The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

[DATA MINING] All New Sets!

• Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    peniku8 wrote: »
    gj zos on 'buffing' skoria without mentioning the cooldown in the patchnotes, I almost thought it might be good again

Did they increase the cooldown and not mention it in patch notes? I'm on PS4 so i can't see on PTS. I was excited for the skoria buff but this makes it sound like it was actually nerfed?

Last I checked the cooldown was 6s, if anything they shortened it.

There was always a CD of 6 secs. They never mentioned it.

And now it's a 5s cooldown
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Seratopia
    Seratopia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone on the PTS able to see what the new gear sets actually look like? I'm curious to see what the Rattle Cage Cuirass looks like in a light armor version if anyone would be kind enough to show.

:)
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The grind never ends :o
    Edited by Banana on September 5, 2016 5:30AM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seratopia wrote: »
    Is anyone on the PTS able to see what the new gear sets actually look like? I'm curious to see what the Rattle Cage Cuirass looks like in a light armor version if anyone would be kind enough to show.

It is heavy armor set and don't have light version. And it made in daedric style.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This brings up a good point. As far as I can tell, most sets are Breton again, even if it doesn't fit the theme at all. For example, why isn't the Hulking Draugr set in Draugr style? Why is the Shalk Exoskeleton, which drops in Stonefalls, Breton style?

I could check the other sets later, but these are the ones I noticed.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sAnn92 wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Bowser wrote: »
    Paulington wrote: »
    UNDAUNTED SETS

Infernal Guardian

767e58d7ae.jpg

This one seems really good for magicka sorcs.

And Dks

I tested infernal guardian.
    The uptime and damage seems alright.

But the functionality is very bad. Any target that just moves a bit, will not get hit by it. The projectiles aims in the moment where it procs from your body and it has a very long traveling time. So it misses like 80% of the time. DEFINATELY useless in pvp, in pve maybe okay vs enemies that stand in 1 place.

I also find the way it works very bad. It should target the closest target, not the one that's far away.

You haven't tested enough, Infernal guardian was easily top 3 dps % on most of my duels. Each bolt can crit for 4.5k - 5k dmge and is quite hard to dodge it for melee attackrs.

Don't know what immobile ducks you were fighting then :)
    As long as a targets just slowly moves, it will completely avoid all fireballs.

As I said, it aims as soon as it shoots from your body and the traveling time is long. That's at least 1 second difference and a pvp player will definately not be in the same spot as before. It basically cannot hit.
    I found it stupid to use in pve as well. If it would at least adjust its direction as long as it flies.....
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peniku8 wrote: »
    gj zos on 'buffing' skoria without mentioning the cooldown in the patchnotes, I almost thought it might be good again

Seriously? What's the cooldown on PTS? Never mind ;)
    Edited by The Uninvited on September 5, 2016 10:44AM
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • ClockworkArc
    ClockworkArc
    ✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

This brings up a good point. As far as I can tell, most sets are Breton again, even if it doesn't fit the theme at all. For example, why isn't the Hulking Draugr set in Draugr style? Why is the Shalk Exoskeleton, which drops in Stonefalls, Breton style?

I could check the other sets later, but these are the ones I noticed.

I think that Breton is just the default style assigned to sets when no other style is assigned. It bears confirmation but I think these sets just haven't been given a style. @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    Edited by ClockworkArc on September 5, 2016 10:49AM
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UNDAUNTED SETS

Infernal Guardian

767e58d7ae.jpg

And Dks

But the functionality is very bad. Any target that just moves a bit, will not get hit by it. The projectiles aims in the moment where it procs from your body and it has a very long traveling time. So it misses like 80% of the time. DEFINATELY useless in pvp, in pve maybe okay vs enemies that stand in 1 place.

I also find the way it works very bad. It should target the closest target, not the one that's far away.

You haven't tested enough, Infernal guardian was easily top 3 dps % on most of my duels. Each bolt can crit for 4.5k - 5k dmge and is quite hard to dodge it for melee attackrs.

As I said, it aims as soon as it shoots from your body and the traveling time is long. That's at least 1 second difference and a pvp player will definately not be in the same spot as before. It basically cannot hit.
    I found it stupid to use in pve as well. If it would at least adjust its direction as long as it flies.....

Wait... It's not a targeted Mortar?.... Idk why I thought they would give Magicka a half decent Monster set... Sigh.

