The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.1

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Wow every one of my dual wield characters took a hit.
    Could not 2H been buffed instead?

That might have been the better approach. Outside of PvP, or solo questing, half the time my characters are now dual weiders, both magicka and stamina builds.

i doubt anything raising burst damage is on the agenda without counter-reductions included - so reducing the DW vs raising the 2h makes sense to me.

i like this change. One of the often bemoaned "everything dw" complaints was the less wpndam/spldam when you 2H. this is a step to making them more numerically base level on par while maintaining their functional differences.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Flak
    Flak
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Increased the Dual Wield Weapon and Spell Damage penalty by roughly 3%. Weapon and Spell Damage while Dual Wielding (without modifiers) is now equal to using a Two Handed weapon.

Another nerf to Stamina, really? Magicka is already the Meta in PvE and all I see is buffs to Magicka and nerfs to stam, please take a moment and look at the leaderboards in Trials and see how many Staminaplayers are in an average group!
    It's not only the insane disadvantage in survivability, positioning and utility, but also you are constantly bringing out content that is heavily in favour of Magicka-Builds.
    If this goes live we will even be outperformed in damage by magickaplayers, how is that fair at all? Where is the motivation for players to farm vMA-Weapons for months when the gear for most Magicka-Classes can be farmed in a few days?
    Edited by Flak on January 9, 2017 5:21PM

GM of the progressive raiding Guild Ghosts and Goblins | Recruitment: Open

Roster

Flák - 50 Magicka DK DD
    Toxic Flák - 50 Stamina DK DD
    Flakká - 50 Magicka NB DD
    Sonic Flák - 50 Stam-Sorc DD
    Flákjack - 50 Stamplar DD
    Flák the Ripper - 50 StamNB DD
    Flakster - 50 Magicka Sorc DD
    Overwhelming Flak - 50 Magicka Templar Healer/DD
    Full Metal Flák - 50 Stamina DK Tank
    All Pact

YouTube
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah. Because this is the first time that I hear about a penalty, didn't know what this is supposed to mean.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Increased the Dual Wield Weapon and Spell Damage penalty by roughly 3%. Weapon and Spell Damage while Dual Wielding (without modifiers) is now equal to using a Two Handed weapon.
    Note: This change was included in the 2.7.0 patch, but the patch note was unintentionally missed.

What is this??

I assume they mean 2-handed melee weapons such as greatswords and battleaxes. Currently, the WD/SD of a 2H melee is slightly below that of dual-wield (but still significantly higher than that of bow/staves). So this looks like a chance for consistency: the melee DPS weapons will have the same power rating, and the ranged DPS weapons will have another, lower power rating.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ralen wrote: »

[*]Daggerfall Overlook now has a tower from which you may now look over Daggerfall.

Hi Zenimax ! Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom !

First of all you did an amazing job with Homestead, thank you very much !

... BUT ...

Can you please reconsider the Ebonheart Chateau ? I visited the three other manor and large homes and I noticed with astonishment how much better they are !
    • Hunding's Palatial Hall (which is assumed to be smaller and less attractive) is FAR better : large outdoor areas , sandy beach , personal lighthouse and suspended terrace
    • Serenity Falls Estate is also a far better manor : extra large outdoor areas , biggest stables than any other homes , and the cherry on the cake : waterfall and river
    • Even the Daggerfall Overlook have great outdoors and a secret passage to escape... And now A TOWER !

Sadly, the great Ebonheart Chateau has none of that : small outdoors , small stables, and no place from where to admire the ash horizon or the summit of the Ash Mountain... It could have biggest outdoors and why not a pretty little terrace in font of the sea, like the Plantation Point Overlook (where you can find M'aiq) near from Fort Zeren in Bal Foyen.

So please Zenimax, offer the Ebonheart Chateau a small improvement to bring it to the same level of attractiveness as the other manors and large house.

Thank you to ear the dunmer request o:)

I think they are saving the better houses for Ebonheart when Vvanderfell comes.

