The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.1

• Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 6% bonus passive, Dual Wield Expert, is also no longer granting Spell Damage, so that's also a nerf to Magicka using them (mainly Templars).

I don't think it ever did.
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Little bit of balancing having dual wield match 2H damage. How bout counting weapons that take 2 slots as 2 of a set piece?

Not happening.

You see lot of gear sets have been 'balanced' by not providing the one handed weapon to it.

Now if you count two handed weapon as 2 pieces then all that balance they did has to be reworked.
    Edited by Didgerion on January 9, 2017 6:10PM
    Options
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regeneration: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs were not correctly prioritizing low-health targets that did not already have the Heal over Time applied.

Only took you like what, 5 months to fix this?
    Edited by clocksstoppe on January 9, 2017 6:10PM
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neighbor wrote: »
    If they want to make 2H on-par with DW, just make it so 2H weapons count as 2 set pieces.

It's such a freakin obvious change that has been requested many times.

That wouldn't make them on par either. The entire Two Handed skill line would need HEAVY reworking before they could be dealing damage on par with Dual Wield (PvE). The issue isn't the weapon itself, it's the skills. That being said, Two Handed offers unparalleled advantages in PvP that Dual Wield can't compare to.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »
    The 6% bonus passive, Dual Wield Expert, is also no longer granting Spell Damage, so that's also a nerf to Magicka using them (mainly Templars).

I don't think it ever did.

The 6% applied to the Damage of the OH, meaning both Weapon and Spell damage. Now it does only applies to the Weapon damage, as the tooltip implies.
    Edited by Gilliamtherogue on January 9, 2017 6:12PM
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not a nerf because it never did.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neighbor wrote: »
    If they want to make 2H on-par with DW, just make it so 2H weapons count as 2 set pieces.

It's such a freakin obvious change that has been requested many times.

That wouldn't make them on par either. The entire Two Handed skill line would need HEAVY reworking before they could be dealing damage on par with Dual Wield (PvE). The issue isn't the weapon itself, it's the skills. That being said, Two Handed offers unparalleled advantages in PvP that Dual Wield can't compare to.

True. To start, they need to completely rework Cleave. It is terrible. If it was a viable AoE option that would be much better.
    Edited by Stamden on January 9, 2017 6:15PM
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flak wrote: »
    • Increased the Dual Wield Weapon and Spell Damage penalty by roughly 3%. Weapon and Spell Damage while Dual Wielding (without modifiers) is now equal to using a Two Handed weapon.

Another nerf to Stamina, really?

It's a magicka nerf, too.
    Options
  • Cimadon
    Cimadon
    ✭✭✭
    I can't seem to get up in the tower in dagger fall overlook? Anybody else with the problem?
    Options
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat & Gameplay
    General
      Weapons
      • Restoration Staff
        • Regeneration: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs were not correctly prioritizing low-health targets that did not already have the Heal over Time applied.

Could we hope thats Funnel Health will also be fixed and again will start prioritizing low-health targets? NB healers need it, but we get only cost increase and number of healed ally nerf.
      Options
    • BigES
      BigES
      ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Will you please confirm that the above is true, and intentional? And if so, please include a patch note?

This is a further nerf to magicka dual wield we need to know about. If so, this basically is the nail in the coffin for duel wield magicka sorcerers with the Velocious Curse change.

Options
    • WaTeR-aBuSeR
      WaTeR-aBuSeR
      ✭✭✭✭
      I am unable to interact with the door for the tower in daggerfall overlook. I was excited to see the view but am unable to go up into the tower.
      Options
    • kadar
      kadar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      code65536 wrote: »
      Dracane wrote: »
      Ah. Because this is the first time that I hear about a penalty, didn't know what this is supposed to mean.

On Live, the main-hand DW contributes 100% of its tooltip to your character's WD/SD.

On Live, the off-hand DW contributes 20% of its tooltip to your character's WD/SD. It thus suffers an 80% penalty. This penalty is reduced for WD by the "Dual Wield Expert" passive.

Judging from the wording (haven't verified on the PTS), now it sounds like the main hand will contribute 100% of its tooltip, and the off-hand will contribute 17% of its tooltip, which would make dual-wield 117% as strong as bow/staves instead of 120% as strong.

(This handling of the off-hand's contribution is why a budget-constrained player can gold out his main-hand and leave the off-hand as purple and suffer only a small marginal loss of power over dual-gold.)

