The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.1

• James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    silvereyes wrote: »
    The pricing with the merchant will be updated in next week's PTS patch.

Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno,

I see that the prices in the master writ voucher store have been updated already in this patch, up from the 1 voucher of last week. Does your comment mean that there are further price changes coming in v2.7.2? I really hope so, because for anyone without 9 trait research complete (to be able to finish the 100+ voucher master writs), the prices are probably too high on the attunable crafting stations.
    ivaf3yvhuptw.png

250 vouchers is something like 3 gold weapon hand ins, which amounts to something like 280-300k
    Way, way, way, way too much for something that might save you a 5 minute trip to Craglorn.

Generally, these voucher prices are much too high comparing to how many vouchers you get from the writs. I we need to hand in stuff that requires 8 gold tempers, it sure as heck gotta be worth more than that.

If they increased the drop rate for gold tempers during writs it might actually be viable (especially for Blacksmith) but as it stands now it's simply not worth the convenience unless they want us to buy from the crown store... will wait to see those prices.

NOTE: I also did one Master Gold Axe and got 21 vouchers :| That's almost 12 gold items for 250 vouchers. You need 8 to assure its going to be gold (RnG gods hate me so never chance it) so at 8.7k per Blacksmith Gold Temper equals about 70k times 12 weapons = 840k for 250 vouchers..... yeah nah!!
    Edited by James-Wayne on January 10, 2017 6:34AM
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    TheHsN wrote: »
    Tnx Zos you are still keep going to destroy my DW MagSorc it is like u are saying me we dont want you in this game anymore...Cuz i only play PVP and only play with My DW MAG SORC ... pls keep going like that ...eventually i will say enough and stop playing ESO ..

Thank you...

@ZOS_RichLambert

I am sorry but I cannot agree this is destroying the magsorc, all you did was look a little different with dual wield it does not mean you used the weapons, now things are more balanced with 2h, and the staff got a nice increase, I really do not see the big deal, if anything I thought it was lame you cannot actually use the swords and be effective anyways being magicka thats the real problem.

Pls read better my mate,

I said "MY" MagSORC...!!! mean my build my play style that im having fun to...
    I play with DW sorc and my main dps skill is velicious curse on this build is all Based SPELLDAMAGE...with burst
    But for me now they destroyed that with those changes that it was not NEEDED...
    Believe me there are MORE biger issues they need to change AS in the name of BALANCE...
    What they adressed to make balance are not really to bring balance

I agree on the curse stuff but dual wielding for pure looks is not a playstyle its just a look.
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did the bug get fixed yet - the one where we can't decorate other peoples' homes when given decorator status because the default hotkey is set to "port to safe location" rather than "open housing editor"? And no amount of re-binding keys will change it?

I hope it is fixed so that I and my other guildmates can get a chance to test this before the server character switchover.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    disregard that
    Edited by Anhedonie on January 10, 2017 11:24AM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neighbor wrote: »
    If they want to make 2H on-par with DW, just make it so 2H weapons count as 2 set pieces.

It's such a freakin obvious change that has been requested many times.

That wouldn't make them on par either. The entire Two Handed skill line would need HEAVY reworking before they could be dealing damage on par with Dual Wield (PvE). The issue isn't the weapon itself, it's the skills. That being said, Two Handed offers unparalleled advantages in PvP that Dual Wield can't compare to.

Having 2h weapons count as 2 set pieces would be less about parity between the 2h and dual wield skill lines but a step towards a better and more consistent base to balance all sorts of stuff from, including those skill lines. This consistent base is something ZOS seem to be increasingly going for and that's a good thing overall of course. Unfortunately the application so far seems spotty and riddled with some really odd calls, the refusal to have 2h weapons ( including staffs, obviously ) count for 2 set pieces being amoung them.
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So basically you need to be a magdk using a sharp inferno and lit staff to actually get a buff this patch? New meta is the super powered heavy attack builds....strange.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So basically you need to be a magdk using a sharp inferno and lit staff to actually get a buff this patch? New meta is the super powered heavy attack builds....strange.