Indarys Manor or Tel Uvirith should be Ebonheart options in the big island.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Am I misreading, or are they really buffing dual wield ?

You are misreading, it is getting nerfed to the level of two handed weapons (not staves).

Used to be:

DW > 2H > Staves

Now:

DW = 2H > Staves

That is in raw spell damage, not counting passives here.

Really? passives aside staves still have the ranged attacks for damage.
    Edited by Minalan on January 9, 2017 5:23PM
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil wrote: »
    Interesting change to Dual Wield. I wonder if that will further dissuade magicka classes from running Dual Wield.

not intel I can run 5/5/2 with two handed weapons
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah. Because this is the first time that I hear about a penalty, didn't know what this is supposed to mean.

On Live, the main-hand DW contributes 100% of its tooltip to your character's WD/SD.

On Live, the off-hand DW contributes 20% of its tooltip to your character's WD/SD. It thus suffers an 80% penalty. This penalty is reduced for WD by the "Dual Wield Expert" passive.

Judging from the wording (haven't verified on the PTS), now it sounds like the main hand will contribute 100% of its tooltip, and the off-hand will contribute 17% of its tooltip, which would make dual-wield 117% as strong as bow/staves instead of 120% as strong.

(This handling of the off-hand's contribution is why a budget-constrained player can gold out his main-hand and leave the off-hand as purple and suffer only a small marginal loss of power over dual-gold.)
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like DW needed nerfing...pahahaha!
    PC EU
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    Interesting change to Dual Wield. I wonder if that will further dissuade magicka classes from running Dual Wield.

exactly. That being said, i see no reason why they nerfed DW damage, for me the proper solution was to make 2h Weapons to count as 2pieces in a set. The raw damage was never the problem
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

You are misreading, it is getting nerfed to the level of two handed weapons (not staves).

Used to be:

DW > 2H > Staves

Now:

DW = 2H > Staves

Yeah I'm not saying DW/2H is better than staves, I simply meant that they provide more spell damage.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing
    Furnishings
    • Crafting Tables placed in your home will no longer display health bars when targeted, because you can't kill a crafting table…

:smiley:

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Used to be:

DW > 2H > Staves

Now:

DW = 2H > Staves

staff also take a 5 min heavy attack charge where stam weapons are a lot quicker
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• fritzOSU03
    fritzOSU03
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    ...How bout counting weapons that take 2 slots as 2 of a set piece?

This just makes too much sense.
    ┌─────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
    Urich - AD StamDK, Midaves - AD MagDK, Delphine San - AD Magplar
    Dr Roddard Masterton - AD Magplar, Mojeld - AD TankDK, Cecilia Grayal - AD MagSorc
    └─────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
    Add-On Author
    Urich's Skill Point FinderUrich's Craftbag ViewerUrich's Coffer TimerUrich's Hireling Timer
    Not a fan of tinfoil hats...
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Combat & Gameplay
    General
    • Increased the Dual Wield Weapon and Spell Damage penalty by roughly 3%. Weapon and Spell Damage while Dual Wielding (without modifiers) is now equal to using a Two Handed weapon.
      • Note: This change was included in the 2.7.0 patch, but the patch note was unintentionally missed.

Let us all share a brief moment of silence for our fellow stambois. RIP.
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance we can get specifics on which houses were affected by the furnishing count change rather than just a broad statement?
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regen is fixed?

Really? Seriously? Honestly?

I love you <3
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Used to be:

DW > 2H > Staves

Now:

DW = 2H > Staves

Don't forget about Bows. They are at same level of spell/weapon damage as Staves. I understand the idea of ranged weapons having lower base damage than melee weapons, but Bow is really weak in PvE. No serious DPS uses it as their main bar weapon, reducing all stamina builds in Trials to melee builds. They keep buffing the passive to increase bow damage in PvE rotations, but Snipe-based DPS is just clunky and awkward and no fun. I am not sure how to fix Bow in PvE, but it is crazy that there is no viable ranged endgame PvE build for stamina.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akimbro wrote: »
    Combat & Gameplay
    General
      • Note: This change was included in the 2.7.0 patch, but the patch note was unintentionally missed.