I had no idea DW worked this way. Why have the extra 20% (now 17% if you're interpreting it correctly), in the first place? Was DW intended to give 20% more weapon/spell damage than 2H?
      Options
    • Horowonnoe
      Horowonnoe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Preyfar wrote: »
      FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Art & Animation
      General
      • The claws of Khajiit and Argonian player characters will no longer be removed when wearing boots from the following armor sets:
        • Medium Soul Shriven boots
        • Medium Dark Brotherhood boots
        • Light Skinchanger boots
        • Light Malacath boots
      rI93hdH.jpg

Can you have the art team look into the Yokudan Medium gloves? They still remove Khajiit claws on the medium set despite being open-handed. I've bugged this multiple times (like the errors with the Khajiit armor color channels) but it's never been fixed. My hands look like they've been violently mashed in a doorstop without my claws. It's been like this ever since the armor came out with Craglorn's release.

For the love of Jone and Jode, please help us. XD GIVE KHAJIIT BACK OUR CLAWS

Claws been trimmed, khajiit. Punishment for scratching up the furniture and not using your scratching post.
      PC / NA
      Templar Healer "False Eye"
      Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
      Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
      Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
      Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
      Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
      How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
      Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
      Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
      More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
      - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
      - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
      Options
    • ShadowHvo
      ShadowHvo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Homes
      • Daggerfall Overlook now has a tower from which you may now look over Daggerfall.

Honestly, I know you're not responsible Gina, but the absolute racial injust and bias is just really unfair.

You guys at Zenimax, whoever makes the choices regarding the homes, sincerely need to stop his blatant Breton and Daggerfall favoritism. It is really disappointing to see these DC homes like Daggerfall Overlook and Hundings Palatial having the far better features of any other home, when you guys leave the Ebonheart Chateau as a boring Dunmer manor, without any additional features like all other manors have.

I will list the list of features in a spoiler tag, to spare everyone else the scroll-time.
      - Serenity Falls (AD Manor)
      1. River
      2. Pool
      3. Waterfall
      4. Additional Servant House
      5. Stables
      6. Balconies from the main building AND second.
      7. Large Two Story Building
      8. Yard

- Daggerfall Overlook (DC Manor)
      4. MASSIVE Overlook over the Iliac Bay
      5. Fountain
      6. Stable
      7. Big Barn
      8. Castle has fitting room separation, 3 stories including the Cellar.
      9. Unique special hideaway entrance to the sea below from the cellar.
      10. Yard
      11. Now with a brilliant Watchtower too.

- Ebonheart Chateau (EP Manor)
      1. Yard
      2. Four Trees
      3. One Big 3 story House with only one seperate room in the cellar (Essentially all commen Dunmer manors.)
      4. A Barn
      5. Fountain

The Ebonheart Chateau does NOT have a functional watchtower as the description claims, and the entire view of the house out over the lava lakes, ash grounds and sea is completely blocked off by rocks that cannot be adjusted with the housing editor.

I honestly hope you will share word to the responsible people in charge, Gina, for the Ebonheart Chateau is quite literally the most expensive manor, but just as it is expensive at nearly 4 million gold, it is but equally disappointing.
      Nighren - The Shadow Striker
      Leader of Bloodlines
      -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
      Options
    • Livvy
      Livvy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH
      [*]You can now properly dye the Colovian Filigreed Hood and Colovian Fur Hood, obtained from the New Life Festival.

But not the New Life Festival hats from the Crown Store?

->--Willow--<-
      Options
    • SwaminoNowlino
      SwaminoNowlino
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just kind of sick of everything at this point. Housing looks fantastic. But you've made it so material intensive that its unrealistic to use anything but crowns. Gold mats to make a candle, what a joke.

So you'll get maybe a week or two of entertainment out of me. Then I'll be stuck for 6+ months on a game with no new PVP content, it'll be the same fight every night for who has numbers or destro ult up. I can't invest in new builds, because you'll willy nilly change how the passives work or how the weapons work despite arguing in favor of how it used to work for years. I'll spend hours upon hours grinding for the next burning spellweave sharpened swords, then you'll nerf magicka dual wield or hell probably the sharpened trait into the ground.

Any casual observer who played this game could point out what the problems are. Proc stacking. Heavy Armor Damage. Reactive Healers. Gap closing into the freaking ground.

What do you spend your time on instead? Removing like 50 damage from dual wield lol.
      Edited by SwaminoNowlino on January 9, 2017 7:16PM
      Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
      - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
      Options
    • CaptainVenom
      CaptainVenom
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Combat & Gameplay
      Weapons
      • Restoration Staff
        • Regeneration: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs were not correctly prioritizing low-health targets that did not already have the Heal over Time applied.

Best news ever!
      🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
      Options
    • starkerealm
      starkerealm
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Homes
      • Daggerfall Overlook now has a tower from which you may now look over Daggerfall.

I found the tower, but don't seem to be able to use the door. Maybe it's not the one I think it is?
      Options
    • code65536
      code65536
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      BigES wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Will you please confirm that the above is true, and intentional? And if so, please include a patch note?

