The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battle Spirit Buff Not Being Applied

Crown
Crown
✭✭✭✭✭
When in Azuras (my home campaign), I get the Battle Spirit buff:
Ba9DBAD.png

When elsewhere (such as in Chill - my guest campaign), I do not:
QJdtcEA.png

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More info: I've tried repairing, disabling all add-ons, deleting all saved variables, re-logging while in and out of Cyrodiil then porting to different campaigns.

Another suggestion tried: I've renamed/removed the live folder, restarted the game, and went through all the basic configuration

Update: As suggested I've tried on a second computer (wife's gaming rig) that has never logged in with my toon before, and the same situation applies.

I ONLY ever have the buff in my home campaign regardless of what I do or which computer I'm on.

It's been suggested that I swap my home campaign, though being as I'm close to top of the leader board and want my gold rewards, I don't want to swap campaigns until after the next reset.
    Edited by Crown on May 21, 2015 9:07PM
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Crown

Try enabling 'Battle Level' ( will require being out of Cyro ), check to see if the buff applies in Chillrend. Port out, turn it off again, and hopefully Battle Spirit resets/applies on returning.
    Edited by Ghostbane on May 21, 2015 8:57PM
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Ghostbane but I've already tried that. Per a discussion with support that only applies to pre-VR1 characters and the setting does nothing for those of us at max level.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    Thanks @Ghostbane but I've already tried that. Per a discussion with support that only applies to pre-VR1 characters and the setting does nothing for those of us at max level.

@crown I know it does jack. I was hoping it re initialized whatever method handles the buff stack in terms of cyro to give you your buff on Chillrend entry.

Obviously as its happening on Lights machine as well, it is not clientside, but something with the data saved/cached on your toon. Manifest error prob. Do you have any other vet toons ?
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any other vet toons.. I don't have the patience to level another one!
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly the server is having an issue resolving your character's "State" in the game.

It reminds me of the old "Warrior Mundus" bug.

You could get the buff, but every time you logged out or zoned it would revert to your last mundus before changing it.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_TristanK I saw you post on another thread regarding a Battle Spirit buff issue. I'm hoping you'll notice this and help look into it!

@Methuselah Have you gotten your issue resolved? Sounds like you went through the same thing I'm experiencing now!
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those following this thread, I was advised by support to go in and out of a delve, which is supposed to force a check on your character. I've just logged for the night, so will try that tomorrow.

I also tried /camp and waiting 15 minutes before relogging which is supposed to clear caches, though that didn't fix it.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get the same problem, even on my home campaign. I have found if you restart the game several times, after 3 or 4 attempts you get the buff back. Then it randomly disappears again while I'm playing, I'm not sure what causes it.

Also, I went onto PTS, ported into the only campaign available which is my home campaign, and didn't have the battle spirit buff there either lmao.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word on this issue? It would be nice if a Dev would at least acknowledge it.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had this problem since launch, and it randomly goes away and comes back.
  • Methuselah
    Methuselah
    ✭✭✭
    @Crown I haven't had this bug in a few weeks, then again I havent played as much. Im 99% sure it isn't fixed though.

Nice spell resistance unbuffed. :trollface:
    Edited by Methuselah on May 22, 2015 4:48PM
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Methuselah That's my "stand there and laugh at opponents who try and kill me as the rest of my team wipes them build." I don't use it often, but when I do it's a LOT of fun. You wouldn't believe how many groups fixate on killing me - and as far as I'm concerned if they kill me while my team kills all of them, the 1 for 20 trade is more than worth it!
  • Methuselah
    Methuselah
    ✭✭✭
    Must...Grind....More...Spell...Erosion...
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updates:
    1. The buff is SOMETIMES there when porting into Cyrodiil.
    2. It SOMETIMES disappears after transit, death or when swapping campaigns.
    3. Once it disappears, it doesn't come back.
    4. Going in and out of a delve doesn't make it come back once it's gone.
    5. After logging off for an extended period (I went for a 1h walk with the dogs) it came back once. I tried that again and nothing.
    Edited by Crown on May 25, 2015 3:33PM
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been two weeks and still no update.

e17DfuQ.png

This is really getting irritating.

