Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official Feedback Thread For ESO 2024 Global Reveal- The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Road!

• Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Incredibly disappointing to be honest. Just one new zone and skill styling for me basically(maybe housing update in Q3). If anything would be done with scribing it would have been cooler to have a new Scribe class which could make its own class spells/skills instead of altering existing ones. A new ToT deck doesn't interest me either, I already dislike many of the decks we have now.

Not playing dungeons at all at the moment(fix speedrunners/fake roles), and do not care at all about the PvP coming in Q4(happy for PvPers to finally get something, but is further splitting the already very small PvP community smart to do?). Having to wait for Q4 for two new companions isn't fun either. And I really hope the new overland world events are not forced grouping like harrowstorms and bastion nymic, as that would take a major chunk of fun out of the new zone. Quality of life stuff is always good though.

Was expecting a new class(scribe), a CP update/expansion(3.0), and atleast two new companions with the new expansion. Really really disappointing, sorry ZOS. The tenth year anniversary should bring more to be honest.

PS: Do we get more character slots with the new expansion?
    PPS: Are the Q4 companions paired with the PvP in one DLC? (not interested in PvP)
    I was excited before the reveal. Now, not excited at all. Apart from the quests I feel there is nothing their for me.
    Second this!
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin the roadmap has caused a bit of confusion for me regarding Companions. Are we still going to get them with the Gold Road Chapter?

It's not two extra, those are just delayed to q4.
  • Punches_Below_Belt
    Punches_Below_Belt
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin the roadmap has caused a bit of confusion for me regarding Companions. Are we still going to get them with the Gold Road Chapter?

Looks like ZOS needed a bone to throw to PVEers in the fourth quarter since they started scaling back content last year. Another very quiet third and fourth quarters. So many new, good fantasy RPG’s out now. ZOS picked the wrong time to reduce the value of ESO+ and cede six months of the year to others.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like ZOS needed a bone to throw to PVEers in the fourth quarter since they started scaling back content last year.

To me it looks like they're reducing it even more, if companions aren't part of the chapter anymore but have to be brought seperately in a q4 dlc.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • RMW
    RMW
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP Update let's go!
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to finding out about Ithelia. I'm particularly interested in discovering if there is a mortal who has instigated Ithelia's intervention in Nirn, as well as details concerning her relationship with her own plane of Oblivion.

Scribing looks as if it will be useful. I hope it will help me fill some of the skill gaps in my many Oakensoul builds.

I was a bit disappointed with Skingrad's architecture. Shabby looking, half-wooden buildings. Not something I remember from TES IV. I was hoping for some high class Imperial buildings and furnishings to work with.

I'm glad Companions have been pushed back to Q4. They were a distraction from the Chapter content.

And now we're getting a "Battle Royal" too :o;)
    PC EU
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad Companions have been pushed back to Q4. They were a distraction from the Chapter content.

I'm exactly of the opposite opinion: Companions were commenting on things that happened during the chapter's main quest, which was always a nice thing to see. This won't be the case anymore.

Or if so, I'd probably not going to realize anytime soon, because I'll play through the chapter when it releases in June and won't wait until the companion release in November for that (also won't replay it that fast, if I've finished it the first time just 5 months ago).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like ZOS needed a bone to throw to PVEers in the fourth quarter since they started scaling back content last year. Another very quiet third and fourth quarters. So many new, good fantasy RPG’s out now. ZOS picked the wrong time to reduce the value of ESO+ and cede six months of the year to others.

We're having no idea what those q3-q4 would bring overall, and any time to stop and reconsider is a good time as it's better start earlier than later with game improvements instead of just bloating it with same formula. It can be a flop obviously, won't be surprised either way.

Also aren't they planning to occupy playerbase with overload of events this year? Pretty sure those won't be much of PvP or endgame ones, as always. Especially when year is pretty dry on content as for how it looks rn.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /

I have been waiting for them to catch up ESO Plus after the content reduction they started in 2023.

Fixed year
    Edited by Elsonso on January 19, 2024 1:48PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Gold Road seems like an odd name for the chapter. I suppose it makes some sense with the new princes untraveled road bit and might make more sense if the PvP later involves the road but, it seems a little odd.

Gold Road is the name of the main road between the Imperial City and Anvil, passing through Skingrad and bordering Kvatch (and also Sutch, as far as I know).

The main roads of Cyrodiil all have a color attributed to them. For example, the Green Road is the road from the Imperial City (or, more precise, shore of Lake Rumare) to Bravil and Leyawiin. The Blue Road leads from Lake Rumare to Cheydinhal.

