Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official Feedback Thread For ESO 2024 Global Reveal- The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Road!

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    It would be odd to have Raz as a companion and use him when you run through quests with him though.

That's why, as soon as you get close to the quest npc Raz, companion Raz should automatically despawn.
    No guarantee you won't get the companion before doing the quest with them.

They could make it compulsory to finish these quests first before the npc is unlocked as a companion.

They could, but it could get VERY CONFUSING. Imagine Razumdar (sp?). You would need to complete most of the Auridon questline first, plus Gold Cost and some other places.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could, but it could get VERY CONFUSING. Imagine Razumdar (sp?). You would need to complete most of the Auridon questline first, plus Gold Cost and some other places.

They could make completing the original zone/faction quests the prerequisite, for Raz that would be Dominion, for Naryu it would be Pact. I know there are quests in other zones where we meet them again, but the way they address us there depends on whether we've met them in the base zones before. So this would be no problem.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Nihilr wrote: »
    Looks like ZOS needed a bone to throw to PVEers in the fourth quarter since they started scaling back content last year. Another very quiet third and fourth quarters. So many new, good fantasy RPG’s out now. ZOS picked the wrong time to reduce the value of ESO+ and cede six months of the year to others.
    Huh?

ESO+ monetarily supports the decisions that they are making. Just because the content becomes part of the base game, doesn't devalue ESO+. It means that we agree with the direction they are going in. If the last quarters add content to the base game for *everyone* to enjoy, that adds value for all players and I support that.

ESO+ is needed practically to keep up with all of the crafting materials at this point, so if you're cancelling because you didn't get a free 2nd half to a chapter because they were *generous* enough in previous years, doesn't set that as a new standard. That is pure greed. You never perform your job at maximum output everyday for the rest of your life. Sometimes you change how you do your job. Does that mean you punish yourself for it? Makes no sense this logic that it'll be the same formula for every chapter year. Especially when players are constantly whining in these forums (and other locations of discussion) about how they feel these DLCs never met their expectations.

Can never satisfy everyone. And it seems *majority* are happy with the content each year (Even if I've fallen to disappointment a few times).

They reduced the ESO Plus content. Still charging the same amount for ESO Plus, though. :neutral:

The craft bag, double housing furniture limit, costume dyeing, and a boatload of crowns with every renewal more than pays for me.

It's nice, true, but there is still less with ESO Plus than there used to be for the same amount of money.

Kinda like how my Apartment hasn't changed at all but Management keeps hiking the rent every year.
    Edited by ArchMikem on January 23, 2024 4:05AM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • AllenaNightWood
    AllenaNightWood
    ✭✭✭
    i cant wait for this expansion its gonna be so fun and will be my first time seeing West Weald becasue i never played oblivion
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant wait for this expansion its gonna be so fun and will be my first time seeing West Weald becasue i never played oblivion

Oblivion is a GREAT game. I'm still playing it (and Skyrim) along with ESO. You can get mods now to make the potato head characters not quite so bad. And - well, the whole game is just so much fun!

I've played TES since Arena released in 1994 - I've never regretted time in these games. [Um. To be totally truthful and perfectly fair.... I actually did not like Morrowind - TES 3 - and never finished it.... but the rest of them kept me occupied and having fun for tens of thousands of hours over the last 30 years].

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

Oblivion is a GREAT game. I'm still playing it (and Skyrim) along with ESO. You can get mods now to make the potato head characters not quite so bad. And - well, the whole game is just so much fun!

I've played TES since Arena released in 1994 - I've never regretted time in these games. [Um. To be totally truthful and perfectly fair.... I actually did not like Morrowind - TES 3 - and never finished it.... but the rest of them kept me occupied and having fun for tens of thousands of hours over the last 30 years].