Edit: Just pictured Sorcs lining keep walls spamming their shields to fire off Mortars, new form of counter siege lol.
    Edited by Jsmalls on September 5, 2016 12:50PM
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a targeted Mortar… who aim at proc and don't change his direction after that. And it has a slow movement speed and a tiny radius, so you won't touch anything except a pure immobile enemy.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have any videos of infernal Guardian in action? Interested to see how it works..
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UNDAUNTED SETS

Infernal Guardian

767e58d7ae.jpg

And Dks

Wait... It's not a targeted Mortar?.... Idk why I thought they would give Magicka a half decent Monster set... Sigh.

Edit: Just pictured Sorcs lining keep walls spamming their shields to fire off Mortars, new form of counter siege lol.

Let's say it's half targeted. It aims at the target that's farthest away from you. No matter if it is engaged in combat or not. Which in itself is stupid design.

And it aims at the moment where it procs from your body. It then travels to the target location.
    But when the target takes a step during this time, then it will not hit. And almost nothing in this game is perfectly immobile
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Seratopia
    Seratopia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

It is heavy armor set and don't have light version. And it made in daedric style.

So to make this completely clear..no light armor version of Rattlecage can drop? This is strictly a heavy armor set? I thought zos said at pax west they want us to chase down the appropriate weight and trait for gear. This made it seem like any set would come in all weights.

But if it's so, that's unfortunate. That was the only set that interested me enough to retire my previous.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So to make this completely clear..no light armor version of Rattlecage can drop? This is strictly a heavy armor set? I thought zos said at pax west they want us to chase down the appropriate weight and trait for gear. This made it seem like any set would come in all weights.

But if it's so, that's unfortunate. That was the only set that interested me enough to retire my previous.

You still have three jewelries and all weapons, in order to use the 5cp bonus with no more than one heavy (with a 2 handed weapon).
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Uh, this set on a stamblade is going to cause so much PvP QQ...

b1bba0d4aa.jpg

Anyone think it could be ridiculous pairing this with the 2h ult which gives your ult back...
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭
    It may have already been asked but in case it hasn't would anyone mind letting me know if Selene's Set procs off of Flurry/Rapid Strikes/Bloodthirst?

We've been having a debate about it in my guild and I'm pretty sure Flurry counts as "Direct Melee Damage" however other's have their doubts. Could anyone be able to confirm whether it does or not?

Thanks! :)
    The name is Snape. Full time Banana fighting for his Queen and Country. Favourite hobby; killing the cowardly Covenant and Pact infidels threat.

Predominantly PVP based player running various characters. Mostly Magicka Templar, Magicka Sorcerer and Stamina Templar.

Proud Right-Hand Man of The Saints Knights and Sergeant-At-Arms of The Yellow Army.
  • Erasure
    Erasure
    ✭✭✭
    Snape2255 wrote: »
    It may have already been asked but in case it hasn't would anyone mind letting me know if Selene's Set procs off of Flurry/Rapid Strikes/Bloodthirst?

We've been having a debate about it in my guild and I'm pretty sure Flurry counts as "Direct Melee Damage" however other's have their doubts. Could anyone be able to confirm whether it does or not?

It does not. "Direct melee Damage" translates to non-DoT, and Flurry is a DoT.

EDIT: Hey Probable, I test things before I post information. Flurry does not proc Selene's.
    Edited by Erasure on September 12, 2016 1:16PM
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭
    Erasure wrote: »

Ahh I see. I was under the impression that, as with Nerieneth, if it was specifically non-DoT damage it would be labelled "Not from damage over time effects", rather than "direct melee damage".

"Direct melee damage" would insinuate that it would have to be from the caster itself in melee proximity and NOT from an AoE or a poison etc. ZOS have made a poor choice of words in this case.

ESO_Nerien'eth's_Helm.jpg

I'm sure you can understand my confusion.
    Edited by Snape2255 on September 6, 2016 1:01AM
    The name is Snape. Full time Banana fighting for his Queen and Country. Favourite hobby; killing the cowardly Covenant and Pact infidels threat.

Predominantly PVP based player running various characters. Mostly Magicka Templar, Magicka Sorcerer and Stamina Templar.

