The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CONFIRMED BUG WITH KAGRENAC'S HOPE DEVS PLEASE TAKE NOTE!!!

• Kahen40k
    Kahen40k
    ✭✭
    Just to be sure, is this bug only affact PVP or it also have something wrong in PVE?
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    Kahen40k wrote: »
    Just to be sure, is this bug only affact PVP or it also have something wrong in PVE?

after several days of running around wearing this set, the only thing I have found that does double damage vs this armor set is the sweepers/banner bosses in IC sewers

not saying its everything, but its all that I have found
    Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Edward W. Howe
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been pvp'ing extensively with v16 Kagrenac's now, and I didn't notice anything fishy.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It says confirmed, but where is the *** that confirmation? Can't see any.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, haven't noticed anything after a lot of pvp and sewer bosses. Survivable as always :sunglasses:
    Edited by Wollust on September 22, 2015 4:17PM
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • His Crayness
    Damn, I hope that it is alright because I am just about to pull the trigger on this 5 piece in v16.
  • Gerardopg
    Gerardopg
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so 5 pieces kagrenacs v16 gold and I don't see any issue
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    First this Thread starts an Alert against the Kagrenacs Set, then some say YES, some NO, it is all cool. So, how is the Status of this Set, is it ok or is it bugged?
    Edited by Murmeltier on September 23, 2015 9:30AM
  • Truewavesound
    Truewavesound
    ✭✭✭
    OP's capslock, tone and "CONFIRMEDCONFIRMEDCONFIRMED" paint him/her in a really good light. Standard official forum fare.

#mustbookmarktamrielfoundryinstead
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slightly off topic, can you explain the allure of that particular set as a 5 piece, 'cause I must be missing something?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP's capslock, tone and "CONFIRMEDCONFIRMEDCONFIRMED" paint him/her in a really good light. Standard official forum fare.

#mustbookmarktamrielfoundryinstead

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite simple actually. It's a nice spell damage buff set with +magicka, +regen and + health (would be even better if it was + regen or magicka or spell power) that you can use instead of banging your head against the wall trying to get the necessary pieces of Scathing Mage or Overwhelming Surge to drop.

In other words, it's the poor man's hunding's rage for spell power.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quite simple actually. It's a nice spell damage buff set with +magicka, +regen and + health (would be even better if it was + regen or magicka or spell power) that you can use instead of banging your head against the wall trying to get the necessary pieces of Scathing Mage or Overwhelming Surge to drop.

In other words, it's the poor man's hunding's rage for spell power.
    @ScruffyWhiskers, I get the 4 piece purpose. It's #5 that baffles me (assuming it's still the rez bonus?)
    EDIT: Just saw it in the patch notes. Answered my own ? ;)

Thanks!
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on September 23, 2015 11:34AM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kahen40k wrote: »

One of my Sorc buddies was being one-shotted inside the two new PvE group dungeons (with shields up), when wearing 5 pieces of Kagrenac. He's not used to being that squishy.
  • GreyRanger
    GreyRanger
    ✭✭✭
    We're looking into it.

@ZOS_RichLambert, @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom so it has been a week. Would you please do us the kindness of updating us on the status of this?

Thank you in advance to the information.
  • phbell
    phbell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh boy... This explains ALOT. I too am wearing 5pc of V15 Kagrenac's (2 heavy, 3 light) and 2 pieces of Willows. Even though all my stats have gone up i am getting one-shotted where i never was before.
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Has anyone tried with lower quality (purple), lower level (V15) and/or other crafted V16 golden sets?

I use 5pc V15 Purple Kagnerac (3pc Heavy, 1 light, 1 medium) on my NB tank, and have definitely noticed this. Before Kagnerac, I used Shalidor's Curse for a week after IC dropped and was having a way easier time staying alive. At the time, I was thinking "man, imagine this survivability combined with the offensive power of Kagnerac!" But I actually became a lot squshier after I switched out Shalidor's Curse for Kagnerac. My build overall changed a lot from stamina to magicka, so I had just been chalking it up to the learning curve of the new build until I saw this thread. Today I was getting 36k hits from V16 bosses in vet Spindleclutch (with 28k physical and spell resist), and was actually saying WTF out loud. I assumed they had buffed bosses, but didn't recall it in the patch notes, and now I find this thread...
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on September 24, 2015 8:19PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Truewavesound
    Truewavesound
    ✭✭✭
    The confirmation bias is real.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Murmeltier wrote: »
    First this Thread starts an Alert against the Kagrenacs Set, then some say YES, some NO, it is all cool. So, how is the Status of this Set, is it ok or is it bugged?