I’m just the opposite! Loved TES III for how different and intense it was (no passive health recovery and scaled enemies so venturing onto a ruin had actual tension). And you could do anything! Want to join House Telvanni? Can do! Want to free slaves and join their movement? Can do that too! It was also my first RPG. :)
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Incredibly disappointing to be honest. Just one new zone and skill styling for me basically(maybe housing update in Q3). If anything would be done with scribing it would have been cooler to have a new Scribe class which could make its own class spells/skills instead of altering existing ones. A new ToT deck doesn't interest me either, I already dislike many of the decks we have now.

Not playing dungeons at all at the moment(fix speedrunners/fake roles), and do not care at all about the PvP coming in Q4(happy for PvPers to finally get something, but is further splitting the already very small PvP community smart to do?). Having to wait for Q4 for two new companions isn't fun either. And I really hope the new overland world events are not forced grouping like harrowstorms and bastion nymic, as that would take a major chunk of fun out of the new zone. Quality of life stuff is always good though.

Was expecting a new class(scribe), a CP update/expansion(3.0), and atleast two new companions with the new expansion. Really really disappointing, sorry ZOS. The tenth year anniversary should bring more to be honest.

PS: Do we get more character slots with the new expansion?
    PPS: Are the Q4 companions paired with the PvP in one DLC? (not interested in PvP)
    I was excited before the reveal. Now, not excited at all. Apart from the quests I feel there is nothing their for me.
    Second this!
    Follow up: Even though I am quite disappointed with what has been shown for entire 2024 and Gold Road, I did preorder Gold Road. As ESO is still a great game and I still plan to play for years to come.

But I am really really really hoping ZOS has a few more major announcements for this year. I am hoping ZOS will still wow us with something major they have yet to announce. As this is not how the tenth anniversary year should feel to me.

PS: Still wondering if we get more character slots with Gold Road. Any word on this ZOS?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I am really really really hoping ZOS has a few more major announcements for this year. I am hoping ZOS will still wow us with something major they have yet to announce. As this is not how the tenth anniversary year should feel to me.

PS: Still wondering if we get more character slots with Gold Road. Any word on this ZOS?

There is still room to "Wow" us with whatever they are doing for Furniture, and the PVP thing in the 4th quarter.

They haven't announced anything that would make me expect a new character slot.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scribing looks cool and I am excited for the new feature.

However, I am quite disappointed the companions got pushed back to Q4. They have become a staple of buying the chapter the past three years and now we are getting less. Will the companions be free to all now as a base game feature? Or will this be a "you need to buy the chapter to get them but we just won't have them finished in time" situation?
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is one of my top requests every year. Unfortunately, they didn't add any between Necromancer and Arcanist, so I doubt they will add any this year.
  • beowulf_darkknight_ESO
    I'm very excited for this upcoming chapter since the last one did leave off with a cliffhanger. Getting back into Cyrodiil will be great, plus we now have Scribing. Sounds like there's going to be many variations to add to our characters to help us along.

I did hear Fennorian is back! That's one of the biggest selling points for me. As long as he's not killed off or paired with Melina (which was weird considering her letters to you vs finding her in the Reach randomly???), it's all good! Although it sorta sounds like that will permanently take him off the table for being a houseguest or companion (darn it).

The new daedric prince. Feels like ESO has added more lore into the mythos of TES, which also feels like there might be a dragonbreak, just to account for some of this lore being post all the previous games. I sorta get Scarlet Witch vibes from her though.

Also, thank you for letting us beat on Vaermina! Sincerely, the Erandur squad.
    I make mods when I'm not gaming. Search for SyntheticCourierSix on Tumblr for updates on my Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE mod creations.

• laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some clearer information about your plans for PvP and performance would've been nice and an explanation for why the Companions appear to be added in Q4 instead of coming with the chapter as well.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They could make completing the original zone/faction quests the prerequisite, for Raz that would be Dominion, for Naryu it would be Pact. I know there are quests in other zones where we meet them again, but the way they address us there depends on whether we've met them in the base zones before. So this would be no problem.

Raz has too many questlines to fully cover him first.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I seriously doubt any furniture upgrade will wow me.