This is a further nerf to magicka dual wield we need to know about. If so, this basically is the nail in the coffin for duel wield magicka sorcerers with the Velocious Curse change.

There's nothing to confirm: it's not a nerf because, as @Dymence and I pointed out, that passive currently does not affect spell damage (and hasn't affected spell damage in over a year, if not longer). That passive has not changed.

I had no idea DW worked this way. Why have the extra 20% (now 17% if you're interpreting it correctly), in the first place? Was DW intended to give 20% more weapon/spell damage than 2H?

Because it's melee and ZOS decided that melee weapons should have higher tooltip power than ranged weapons. This has long been how dual-wield is calculated, and this is why dual-wield provides more raw spell/weapon damage.

Here is a post that I made a month ago, explaining the current calculation on Live:
      The spell/weapon damage contributed by your gear is:
      • Destro staves, resto staves, bows, 1H and shield, 1H single-wield: Damage tooltip (standard amount; i.e., 1335 at CP160 gold)
      • 2H melee: Damage tooltip (2H melee weapons get a 17.7% tooltip bonus; i.e., 1571 at CP160 gold)
      • 1H dual-wield: Damage tooltip of the main hand plus 20% damage tooltip of the off-hand

So for each of these setups, the amount of spell damage that comes from your weapon is...
      • A staff: 1335
      • A 2H melee weapon: 1571
      • Dual-wield: 1602 (1335 * 1.2)

This also means that the slot position for dual-wield matters, if your weapons have different damage tooltips.
      • 2 gold standard swords: 1602 SD
      • 1 gold sword in main-hand, 1 purple sword in off-hand: 1561 SD (-2.5% SD over 2 gold)
      • 1 gold sword in off-hand, 1 purple sword in main-hand: 1399 SD (-12.7% SD over 2 gold)
      • 2 gold nirn swords: 1778 SD
      • 1 gold nirn sword in main-hand, 1 gold sharp sword in off-hand: 1749 SD (-1.6% SD over 2 gold nirn)
      • 1 gold nirn sword in off-hand, 1 gold sharp sword in main-hand: 1631 SD (-8.3% SD over 2 gold nirn)

So if you want to be cheap when dual-wielding, you can make the off-hand sword purple and lose a mere 41 SD. But the main-hand must be gold.

Similarly, if you want to use nirnhoned, you should make only 1 sword nirnhoned and place that in your main hand. Never use 2 nirn swords, since that's only 1.6% more SD than 1 nirn sword, and that extra 1.6% SD is not worth it--you'll be better off with sharpened on your off-hand (well, you'll be better off with sharpened on both weapons, but nirn+sharp is a very close contender),

Anyway, the point is, using dual-wield grants you 267 extra spell damage, in addition to the 5% bonus to damage done from Twin Blade and Blunt. But is this worth the loss of weaving and utility? In many cases, no, it is not.

The change here is that dual-wield will now provide the same WD/SD as a 2H melee weapon, instead of slightly more. Both 2H melee and dual-wield provide substantially more than 2H ranged weapons.
      Edited by code65536 on January 9, 2017 6:39PM

Dungeons and Trials:
      Personal best scores:
      Dungeon trifectas:
      Options
    • BigES
      BigES
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Staves were already in close competition with dual wield

@ZOS_GinaBruno

There's nothing to confirm: it's not a nerf because, as @Dymence and I pointed out, that passive currently does not affect spell damage (and hasn't affected spell damage in over a year, if not longer). That passive has not changed.

Because it's melee and ZOS decided that melee weapons should have higher tooltip power than ranged weapons. This has long been how dual-wield is calculated, and this is why dual-wield provides more raw spell/weapon damage.

Here is a post that I made a month ago, explaining the current calculation on Live:
      The spell/weapon damage contributed by your gear is:
      • Destro staves, resto staves, bows, 1H and shield, 1H single-wield: Damage tooltip (standard amount; i.e., 1335 at CP160 gold)
      • 2H melee: Damage tooltip (2H melee weapons get a 17.7% tooltip bonus; i.e., 1571 at CP160 gold)
      • 1H dual-wield: Damage tooltip of the main hand plus 20% damage tooltip of the off-hand

So for each of these setups, the amount of spell damage that comes from your weapon is...
      • A staff: 1335
      • A 2H melee weapon: 1571
      • Dual-wield: 1602 (1335 * 1.2)

This also means that the slot position for dual-wield matters, if your weapons have different damage tooltips.
      • 2 gold standard swords: 1602 SD
      • 1 gold sword in main-hand, 1 purple sword in off-hand: 1561 SD (-2.5% SD over 2 gold)
      • 1 gold sword in off-hand, 1 purple sword in main-hand: 1399 SD (-12.7% SD over 2 gold)
      • 2 gold nirn swords: 1778 SD
      • 1 gold nirn sword in main-hand, 1 gold sharp sword in off-hand: 1749 SD (-1.6% SD over 2 gold nirn)
      • 1 gold nirn sword in off-hand, 1 gold sharp sword in main-hand: 1631 SD (-8.3% SD over 2 gold nirn)

So if you want to be cheap when dual-wielding, you can make the off-hand sword purple and lose a mere 41 SD. But the main-hand must be gold.

