The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.1

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But my character could interact with furnishings after I bought that Homestead, i.e., furnished, for 1 Crown on the PTS (we can kiss it goodbye when they change the PTS to the EU network). As far as I know, Z.O. deducted it from my account Crown balance. However, I have since chosen not to spend any Crowns just to test the software, especially since my balance is at an even 5000 Crowns.

@Shadowshire - Just so you know buying things with crowns on the PTS will not cost you anything. Everyone is given 5,500 crowns (and that balance resets every day) regardless of how many you have on your actual account and if you spend any they are not removed from your accounts balance.

So you don't need to worry about spending money to test, it's completely free.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    lol
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    Holy ^%&*@!.

Imagine if you were one of those Muppets that bought 2 elegant sharpen swords for your mag sorc LOLOLOL

GIT RIK ROLLED.

Psst! The nerf is only like 40 SD, dual wield sorcs will still work fine if that's how you want to play. Staff is just a more viable DPS option now.

GIT HOOKED ON MATHS!

Do you know how much tooltip damage 40 spell damage equates to?
    More than you want to lose.

Point conceded. But it's not the end of the world.

1. Dual wield is still worth 200+ spell damage over staff.
    2. Dual wield extra set piece is worth hundreds more on top of that.
    Calboy wrote: »
    Big thumbs up for dw change. Hopefully it continues. It absolutely baffles me as to why a magicka user holding two swords at distance is more powerful than one with a magical staff.

Because not everyone wants to run around with a destro staff?

We want to run around with a pair of heavily enchanted magical swords, that (together) are worth more than one ugly wooden stick.

It's wrong to say "dw set is hundreds more more..." because it's one piece, it's the equivalent of 1 kena ie..1 more spell dmg, which is 129 at gold, so 200 + 129 = 329 sp dmg, now tell me is that greater or less than 8% increased damage from the fire destruction staff passive? Is the option of using crushing shock which is now unblockable better than using concealed strike? Is destro ult with flame staff not better than magicka based duel wield with ANY ultimate?
    Heavy attack weave is pretty OP because all in game heavy attacks hit for almost twice as much as a class skill hits for, weaving with destro staff imo puts you at an advantage where using swords is like playing on hard mode at a disadvantage.

Maybe the straight loss in sp dmg wouldn't be a big deal, but when you look at the big picture, it seems obvious that magicka melee is terrible. (but i really really wish it wasn't)

1. Dual wield gets 5% more damage to ranged AND AOE, from the twin and blunt passive. Destruction staff is 8% to either, but not BOTH.

2. 350 or so spell damage is more than 3% destruction staff damage difference. You'll still hit harder than anyone with a stick.

3. One more piece is the difference between completing a monster set or not on a DW build. Instead of Kena, take 2 slimecraw. There's your 8% damage right there. It also stacks with the 5% bonus, then add in 230 more spell damage and TWO full five piece sets front barred (say, amberplasm and spinner).

There. I just gave away a secret: DW is not dead.

Magicka nb's can't take 2 slimecraw as it would NOT be in their favor. The same buff from slimecraw is given via relentless/grim focus; which we need to burst with. Also, duel wield is only adding 1 extra slot not 2, which is why kena works for my analogy but slimecraw doesn't.

Gave away what secret?

Amberplasm is OK but imo not the greatest.
    (2 items) Adds 967 Max Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 688 Spell Critical
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (5 items) Adds 300 Stamina Recovery
    (5 items) Adds 300 Magicka Recovery

Let me help you with your builds...

(5 alch, 5 spinner, 3 willpower)
    head -alch
    shoulder - kena
    chest - alch
    pants - alch
    gloves - spinner
    waist - spinner
    boots - spinner

neck - willpower
    ring - spinner
    ring - spinner

wp1 (sword)- willpower
    back (sword)- alch

wp2 (sword)- willpower
    back (shield)- alch

or

5 kags + 5 spinner

or

5 julianos + 5 worm

Honestly if I was going to use amberplasm I would pair it up with either alchemist or julianos ie... something with really big damage.