Proud Right-Hand Man of The Saints Knights and Sergeant-At-Arms of The Yellow Army.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanx for posting this list
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭

It's true that damage is done over time while using flurry, but it's not a DoT in the sense that you're thinking. A DoT does damage over time, meaning that there is a guaranteed amount of damage that is done within a set or given time frame, and once the damage over time begins, it cannot be stopped unless the effect is removed by an ability that cleanses or purges it. Flurry is a channeled ability, meaning that only if that channel remains open, does it continue to perform whatever action it's supposed to, it's not an effect on a player, but a continually active ability.

Think of channeled abilities like an auto attack with conditional bonuses, and DoT's like pulsing negative effects. In this sense, flurry would be direct melee damage, but the only time the attack can proc is the hit that begins, or ends the channeled ability. Really, it should proc on all hits, but ZoS nerfed these kinds of things.

Ahh I see. I was under the impression that, as with Nerieneth, if it was specifically non-DoT damage it would be labelled "Not from damage over time effects", rather than "direct melee damage".

"Direct melee damage" would insinuate that it would have to be from the caster itself in melee proximity and NOT from an AoE or a poison etc. ZOS have made a poor choice of words in this case.

I don't think that he has tested it, and knows whether or not it works, and to be honest, I can't say one way or the other either. But, your idea about the proximity of the attack being the condition needing to be met, seems like a really accurate guess of how the effect is proc'd. ZOS is generally consistent with their wording for these sorts of things, so when I see different wording, I think it's safe to assume it works differently than other mechanics.
    Edited by ProbablePaul on September 6, 2016 4:22AM
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    I am curious , does anyone know if the 5 piece bonus sets drop with jewelry as well ?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Memnock wrote: »
    I am curious , does anyone know if the 5 piece bonus sets drop with jewelry as well ?

They drop in all slots, the exeption is agility, endurance and willpower.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

Unless it changes, the exception is all Imperial City sets. There is no Black Rose or Shieldbreaker jewellery, for example. I am not sure if this is an oversight or intended.
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭

It's true that damage is done over time while using flurry, but it's not a DoT in the sense that you're thinking. A DoT does damage over time, meaning that there is a guaranteed amount of damage that is done within a set or given time frame, and once the damage over time begins, it cannot be stopped unless the effect is removed by an ability that cleanses or purges it. Flurry is a channeled ability, meaning that only if that channel remains open, does it continue to perform whatever action it's supposed to, it's not an effect on a player, but a continually active ability.

Think of channeled abilities like an auto attack with conditional bonuses, and DoT's like pulsing negative effects. In this sense, flurry would be direct melee damage, but the only time the attack can proc is the hit that begins, or ends the channeled ability. Really, it should proc on all hits, but ZoS nerfed these kinds of things.

I don't think that he has tested it, and knows whether or not it works, and to be honest, I can't say one way or the other either. But, your idea about the proximity of the attack being the condition needing to be met, seems like a really accurate guess of how the effect is proc'd. ZOS is generally consistent with their wording for these sorts of things, so when I see different wording, I think it's safe to assume it works differently than other mechanics.

Thanks for the input, seems well thought out and most of all hopeful to Flurry being able to proc it! Only reason I want to know is because I'd like to know if it procs on my Stam Sorc (who runs a DW build). I thought it would have classed Flurry as "direct melee damage", but of course it'd need to be tested.

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless it changes, the exception is all Imperial City sets. There is no Black Rose or Shieldbreaker jewellery, for example. I am not sure if this is an oversight or intended.

Im fairly sure this is an oversight because @ZOS_RichLambert stated that the only exception to this should only be the agility,endurance and willpower.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Seratopia
    Seratopia
    ✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »

You still have three jewelries and all weapons, in order to use the 5cp bonus with no more than one heavy (with a 2 handed weapon).

Thank you. I totally forgot about that.
  • lustdog
    lustdog
    ✭✭
    can't find the jewelry and weapon of this set

59f45897b4.jpg
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Im fairly sure this is an oversight because @ZOS_RichLambert stated that the only exception to this should only be the agility,endurance and willpower.
    I remeber on PAX they said all sets have all pieces except jewel sets, however on pts i didnt got a single jewel or weapon piece or piece with new trait.
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭
    I heard off someone that the pieces are split between different map events. For example; body pieces around a map, weapons in delves, and jewellery off of dolmens. I'm not sure how legit that info is, but you could test out a few dolmens and see what your luck drops?

• RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard off someone that the pieces are split between different map events. For example; body pieces around a map, weapons in delves, and jewellery off of dolmens. I'm not sure how legit that info is, but you could test out a few dolmens and see what your luck drops?

Infos legit : it's the patch note one :p