I was meaning that it's like calling the DLC for the state of Nevada "Interstate 80" when you already had released multiple other states that also included Interstate 80 and it doesn't look like the Interstate will be a major part of the content.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was meaning that it's like calling the DLC for the state of Nevada "Interstate 80" when you already had released multiple other states that also included Interstate 80 and it doesn't look like the Interstate will be a major part of the content.

I see. Yeah, I agree with that. Actually I expected them to call the chapter "Skingrad" or maybe "West Weald".
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • nebula3832
    nebula3832
    ✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    nebula3832 wrote: »
    Ok Australian player here with question
    Global reveal was live at 3am my time so missed out on stream rewards
    Will it be available again to claim
    And somewhere i can see a more suitable time for us in Australia perth?
    The reveal stream started at 8am Melbourne time, and we're only 3 hours ahead of you, not 5.

Thankyou [snip] for your input on correcting the time it went live 5am perth time....it makes no difference im asking the forum for info where I could see other streams at more suitable time not asking you our time difference

[edited for trolling]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 19, 2024 3:24PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see. Yeah, I agree with that. Actually I expected them to call the chapter "Skingrad" or maybe "West Weald".

No one knows what West Weald is. :smile: They could have called it Skingrad, though. It is more than the city, but so was Necrom.

However, Anvil and area was called Gold Coast, so Gold Road leading to Gold Coast makes sense to me and fits the pattern for naming in the area. (Gold something)
    Edited by Elsonso on January 19, 2024 2:37PM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

No one knows what West Weald is. :smile: They could have called it Skingrad, though. It is more than the city, but so was Necrom.

However, Anvil and area was called Gold Coast, so Gold Road leading to Gold Coast makes sense to me and fits the pattern for naming in the area. (Gold something)

West Weald and Gold Road already existed.
    so lots of Elder Scrolls fans would know what they are.
    it's a region of Cyrodiil and a road in Cyrodiil that we also had in TES 4.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one knows what West Weald is.

No one knew what "Greymoor" was, either ;) Although, yeah, marketing-wise it probably made sense ("Grey! Moor! How dark and mysterious!"). Maybe they should have named the new chapter "Wine Country".
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • AlexanderDeLarge
    AlexanderDeLarge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another questing zone that adds 100+ quests where I kill everything in two clicks and it takes a minute and a half to kill me in a game full of dozens of zones and thousands of quests just like it. Yawn. Haven't bothered playing any of the chapters since Elsweyr (2018) and this is very unfortunately continuing that streak.

This is particularly frustrating because it's something so simple that could be immediately remedied with a very basic implementation of a debuff memento/difficulty slider. Without it, I'm not logging in, much less spending money on content that isn't enjoyable.

The chapter itself looks great just like every other chapter they've done, but that's not enough if the gameplay puts me to sleep. Shame I won't be able to enjoy it in the slightest because High Isle/Necrom/Gold Road are straight up my alley as a Daggerfall/Morrowind/Oblivion fan.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 7 paid expansions. 22 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the vast majority of this game.

"ESO doesn't need a harder overland" on YouTube for a video of a naked level 3 character AFKing in front of a bear for a minute and a half before dying
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMW wrote: »
    PvP Update let's go!

The new PvP Feature is definetly nice (and needed)! The content creators said it won't be a Cyro update but still ^^
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No one knew what "Greymoor" was, either ;) Although, yeah, marketing-wise it probably made sense ("Grey! Moor! How dark and mysterious!"). Maybe they should have named the new chapter "Wine Country".

I think West Weald sounds less interesting than Greymoor, Blackwood, and Necrom, though.

Also, the new zone includes parts of other regions, like Colovia and the Forest.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I like wine. 🍷
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the small zone dlc better then the chapters usually. I spend more time in galen then high isle. I am actually very saddened they appear to completely stop doing that.

It was very much what kept the game alive through the last half the year. The chapter will take all of us 1 or 2 months to finish everything we want from it. Then we have basically 10 months to wait til a new zone.

Having the Q4 small zone dlc really reeled you back into the game for the winter season. Now tho,

2 companions is not going to motivate me enough. Especially when they probably won't be the companions I want. Which would be an altmer NOT NECROMANCER (I will actually cru if they give us a high elf and he is a necro) and a bosmer.
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope the housing feature is mannequins and weapon racks where we can display outfits and weapons. Not sure how this still isn’t a thing.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fata1moose wrote: »
    I really hope the housing feature is mannequins and weapon racks where we can display outfits and weapons. Not sure how this still isn’t a thing.

That would be cool. It would be neat to create an armory with target dummies (I wish we had plain wooden target dummies with a literaal target on them vs mobs).
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP Update let's go!

Watch it be a new battleground map, or a new battleground type.

I hope it's raised item limits. The only thing that would get me interested in housing again.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • DirtyDeeds765
    DirtyDeeds765
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not that excited. We are getting about 11 customizable skills when the chapter launches with more to come after? We aren't even getting a complete system. As well as the ability to change the colors of some abilities with some more cosmetic changes, again, to come?

This is a big step back from getting an entirely new class last year. The chapters should have been flip flopped.

The new housing feature and pvp feature have me curious.. but no word on what they are.

This is the 10 year anniversary of ESO. This chapter should be the biggest bang by far. It's not. I want more content. Not more skills to do the same content with.

@DirtyDeeds765
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I instantly pre-ordered the Deluxe Upgrade because the beauty of the region vibes with me.
    With that said, I have an opinion about "customizing skill styles"...

I understand the reasoning behind the eventual choice to make - "unlock one single style for one specific skill". But I would really love if it would be more like the Dyeing system, where I unlock one color and I can apply it to everything. Here's why...

I think I would enjoy playing an Arcanist but despite having the class I never made a character because of the green color. I would immediately create one if I could instantly change all his Skills to blue, varying them over time when I'll unlock more colors. It would be a pain having to unlock one single color for one single skill at a time hoping that I like said new color.

This is my primary feedback for now.

From what we saw, well done art team! With the aesthetic of landscapes and enemies.

I'm just a bit sad that the 2 new Companions will arrivate late this year, but I can appreciate the fact that at least they'll give me something to do in November, since I'm not into PvP.

Edit - as for the stream quality: I appreciated the presence of the Lord of the region and the Lady of the Skills, I mean that they spoke with a tone that sounded proud and in love with their creation, they had good presence.
    Edited by SkaiFaith on January 28, 2024 8:00AM
    A: "We, as humans, should respect and take care of each other like in a Co-op, not a PvP 🌸"
    B: "Too many words. Words bad. Won't read. ⚔️"
  • Nihilr
    Nihilr
    ✭✭✭

Huh?

ESO+ monetarily supports the decisions that they are making. Just because the content becomes part of the base game, doesn't devalue ESO+. It means that we agree with the direction they are going in. If the last quarters add content to the base game for *everyone* to enjoy, that adds value for all players and I support that.

ESO+ is needed practically to keep up with all of the crafting materials at this point, so if you're cancelling because you didn't get a free 2nd half to a chapter because they were *generous* enough in previous years, doesn't set that as a new standard. That is pure greed. You never perform your job at maximum output everyday for the rest of your life. Sometimes you change how you do your job. Does that mean you punish yourself for it? Makes no sense this logic that it'll be the same formula for every chapter year. Especially when players are constantly whining in these forums (and other locations of discussion) about how they feel these DLCs never met their expectations.

Can never satisfy everyone. And it seems *majority* are happy with the content each year (Even if I've fallen to disappointment a few times).
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll point out one thing, since I read people asking for a return to 2 region DLCs a year.

I can't talk for everybody but when players asked to stop the yearly stories I think what they wanted to say was "please do again something like Summerset + Murkmire", so separate stories, because the problem we wanted solved was regarding your writers being limited in artful expression because they had to stick to a formula of a single story divided in two, which made things too predictable.

I agree with those who say they miss the November region DLC, but I would really avoid returning to a yearly story, because it ruined writing, in a way.
    A: "We, as humans, should respect and take care of each other like in a Co-op, not a PvP 🌸"
    B: "Too many words. Words bad. Won't read. ⚔️"
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spellcrafting has been something I have wanted for a long time. So any attempt at implementing a system like this gets my juices flowing! I will be patiently waiting for more deets on scribing and looking forward to trying it.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    No vet overland = no buy unfortunately.

Also not convinced on scribing being spell crafting without you know…spells.

Because it's obviously not Spell Crafting as everyone envisioned it to be. It's Spell Customization. Probably what ZOS was only capable of doing within the confines of the existing code and gameplay mechanics. We have to appreciate what we can get, not demand what we want.
    XSTRONG wrote: »
    All I can say is boring [snip],

Only interesting thing was the new PvP feature in like a year from now and im not even a pvp player so...

So then what's NOT boring to you? What we saw is the meat and potatoes of ESO.

[edited to remove quote]

I will buy the new chapter when it releases just because of the scribing stuff.

But a new zone with same old wb,delves, public dungeons just with a diffrent look, dont get me excited to spend 50 usd, I have eso+ so I would have gotten the good stuff anyway, New dungeons, QoL updates and probably the new PvP feature.

Since its 10 year anniversary I expected more but anyway im gonna pay them 50 usd so I can use scribing so who cares lol

Hoping the new World events are gonna be cool.
    Edited by XSTRONG on January 19, 2024 5:50PM
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    PvP Update let's go!

Watch it be a new battleground map, or a new battleground type.

I hope it's raised item limits. The only thing that would get me interested in housing again.

I'm also hoping for this. It's 2024 I need it.