More like nb
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno,

I see that the prices in the master writ voucher store have been updated already in this patch, up from the 1 voucher of last week. Does your comment mean that there are further price changes coming in v2.7.2? I really hope so, because for anyone without 9 trait research complete (to be able to finish the 100+ voucher master writs), the prices are probably too high on the attunable crafting stations.
    ivaf3yvhuptw.png

250 vouchers is something like 3 gold weapon hand ins, which amounts to something like 280-300k
    Way, way, way, way too much for something that might save you a 5 minute trip to Craglorn.

Generally, these voucher prices are much too high comparing to how many vouchers you get from the writs. I we need to hand in stuff that requires 8 gold tempers, it sure as heck gotta be worth more than that.

If they increased the drop rate for gold tempers during writs it might actually be viable (especially for Blacksmith) but as it stands now it's simply not worth the convenience unless they want us to buy from the crown store... will wait to see those prices.

NOTE: I also did one Master Gold Axe and got 21 vouchers :| That's almost 12 gold items for 250 vouchers. You need 8 to assure its going to be gold (RnG gods hate me so never chance it) so at 8.7k per Blacksmith Gold Temper equals about 70k times 12 weapons = 840k for 250 vouchers..... yeah nah!!

Sure wish I could still buy gold tempers for 8.7k they are going for 21k each now on NA servers.
    Edited by TequilaFire on January 10, 2017 12:52PM
    Options
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno What about all the issues reported with the Mac Client interface? No fixes to that? Your recommendation to just use a new template character does NOT remedy most of our issues and we can't do our part to help test out the changes! We haven't heard anything about a fix to the mac client and now since this patch we're having EVEN MORE issues with not being able to even load in characters OR templates. Your response last week of it only affecting NA Ported Characters was WAY off the mark and incorrect but we had no future communication from any of you on that thread. Not being able to test out the PTS on Mac is really beginning to concern many of us because who knows what will and will not work after the Update goes live next month when we can't even get past load screens, let alone actually USE anything. :( Help!
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
    Options
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason dw》2hd is the sd/wd they provide not just dmg%
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, you guys reverting the curse nerf?

Maybe I can reinstall and sub all 3 of my accounts again.
    Options
  • Nazarousb14_ESO
    Nazarousb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Accual it is only a slight nerf to that skill, so it's dps drops a bit. Though you can weave more so your force pulse, light attacks and so on. This increases those skills uptime and dps. So far with the little testing I have done shows a net gain dps.
    Options
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a world where rally exists the dual wield skill line gets nerfed lol. Not even a significant nerf. 3 percent. What is that even going to do? This nerf's only purpose is to stop people from using the excuse that dual wield provides marginally more weapon damage on the stat sheet than a 2hander. People who complain about something so irrelevant think treating 2h weapons as a 2 piece is balance. Why cater to people who don't know what utility is lol? When 4 out of the 5 skills on most stamina templars bars for pvp are 2h skills you'd think that'd be more concerning.

Btw any ETA on what you're going to do about the CP system? Every time you up the cap you're just approaching the problem you already acknowledged existed when orisinium released. Or are you hoping the game just dies before it really matters?

Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

Options
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Accual it is only a slight nerf to that skill, so it's dps drops a bit. Though you can weave more so your force pulse, light attacks and so on. This increases those skills uptime and dps. So far with the little testing I have done shows a net gain dps.

u do PVP???
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
    Options
  • Parafrost
    Parafrost
    ✭✭✭
    So stam took an even bigger hit with the dw nerf...
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Little bit of balancing having dual wield match 2H damage. How bout counting weapons that take 2 slots as 2 of a set piece?

doesn't this already happen?
    Options
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ralen wrote: »

[*]Daggerfall Overlook now has a tower from which you may now look over Daggerfall.

Hi Zenimax ! Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom !

First of all you did an amazing job with Homestead, thank you very much !

... BUT ...

