The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

CONFIRMED BUG WITH KAGRENAC'S HOPE DEVS PLEASE TAKE NOTE!!!

• Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    Just putting this out here: I have a full Kagrenac's Hope set (light armor) and I do just fine in IC and Sewers. I don't see any increase in damage for me (either from banner bosses /trash mobs / players).

I'm not sure if this helps hone the problem (I sympathize with you all), but this is AD character in Haderus, PC/NA

I have been hit a few times with 17k heavy attacks and 10k surprise attacks. I have 15k armor rating when this occurs. Not sure if this is related to Keg set though. Seems a little quirky.
    The Teach - AD Templar
  • Gerardopg
    Gerardopg
    ✭✭✭
    I'm running kagrenacs hope since the ic release, I just get one shot by banner bosses everythin else is ok but yeah one hour farming mobs and I pay like 1900 gold for repairs
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this not fixed yet?
    PC EU
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not even acknowledged yet...
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Par for the course
  • greenlights6
    greenlights6
    ✭✭
    Agreed that repair costs are disgusting, but, with that said, I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary when it comes to damage received. Wearing 5 piece light, all legendary.

Gottslieg - mDK - EP
    Freyjäa - Sorc - EP
    Ëothain - Templar
  • His Crayness
    Still having intermittent issues with this.

It's not in the PTS patch notes for fixed bugged gear either.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This highly concerns me as well. I get that the demand on the development team is high compared to what has been previously asked of them up until this point, but is it really asking to much to have players concerns addressed?
  • His Crayness
    This highly concerns me as well. I get that the demand on the development team is high compared to what has been previously asked of them up until this point, but is it really asking to much to have players concerns addressed?

I think one of the issues that makes this bug hard to address is that it is intermittent and variable in nature.

So there are a bunch of people that are not noticing the issue, and post reports stating as such, and this in turn dilutes the credibility of the issue itself and the immediacy of any response.

It doesn't help that on top of that, some helpful people post stuff suggesting that their experience is the only experience possible. If there is no current issue for them, then of course there can't be any issue at all.
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"We are looking into it" is the only official response.
  • GreyRanger
    GreyRanger
    ✭✭✭
    GreyRanger wrote: »
    We're looking into it.

@ZOS_RichLambert, @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom so it has been a week. Would you please do us the kindness of updating us on the status of this?

Thank you in advance to the information.

So this is my weekly check in on this. It has now been 2 weeks with no word.

Would you please grant your customers the kindness of a status update on this?

Any communication would be appreciated.
    Best wishes

@ZOS_RichLambert, @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom so it has been 3 weeks since your we are looking into it post.

Would you be so kind as to simply update us on where you are on this issue, even if it is only to let us know that you are too busy to look at it.

Best wishes
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really like this issue to be fixed... but then again as a sorc, I'd also like the combat bugs (staying in combat for a minute or more after all mobs are dead, not being able to interact and loot corpses or hit levers etc, and getting stuck in casting animations and being unable to attack any further without sprinting /hitting esc twice fixes which get me killed) , pet AI and scaling damage, OH and the wonderful bug where the pet chases sweepers ...even break stealth to go after them, and I'd also like to see SOME kind of support gear wise and skill damage wise for the pet line. We still havn't seen support for pets since vr12... and 2nd vr 16 DLC is coming out in 2 months with no mention of a new set to replace it.
    Edited by NativeJoe on October 8, 2015 10:57PM
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • GreyRanger
    GreyRanger
    ✭✭✭
    We're looking into it.

@ZOS_RichLambert, @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom so it has been a week. Would you please do us the kindness of updating us on the status of this?

Best wishes

@ZOS_RichLambert, @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom so it has been 3 weeks since your we are looking into it post.

Would you be so kind as to simply update us on where you are on this issue, even if it is only to let us know that you are too busy to look at it.

Best wishes

@ZOS_RichLambert, @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom so it has been 1 month since your we are looking into it post.

• DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BigTone remember those ungodly hits you took a few times last night? Your gear is bugged bro.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get one shotted all the time in the sewers and I dont use that set. I thought first its because Im vamp but they reduced the flame dmg dealt thing.
    Edited by Sausage on October 14, 2015 5:42PM
  • Kessra
    Kessra
    ✭✭✭
    I know a handful of v16 players all having 5 pieces of this set (my v10 templar alt also has this set) and no issues here so far, so can't confirm that there is increased dmg income - at least in PvE.
  • Inig0
    Inig0
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BigTone remember those ungodly hits you took a few times last night? Your gear is bugged bro.

: o oh no! i tried telling him about this thread but u guess he never followed it.
    GM: Mechanically Challenged
    In game - @Inig0
    Sorc - Inigo- Beautiful Chocolate Man
    NB - Raphiki - Beautiful Chocolate Man
    Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
    DK - Inigø - Alfeus - Down for Maintenance
    Warden - Help I Made a Warden
    PC NA
    Youtube Stuffs
    Only the best memes die twice
  • pelennor_fields
    pelennor_fields
    ✭✭✭
    Bump/lurk
  • Illumous
    Illumous
    ✭✭✭
    I've been running this set since I tested it about a month ago (pretty heavily might I add) and still have not be able to reproduce the double damage some people are experiencing. So at this point this issue is one of two things...

A. Not a Bug

B. A highly variable dependent bug that about 99%+ of players are not going to experience

Until the bug can be reproduced 100% of the time knowing what variables cause it, this won't be fixed (if it really is a bug). At this point, there is no known way to trigger this bug for any player and any character.

My recommendation to anyone interested in making this set is just do it. I don't know a single person beyond the couple of people who posted on this thread (with supporting evidence to show double damage is occurring for them) that has had issues while wearing this set.

Now if someone ACTUALLY knows how to trigger this 100% of the time, on any player, any character, and everyday to Sunday, I'd speak up.
    Edited by Illumous on October 15, 2015 2:02AM
    Sol-Illumous | Breton Templar | Mag Support/Healer | EP
    Sol-Ventus | Imperial Templar | Stam DPS | EP
    Famìne | Argonian Templar | Mag Support/Healer | DC
    NA Azura's Star (PC) - WCFC (Myrmidons) & Horsemen of Apocalypse
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Illumous wrote: »
    I've been running this set since I tested it about a month ago (pretty heavily might I add) and still have not be able to reproduce the double damage some people are experiencing. So at this point this issue is one of two things...

A. Not a Bug

B. A highly variable dependent bug that about 99%+ of players are not going to experience

Until the bug can be reproduced 100% of the time knowing what variables cause it, this won't be fixed (if it really is a bug). At this point, there is no known way to trigger this bug for any player and any character.

My recommendation to anyone interested in making this set is just do it. I don't know a single person beyond the couple of people who posted on this thread (with supporting evidence to show double damage is occurring for them) that has had issues while wearing this set.

Now if someone ACTUALLY knows how to trigger this 100% of the time, on any player, any character, and everyday to Sunday, I'd speak up.

I made another 5pc for my magicka nightblade and he does fine now, no double damage. I don't know what's going on but sometimes I'd get it and sometimes I wouldn't. It's not easy to tell until it's blatantly obvious... like when a Harvester in IC hits me for 40k damage.