I would appreciate a Furniture Bag, but I doubt that would wow me.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • HushAzrael
    HushAzrael
    ✭✭✭
    Super excited about the zone — been peering over/through that dang fence for years now— and the story is fine too. Scribing sounds like it’s going to be a total game breaking disaster, but hopefully I’m wrong. I’ve been wrong before, but rarely. Fix the mess you made of my nightblade!!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then maybe he should not become a companion, but there are so many other side quest npcs who are interesting and where making them a companion wouldn't be too complicated, because they show up only once or twice.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Then maybe he should not become a companion, but there are so many other side quest npcs who are interesting and where making them a companion wouldn't be too complicated, because they show up only once or twice.

I just saw him as a good example of both what many would probably like and the risks involved.

Not sure of other NPCs as none astounded me greatly, but perhaps you are correct.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure of other NPCs as none astounded me greatly, but perhaps you are correct.

In the end, tastes differ. I could think of a few I'd enjoy as a companion, and in the "Make quest npcs companions, please" threads that pop up every now and then there are always more than enough suggestions (sometimes npcs I can't even remember, but that's how it is).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Hanoan
    Hanoan
    ✭✭✭
    No pain, no gain. No overland difficulty options, no buy.
    Edited by Hanoan on January 27, 2024 4:05AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did hear Fennorian is back! That's one of the biggest selling points for me. As long as he's not killed off

Getting killed off is unlikely, since they have to write around him showing up in Greymoor for players who play the zones out of order.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There is still room to "Wow" us with whatever they are doing for Furniture, and the PVP thing in the 4th quarter.

They haven't announced anything that would make me expect a new character slot.
    Thanks for the responses. But I doubt a housing feature is going to wow me. Because I only go to my house when I need to, all other times I am out and about doing something in the world. Though a furniture bag would make me stop using houses as storage spaces, but this is more of a QoL feature than a housing feature. Which should already have been in the game. And totally not interested in PvP at all, so that 100% won't wow me. The opposite actually, I already dread knowing ZOS is going to have us go do the new PvP thingy.
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine Skill Styling is a lot like using the Slate-Gray Summoned Bear collectible. Can we expect to see the Slate-Gray Summoned Bear collectible moved to the same category as the new Skill Styles, rather than being alone in the Special category?

As of now, there are tons of Customized Actions in their own category, the Slate-Gray Summoned Bear in its own Special category, and we'll probably see Skill Styles in their own category. That's three different categories for collectibles which all do vaguely similar things, i.e. change the appearance of some action or ability. Maybe all three (Skill Styles, Customized Actions, Slate-Gray Summoned Bear) could be moved to the same category?
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine Skill Styling is a lot like using the Slate-Gray Summoned Bear collectible. Can we expect to see the Slate-Gray Summoned Bear collectible moved to the same category as the new Skill Styles, rather than being alone in the Special category?

As of now, there are tons of Customized Actions in their own category, the Slate-Gray Summoned Bear in its own Special category, and we'll probably see Skill Styles in their own category. That's three different categories for collectibles which all do vaguely similar things, i.e. change the appearance of some action or ability. Maybe all three (Skill Styles, Customized Actions, Slate-Gray Summoned Bear) could be moved to the same category?

If it is as simple as the color of the bear it will flop.

The fact that replacement animations cost Crowns was already a travesty. Just making things be colored differently will add minimal value.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact that replacement animations cost Crowns was already a travesty. Just making things be colored differently will add minimal value.

Here's what we know about Skill Styling:
    k6n13rxkakcp.png

I believe that this is effectively an extension of the Customized Actions system. We know that they are collectibles, so they can be equipped in a similar manner. This also makes them similar to the Slate-Gray Summoned Bear collectible.

Skill Styles are referred to as "color variations" of abilities. When they say "there's a lot more planned for them beyond the Chapter", they might be hinting at an extension of the system — remember how the Recall animation was initially only recolored, but then entirely new Recall animations were made? I wouldn't be surprised if Skill Styles eventually replaced more than just colors.