Edited by kaithuzar on January 15, 2017 7:03PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    So, you guys reverting the curse nerf?

Maybe I can reinstall and sub all 3 of my accounts again.

Accual it is only a slight nerf to that skill, so it's dps drops a bit. Though you can weave more so your force pulse, light attacks and so on. This increases those skills uptime and dps. So far with the little testing I have done shows a net gain dps.

And I 100% guarantee you're not killing top tier players on a mag sorc without 3.5 sec curse. But they're fixing it anyway
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    Holy ^%&*@!.

Imagine if you were one of those Muppets that bought 2 elegant sharpen swords for your mag sorc LOLOLOL

GIT RIK ROLLED.

Psst! The nerf is only like 40 SD, dual wield sorcs will still work fine if that's how you want to play. Staff is just a more viable DPS option now.

GIT HOOKED ON MATHS!

Except they also bought to use with overload which got a huge nerf. Look at the whole picture. What other reason would a mag sorc use dual wield elegant if not for overload?

Revert ultimate change please.
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only reason I don't use two handed weapons is because of the unexplainable fact that 2H weapons don't count as 2 part of a set. I simply can't understand this decision. Was there ever an official explanation for this??
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nemeliom wrote: »
    The only reason I don't use two handed weapons is because of the unexplainable fact that 2H weapons don't count as 2 part of a set. I simply can't understand this decision. Was there ever an official explanation for this??

Yeah, real life logic. The number of set pieces does not refer to the amount of hands you need to wield them.
    But as we're at it, can fat chars have double set slots? I mean after all, they give up a huge amount of aesthetics and are pigeonholed into the lazy friend role!
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    Nemeliom wrote: »

Yeah, real life logic. The number of set pieces does not refer to the amount of hands you need to wield them.
    But as we're at it, can fat chars have double set slots? I mean after all, they give up a huge amount of aesthetics and are pigeonholed into the lazy friend role!

so my short and skinny argonians would get fewer armor slots?

No!!!!!

:-)

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭
    In a nutshell, if you're pushing 2727 spell dmg unbuffed with DW, it will now be 2645. This practically puts DW obsolete due to it will be no different than running a gold destro staff *sigh
    Edited by LuminaLilly on January 20, 2017 2:08PM
  • Banetek
    Banetek
    ✭✭✭
    dpencil wrote: »
    Interesting change to Dual Wield. I wonder if that will further dissuade magicka classes from running Dual Wield.

Why? it allows them to run 1 looted, 1 crafted 1 monster set
  • Vogtard
    Vogtard
    ✭✭✭
    • Restoration Staff
      • Regeneration: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs were not correctly prioritizing low-health targets that did not already have the Heal over Time applied.

That's cool, but could you also make it possible to force self-cast? Same with Healing Ward actually.
    A simple button modifier, or a toggle in setting would work great, anything really.

Stamina has Vigor, but resto users have to heal/ward half of the army before they get the benefit themselves.
    For Healing Ward, targeting the lowest hp player kind of makes sense - it's an emergency, yet most of us want to use it on ourselves.
    On the other hand, a prolonged regeneration is more of a proactive method, usually cast before the battle. A smart omni/random cast is the second best thing (ok for 4ppl dungeons), but more control is absolutely necessary in crowds.
    I used to play disco priest in WoW, and the whole ward/regen/heal principle worked fantastically there, full control.
    It almost feels like it should be in the game from day 1. Maybe I'm missing something?
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a dual wield sorc. Its not about looks or a tiny bit of extra damage in a passive. Its about making the 5 piece set, which I will continue to do. I would love to not have to wear those swords as it just doesn't make sense for a magic user but I have to in order to stay competitive against those who can wear two full sets. If can still get the benefits of two 5 piece sets while using a staff or my hands then Ill get rid of the swords - until then not.