Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Official Feedback Thread For ESO 2024 Global Reveal- The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Road!

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for tuning in for the global reveal. If you missed the live showing, the VOD of the main show is available here.

Now that The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Road has been revealed, we want to hear from you! Let us know what you think of the upcoming chapter. The things you like, dislike, or have general questions about. This is your thread to communicate your initial thoughts about Gold Road in general, Scribing, and The West Weald with the forum community and ZOS. We will use commentary posted here as a reference point for communication between now and Gold Road release.

Your constructive feedback will let us know what information we can better clarify leading up to launch and beyond. We look forward to hearing your thoughts on Gold Road!

*Friendly reminder to keep the Community Rules in mind when replying. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on February 8, 2024 4:36PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter

Official Feedback Thread For ESO 2024 Global Reveal- The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Road! 284 votes

Very excited for the upcoming Gold Road Chapter
53% 151 votes
Somewhat excited for the upcoming Gold Road Chapter
25% 71 votes
Wanted something different for the upcoming Gold Road Chapter
21% 62 votes
Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Feedback thread is now open, folks!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Nihilr
    Nihilr
    ✭✭✭
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

This is the most excited I've ever been for ESO.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's Go!
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I went from not sure I'd buy the chapter on release to definitely pre-ordering! Love what's coming and can't wait to play the prologue quest and then the new content!
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job team! I already pre-ordered. Stoked for this Chapter, as someone who just came back after skipping Necrom (Until it was on sale for $13 lol)

Can you please look into skinning animal summons if we are getting into more skill customization? I'm a Breton and don't really want to summon Vvardenfell animals.
    Edited by AScarlato on January 18, 2024 9:50PM
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No vet overland = huge miss unfortunately.

Also not convinced on scribing being spell crafting without you know…spells. Game needs destruction, alteration, illusion, etc skill lines for the system to shine.

Necromancer, Arcanist and Scribing are also by their archetype very magic focused. Would love for stamina builds to get some love in the form of spears and crossbow weapons.
    Edited by Fata1moose on January 19, 2024 6:20AM
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started the process of preordering the game before you formally announced it was available for preorder.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got home from husband's doc appointment - I'll watch the VOD when it shows up. But just from the articles, I'm pretty excited!

Scribing sounds like a LOT more fun than "spellcrafting" as outlined in 2014; I suppose it's similar, but seems as if a lot more thought has gone into it.

The zone sounds really great. I'm probably going to spring for the CE this year! Unless the mount is weird like the one from Necrom....

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed that Companions aren't coming with Chapter, but glad to see we're getting more in Q4.

However, from the sounds of the new Scribing, it does not seem like it will be for CLASS skills. Correct me if I'm wrong. So classes that primarily use their class skill line will not get anything from Scribing.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • JerBearESO
    JerBearESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'mma just Copy/Paste my response here to save time;

I am cautiously hyped for this. Credit to you guys where it is due, the systems you've announced has me eager to see how they really plan out.

Scribing sounds like a fair go at what Spellcrafting was once planned. Having a single skill per line being customizable sounds easier to balance them a whole list of new skills to craft.

Skill Styles sounds very cool, and I like the sound of them *all* being earnable in game, at least for now. Just need to see how many release. Now we need combat stances to round it off!

The zone itself does look very pretty, and this story they seem to be setting up is interesting. I am not familiar with ES lore so I can't tell if this prince is entirely new, or one that's just not been talked about much

Lastly, this Q4 update has me very curious about it. I've been in the game a long time, and I don't ever recall you guys dropping any update with even just the term 'PvP tied directly to it. I'm not really sure how to feel about this one. It gives me a little hope that PvP will actually see a worthwile update, an *actual* update and feature, but at the same time I am worried given PvP's current state. We will just have to see what it is, and how it is implemented when the times come.

Overall though, for the ZoS employees that may read this, you've peaked my interest. Let's see what you got!
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Veteran overland is still missing to complete the package.

Nonetheless you definitely got me with spellcr... ehm, scribing of course. Already preordered and looking forward to create broken OP builds on PTS.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was expecting a PVE version of Cyrodiil. Also, I am tired of that 2 dungeons on each Q1 because I never get to do them unless you make veteran difficulty to be like Arc 2 in Endless Archive only if you intent to solo it with your companion.
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of this area. Was really hoping for whiterun and winterhold. Disappointed beyond words
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh another save Tamriel from a Daedric Prince story. I know you can do better.

