The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

[DATA MINING] All New Sets!

• shrb
    shrb
    ✭✭
    I want to believe that they simply forgot to write that there is a 10s CD on poisonous serpent, judging by the fact that both tanking and mage set deal comparable damage but only 1/10s
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Ivan04 wrote: »
    I gotta say, with all those sets we're gonna see a great lot more super-unkillable tanks everywhere.

Just add Templars and it will get a lot
    Am I the only one that feels, those sets are rather one-dimensional (and therefore mostly too strong) and unimaginative?

The Vanilla Sets always had a weird kind of balance built in that me think the guy designing them and keeping an eye on the bigger picture was a very chaotic, but very good at his job & clever. I.e.: Most very powerful 5piece bonuses had some kind of offset due to armor type or not so desirable 2-4piece bonuses. It kinda worked and imo that philosophy started dieing slowly after the intro of craglorn. Did ZOS replace someone during that time?

I don`t get that "clever vibe" with those streamlined sets that are thrown at us nowadays. Quantity over quality is all I can see. Almost all are linear, all built for certain max min/max purpose, which will make the next patch so absurd balance wise, it will not be fun at all.

Dear ZOS, those sets are mostly bland and not well thought out from a balance point of view and will lead to huge amounts of afterpatch bandaids and issues. Who in your office is keeping those stats in check, while keeping the big picture in mind (the multitude of additive and multiplicative buffs, cp, battle spirit, etc.)? Is it the same person that has done it for the vanilla sets? I`m really interested to know.

Best regards

Let's be honest, most of the new sets are copy and pastes of one another. Count how many sets offer 386 weapon/spell damage with a condition (and they still messed it up for magicka). That's not variety, that's someone on a deadline who just stopped trying.

I agree that I liked some of the mixed sets but with soft caps gone that was from another time. Now the only thing ZOS cares about is power creep (new DLC has stronger items) and forcing grinds (BoP). I miss the days when variety actually meant diversity; now it just means quantity over quality.

Yeah, feels like really nasty fast food. They prolly know its unhealthy, but as long as simpler minds are pleased with lots of shiny new stuff, quick & cheap, this direction will sadly be continued nonetheless.

Well we have to admit though that even back in the day the laaaaarge majority of people used all the same sets. They use those that were straight forward in all of their bonuses.

In that regard i like what zos is doing. Yes they´re offering a lot of straight forward sets - but they´re offering them many "directions" for builds. Crit, maxresource, dmgstats.
    Meanwhile they offer also some sets that let you build for special effects you can build around (Fiord, prisoner, knights errand)

The thing i don´t agree with is the strongest stamina sets: Automaton (386 weapondmg on physical), draugr hulk (all stam bonuses without requirement), and bone pirate (maxstam and stamreg with active drink) do not have a magica equivalent.
    Literally the three best non special effect 5p setbonuses are stamina exclusive. That is bad design blantantly in favor of stamina @ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel

Draugr Hulk is pretty garbage for any non Redguard or Imperial Stam Sorc. It's not as easy to stack max stam as it is max magic, and slotting this means losing out on some actually worthwhile 5pc set bonus like Hunding's. That 300 WD gets multiplied by 148% due to Major/Minor Brutality combined with Medium Armor, Fighter's Guild, and Class passives, so it's actually more like 440 weapon damage. 440 x 10.46 = 4600 Stamina equivalent. Thow on the stamina bonus, and Hunding's gets you the equivalent over 5600 Stamina before even factoring into the equation the 6% increase to weapons critical. Stamina is the most worthless damage bonus for stam builds.

Automaton is just a cookie cutter copy of Silks of the sun and the new Sorc equivalent. And keep in mind there are no races that get bonuses to Poison, Disease or Physical damage; meanwhile the two primary magic races—Dark and High Elves—get larger bonuses to flame and shock damage respectively. Automaton is strong, but it's weaker than the magic equivalents most of the time.

Bone Pirate is interesting to me for my Hybrid DK. I need to find out if the Witches Festival recipe that gives Magic regen and max magic is effected by it. Otherwise, this is a good sustain set, but not particularly OP.