Can you please reconsider the Ebonheart Chateau ? I visited the three other manor and large homes and I noticed with astonishment how much better they are !
    • Hunding's Palatial Hall (which is assumed to be smaller and less attractive) is FAR better : large outdoor areas , sandy beach , personal lighthouse and suspended terrace
    • Serenity Falls Estate is also a far better manor : extra large outdoor areas , biggest stables than any other homes , and the cherry on the cake : waterfall and river
    • Even the Daggerfall Overlook have great outdoors and a secret passage to escape... And now A TOWER !

Sadly, the great Ebonheart Chateau has none of that : small outdoors , small stables, and no place from where to admire the ash horizon or the summit of the Ash Mountain... It could have biggest outdoors and why not a pretty little terrace in font of the sea, like the Plantation Point Overlook (where you can find M'aiq) near from Fort Zeren in Bal Foyen.

So please Zenimax, offer the Ebonheart Chateau a small improvement to bring it to the same level of attractiveness as the other manors and large house.

Thank you to ear the dunmer request o:)

Zenimax might review and fix the disproportions in housing... In a while... After they eventually analyze statistics and realize that some of the homes they invested resources in are almost never bought.
    Happy to have at least something having stables and vistas together :-)
    Edited by DorianDragonRaze on January 10, 2017 10:15PM
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
    Options
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    First of all, thank you Zenimax for the game which is still great and incredibly fun!
    Crafting & Economy
    • Fixed an issue where buying something with Master Writ Vouchers would not update the total in the store UI.
    • Fixed an issue where Enchanting Master Writs invitations were requiring the Aspect Improvement passive instead of the intended Potency Improvement.
    • Removed an unattainable style motif from potential equipment Master Writs invitations.
    • Fixed a rare issue that could cause a Master Alchemy Writ invitation to require an impossible combination of effects.

Nevertheless, it does seem like you're utterly lacking good QA and code review practices. So trivial mistakes would not even came up if someone had thoroughly checked the changes during development and/or before the changes committed.
    Edited by DorianDragonRaze on January 10, 2017 9:29PM
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Lexxy is a PVPer. He does not care about weaving force pulse, uptime, or an optimal DPS rotation.

He wants to deliver three unblockable undodgable curses every 12 seconds. Not two.

Velocious duration is less than cloak, so the explosion always pulls a nightblade out of cloak. Every time.
    Velocious is better against block stacking tanks, they have no choice but to take the full damage. Three shots per 12 seconds.
    Velocious is harder to purge at 3.5 seconds, especially when paired with a hard CC.
    Dodge rollers can't avoid curse.
    Curse can't be reflected. To be fair force pulse can't either, but the damage force pulse does to anyone in heavy armor is trivial, vigor ticks higher per second.
    Options
  • the_man_of_steal
    the_man_of_steal
    ✭✭✭
    Combat & Gameplay
    General
    • Fixed an issue where casting an ability to quickly dismount was not displaying some or all of that ability's visual effects to other player characters.
    • Increased the Dual Wield Weapon and Spell Damage penalty by roughly 3%. Weapon and Spell Damage while Dual Wielding (without modifiers) is now equal to using a Two Handed weapon.
      • Note: This change was included in the 2.7.0 patch, but the patch note was unintentionally missed.

Weapons
    • Restoration Staff
      • Regeneration: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs were not correctly prioritizing low-health targets that did not already have the Heal over Time applied.

Cmon ZoS this is getting ridiculous. Buff 2H dmg or make it so 2H weapons count for 2 of the sets! What the heck. Where is the diversity in this game!?!
    Edited by the_man_of_steal on January 10, 2017 9:43PM
    Options
  • Parafrost
    Parafrost
    ✭✭✭
    Combat & Gameplay
    General
    • Fixed an issue where casting an ability to quickly dismount was not displaying some or all of that ability's visual effects to other player characters.
    • Increased the Dual Wield Weapon and Spell Damage penalty by roughly 3%. Weapon and Spell Damage while Dual Wielding (without modifiers) is now equal to using a Two Handed weapon.
      • Note: This change was included in the 2.7.0 patch, but the patch note was unintentionally missed.

Weapons
    • Restoration Staff
      • Regeneration: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs were not correctly prioritizing low-health targets that did not already have the Heal over Time applied.