Let us all share a brief moment of silence for our fellow stambois. RIP.

3% damage is least of concerns if you ask me.
    Edited by technohic on January 9, 2017 5:38PM
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Art & Animation
    General
    • The claws of Khajiit and Argonian player characters will no longer be removed when wearing boots from the following armor sets:
      • Medium Soul Shriven boots
      • Medium Dark Brotherhood boots
      • Light Skinchanger boots
      • Light Malacath boots
    rI93hdH.jpg

Can you have the art team look into the Yokudan Medium gloves? They still remove Khajiit claws on the medium set despite being open-handed. I've bugged this multiple times (like the errors with the Khajiit armor color channels) but it's never been fixed. My hands look like they've been violently mashed in a doorstop without my claws. It's been like this ever since the armor came out with Craglorn's release.

For the love of Jone and Jode, please help us. XD GIVE KHAJIIT BACK OUR CLAWS
    Edited by Preyfar on January 9, 2017 5:39PM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :'(
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taysa wrote: »
    Any chance we can get specifics on which houses were affected by the furnishing count change rather than just a broad statement?

You should be able to go into PTS and view the counts yourself (or if you're on console get a friend to pass you the info).
  • Dev
    Dev
    ✭✭✭✭
    This will not stop the dw meta since 2h/bow/stave dont count as 2 set pieces.

Then again with the way this patch is going, we have a better chance at offhands no longer counting for the set.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

3% damage is least of concerns if you ask me.

If you've been following the forum threads, you'd see why both players and ZOS don't think adding a 2-piece bonus to 2H weapons is the highest priority right now.

Let's focus on the steak before the peas ...
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Used to be:

DW > 2H > Staves

Now:

DW = 2H > Staves

Yes! It is time that we count two handed weapons (2H swords, axe, mauls, Staves and Bows) as 2 pieces in an item set.

Between the nerfs, gap closers on most enemies and boss mechanics, most battles now take place all close up and personal. Most classes also have an ability that allows them to distance themselves when necessary, so there really is no excuse why not to do this any more. It would certainly open up a heck of a lot more armour combinations than we are currently seeing.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dev wrote: »
    This will not stop the dw meta since 2h/bow/stave dont count as 2 set pieces.

Then again with the way this patch is going, we have a better chance at offhands no longer counting for the set.

While I agree that DW offhand counting for set is strong and is a good idea to decrease their dmg, in the case of S/B tanks is a hard punishment since they neeed that extra slot (considerinh their main res is health, which in 99% of the cases is useless)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    is their any chance you can get the PTS Mac client functional this week? or do we wait for the next patch and find our problems still not given any help... thats what happened today.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »

So much of this. This seems like the simplest thing that we never seem to get. Is there something horribly wrong with having 2 handed weapons count for 2 pieces of a set, ZOS? Please, if there is let me know, I'm keen to learn.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before everyone goes losing their minds about the "nerf" to Dual Wield;
    Live servers; UjuJnDX.png

PTS servers; wFsyxTA.png

39 WD difference with Major Brut up + 5 medium armor passive.

Without Major Brut I have 2823 WD on live and on 2789 PTS. So yeah, it is being affected by buffs. Maximum of 51 WD lost if you're a sorc with Major/Minor brut and Flawless main barred (altho, not sure why you'd do that)

The 6% bonus passive, Dual Wield Expert, is also no longer granting Spell Damage. This was a bugged passive and was only retaining it's bonuses if you did something unintended with them, which is being fixed

This is less than 100 DPS lost for min/maxed situations. The world is not ending, calm down.
    Edited by Gilliamtherogue on January 9, 2017 6:42PM
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they want to make 2H on-par with DW, just make it so 2H weapons count as 2 set pieces.

It's such a freakin obvious change that has been requested many times.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~