Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official Feedback Thread For ESO 2024 Global Reveal- The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Road!

• Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty excited. I hope we will be able to change spells and their animations for different magic types (so I can finally make a legit ice DPS warden)

I am also excited to see what housing options we get in Skingrad. The style looks amazing. Looks like a lot of fun.

And...this is kinda lame I guess, but I REALLY like the pre-order Eyebright Raven pet "Known as some of hte smartest birds in all of Tamriel, the Eyebright Ravens name for exceptional pets." Ravens are insanely intelligent IRL. They will even fashion tools to solve problems, they remember faces and remember the interaction. They will troll you, or bring you trinkets. I think its really cool to put this pet in game and I especially love the write up for it.

"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendaric wrote: »
    I'm cautiously optimistic and will most likely pre-order the chapter.

My main interest for the chapter is the "Scribing" system, which I think has a lot of potential. I'm a bit concerned about not being able to modify class skills with it, but most my my characters rely on weapon skills anyway so I'll probably get much use out of it.
    Skingrad looks great and I'm looking forward to explore it.

There are a few things I don't like:

- Being forced to work with Leramil again. I already hated her when I played Necrom on the PTS, as I found her highly annoying. Admittedly it didn't help that her dialog writing wasn't great and that she was everywhere...
    - Fenarion showing up again and most likely as a questgiver. Forcing players to be friendly to vampires is not good writing, which ruined Greymoor for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having the option to be friends or being accepting of a vampire but don't force it on me.

Not getting new companions until much later this year was an unpleasant surprise. I just hope the wait is worth it.

Have to agree about Fennorian. So not my cuppa. Hope whatever quests he's handing out are things I can just not bother with....

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q4 PvP has me feeling as excited as 2017 when warden was released. You have my support again, don’t let us down.
    PvP needs more love.
  • LatentBuzzard
    LatentBuzzard
    ✭✭✭
    BenTSG wrote: »
    Skill Styles sounds very cool, and I like the sound of them *all* being earnable in game, at least for now.

vsrs_au wrote: »
    I believe someone on the stream said scribing features will be available via in-game rewards? Hopefully these rewards will be earnable through solo as well as group content.

Read the wording of their article carefully.

"At the launch of Gold Road, you can unlock these Skill Styles as in-game rewards, but there’s a lot more planned for them beyond the Chapter, too."

The keywords are "at launch". You may be able to earn the ones that are in the game "at launch" but you can guarantee that after those they will be selling them in the Crown Store just like customisable actions. The earnable ones are the taster but after that you will have to pay.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    beautiful chapter!
    beautiful zone!
    beautiful animals!!
    beautiful ayleid ruins!!
    beautiful ithelia!

i am really excited to explore the chapter in spring/summer! i love the bosmeri area of Dawnwood, Skingrad looks fun, and it seems like another favourite chapter.
    scribing seems fun too :3

that new mantikore mount also is amazing! and a raven pet wow.

some pictures i love under spoilers
    tscsmxb32dq4.jpg
    4iqr7xlm03qr.jpg
    ithelia's statue looks amazing.

v0i0bvwb1ksz.jpg
    love this indrik and that armour!

63sx288iz3ix.jpg
    59s6fuo8y27s.jpg
    zdzcz22zhk5k.jpg
    amazing bosmer area with Dawnwood!!
    i hope we get multiple new bosmeri houses

v8s8f01eb2sm.jpg
    ciqkbjhic8zo.jpg
    3mnv4gskvzdq.jpg
    skingrad looks fantastic! i love the new banner.

7kbpx0v5escg.jpg
    59knhnxjel23.jpg
    orkqgg74awb7.jpg
    abmo0pgsy6x6.jpg
    cute animalsss
    Edited by LunaFlora on January 18, 2024 10:20PM
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can say is boring [snip],

Only interesting thing was the new PvP feature in like a year from now and im not even a pvp player so...

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 19, 2024 3:16PM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the screenshots @LunaFlora!

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

• vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BenTSG wrote: »
    Skill Styles sounds very cool, and I like the sound of them *all* being earnable in game, at least for now.

vsrs_au wrote: »
    I believe someone on the stream said scribing features will be available via in-game rewards? Hopefully these rewards will be earnable through solo as well as group content.

Read the wording of their article carefully.

"At the launch of Gold Road, you can unlock these Skill Styles as in-game rewards, but there’s a lot more planned for them beyond the Chapter, too."

The keywords are "at launch". You may be able to earn the ones that are in the game "at launch" but you can guarantee that after those they will be selling them in the Crown Store just like customisable actions. The earnable ones are the taster but after that you will have to pay.
    Do you have any source for the underlined part? Also, there's no need to be rude, using phrases such as "read carefully".
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was about what I expected. Scribing, eh. Need to see it before I get hyped and even then, buttons in ESO rarely feel fun to press.