Cmon ZoS this is getting ridiculous. Buff 2H dmg or make it so 2H weapons count for 2 of the sets! What the heck. Where is the diversity in this game!?!

Dual wield got nerfed lol
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot enter the tower that was added to the Daggerfall Outlook.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Lexxy is a PVPer. He does not care about weaving force pulse, uptime, or an optimal DPS rotation.

He wants to deliver three unblockable undodgable curses every 12 seconds. Not two.

Velocious duration is less than cloak, so the explosion always pulls a nightblade out of cloak. Every time.
    Velocious is better against block stacking tanks, they have no choice but to take the full damage. Three shots per 12 seconds.
    Velocious is harder to purge at 3.5 seconds, especially when paired with a hard CC.
    Dodge rollers can't avoid curse.
    Curse can't be reflected. To be fair force pulse can't either, but the damage force pulse does to anyone in heavy armor is trivial, vigor ticks higher per second.

Sorry what? How long do you cloak for?
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Increased the Dual Wield Weapon and Spell Damage penalty by roughly 3%. Weapon and Spell Damage while Dual Wielding (without modifiers) is now equal to using a Two Handed weapon.
    Note: This change was included in the 2.7.0 patch, but the patch note was unintentionally missed.

What is this??

It is called over compensation in trying to balance the game.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With nerf to strife, i have replaced it with other skill to adjust my build.

Felt disappointed over this cost increases change
    Options
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before everyone goes losing their minds about the "nerf" to Dual Wield;
    Live servers; UjuJnDX.png

PTS servers; wFsyxTA.png

39 WD difference with Major Brut up + 5 medium armor passive.

Without Major Brut I have 2823 WD on live and on 2789 PTS. So yeah, it is being affected by buffs. Maximum of 51 WD lost if you're a sorc with Major/Minor brut and Flawless main barred (altho, not sure why you'd do that)

The 6% bonus passive, Dual Wield Expert, is also no longer granting Spell Damage. This was a bugged passive and was only retaining it's bonuses if you did something unintended with them, which is being fixed

This is less than 100 DPS lost for min/maxed situations. The world is not ending, calm down.

Which equipment setup are you using? @Gilliamtherogue
    Edited by The_Protagonist on January 11, 2017 2:01PM
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With nerf to strife, i have replaced it with other skill to adjust my build.

Felt disappointed over this cost increases change

on PTS?
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno,

ivaf3yvhuptw.png

To add to this.....
    I had a Master Blacksmith Writ that required a Legendary 2H Axe with Nirn Trait!! Thats 8 tempers + a Potent Nirncrux!!
    Add that to the cost equation.
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Majeure wrote: »
    • Daggerfall Overlook now has a tower from which you may now look over Daggerfall.

That sounds great! But please remove the Daggerfall Covenant flags from inside the castle, the other manors don't have things like these and this makes it less appealing for other alliances to own, and please fix the back of the throne room so you can walk to the very end. :)

Edit: Apparently the invisible wall has been removed, but the flags are still there much to my dismay! And as many have pointed out, the tower door doesn't actually work, so keep at it ZOS, you can do it! :wink:

No this would defy the lore, haven't you watched the trailer or been in cyrodiil? Daggerfal partnered with the forces of Molag Bal to conquered all. Making it a mandate that all other banners be removed from all private non-government manors, unless they were daggerfall.

The only reason why the alliance wars still exists, is thanks to the great homage of the Sheogorath who catered a deal to Molag Bal's natural Daedric temprence of torturing mortals. Thru an unyielding bloodlust & pitch perfect insanity Unkle Sheo has captured the Harts of some of the most powerful Knites, & subjected them to a deadly, unyielding torrent for supremacy that hasn't changed a dam thing in three literal years!
    Good for you though, because I guess it protects you in UnKle Sheo's delusions that you didn't loose the war.
    Edited by Pinja on January 11, 2017 9:17PM
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
    Options
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not the DC banner inside Daggerfall Overlook's manor, that's the Breton racial symbol. So it's perfectly fine, lore friendly and accurate that it is inside a Breton noble building.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
    Options