EDIT: Yes, I know I have attro mundus and am in a weapon damage build. I was too lazy to go swap for a bit of PvP ganking. Also, all my points are in health right now to compensate as much as possible for the 5k less health from lack of battle spirit.
    Edited by Crown on June 4, 2015 8:17PM
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proof that I was in Cyrodiil was requested, so here's another current screen shot:

VusA6hc.jpg
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More Info:
    • The issue began somewhere between May 15 and 18, around when I started spending time in non-home campaigns.
    • It was reported immediately to support as well as in a bug report.
    • The first response I got from support was May 20.
    • Battle Spirit comes on about 1 in 5 times I port into Cyrodiil immediately after logging on.
    • It disappears within about a half hour, usually after taking transit, a death, or a load screen (entering a delve).
    • Once it's gone, it doesn't come back until a day or two later, regardless of how many times I quit the game and log back in.
    • A fresh installation on a virgin computer was used to test / log in on this character more than a few times, so once again, it is NOT my computer.

The original ticket / reference number was: 150520-000996

I asked for an update, and a new number was opened: 150608-004172 - does this mean that my original ticket was closed without a resolution?
    Edited by Crown on June 9, 2015 2:08PM
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bit shocking that one can put hundreds (thousands?) of hours into a character, only to find it crippled by a bug. It's not like TESO is an alt-friendly game, so you can't just switch up and march on.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just checked, jumped on to my home and guest campaigns, went in and out of delves, died, ported, and never lost my battle spirit. Maybe tied to equipment 5 piece set, or an ability combo you're using. I know Night's Silence has had a history of screwing things up for my character
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thought, though one of the first things support had me try was to go naked and relog / change campaigns.

After I put my clothes back on (the cold leather chair was uncomfortable on my junk), I took off all my toon's gear and tried again.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: I spoke with a GM in game, who used a new tool to take an image of all the effects on my toon. He confirmed that the Battle Spirit buff was not applied, then reset all my effects (necessitating a re-log to get them back).

Once logged back in I had the buff, though my mundus had to be re-applied. After getting my mundus and using a drink (blue stam/mag regen) the buff disappeared again as soon as I hit a load screen.

He reset my effects again, and the buff remained for about 20 minutes through multiple load screens. I got a different mundus (Steed) and used purple (instead of blue) vr10 drink. As soon as I hit a load screen, no more Battle Spirit.

I'm waiting for him to reset my effects again (sent an email asking for such), and I'm going to try food instead of drink and yet a different mundus - in the hopes of identifying some sort of combination that he can pass to the devs to research.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue, please let me know so that we can coordinate testing.
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after the next reset, stay away from drink, use food only, and see if you loose the buff.

I bet many other players have this problem and just don't notice.
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One more update: It seems as though Battle Spirit disappearing could be related to gear sets I'm using when I hit load screens.

Without the buff, if I remove ALL of my gear, and enter a delve, it's come back twice. Staying naked exiting the delve, it remains!

I'm going to test through the evening every time it disappears if this is a valid workaround to getting it back, and will discuss more with the GM when he gets into work tomorrow.

Thanks again (to the GM) for all your time testing this and resetting my effects about 10 times in the past hour!
    Edited by Crown on June 11, 2015 10:40PM
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have this bug since the first PTS patch, 4 months ago. Zos doesn't care.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only use food & have verified that I still get the bug quite often, although I'm unaware of what triggers it.=(
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems as though logging off then back in while naked (no clothes, weapons, jewellery, etc.) equipped will restore Battle Spirit the same as going in and out of a delve while naked.

If anyone else is having this issue, please give this a try.
    Edited by Crown on June 13, 2015 4:57AM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is this still a thing????
    Why have they still not fixed this?
    Is there ANY chance this fix will be included in the next update???
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just started getting this bug a few days ago.. I have to relog atleast 6-7 times an hour to fix this buff from disappearing (along with other buffs, such as Vicious Ophidian set bonuses, Cyrodiil XP buffs, scroll buffs etc).

Fix this ZOS.
    Edited by DDuke on July 26, 2015 10:16PM
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going from IC into the sewers - or exiting the sewers to a district removes Battle Spirit.

I am incredulous that this hasn't been fixed yet. It's not reasonable for me to get naked when going in and out with there being spawn campers consistently at the spawn points and entrances.

Could we at least PLEASE get a date when this will be addressed?
    Edited by Crown on September 1, 2015 2:14AM