On the upside it looks stunning as per expectation. I'm not really interested in this spellcrafting thing but it might turn out to be better than it looks. I'll let others wade through that part.

I'm interested to delve into these other realms.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm slightly disappointed that companions don't arrive until quarter 4 but I like what I heard about everything else. I'm much more interested in how scribing was presented than how spellcrafting was originally presented.
  • Gray_howling_parrot
    Gray_howling_parrot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EXTREMELY thankful & EXTREMELY excited!

Zones look INCREDIBLE. Scribing system looks absolutely fantastic! Excited to hop into the new dungeons!
    ESO YouTube Content Creator & Templar Tank/Healer Main
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scribing and Styling sound extremely exciting! Especially Styling. It really feels good to have the roleplay elements of the game being addressed and improved. The more Styling variants, the better!!
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was expecting more for 10 years milestone, not gunna lie.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I believe someone on the stream said scribing features will be available via in-game rewards? Hopefully these rewards will be earnable through solo as well as group content.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was all ready to pre-purchase and start the plus account back up and get back to playing, but I'm not paying full price having only missed the Necrom chapter (skipped last year), I guess I'll hope for another Necrom sale before I purchase Gold Road and hope it comes before the pre-purchase period ends.
    Edited by Casdha on January 18, 2024 10:13PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    I believe someone on the stream said scribing features will be available via in-game rewards? Hopefully these rewards will be earnable through solo as well as group content.

The blog article addresses a quest line for getting Scribing started.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazador wrote: »
    I'm slightly disappointed that companions don't arrive until quarter 4 but I like what I heard about everything else. I'm much more interested in how scribing was presented than how spellcrafting was originally presented.

Optimistic that the Q4 companions means they’ll be more fleshed out with romance system being backported to the others as well. If nothing else it’ll give people some quest content in Q4.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    vsrs_au wrote: »

The blog article addresses a quest line for getting Scribing started.

I believe they said that STYLING would come from in-game rewards, not Scribing. So new skill styles would have to be earned, not sure how Scribing will work tho.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • AVaelham
    AVaelham
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    Was expecting more for 10 years milestone, not gunna lie.

I was expecting something related to the Three Banners War, but maybe Q4 has something on that.

Overall, I'm excited. West Weald is gorgeous. Ithelia looks intriguing, almost like a sister to Meridia. I wonder...
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Werewolf be able to use the Scribing system? I saw that the World skill lines were mentioned for Skill Styles, but it's ambiguous whether the Werewolf skill line will get a Grimoire like the Weapon skill lines will.
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am impressed and amazed by the challenges the dev team has taken up to deliver outstanding content over the years. There's so much depth to the game that grows exponentially full fulling promises and dreams. Scribing is a welcome surprise from otherwise lost words.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great stream! It was nice to see some fresh faces on the stream too!

Beyond excited for the new content, especially Scribing. Looking forward to seeing more details on that; feels like that will breathe some life into my alts. The skill styling looks promising as well. Nice to see it will be earnable in-game. And I'm excited for what that means for the mysterious housing update as well. My interests are certainly piqued!

The roadmap for the year looks promising too. New skill system, new customization, new housing, and a PVP update? Just wow. I truly wish you guys luck delivering all of that this year, it sounds like a lot of long-time-coming stuff is on the horizon. This really could be ESO's best year yet.
    Edited by Destai on January 19, 2024 4:05PM
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was a great cinematic and I'm definitely hyped for the next!!
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm cautiously optimistic and will most likely pre-order the chapter.

My main interest for the chapter is the "Scribing" system, which I think has a lot of potential. I'm a bit concerned about not being able to modify class skills with it, but most my my characters rely on weapon skills anyway so I'll probably get much use out of it.
    Skingrad looks great and I'm looking forward to explore it.

There are a few things I don't like:

- Being forced to work with Leramil again. I already hated her when I played Necrom on the PTS, as I found her highly annoying. Admittedly it didn't help that her dialog writing wasn't great and that she was everywhere...
    - Fenarion showing up again and most likely as a questgiver. Forcing players to be friendly to vampires is not good writing, which ruined Greymoor for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having the option to be friends or being accepting of a vampire but don't force it on me.

Not getting new companions until much later this year was an unpleasant surprise. I just hope the wait is worth it.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester