attack from this morph now has a 3 second cooldown.
      In my opinion, 3 seconds is too much. 2 seconds!
      Look at this: "(...) to deal Flame Damage and stun them for 2 seconds. You also heal over 2 seconds."
      That is... 2 seconds cooldown!