Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CONFIRMED BUG WITH KAGRENAC'S HOPE DEVS PLEASE TAKE NOTE!!!

kungmoo
kungmoo
✭✭✭
ok so I went and made a v16 gold set of kagrenac's hope armor, and started getting one shot... so I did a little testing

fighting the sweepers in IC sewers I went from taking 10k hits from their normal attacks to 20k+, their harder hitting attacks went from 18k to 36k+
didn't matter if it was ice, fire, or physical attacks.. anything they hit me with it was double damage

it doesn't do it if I put on my old vr14 martial knowledge sets or even the v16 green/white drops I picked up while killing... just seems to be the kagrenac's hope set
Edited by kungmoo on September 17, 2015 8:36PM
Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Edward W. Howe
  • Radburn
    Radburn
    ✭✭✭
    This would explain why I suddenly became much squishier in IC. I had crafted my set of VR16 gold Kagrenac's two days ago and yesterday I went into the districts to claim a couple trophies. I fought a couple packs along the way and died twice. This has never happened before (I am a Templar with appropriate build for IC) and I actually thought maybe ZOS had ninja buffed mobs like they had done to VR content last year. This is very disheartening.
  • Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭
    kungmoo wrote: »
    ok so I went and made a v16 gold set of kagrenac's hope armor, and started getting one shot... so I did a little testing

fighting the sweepers in IC sewers I went from taking 10k hits from their normal attacks to 20k+, their harder hitting attacks went from 18k to 36k+
    didn't matter if it was ice, fire, or physical attacks.. anything they hit me with it was double damage

it doesn't do it if I put on my old vr14 martial knowledge sets or even the v16 green/white drops I picked up while killing... just seems to be the kagrenac's hope set

I did notice something similar as well. Can we get @ZOS to respond?
    The Teach - AD Templar
  • Truewavesound
    Truewavesound
    ✭✭✭
    As BiS crafted set for some builds, this is game breaking. Can you /bug and /help this in game, so it actually gets picked up?

Alsoo @ZOS_GinaBruno please can someone look at this?
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    submitted a bug report in game before I posted this here
    Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Edward W. Howe
  • Radburn
    Radburn
    ✭✭✭
    I ran Veteran WGT this evening and was one shot twice in a row from a skeleton ability called whirlwind. I was wearing 3 pieces of VR16 Gold Kagrenac's. I'm assuming this is the same whirlwind from dual wield line and that it should not be hitting that hard, but honestly I don't know. Maybe it is intended and falls into L2P. I was AoEing pretty hard on the trash.

tITvjT6.png
    Edited by Radburn on September 16, 2015 1:56AM
  • DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radburn wrote: »
    I ran Veteran WGT this evening and was one shot twice in a row from a skeleton ability called whirlwind. I was wearing 3 pieces of VR16 Gold Kagrenac's. I'm assuming this is the same whirlwind from dual wield line and that it should not be hitting that hard, but honestly I don't know. Maybe it is intended and falls into L2P. I was AoEing pretty hard on the trash.

tITvjT6.png

I like the timing on that Combat Cloud popup. Are you sure you are not exploiting?

Maybe it's made that way so that others can benefit from the other aspect of the 5pc set, that being faster rezzes and Magicka on rez. :trollface:

Also, Whirlwind is Steel Tornado's lesser form. So... the mobs have finally learnt how to ball up and form an AoE train?
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad a friend told me about this thread. I was just about to craft a 5 piece set.

Bump for Moderator attention.
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would love an update on this, I too was about to craft that specific set.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS IS HILARIOUS!!!

You didn't think ZOS would allow a crafted set to become BIS would you? MUAHAHAHAHAH.

There must be.... Consequences. BOW TO THE DLC!!!!

But seriously, I'm pretty sure they are going to nerf Kracknerack or whatever its called. It's not that powerful, a great healer set, but it competes with scathing mage and the other "mandatory" sets that you have to grind for. Grind is love. Grind is life.

But this is an amazing observation. I have a 5pc heavy armor Krack set and was getting roasted easily like I was wearing tissue paper.

Something fishy is afoot.

Edit: inb4 someone "invents" the heavy armor krag spell power build. Already tried it. Will be good when this bug is fixed but I'm sure it has already been "invented" (as has all other builds) by someone who's name rhymes with FlannelBribes.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on September 16, 2015 4:59AM
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good alternative to this set would be two pieces Torug’s Pact and four pieces of Magnus’ Gift. Maybe add Shoulders of Molag Kena. Yours weapons can a Master weapon or any crafted weapon.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has anyone tried with lower quality (purple), lower level (V15) and/or other crafted V16 golden sets?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man hopefully this gets fixed monday...
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Has anyone tried with lower quality (purple), lower level (V15) and/or other crafted V16 golden sets?

seems to be tied to v16 - havent observed something awkward with my purple v15 set so far.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks, @Tankqull

has anyone tried other V16 crafted sets? Hunding's Rage maybe?
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That explains how my nightblade has been dying so easy lol.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I was probably going to craft this in the next couple of days... oh Azura thankfully I didn't...
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tested it against normal mobs and some Xivkyn dude, and I don't see this damage increase. Sot it's maybe "only" the sweeper bosses? Also I only have 2/5 of my Kagrenac's at legendary quality atm.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it light armor?
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So thats why I got oneshot! I just tried my sorc again with this v16 set, and was instantly pwned by some deadric mobs in the sewers, I quickly relogged my nb again and tought to myself "that sorc is a noob"

PC EU
    PvP only
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could someone test if that's a issue with all crafted sets?
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. Nasty.

Glad I didn't blow my purple or gold mats on a set of this, hopefully there is a response soon.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I take it you have /bug'ed this in-game?
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spell Shield and other spell resistance things are also bugged. I think Light armor passives too.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've not noticed this at all. In fact, I went in completely wasted on my birthday to IC on my Templar and was "tanking" 5+ people at a time in my almost entire 5-light Kagrenac's setup lol (just to put in perspective how manageable the damage was in it :P ). Went back in the next day and did the same exact thing with no issues.

I've also ran Vet WGT and Vet Imperial City Prison tons of times and haven't noticed myself taking more damage than I would in my previous set-up.

Still something ZoS could look into, I suppose.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A "Hey guys, just letting you know we are looking into this" would sure be nice.

Guess I'll just make a V15 blue set and test for myself.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using a 5p Kag set, but only 2 pieces are VR16 gold (the rest are VR15 purple--filler pieces until I grind up enough silks). I haven't noticed any major increase in squishiness, but I haven't really paid that much attention either.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump for Dev attention.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kungmoo @radburn @rayste and the rest who are experiencing this, perhaps your Battle Spirit is not being applied when you zone in/out. Take a look at:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/171717/battle-spirit-buff-not-being-applied
    and
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/214932/battle-spirit-not-working-original-post-deleted

Do you have your extra 5k health from Battle Spirit? Does the buff show on your character list?
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com