It doesn't happen 100% of the time, it tends to creep up (for me) I'd be okay for days and then suddenly it was like I have no armor or passives and was getting one shot by trash mobs/npcs. However, like I said... I made another set and I'm good now... I don't know. Coincidence maybe?
    Edited by OtarTheMad on October 15, 2015 2:24AM
  • pelennor_fields
    pelennor_fields
    ✭✭✭
    I'm about to make a V16 legendary set.. So yeah - going to have about 300,000 hours invested in it. Glad to hear everything is apparently working. Btw - haven't checked the Earth Forge in a bit... Can anyone confirm whether the 5 piece spell damage bonus is now active? Thanks in advance.
  • Nolphi
    Nolphi
    ✭✭✭
    I have a bunch of Kagrenac V16 pieces including heavy and lights that I can swap out. For me all buffs work and I got no double damage or other issued. I upgraded from purple V14 kagrenacs so if there was a big damage increase I would have noticed.
    Clan Nolphi Family Gaming
    Follow @kingnolphi on twitter
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wearing on my immortal dk build not a single problem found tanking hits like a pro
  • pelennor_fields
    pelennor_fields
    ✭✭✭
    Did they add spell damage to the 5 piece set bonus yet?
  • pelennor_fields
    pelennor_fields
    ✭✭✭
    To answer my own question... Went to the Earth Forge. yes -5 pc spl dmg.
  • GreyRanger
    GreyRanger
    ✭✭✭
    We're looking into it.

Best wishes

Best wishes

@ZOS_RichLambert, @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom so it has been 1 month since your we are looking into it post.

@ZOS_RichLambert, @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom so it has been 5 weeks since your "we are looking into it post".

Would you be so kind as to update us on this issue.

Thank you for the information.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has it affected sales ? Is it profitable to fix the bug or better to leave it as a feature and push the customer to another set in the I.C ? Bug by bug things get more convoluted. When they fix things in base game maybe the sales in DLC will pick up. But why pay for broke twice. Broke base game Broke DLC #1 reading the Natch Totes for DLC#2 just indicates a a carry over of broke Features into DLC #2.

But when we settle for mediocrity we get the sum of our decisions.

There is a Giant font of wisdom on this board from players who are from all walks of life. And this is what I look at when I evaluate decisions on game purchases.I could literally and with ease bleed money into this game at the tune of 1500USD a month but why? What do I get in return ? More of a broke game? N'Wah I don't think so. Not until things are fixed.

I do not see the Armor Set being fixed. I do not see loading screens being fixed. I do not see FPS Stuttering getting fixed.And from my wallets point of view that is enough.
  • OldJaws66
    OldJaws66
    Soul Shriven
    Has it affected sales ? Is it profitable to fix the bug or better to leave it as a feature and push the customer to another set in the I.C ? Bug by bug things get more convoluted. When they fix things in base game maybe the sales in DLC will pick up. But why pay for broke twice. Broke base game Broke DLC #1 reading the Natch Totes for DLC#2 just indicates a a carry over of broke Features into DLC #2.

But when we settle for mediocrity we get the sum of our decisions.

There is a Giant font of wisdom on this board from players who are from all walks of life. And this is what I look at when I evaluate decisions on game purchases.I could literally and with ease bleed money into this game at the tune of 1500USD a month but why? What do I get in return ? More of a broke game? N'Wah I don't think so. Not until things are fixed.

I do not see the Armor Set being fixed. I do not see loading screens being fixed. I do not see FPS Stuttering getting fixed.And from my wallets point of view that is enough.

I agree with you, why are gamers putting up with such crap? The game has been average at best, yet gamers over all continue to pour money into it. I only play it to chat with other gamers from around the world until something better comes along. Heck even my large guild Fool's Errand still plays all the time complaining about how bad issues are and that the developers treat us all like idiots.
    Just fix the set, and here is a thought, give all of us something for putting up with a crappy game. Other games have done it and continue to do it.
    OH, and not a useless piece of crap we are going to break down either!
  • GreyRanger
    GreyRanger
    ✭✭✭
    We're looking into it.

Best wishes

Best wishes

@ZOS_RichLambert, @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom so it has been 5 weeks since your "we are looking into it post".

Thank you for the information.

@ZOS_RichLambert, @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom so it has been 7 weeks since your "we are looking into it post".

• pelennor_fields
    pelennor_fields
    ✭✭✭
    Running a V16 set with no current issues. Will update if anything changes.