Q4 being something I have no interest in for the second year in a row kinda sucks. Whatever this new pvp thing is, please for the love of god don't give it an event or force it on us. Midyear Mayham is too much as it is.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Scribing sounds like a LOT more fun than "spellcrafting" as outlined in 2014; I suppose it's similar, but seems as if a lot more thought has gone into it.

Six years of thought, I bet! 😊
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purchased! Purchased Necrom right away too, but this time love the new mount and pre-order pet! :lol:

Sooo excited to see more Ayleid content and learn about this lost Prince and the zone looks gorgeous too! Also looking forward to the new scribing system — I love customization! :)

At first I was sad there weren’t going to be new companions but I’m happy to see more to come later in the year!

(Edit: silly typo)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on January 18, 2024 11:54PM
  • Redtrek524
    Redtrek524
    ✭✭
    I'm glad some form of spell crafting has finally been implemented. It wasn’t my top wish, but its nice to see. I really hope some form of crossbows will be added in a future update. The little pistol crossbow skill is played out.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Story sounds good.
    - Scribing is no spellcrafting, but I'll give it a try.
    - A bit disappointed the new companions won't be added before Q4.
    - Might be a pity for some that Necrom's ending was spoiled - I've seen people complaining about the lack of Necrom spoiler warnings here at the forum just 2 or 3 days ago (although it's of course hard to announce that new story without mentioning Ithelia).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Liked the stream! I love the look of the new zone. I see potential with the new system, but I don't get why you guys just couldn't name it spellcrafting? Mayem after the chapter has dropped is gonna be interesting for sure.
    I applaud that we're potentially getting many new in-game earnable rewards.
    The new Prince is so pretty, now I really have to finish up the Necrom story.

Was that also you @ZOS_Kevin? If so, hello! o/ It's nice to see the person behind the avater!
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a bow player I found the showcased scribing skill very disappointing. The freedom to customize the skill effect is kind of cancelled out by tying it to an animation that is highly restrictive in terms of its use: "firing an arrow into the ground and doing a backflip". Yeah I really want to customize that :s To be honest it makes it kind of a non-feature that way. Yeah you can customize a skill, but due to its animation its use is so oddly specific and out of line with the other abilities that you won't want to slot it.
    Edited by Muizer on January 18, 2024 10:53PM
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XSTRONG wrote: »

Only interesting thing was the new PvP feature in like a year from now and im not even a pvp player so...

Out of interest, if you're not a PvPer and all the new PvE content, skill additions and other things mentioned only bore you, which part of the game do you actually play and what sort of announcement would not have bored you?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 19, 2024 3:17PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fata1moose wrote: »
    No vet overland = no buy unfortunately.

Also not convinced on scribing being spell crafting without you know…spells.

Because it's obviously not Spell Crafting as everyone envisioned it to be. It's Spell Customization. Probably what ZOS was only capable of doing within the confines of the existing code and gameplay mechanics. We have to appreciate what we can get, not demand what we want.
    XSTRONG wrote: »

So then what's NOT boring to you? What we saw is the meat and potatoes of ESO.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 19, 2024 3:17PM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ThelerisTelvanni
    ThelerisTelvanni
    ✭✭✭
    I have been asking for Skingrad in the past and I am so exited to finally get it :)

I hope to delve into many Aylied ruins and amongst the public dungeon, delves and the raid. Hope the raid will be awsome :)

The story will be interesting and new. I hope to meet some actual Aylieds :)

I can't wait to see the houses that come with the chapter! I hope for a vineyard, a Skingrad town house and an Aylied home.

Scribing and skill customisation will be interesting! Can't wait to see more about it!

The stream checked so many boxes and I am realy exited for this year!
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    FayJolyn wrote: »
    Liked the stream! I love the look of the new zone. I see potential with the new system, but I don't get why you guys just couldn't name it spellcrafting? Mayem after the chapter has dropped is gonna be interesting for sure.

Was that also you @ZOS_Kevin? If so, hello! o/ It's nice to see the person behind the avater!

So we did not name it Spellcrafting for two reasons.

One, since that is a feature in Oblivion, we did not want to set the expectation that it was the same. Since it does not function the same, we did not want to mislead players.

Two, scribing is designed with balance in mind. This is still an online game where you are interacting with others and working toward goals with others. The team needs a way to balance, and scribing (a precursor to spell crafting) achieves that.

Also that was me! Hi!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Art and zone beautiful, the art team is amazing as usual.
    Story sounds interesting I suppose, but not really on board with a new daedric prince.
    Scribing looks like it could have a lot of potential. Can't wait to theorycraft with my friends (what we do all the time anyways) to see how we can break the game with scribing.