On the whole, the new sets are going to be good for build diversity and balance because the best sets are designed with Altmer Sorcs and Dunmer DKs in mind. And Infernal Guardian is much stronger than any of the monster helms as well.

So you do realise every stamDK is using a passive called helping hands that restores 5% of their max stamina to them every time they use an earthen heart ability? Max stamina apart from played redguard is massively valuable for any stamDK.

Automaton is exactly a copy of silks of the sun (except that it´s a ton better because it can be used on any class to great effect).There is no sorc equivalent for sun because as a sorc i don´t deal exclusively lightning dmg compared to a DK that can deal exclusively fire dmg or a stamina build that can deal exclusively physical dmg.
    Increased lightning dmg set is entirely worthless (i can tell you that because i main a sorc and i would never consider using that even if you paid me a million gold). Same goes for increased restoration staff spelldmg and increased cold spelldmg (lol).
    In conclusion stating that automaton is strong but weaker than it´s magic equivalent is just plain wrong. It´s equally potent as silks of the sun which is the only useful magica set of these.
    There is no set that increases magic dmg at all and the other magica sets (lightning, resto and frost) are completely useless compared to the beforementioned two (and to everything else aswell).

I agree with you the new stam sets are interesting for build diversity. Sadly this statement is not true for the new magica sets as all of those are simply worse than equipping julianos (other than silks of the sun on a DK) - which was my main complaint.

Also i think the disparity in races (altmer and dunmer dmg bonus) is balanced by the fact that stamina weapons for DW and 2h have higher weapondmg (and stamina maelstrom + master weapons are considerably more powerful than their destro equivalents). Furthermore stamina races offer far better sustain passives than magica ones (compare redguard vs breton, highelf vs bosmer) and stamina have one of the best non dmg type dependant passives with khajiit 8% weapon crit. In addition stamina races also offer better defensive options for passives with health being stam exclusive aswell as dmg reduction.and healing increase (don´t even start with argonian).

You´re arguing as if magica and stamina were on par atm - which they are not and the new sets are not going to help that matter.

Last but not least: Infernal guardian is highly dependant on really stupid enemies or 1v1 situations. It´s good but i don´t like the design dicision associated with it (defense combined with offense) at all. It also only hits targets in melee reliably when there is no one around within 30m - else you just added some wolves or lions.
    Edited by Derra on September 13, 2016 6:38PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LF good magicka set

- elemental damage set ( 3 X elemental damage , please , sucession is a big .... " ... )
    - Elemental monster set SINGLETARGET .

i'm sorcerer and i want a good set ! because when they do a set for overload ... i'm despair ... overload sorc look like dog , and the bone is the overload set ... we are not all like this .

• Thal
    Thal
    ✭✭✭
    Any other updates to the sets in the newest patch? Did Amberplasm get a change other than placing a space in the name?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said on a pax show that they are looking at rebalancing sets for magicka

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Snape2255 wrote: »
    I heard off someone that the pieces are split between different map events. For example; body pieces around a map, weapons in delves, and jewellery off of dolmens. I'm not sure how legit that info is, but you could test out a few dolmens and see what your luck drops?

Seems like a hassle but reading and thinking its gonna remove a lot of clutter say hunting for jewelry and keep getting pauldrons rather than going to dolmen and getting Just jewelry
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cosmic_3000 made a great sheet showing where to get sets, posted with their permission.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    @cosmic_3000 made a great sheet showing where to get sets, posted with their permission.

This is glorious!
    Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is glorious!

@ZOS_RichLambert did you ever get to find out if the fact that the IC sets are missing weapons/jewellery is intended?

The patch notes say only the Undaunted sets + IC jewellery sets would be missing all pieces but sets like Shieldbreaker are too, is that intended or an oversight? :smile:.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »

This is glorious!

@ZOS_RichLambert did you ever get to find out if the fact that the IC sets are missing weapons/jewellery is intended?