It's not bugged. It's just some people can't handle damage in new dungeons.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • His Crayness
    So... the only actually extensive post (with testing and screenshots) suggests it is broken in specific instances with specific damage injects. Are we getting any official acknowledgedment? It is a pretty important set currently considering the drop rate of the other viable new DPS sets. There is another post about it in the PTS forum saying there were issues with it quite a while ago.
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »

some just cant handle the damage eh?

so explain it then since you seem to think you know all

kungmoo wrote: »
    here is another one for ya.....

[img][/img]ss7_zpsmkagcq7y.png

v14 martial

[img][/img]ss8_zpsmrlhx4ie.png

v16 kagrenac's

and yes, gonna go craft up a few lower sets to test this with and see if its related to the set or crafted/drop etc

love how some people think they are the kings of all

just because YOU didn't suffer from the bug does not mean it doesn't exist

now to the real reason I popped in....

changing sets while in IC sewers seems to be the trigger, at least for me

if I change sets while I'm in there, kagrenac's bugs

if I have it on when I go in, it does not bug

if I change into it then relog, it does not bug

it seems to me, that changing it while in there is stripping the battle spirit buff from my character, my healing also goes up on myself only when I change it while in there... though the battle spirit buff is still showing on my character page...

still testing though, will post what else I can find
    Edited by kungmoo on September 25, 2015 5:56AM
    Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Edward W. Howe
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

v14 martial

v16 kagrenac's

and yes, gonna go craft up a few lower sets to test this with and see if its related to the set or crafted/drop etc

it seems to me, that changing it while in there is stripping the battle spirit buff from my character, my healing also goes up on myself only when I change it while in there... though the battle spirit buff is still showing on my character page...

Does this also happens with other sets?
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• lifefrombelowb14_ESO
    It appears to happen with other sets. I tried it on an alt with entirely crafted armor. Compared to my normal toon with around 11k physical resist the toon with 16k physical resist that has all crafted armor is taking considerably higher damage from even the weakest mobs in the IC than the 11k with mixed crafted and tel var purchased set mixed.
  • Trashy Boy
    Trashy Boy
    ✭✭
    It is not just with that set as with my Templar which has ran through all of IC and damage is constant UNTIL I change weapons or armour and do not relog. If you relog after switching gear it seems to balance out. Saying that though I have still to test some more stuff to see whether certain mobs/bosses' damage is constant, I have noticed some freaky damage so might be a combination of problems. Sure it is not JUST the Kagrenacs set though!
    Typical Trash VR16 Sorcerer DC - EU, Skadooshh VR16 Templar - DC - EU, Dirty Trash VR14 DK - DC - EU, Totally Trashed VR16 Imperial Templar DC - EU GUILD - LEGIO MORTUUM DC - EU - PC
  • GreyRanger
    GreyRanger
    ✭✭✭

Kungmoo, thanks for your continued testing and for updating us. I have held off on crafting this set because of all this, but if changing sets in IC is the issue I can work around that.

I wonder if Zeni has done any testing or has any information they could share?

@ZOS_RichLambert would you care to chime in with an update?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. What would re-zoning? Does swithing between sewers and city have the same effect as relogging?
    Edited by code65536 on September 25, 2015 2:40PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Radburn
    Radburn
    ✭✭✭
    Great find @kungmoo

I also experienced this "bug" just after I had crafted my Vr16 Kagrenac's set and put it on. It seems to be a common link between all of us who have had the issue. We went from VR14 old gear to our new VR16 crafted Kagrenac's and could tell something was not right. It's like driving your car for years and suddenly, one day there is a different sound or feel coming from the engine. You know its not normal, something is wrong.

I believe you may have nailed it, when we change gear it does not apply the BS buff. Ever since coming across this thread I have swapped gear in an effort to test and because I was paranoid. Little did I know that is most likely what is causing it. The only counter to your theory is that when I crafted my gear in Bangkorai I put the gear on and then zoned into IC, so it may not be when you zone in. This really needs attention from ZOS and people who have the means to test properly...
    Edited by Radburn on September 25, 2015 3:53PM
  • His Crayness
    Yeah I would like this one sorted out sooner rather than later. I too have the set in v16 maxed out.
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

v14 martial

v16 kagrenac's

Does this also happens with other sets?

i didn't go through a lot of sets, but I did test magnus and it did not cause the issue
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Hmm. What would re-zoning? Does swithing between sewers and city have the same effect as relogging?

did not seem to help with the bug