Hesitant about the amount of grinding scribing may entail.
    Hesitant about being excited for what q4 pvp content will be. I play this game to pvp, but have been burned many times/felt like I've been left hanging for years after pvp content drought. Hopeful but don't want to get too hopeful over this aspect.

All in all, will be getting the chapter I think due to scribing, for pvp build purposes.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • thegreeneso
    thegreeneso
    ✭✭✭
    According to the roadmap, we're getting only 2 dungeons and 1 zone again this chapter. Can you confirm this? @ZOS_Kevin
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    According to the roadmap, we're getting only 2 dungeons and 1 zone again this chapter. Can you confirm this? @ZOS_Kevin

This is correct. Q1 is Dungeon DLC, Q2 you get the zone with Gold Road, Q3 is a Quality of Life Update with a housing feature update, and Q4 are two new companions and PvP update.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been getting back into ESO lately, and I do think the scribing system will be enticing enough to get me to play more than I already do.

I'm very curious about the new daedric prince. Necrom's story felt pretty dull/standard. It was just a bunch of running around and listening to characters tell you how badly the world is gonna end because of daedra, and then everything is fine and that's that. But the mention of the new prince really lit up my interest at the end of necrom and had me going back over other elder scrolls content to consider the implications.
    So to see the new prince, seemingly resurrected and walking on the surface of nirn, is very exciting. I'm just worried it'll turn into a typical every-other-chapter story though. I'm hoping this new prince brings something unique to eso gameplay. All of the dire chapter stories never feel so dire because everywhere else is normal or facing their own issues. Since this daedric prince is seemingly here on nirn, I think it'd be neat if her presence has some kind of effect on the rest of the world, not just the chapter area. Especially since it's the 10 year anniversary of eso. Even if it was something as simple as adding some random NPC dialogue in cities, or if something drastic and terrible happens in the story having a temporary new skybox/textures to the environment of other areas until the crisis is over could be cool (eso already edits some areas for holidays and added dragons and such to cities to pull attention to elswyr dlc, so it seems within their scope). Or maybe adding just some new enemies in older areas...something to reflect the wide implications of her return.
    Then again, maybe she won't be so bad. Since we have literally no knowledge of her, we don't know how she is going to be. I hope the story isn't entirely linear of us just trying to stop some evil plot of hers. I don't believe we know why she was erased? If that's the case, we don't know her alignments, her tactics, her ambitions. There is a lot of mystery, and I hope the uncertainty about her is present throughout the chapter. If there were actual story/dialogue options to match the shade of gray currently surrounding her, that could be fun. Especially since she seems to be able to exist in cities, she could be an actual part of her intentions and not just a background voice telling lesser daedra and servants do stuff for her. That would really open up my intrigue personally. But I'm assuming this will not be the case, which is fine. It's just what I got from seeing the trailer.
    That being said, I wonder how the story will end. This game is a prequel and the daedric prince is seemingly forgotten again by the later games.

Other than that, it seems pretty standard all around. It doesn't quite feel like it fit up to the hype zos was setting up, but we'll see once the year is over. It still looks good enough that I am planning to pre-order it after I've seen some more info on the scribing content.

I still want a class-change token and some pseudo-levitation mounts though haha.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we get Q3 including the housing update for free, correct? What's with Q4?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the roadmap, we're getting only 2 dungeons and 1 zone again this chapter. Can you confirm this? ZOS_Kevin

Try not to think as "only" getting.

Edited by ArchMikem on January 18, 2024 11:06PM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • WhosTheFancyOneNow
    WhosTheFancyOneNow
    ✭✭✭
    so when i buy the gold road upgrade that includes all the previous chapters can i have arcanist removed from my account?
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Two, scribing is designed with balance in mind. This is still an online game where you are interacting with others and working toward goals with others. The team needs a way to balance, and scribing (a precursor to spell crafting) achieves that.

Does that mean all of the scribe-able skills are tailored by means of their animation to only be useful in very rare circumstances, as is the case for the showcased bow skill?
    Edited by Muizer on January 18, 2024 11:07PM
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    So we get Q3 including the housing update for free, correct? What's with Q4?

Q4 is 2 companions and a pvp update.

• vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    FayJolyn wrote: »

So we did not name it Spellcrafting for two reasons.

One, since that is a feature in Oblivion, we did not want to set the expectation that it was the same. Since it does not function the same, we did not want to mislead players.

Also that was me! Hi!
    At the 40 minute point, correct? https://youtu.be/EDZvHNg85Mc?feature=shared&t=2400
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how much the companions will cost in the crown store being separated from the chapter.