Similarly, if you want to use nirnhoned, you should make only 1 sword nirnhoned and place that in your main hand. Never use 2 nirn swords, since that's only 1.6% more SD than 1 nirn sword, and that extra 1.6% SD is not worth it--you'll be better off with sharpened on your off-hand (well, you'll be better off with sharpened on both weapons, but nirn+sharp is a very close contender),

Anyway, the point is, using dual-wield grants you 267 extra spell damage, in addition to the 5% bonus to damage done from Twin Blade and Blunt. But is this worth the loss of weaving and utility? In many cases, no, it is not.

The change here is that dual-wield will now provide the same WD/SD as a 2H melee weapon, instead of slightly more. Both 2H melee and dual-wield provide substantially more than 2H ranged weapons.

Thanks for clarifying. Its been so long... I suppose I do remember that change now. I know the tooltip always read weapon, but still gave spell at one point. I guess I was just assuming the poster I quoted had tested it on live vs. PTS.

Come to think of it, I might not have those passive points on my Templar anymore.
      Options
    • glavius
      glavius
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Chill out unbuffed it's just a 32 value nerf. Dual wield without buff's and gold weapons, is 1652 weap/spell dmg, vs. the 1571 value on 2h.
      Dual wield will still be worth it.
      Options
    • david19979
      david19979
      ✭✭✭
      Cimadon wrote: »
      I can't seem to get up in the tower in dagger fall overlook? Anybody else with the problem?

I can't use that door either, I guess it will be staying like that until next week's patch.
      I also could not find any difference in the low furnishing limit.
      Options
    • silvereyes
      silvereyes
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      The pricing with the merchant will be updated in next week's PTS patch.

Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno,

I see that the prices in the master writ voucher store have been updated already in this patch, up from the 1 voucher of last week. Does your comment mean that there are further price changes coming in v2.7.2? I really hope so, because for anyone without 9 trait research complete (to be able to finish the 100+ voucher master writs), the prices are probably too high on the attunable crafting stations.
      ivaf3yvhuptw.png
      Options
    • adriant1978
      adriant1978
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Wow, thanks for another nerf to my DW magicka NB on top of the Strife cost increase. :'(

Why this seemingly obsessive desire to force us all to main a destro staff and spam Force Pulse?!
      Options
    • Berenhir
      Berenhir
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Weapons
      • Restoration Staff
      OMG only read so far but have to hug you all right now!
      PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
      Options
    • Mettaricana
      Mettaricana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      DPShiro wrote: »
      Increased the Dual Wield Weapon and Spell Damage penalty by roughly 3%. Weapon and Spell Damage while Dual Wielding (without modifiers) is now equal to using a Two Handed weapon.
      Note: This change was included in the 2.7.0 patch, but the patch note was unintentionally missed.

What is this??

Love!!!
      Options
    • BigES
      BigES
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      So a proper weave with a staff vs. dual wielding was already fairly close in terms of raw DPS for a magicka character.

Now we have nerf'd dual wield vs. a buffed staff.

Sounds like we're being pigeon holed into a staff build if you want to build properly.

Losing a main-hand items requires a complete build rework. I cant' just take off two swords and throw on a staff.

Guess it's back to farming. Great.
      Options
    • Pandorii
      Pandorii
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      DW expert was bugged?!
      Options
    • code65536
      code65536
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      So a proper weave with a staff vs. dual wielding was already fairly close in terms of raw DPS for a magicka character.

Now we have nerf'd dual wield vs. a buffed staff.

Sounds like we're being pigeon holed into a staff build if you want to build properly.

Losing a main-hand items requires a complete build rework. I cant' just take off two swords and throw on a staff.

Guess it's back to farming. Great.

For magicka users, you'll be losing only around 30 spell damage with this change--it's not really significant.

I do think that magicka users should be using staves, that dual-wield for magicka is an aberration, and that it's good that magicka DPS migrate to using staves. That having been said, the loss of 30 SD really is just a drop in the bucket that should not--and would not--change the staff-vs-DW equation. The changes to the fire and lightning staff passives, on the other hand, are far more significant than this change.

Dungeons and Trials:
      Personal best scores:
      Dungeon trifectas:
      Options