The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CONFIRMED BUG WITH KAGRENAC'S HOPE DEVS PLEASE TAKE NOTE!!!

• kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    here is another one for ya.....

[img][/img]ss7_zpsmkagcq7y.png

v14 martial

[img][/img]ss8_zpsmrlhx4ie.png

v16 kagrenac's

and yes, gonna go craft up a few lower sets to test this with and see if its related to the set or crafted/drop etc
    Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Edward W. Howe
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kungmoo wrote: »
    here is another one for ya.....

[img][/img]ss7_zpsmkagcq7y.png

v14 martial

[img][/img]ss8_zpsmrlhx4ie.png

v16 kagrenac's

and yes, gonna go craft up a few lower sets to test this with and see if its related to the set or crafted/drop etc

Well that is pretty solid evidence. Unbelievable that we have gotten ZERO response from a moderator at least mentioning that this has been passed along. Unreal. Maybe the thread title should be switched to something that will actually get their attention. Regardless if it's the set or not, there is clearly something going on here that needs investigating.
    Edited by Alphashado on September 17, 2015 8:04PM
  • GreyRanger
    GreyRanger
    ✭✭✭
    Kungmoo's post seems to clarify that it is a real thing and based on his report it is not just a battle spirit issue.

I hope we can get a moderator to weigh in shortly since Kagrenac's is one of the two most desirable crafted sets, it would seem.
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    ok so other sets......

[img][/img]ss10_zpsvx8bm8fo.png

v14 purple magnus

[img][/img]ss11_zps5u3ceavq.png

v14 blue kagrenac's hope

so it seems to be related to kagrenac's hope set only, and at any quality level

EDIT: also want to put out a special thank you to a certain red that let me continue testing without killing me, don't want to name him cause of forum rules about naming and shaming or whatever.... but TY all the same :smiley:
    Edited by kungmoo on September 17, 2015 8:33PM
    Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Edward W. Howe
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried testing with it with light, medium and heavy versions of the armor?

I have a feeling that light armor spell resistance is also bugged as well as light armor passives and spell shield from champion points has stopped coming up in my character window as well as concentration buff.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Calling out again.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert anybody home?
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    Have you tried testing with it with light, medium and heavy versions of the armor?

I have a feeling that light armor spell resistance is also bugged as well as light armor passives and spell shield from champion points has stopped coming up in my character window as well as concentration buff.

just tested light version so far.... suppose I could go make a med/heavy set to try too

gotta love testing bugs :wink:
  • GreyRanger
    GreyRanger
    ✭✭✭
    Kungmoo thanks for you work on this.

Xendyn wrote: »
    Calling out again.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert anybody home?

Help please?
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    ok so... found an anomaly.....

[img][/img]kagmed_zpsajp3ou8v.png

kag v14 medium white... normal damage

[img][/img]kagheavy_zpsxb5qeyvz.png

kag v14 heavy green

so either the fact that its white or that its medium throws a curve into it.....
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    We're looking into it.
    Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Xilc
    Xilc
    ✭✭✭
    We're looking into it.

So what about the Sorc bugs I reported and made a thread about? Not trying to be snarky here at all.
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're looking into it.

Please let us know as soon as possible what's wrong here.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Radburn
    Radburn
    ✭✭✭
    Great work @kungmoo.

I've replaced my VR16 gold pieces with Vr15 in the meantime. I started logging random damage on regular sewer mobs with the Vr15 equipped. When I have time (at work now) I plan on wearing my Vr16 equipment and comparing the numbers.

Hopefully ZOS can sort this mess out.
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    We're looking into it.

ty for looking into this for us!

nice to know my work didn't go unnoticed :smiley:
  • GreyRanger
    GreyRanger
    ✭✭✭
    kungmoo wrote: »
    ok so... found an anomaly.....

kag v14 medium white... normal damage

kag v14 heavy green

so either the fact that its white or that its medium throws a curve into it.....

Ironic, for a set that is about spell damage, that it looks like the Medium set does not double your damage but heavy and light do double your damage. Also ironic that one of the 3 most useful crafted sets doubles your damage.

I hope we learn something about this soon.

• azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    has anyone tested this in normal pveland or is it just related to pvp and ic?
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We're looking into it.

Thank you.

• Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 VR14 purple heavy pieces (helm and shoulders because I haven't gotten the right monster armors for those pieces) of Kagrenac's Hope and don't find myself taking this much damage, for what it's worth, either it being lower VR, or maybe wearing less pieces of the set.

I also don't have IC and have only played in Craglorn since the patch.
    Edited by Arato on September 18, 2015 4:38AM
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    I have 2 VR14 purple heavy pieces (helm and shoulders because I haven't gotten the right monster armors for those pieces) of Kagrenac's Hope and don't find myself taking this much damage, for what it's worth, either it being lower VR, or maybe wearing less pieces of the set.

I also don't have IC and have only played in Craglorn since the patch.

maybe it only kicks in with the 5 piece set or something... I will do a bit more testing tomorrow and see what I come up with

BTW, tested WGT and prison tonight, didn't see any increase in damage running that set
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, is the spell resist (I'm assuming that's what it's affecting) glitch applying only with the 5 piece bonus then?
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was running random non vet scaled dungeons, like wayrest sewers while wearing a v16 gold set of this (Light armour and staff), and I kept getting 1 shot by random attacks, which was quite annoying.
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    Auricle wrote: »
    So, is the spell resist (I'm assuming that's what it's affecting) glitch applying only with the 5 piece bonus then?

don't think it would be the spell damage being glitched since its also affecting melee attacks from the mobs
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    DDemon wrote: »
    I was running random non vet scaled dungeons, like wayrest sewers while wearing a v16 gold set of this (Light armour and staff), and I kept getting 1 shot by random attacks, which was quite annoying.

ill look into wayrest tomorrow and see what pops up, if you remember any other dungeons you did where you got one shot ill go in and take a look around those too
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished Hel'Ra and vet Darkshade Caverns while wearing this set and i did not see any weird amount of damage on my templar healer and i had the bul netchies on meh!
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What ever this issue is I don't think it is happening to all players. I have a set of this in v16 gold on my Nightblade, and I have not had anything like this happen. I have done WGT with it plenty of times, and last night I was able to win a 4v1 with that character in IC.
    - Mojican
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A couple guild mates were experiencing a buggy Battle Spirit Buff and not receive the Health buff while wearing this set, do any of you have the same issue?
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on September 18, 2015 6:23AM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well spell shield, concentration and other buffs are missing from my character window since the IC update so I am sure spell resistance is buggy as well as light armor passives as well. Definitely noticing something not right when with my VR5 alt character in purple gear is getting hit super hard by lvl 49/50 mobs...

I guess they want everyone to just wear heavy all the time...
    Edited by Troneon on September 18, 2015 7:04AM
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW - We had a guildie last night on v1 running 43k health with battle spirit running and food buff. The rest of us on v16 had 28-30k.

Also, has anyone looked at whether this is Armour set build or a combination of weapon/armour set build?

I crafted a sword and board last night v16 of this set at some cost, both at gold, so would be good to know if I should hold fire on the rest I was going to build tonight.

I was going to add 1xheavy, 1xmedium, 1xlight to the weapons for the set.
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are you sure it's related to the kag set and not to some phys/spell resistance values that are just reached with golden V16 light (and v14 heavy green)
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • nothing2591
    nothing2591
    ✭✭✭
    i one shotted a nightblade TWICE with total dark on my templar , forgot to ask him if he used this set but i use it on my sorc and maybe thats why i saw a 8.2k surprise attack on my death log :O
    VR16 nb rank 28 svampenn