The patch notes say only the Undaunted sets + IC jewellery sets would be missing all pieces but sets like Shieldbreaker are too, is that intended or an oversight? :smile:.
    It seems like an oversight since all the newer sets which were added to IC have the additional pieces.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you know off hand if the Cyrodiil sets drop from the chests or not? I've not had a chance to see what drops from Cyrodiil treasure chests/maps yet.
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you know off hand if the Cyrodiil sets drop from the chests or not? I've not had a chance to see what drops from Cyrodiil treasure chests/maps yet.
    yes it is
    i checked

Also, where is Parabellum set from vMA?
    Edited by Lumbermill_Emperor on September 14, 2016 7:18PM
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy shnikes, thank you for this!
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browse, search, and view all the item sets in-game with an addon:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/291643

(Requires One Tamriel. Until One Tamriel is released in October, this addon will only work on the PTS.)
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    code65536 wrote: »
    Uh, this set on a stamblade is going to cause so much PvP QQ...

b1bba0d4aa.jpg

Anyone think it could be ridiculous pairing this with the 2h ult which gives your ult back...

I was actually wondering what kind of resource return and healing you'd get from this using the Restro Staff Ultimate with a Stam DK.. Does the Restro Ultimate scale to highest resource? Does Major mending, vitality, or malubeth increase the set bonus amount, as well as quick healing and blessed CP.

As every other ultimate, the restro one scale on the highest resource. And yes, mending, vitality and malubeth should boost this ultimate's heal.

As well as the Dragon Knight Battle Roar passive. Sweet Jesus...

except these ultimates only work if you're slotting the weapon in question, I can't imagine any DK keeping a Resto on the Back Bar all the time just for an ult.

I do when I run Pelinals for Combat Prayer and rapid regen. The Restro Ultimate now becomes my BoL.

Just roll a templar and cast BoL anytime you want and slot a useful ultimate!
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    code65536 wrote: »
    Uh, this set on a stamblade is going to cause so much PvP QQ...

b1bba0d4aa.jpg

Anyone think it could be ridiculous pairing this with the 2h ult which gives your ult back...

I was actually wondering what kind of resource return and healing you'd get from this using the Restro Staff Ultimate with a Stam DK.. Does the Restro Ultimate scale to highest resource? Does Major mending, vitality, or malubeth increase the set bonus amount, as well as quick healing and blessed CP.

As every other ultimate, the restro one scale on the highest resource. And yes, mending, vitality and malubeth should boost this ultimate's heal.

As well as the Dragon Knight Battle Roar passive. Sweet Jesus...

except these ultimates only work if you're slotting the weapon in question, I can't imagine any DK keeping a Resto on the Back Bar all the time just for an ult.

I do when I run Pelinals for Combat Prayer and rapid regen. The Restro Ultimate now becomes my BoL.

Just roll a templar and cast BoL anytime you want and slot a useful ultimate!

I don't enjoy playing as a Templar. I don't find it very engaging. I enjoy DKs, Magblades, and Stam Sorcs; and I like theorycrafting and creating unusual builds. Plus, as I've stated many times on these forums, I feel that the DK class synergizes best with Restro/2H, because it gives them AOE, CC, DOTs, a solid Gap Closer, a decent execute, nice buffs, and Strong heals. .
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

You´re arguing as if magica and stamina were on par atm - which they are not and the new sets are not going to help that matter.

No ***. Magicka Templar is 3 levels above any stam class at present. Competent Magicka Sorcs are as OP as any stam class. Magicka DK is going to be really strong in duels and PVE. And Magicka NB could use a slight buff, but it's really not that bad currently. the only balance this game needs is a nerf to Radiant Destruction, a few nerfs to CP, and diminishing returns on healing buffs and passives through softcapping. And resistance is so much easier to increase on Magic builds due to shields, and the fact that Elemental defender and hardy give you a greater benefit the less resistance you have.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
     called helping hands that restores 5% of their max stamina