I'd imagine that Skill Styles theoretically could change the look and sound of skills. I'd imagine at launch, we'll just have basic recolors, but maybe in the future, we could get Skill Styles to do things like change the models of abilities like combat pets or transformation abilities. Maybe it could change the model of the Silver Bolts crossbow, or other similar abilities which hide your weapon.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

k6n13rxkakcp.png

I believe that this is effectively an extension of the Customized Actions system. We know that they are collectibles, so they can be equipped in a similar manner. This also makes them similar to the Slate-Gray Summoned Bear collectible.

Skill Styles are referred to as "color variations" of abilities. When they say "there's a lot more planned for them beyond the Chapter", they might be hinting at an extension of the system — remember how the Recall animation was initially only recolored, but then entirely new Recall animations were made? I wouldn't be surprised if Skill Styles eventually replaced more than just colors.

I'd imagine that Skill Styles theoretically could change the look and sound of skills. I'd imagine at launch, we'll just have basic recolors, but maybe in the future, we could get Skill Styles to do things like change the models of abilities like combat pets or transformation abilities. Maybe it could change the model of the Silver Bolts crossbow, or other similar abilities which hide your weapon.

I heard they would be earnable in-game, but they do say "more to come" thus leaving the door wide open for Crown versions. That said, my comment was more that customization should not cost Crowns.

Even getting a shave and a haircut costs Crowns!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

k6n13rxkakcp.png

I heard they would be earnable in-game, but they do say "more to come" thus leaving the door wide open for Crown versions. That said, my comment was more that customization should not cost Crowns.

These are purely cosmetic things, and in any game where there is no mandatory subscription there has to be some form of revenue generation, and it's highly preferable for that to relate to paying for cosmetic things otherwise we go down the Pay to Win route.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

k6n13rxkakcp.png

These are purely cosmetic things, and in any game where there is no mandatory subscription there has to be some form of revenue generation, and it's highly preferable for that to relate to paying for cosmetic things otherwise we go down the Pay to Win route.

Bah. You don't have to make EVERYTHING have a Crown cost. This is a false argument. If it was valid, all the new stuff would also be Crown-based, which was explicitly avoided, except for the open-ended "future" stuff.

You can sell outfits, mounts, houses, etc. You don't have to make me pay to have a shave and a haricut! I am also an ESO+ sub on both PC and PS5, so it doesn't need to be Crowns there.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭

k6n13rxkakcp.png

Don't forget that ESO is B2P and every chapter costs half of the price of the flocking Baldur's Gate 3, just the basic upgrade. But they still have monetization model and prices of an F2P game.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but doesn't it always seem like the in-game stuff ends up being pretty bland while the pay cosmetics are shiny prismatic ones? I mean, you can pretty much guess that if someone has a flashy mount with fancy mounting animations and beams of light and lots of noise that it came from the Crown Store, likely Crown Crates.

I think we can expect that with spell customization. In the game, we can earn one or two colors, but in the Crown Store, we will be able to get golden shiny ones that dance and swirl before our eyes.

Holding the "good stuff" for the Crown Store? :neutral:

Edit: reworded
    Edited by Elsonso on January 28, 2024 12:39PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but doesn't it always seem like the in-game stuff ends up being pretty bland while the pay cosmetics are shiny prismatic ones? I mean, you can pretty much guess that if someone has a flashy mount with fancy mounting animations and beams of light and lots of noise that it came from the Crown Store, likely Crown Crates.

I think we can expect that with spell customization. In the game, we can earn one or two colors, but in the Crown Store, we will be able to get golden shiny ones that dance and swirl before our eyes.

Holding the "good stuff" for the Crown Store? :neutral:

Edit: reworded

I guess that's down to basic market forces. If they put all the flashy stuff in the game and the plain stuff in the Crown Store, who would buy it?