Yeah but then we won't do any damage and we won't have any sustain. Weapon damage gives twice the benefit of max stam for non-sorc stam builds. 129 WD roughly equals 1900 stamina after factoring in medium armor passives and buffs. We have also have the least utility from crit, since we have neither the crit damage bonus of Temps and NBs, nor the ability to heal through our crits like Sorcs. No stam class requires more WD to be effective. Even with 7K more stam, that's what, 350 more from helping hands. Thats like 1000 stam every ten seconds considering the cost in magic of earthen heart skills. Would you gimp your damage for less than 100 recovery per second?
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Automaton is exactly a copy of silks of the sun (except that it´s a ton better because it can be used on any class to great effect).There is no sorc equivalent for sun because as a sorc i don´t deal exclusively lightning dmg compared to a DK that can deal exclusively fire dmg or a stamina build that can deal exclusively physical dmg.
    Increased lightning dmg set is entirely worthless (i can tell you that because i main a sorc and i would never consider using that even if you paid me a million gold). Same goes for increased restoration staff spelldmg and increased cold spelldmg (lol).
    In conclusion stating that automaton is strong but weaker than it´s magic equivalent is just plain wrong. It´s equally potent as silks of the sun which is the only useful magica set of these.
    There is no set that increases magic dmg at all and the other magica sets (lightning, resto and frost) are completely useless compared to the before mentioned two (and to everything else aswell).

There are more sets that increase max magic than max stam, and that's where magic builds get most of their damage. any set that did increase magic damage comparably would be as useless for magic builds as Draugr Hulk is for Stam builds.
    Besides every set you mentioned is much weaker than the one that gives us 4K penetration. That's the OP set, not this piece of soon-to-be deconstructed nonsense.
    Edited by Amdar_Godkiller on September 15, 2016 1:07AM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no set that increases magic dmg at all and the other magica sets (lightning, resto and frost) are completely useless compared to the before mentioned two (and to everything else aswell).

There are more sets that increase max magic than max stam, and that's where magic builds get most of their damage. any set that did increase magic damage comparably would be as useless for magic builds as Draugr Hulk is for Stam builds.
    Besides every set you mentioned is much weaker than the one that gives us 4K penetration. That's the OP set, not this piece of soon-to-be deconstructed nonsense.

You sir have no idea of pvp builds.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are many threads discussing stamina versus magicka sets, i suggest to share or ask useful information about sets in this thread.
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me, If These overland sets come in all Armor Types, Weapons, and jewelry?

Or is lets say knights Errand only availaible as Heavy Armor?
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Birdovic wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me, If These overland sets come in all Armor Types, Weapons, and jewelry?

All overland sets come with weapons and jewelry, but the regular gear pieces are only in 1 type (light, medium or heavy).

The Silk of the sun set (drops in Stonefalls) will for instance only drop in light armor (besides the jewelry and weapons)
  • BdCHighVoltage
    does spelunker affect only globe and shadow silk?

pretty useless

edit: i mean wp/sp boost
    Edited by BdCHighVoltage on September 20, 2016 11:10AM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aside from monster sets (and obviously crafted sets, too), there are only 5 mixed-weight sets in the game: Bahraha, Syvarra, Sithis, Imperial Physique, and Trainee.

And with the exception of the sets mentioned above, plus Willpower, Agility, and Endurance, all jewelry have locked traits: light-set jewelry is always Arcane, medium-set is Robust, and heavy-set is always Healthy.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @code65536

Meh, hoped for a Medium variant of Knights Errand, aswell as Light Variants of many Heavy Sets (which are magicka based...).

Still, Thanks for answering.

@Darlon

Ah Just noticed you answered Aswell, thanks, too ^*
    Edited by Birdovic on September 20, 2016 11:45AM
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @code65536

Meh, hoped for a Medium variant of Knights Errand, aswell as Light Variants of many Heavy Sets (which are magicka based...).

Still, Thanks for answering.

@Darlon

Ah Just noticed you answered Aswell, thanks, too ^*

@Birdovic

Well, at least you'll be able to run a medium armor set and use 3 jewelry and a 1H/S combo of Knight's Errant... Maybe that might help. :|
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, at least you'll be able to run a medium armor set and use 3 jewelry and a 1H/S combo of Knight's Errant... Maybe that might help. :|

Yeah, I think so :)
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »

This is glorious!

Yes Ive also wondered about this, @ZOS_RichLambert

PC EU
    PvP only